Newbie 822: High Life Mafia (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
TCold
TCold
Goon
TCold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:57 pm

Post by TCold »

Hello everybody. Let me join in on this "fiery" discussion. :)

I see no reason why i shouldn't answer Hoopla's questions. It makes almost no reason not to, well at least i don't see it.

1. What is your current mafia experience - where and how many games have you played?

On this site i finished only one game. Atm i'm in this one and in the queue for 2 others. Before finding this site i played a game on some other site that could be labeled as a large theme game by this forums standards. I won that one as the only survivor. (it was a really weird setup)

2. What alignment do you/would you prefer to play, town or mafia?

I have little experience playing town, as in my first game i was a mafia roleblocker and in the next game, that i played for only a few pages as i was busy and couldn't play, i was town. I can't really decide what i prefer as i don't have enough experience in either of the roles.

And in the end just for a good measure.
Vote: hohum
because i don't like Winnie the Poo. :P
TCold
TCold
Goon
TCold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:00 pm

Post by TCold »

Oh, and happy birthday Hoopla. :)
And i have to agree about the colors. They're a bit out of the line. Let's keep the colors reserved for the mod, ok?
TCold
TCold
Goon
TCold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #2) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:50 am

Post by TCold »

That really is a suspicious reaction to a simple vote.

Unvote

Vote: moose200x
TCold
TCold
Goon
TCold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #3) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:39 pm

Post by TCold »

I think that all this mess with moose is him overreacting over a simple vote. Altough that doesn't make him any less scumier in my eyes. In my first game here i was scum and was the first to be random voted and i overreacted and put a lot of heat on myself this way as i got questioned a lot and had a hard time trying to stay under the radar. They almost lynched me page 1 as well. Altough that probably also helped me in a way. I was never off the suspect list, but i didn't get lynched till day 3. At the end my mafia mate secured the win for us.

I believe this here is the same situation. Atm, moose is on top of my scum list.
One Master and one apprentice; one to embody the power, the other to crave it.
TCold
TCold
Goon
TCold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #4) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:51 am

Post by TCold »

Well, my top suspects surely are:

Moose200x: for reasons stated in my previous post
Mufasa: Well, my thoughts on him have been expressed by others already. The reason is practically the same as yours hohum.
TCold
TCold
Goon
TCold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:31 am

Post by TCold »

Well, well. Now this is interesting development. Haven't seen this happen yet. The mafia kill must have been blocked by a doctor as i don't imagine them being inactive this much. They made a bad choice and the doc a good one. Good for the town.
TCold
TCold
Goon
TCold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:07 pm

Post by TCold »

I didn't thank the doc. I only commented on how good a pick he made as he blocked the night kill. I don't expect that the mafia would decide not to kill anyone. Especially not in a newbie game. I was mafia in my previous game on the site and there's no way i'd not kill someone during the night. In a newbie game, everybody kills during the night. There's no way they'd miss a chance to reduce the number of players. When you're new, you don't think so much about other options but go for the most obvious beneficiary one, that's the night kill.
TCold
TCold
Goon
TCold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:32 pm

Post by TCold »

That is true, although i find that chance almost non-existant. But that's just me...
TCold
TCold
Goon
TCold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:22 pm

Post by TCold »

PHANTOM wrote:
TCold wrote:I didn't thank the doc. I only commented on how good a pick he made as he blocked the night kill. I don't expect that the mafia would decide not to kill anyone. Especially not in a newbie game. I was mafia in my previous game on the site and there's no way i'd not kill someone during the night. In a newbie game, everybody kills during the night. There's no way they'd miss a chance to reduce the number of players. When you're new, you don't think so much about other options but go for the most obvious beneficiary one, that's the night kill.
M-W Dictionary wrote:congratulate - 2 : to express vicarious pleasure to (a person) on the occasion of success or good fortune
TCold wrote:Well, well. Now this is interesting development. Haven't seen this happen yet. The mafia kill must have been blocked by a doctor as i don't imagine them being inactive this much. They made a bad choice and the doc a good one. Good for the town.
So explain how "they made a bad choice and the doc a good one" is not congratulating the doc?
That's simply stating the facts.
TCold
TCold
Goon
TCold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #9) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:48 am

Post by TCold »

I read through my post several times now. I still don't see me thanking the doc in any sentence of it. All i did was mention that somebody made a bad and somebody a good choice. As far as i can tell, that post contains no thanking whatsoever. Unless there's a hidden meaning to what i wrote that i might not know as english is not my native language...
TCold
TCold
Goon
TCold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #10) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:51 pm

Post by TCold »

Kyraeu wrote:TCold, even if you are not thanking the doc, you were definitely congratulating him if he did indeed save, which is in the same vein. Technically you did not thank him but saying that the doc made a good choice is roughly equivalent to saying "thanks doc".
Well, i didn't know that. Good to know.

On another thing. I reread the thread a bit and i have to agree that ah hasn't really done much to help and looking at his posts he doesn't seem to think of himself as big help to the town, which could have a hidden meaning.

Vote: ah2190
TCold
TCold
Goon
TCold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #11) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:34 am

Post by TCold »

I have to say this really isn't going anywhere. We need some more discusion people. 2 posts a day are nothing. Somebody should ask people questions. I'm not experienced enough to know what to ask, so i ask somebody more expirienced to try and do something about this nonexistent discusion.
TCold
TCold
Goon
TCold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #12) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:50 am

Post by TCold »

I agree with you hoopla. This game needs more life. Lynching one of those seems like the best idea and as Mufasa already has 3 votes on himself i'll just:

Unvote. Vote: Mufasa
TCold
TCold
Goon
TCold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by TCold »

Sorry guys, busy last week. But from yesterday on i'm finnaly free of school. At least for a month.

And since nothing has been really happening i have nothing to add...
TCold
TCold
Goon
TCold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (isolation #14) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:16 pm

Post by TCold »

Well, this is interesting. Looks like we're in a bit of a situation here. Each one of us 3 (if the other 2 show up that is) will claim the other 2 are scum. So we won't really get anywhere from listening to any posts made by us. I wouldn't trust anything they say if i was in you guys place. So all we can actually do is vote for one of the other 2 and hope we don't get lynched. At least that's how i see the situation.
So, without any further holding back...
Vote: lumi
TCold
TCold
Goon
TCold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #15) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:03 pm

Post by TCold »

Sorry for my inactivity, but my computer died a few days ago and i still don't have a replacement and typing on the phone is not really fun. :/

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”