Newbie 838 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:14 am

Post by Nikanor »

If we have a cop, he should reveal himself now. We pretty much automatically win in that case, as the doc will protect him every night without fail.
The doctor SHOULD NOT CLAIM, however.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #300 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:49 am

Post by Nikanor »

@Mod: For whom was BlueRaven voting yesterday? Your final vote count lists him twice.

his final vote yesterday was for Ash
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:57 am

Post by Nikanor »

For one, I think that startransmission is pretty much cleared, thanks to the BS vote rusty put on him at the beginning of day one.
I'm going to look over voting patterns to see if I can find anything. Until then... wait, I guess.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:58 am

Post by Nikanor »

Nikanor wrote:Until then... wait, I guess.
Unless you actually want to do something. That's good, too.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Startransmission wrote:Welcome Nikanor. I have to disagree with you here. I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think it's wise to give the mafia anymore info than necessary. If there is a cop then a claim should only be made when they are at L-1, or if they have a guilty result that would end the game.
Actually, it's much better to have the cop claim at this point. Think of it this way: the cop investigates someone every night. Even if the doc dies tonight, if the cop saves his investigation until tomorrow, we'll have two confirmed innocents. How is that not beneficial?
The thing I'm worried about is that if we have a cop, he might not get doc protection and he might die before giving us his results. That's why I think it is better for the cop to claim now.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by Nikanor »

I just popped in to say that, now I'm going to bed.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by Nikanor »

startransmission wrote:@Nikanor... I trust your reading through to put together that LoS?
Ehhhh, no. Sorry! I have an exam coming up and I've been studying. I promise to do it later this week, however.
I guess I also worry about a false claim, that could be problematic. But with one scum down I doubt the other one would stick their neck out like that.
I agree that a false claim would be troublesome. It would be difficult to tell the validity of the claim, and we'd be forced with a tough decision in lylo.
Enough about that, though. Falseclaims aren't what we should be worried about at this time.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:12 am

Post by Nikanor »

MME wrote:A false claim would be auto suicide. Let's assume a cop fakeclaim and no cc's.

The fake-cop gets to LyLo with two players. The only thing that needs to happen is for the two players to say they are not the doc and we'll know the cop is a fake.
Gah! Why'd you have to say that? I was trying to make a falseclaim attractive for scum, so that they might make a half-baked decision. Now you've ruined it. :(
Anyway, I'm finishing homework at school. This is the last of it for this week. Hopefully I can get back home early enough for a reread, but if I don't, I'll definitely be doing it tomorrow.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:46 am

Post by Nikanor »

Not to sound like a nag or a broken record, but if you barely have time for this game, don't enter other games.

Case in point:
Nikanor#1, Nikanor#2.

If you're not going to put out some content soon, I'll push for your (policy) lynch. [/quote]
Haha, I don't think being busy for four days over a weekend really qualifies as grounds for a lurker lynch. ;)
Anyway, I'm home and reading. I'll post something before or after dinner.
Probably not during dinner, though.

Yeah, definitely not during dinner.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by Nikanor »

In post 102, purple princess wrote:-rustys attack on startransmission, I don't really get good or bad vibes from this really, I understand the whole lurkers don't always = scum, but I am unsure why he thinks she is a very town player. even if she does turn out to be town, I still don't think that her lack of activity is a very town move.
I don't like this. Fencesitting to the max, on confirmed scum, even.
In post 102, purple princess wrote:-startransmissions attack on crunchi, with not much to go on after RVS I guess the only other logical option was to start to ask questions about lurkers, and with crunchi being the least active player, I guess she was kind of asking for some votes, especially after the "it's easier for me" post. He says that maybe she would responed to this game after some pressure has been applied, but I think we have heard the last of her now and should maybe start looking in other directions to who maybe scum, than waste time on someone who has effectivly left this game. The only people to beniefit from this agument will be scum as it would let them pass through the radar untill d2.
In post 143, purple princess wrote:Still unsure on on who maybe scum right now, I guess crunchi is #1 suspect, but I would like to here from her or her replacement before taking this any further.
So is she suspicious of Crunchi or isn't she?
In post 149, purple princess wrote:Why do you feel it necessary to jump on the crunchi bandwaggon, when she has been replaced? Do you not think that is a little unfair and maybe we should wait for a response from PorkchopExpress before voting for a new player?
Says the person with Crunchi as her #1 suspect.
In post 230, purple princess wrote:I don't see where in Carrick16's post that he just suspected her, otherwise he would have fos, wouldn't he? I can understand after myself bringing this up why he would then find it a little diffucult to actually place the vote on crunchi
'He didn't use FoS, he instead said that he was suspicious of Crunchi to the point of being willing to vote for her, therefore he is scum.'
Did I get that right?
In post 252, purple princess wrote:I just think it is my gut feeling right now that BlueRaven is town, I just have a slight feeling that maybe scum would be trying a little bit harder in this game and with posts like "doing more thinking will post back tomorrow if I'm lucky" just seems a little lacklustre, which makes me think he is just plain vanilla, I could be completely wrong, but that is just my opinion.
Rolefishing, perhaps?

I think pp is scum, but I also want to analyse Blue's day one play, so I'll hold off on voting for now.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #350 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:24 am

Post by Nikanor »

Blue wrote:ok, im back. Sorry about that....
Do you have anything to say...?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:12 am

Post by Nikanor »

MME wrote:
And before you say it:
That one post was ok, but it was only about pp. Who is conveniently at L-1. And suspected by more than half of the remaining players.
I didn't say I was done talking. In fact, I said I was going to review Blue's posts as well.
So don't give me that.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (isolation #12) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:47 am

Post by Nikanor »

Porkchop wrote:Nikanor's stone-throwing from the porch of his glasshouse is racking him up some scum points, in my estimation.
Does that mean my porch is made of glass, too? That would get pretty hot in the summertime... (easy to clean, though).

I'm working on that LoS now.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:43 am

Post by Nikanor »

Upon reading Blue in iso, I realised I really don't have that much of a problem with him. For those of you who don't know me, I unconsciously am harder on people with bad grammar when reading through.
That said, there are a couple things I want to point out.
In post 139, BlueRaven wrote:how would u know who town are? The only way to know that, this early on, is to be scum your self!

FoS My Milked EEk

to early to tell atm, we shall have to wait and see...
This is a really crappy accusation.
Also, I wonder what he's waiting for. Waiting to see if a wagon builds on MME before he votes, perhaps.
In post 180, BlueRaven wrote:I am a catious voter and dont throw my vote around like there is no tomorrow
Six iso posts later, Blue votes DV7 'out of the blue,' if you will. Having not mentioned DV7 in his previous posts, Blue justifies his vote with this:
Blue wrote:Oh and i forgot to add: vote: D-V-7 i dont like the way he puposly lied about that. On my scum-o-meter he's just been bumped to first.
That's all I have on Blue for now.

@Blue: TALK! You can start by adressing the things I have mentioned in this post, if you want to be given things to talk about.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (isolation #14) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Oh, and I am about halfway done my tubby iso now, but I'm too lazy to finish it.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:45 pm

Post by Nikanor »

MME wrote:Tubby has like 25 posts and it takes you 2 hours to read 12 of them?
Actually, it only took me about an hour, but I posted 363 after realising I had been distracted and was probably not going to get back to it tonight.
Laziness and procrastination is my issue here, MME. You're not likely to get more than one iso read out of me each day, no matter how much you threaten to vote me.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:16 pm

Post by Nikanor »

MME wrote:
While you aren't breaking it, rule 2 is about making a commitment to this game and the other players. You're telling me it's going to take you another 4 days to comment on everyone? 8 if you're doing everyone in halves? You do realize we have a deadline right?
I do realise we have a deadline. I'm also conscious of the fact that it is two weeks away.
If I had posted all my content last week, as soon as the thread opened, do you know what we'd be doing right now? We'd be waiting for our lurker Blue to show up and actually provide some content for once. Since I didn't post all my content a week ago, though, that's not the case. Now we're waiting for Blue and Nik to post content. How is that any different than if we were waiting for Blue to speak? The only difference is that I'm here for you to reprimand, while Blue is off in his own world doing who-knows-what.
Also, don't go citing the rules to me. I've made a commitment to the game and to the players in this game, yes. However, I do not feel that commitment extends to doing something I do not particularly enjoy (i.e. working for six hours on PBPAs to get together the proper material for a LoS).
And above all, citing rules makes you look facetious. So don't do it.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (isolation #17) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:56 am

Post by Nikanor »

In post 45, bigmc109 wrote:The only thing that really sticks out to me as suspicious is rusty's line about scum making mistakes. I think Echo put it best when he said that's one of those lines that scum would say to make themselves seem increidbly pro-town. But it's also such a small thing that if rusty doesn't give us
more
scumtells, he won't even be a suspect.
Eh? Scumslip already?
I think the thing that makes this really significant is that he simultaneously says that what rustyshark did was a scumtell, but also says it is an insignificant one.
In post 114, tubby216 wrote:lookin at start and d-villia the earn my F.O.S. currently
What does DV7 do that earns your obviously well thought-out FoS?
If you don't state a reason with your FoS, it just looks like distancing.
In post 160, tubby216 wrote:1) alow me the chance to veiw you reaction. wich in my opinion you reacted poorly, and soo i may even bring a case to get you lynched.
A case which was never written.
In post 190, tubby216 wrote:
startransmission wrote:
tubby216 wrote:ok well now that we have shown we are willing to lynch blue depending on his answers i will:

unvote

i do not want a quick hammer to screw up blue answering the afore mentioned questions..
Not sure how I feel about this Tubby. Of course we are willing to lynch
anybody
based upon their answers. This makes me wonder if you placed a vote on Blue to distance yourself, and as soon as he's at L-1 you felt you had to back off. He hasn't even had a chance to respond while at L-1. And what if he is hammered prematurely? If Blue flips town the person responsible will have much to answer for, and give us a potentially excellent scum lead.
ok,
1)
First blue was talkin about having doubts that we would lynch anybody due to activity. Once he hit L-1 that was disproven.

2)
Second, the guy i replaced put the vote on him and I left it there, Due to what i seen from his posts wich was well outlined by me and MME.

3)
Third, premature hammer this early in the game while it would give us decent lead I believe there is much more to be learned from his responses and other people's responses to his response

4)
Fourth in my opinion Most newbies shy away from dropping the hammer where as i have no problem and will do so depending Blue answers. I will dropp the hammer after i post my thoughts and the rest of the peole on the wagon have a chance to post their thoughts.
1) This has nothing to do with anything. It's fluff, unless I'm missing something.
2) In iso 4 tubby said he was, 'comfortable leaving my vote where it is for now,' and in iso 7, he said, 'If you haven't noticed i am voting you, wich means i would you to be lynched.' In point two here, tubby is trying to pass blame onto his replacee after stating multiple times that he would like Blue to be lynched.
3) This is simply not true. Either we a) accidentally quicklynch town and get a decent lead on the scum, or b) accidentally quicklynch scum, in which case we would use his reactions and whatnot to try to find his partner. However, this point is badlogic as opposed to craplogic, and is therefore a nulltell.
4) In his opinion he thinks that most newbies shy from the hammer. Why does he feel the need to unvote, then? Surely he doesn't expect an experienced player to quicklynch. This is a lie, and a scummy lie at that.
In post 224, tubby216 wrote:well MME if you look at Blue in iso you'll see he was averaging three posts per day in this thread. then once we all confimed that we would lynch him if his anawer don't jive. he claimed then posted once on wed.

it could be nothing but then agian it might be.
Classic fencesitting.
In post 233, tubby216 wrote:
MME wrote:
DV7 wrote: [tubby] clearly doesn’t want a mislynch.
What?
[bolded added for emphasis]
are you pointing out the misrep there MME?
How does tubby not see the scumslip? This is a big scumslip of tubby's. If it were misrepresentation, as tubby says, it would mean that tubby wants the opposite of what DV7 claims tubby to not want. That being a mislynch.
So basically, thanks to the wonder of semantics, tubby admits to wanting a mislynch. Hooray!
In post 251, tubby216 wrote:i really don't want to let blue off the hook here. but the case on ash has alot of validity to it.
Mhmm.
In post 269, tubby216 wrote:MME i like you vote and and case on pp. but since ash kinda dissapeared when start started asking questions i'm gonna

vote: ash
tubby has to be sure to get on the ash wagon. His reason for hopping on the wagon is crap, though, considering he let Blue go without a vote for doing the exact same thing all throughout day one.
In post 296, tubby216 wrote:
vote purple princess

for reasons stated yesterday, 1 she never voted for ash, 2 she was listed as middle of the road on ash's los.
What is this? What happened to your suspicions for Blue?
And from what I can read, your 'reasons stated yesterday' was MME's case.

That's tubby's play on day one and the early hours of day two. A bit longer than Blue and pp.
Since I missed my analysis-of-the-day yesterday, I'll be giving you folks a double feature today. It'll be up in around five hours. Enjoy.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (isolation #18) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:37 am

Post by Nikanor »

I'm not dead yet, I'm at work. I WILL be posting an analysis on Porkchop/Crunchi by the end of today, though.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (isolation #19) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:55 pm

Post by Nikanor »

*Slacks off, not completing his Porkchop analysis tonight.*
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (isolation #20) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:03 am

Post by Nikanor »

*recoils under the pressure and starts working again*
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (isolation #21) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:24 pm

Post by Nikanor »

So, upon reading Porkchop's posts in iso, I have come to the conclusion that he is most likely town. I'm not going to go posting all my towntells in this topic, but I will say that his defense against pp's attack is solid, and impacts positively on my opinion of him. If you need more justification, fine, I'll give you some, but don't expect me to post EVERYTHING, because I won't.
The main problem points I have when it comes to Porkchop are Crunchi's posts (unsurprisingly), but even her play can be mostly attributed to newbtown. The only post of Crunchi's that I really have a problem with is her iso 7, where she fencesits on both rustyshark and his target (startrans) simultaneously.
I believe the accidental hammer on DV7 can be considered a nulltell. Here we have four possible scenarios, ordered from most to least likely:
a) Town, accidentally hammered. This seems the most likely, by process of elimination.
b) Scum, accidentally hammered. This is plausible, but I doubt Porkchop would be so careless as to forget what the L-count on his partner was.
c) Scum, pretended to accidentally hammer. Why? Scum would get more town credit for hammering his partner than he would for putting him at L-1.
d) Town, pretended to accidentally hammer. Why? That sounds like something
I
would do, but it still makes no sense.

Also, for MME's sake: When I said I had completed half of my Porkchop analysis, I really meant that I had completed the Crunchi analysis. I figured you were going to say something about this, so I decided to pre-empt you. I hope you don't mind!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (isolation #22) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:09 am

Post by Nikanor »

MME wrote:do you find tubby scummier than porkchop or to put it differently, do you find porkchop to be more town than tubby?
For the moment being, this is correct. I have yet to review rustyshark/DV7's posts, though, to look for connections (or lack thereof, in startrans's case).
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (isolation #23) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by Nikanor »

startransmission wrote:Nikanors Tubby review.
Nikanor's tubby review is here.
Also, what confuses you about that post you mentioned? When you ask for clarification, please try to be clear. :P
I'll write some stuff about why I think Porkchop is town now.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (isolation #24) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:08 pm

Post by Nikanor »

startrans wrote:And I was wondering about the "lackthereof" regarding me and rusty/ashes connections...?
I was talking about the misrepresentation rusty had done to you near the beginning of the day. It makes you very unlikely to be connected with rusty/Ash.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (isolation #25) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:44 am

Post by Nikanor »

I think tubby is likely our scum. Pads earned some townie points for yesterday's hammer; I don't think he's as likely to be scum as tubby.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (isolation #26) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:35 am

Post by Nikanor »

Pads wrote:I understand not voting in that particular post, as PurplePrincess was at L-1 from Tubby, MME, and Porkchop. But this is Day 2, with no roles, and a scum already lynched, so surely a townie can't be so paralyzed with the fear of mislynching that they fail to hammer the person they think is scum for an entire week?
a) I was still waiting to hear something from Blue or his replacement.
b) I wanted to analyse everyone's play. I was starting to think that tubby was more scummy than pp, after reading his play as well.
I do not think it is unreasonable to say that it looks like you were using MME's demands for content as a cover for slinking out of the responsibility of hammering on a mislynch.
I'm not quick to hammer by any means. I guess you could say I'm
too
cautious. You can take a look at my meta if you'd like. I have never hammered as town. Based on my suspicions of tubby late yesterday, I probably never would have hammered, and would have pushed a tubby lynch instead.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #413 (isolation #27) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Vote: tubby216.

That should get things rolling.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (isolation #28) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:56 am

Post by Nikanor »

startransmission wrote:Why do you find him scummy?
This.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (isolation #29) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Pads, you said you had things to say about Porkchop and tubby. Where are they?
Startrans, what do you think of tubby?
Porkchop, are you recovered from last weekend yet?
tubby, have you finished your reread yet?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (isolation #30) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:42 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Pads wrote:Those comments are patiently waiting the arrival of our other three players.
Alright then. *twiddles thumbs*
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (isolation #31) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:32 am

Post by Nikanor »

I'm fed up with this already. Massprod, mod?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (isolation #32) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:07 am

Post by Nikanor »

Lalalalala~
Pads, are you there?
startrans, are you there?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (isolation #33) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:25 am

Post by Nikanor »

Pads wrote:But there was none of that. Neither a hammering nor a pushing of another case. The post where you finish off your review of Porkchop strikes me as unnatural because it neither addresses the original issue (your postponed vote on PurplePrincess) nor does it take steps to go down a different path (Tubby). It's a stagnant and destination-less post.
I still had to analyse MME's play, remember.
With a L-1 wagon looming for a week, you neither denounced it, nor addressed your earlier intention to join it, nor made an effort to distance it. I took no major issue with your analysis on the players, but when it came to actual action, there was nothing. That kind of ambiguousness is where scum can hide, so while playstyle might account for it, so might a scum PM.
I also didn't expect someone to come along and hammer it a week before deadline.

I didn't think it was prudent to vote anyone until I was finished my analysis of everyone's play. A vote is supposed to be an indication of who you find most suspicious. Well, I didn't know who I found most suspicious because I hadn't reviewed everyone's play yet. It's true that I probably would have voted and pushed for a tubby lynch yesterday had I been given the chance to analyse MME's behaviour.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (isolation #34) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:34 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Pads wrote:This has to be scum talking. Townies are impulsive and self-righteous with their votes, and not so calculating. Especially considering the quick Day 3 vote on a person he wasn't voting for yesterday.
I can see where you're coming from when it comes to tubby. Not hammering purple princess, on the other hand, cannot be considered scummy by even the longest stretch, and I don't see how you are trying to make it seem that way. If I had hammered pp yesterday as soon as I had made a case on her, many of the things tubby had done day one that were scummy would not have been addressed. It could have been the same with MME.
Pads wrote:Rolefishing (let's out the cop)
I've seen that strategy work before in a newbie game. Basically, worst case scenario, the scum hits the doc on that night, then kills the cop the following night going into lylo. Even if the cop's target on n1 was the dead person, and his n2 on the doc, his n3 target will be confirmed, as the scum will be forced to kill the cop. This leaves us with one confirmed townie in 3p lylo in the absolute worst case scenario. If the scum doesn't hit the doc on n2, he loses. I can't believe you've never seen this strategy suggested before.
Pads wrote:attempting to placate his attackers
Stop using words intended to make me look worse, thanks.
And anyway, what would you have me do? I could have totally ignored MME on d2.
Pads wrote:@PorkchopExpress - Can you point to the exact moment where everyone concluded that Startrasmission was town? Seems to me that I read it, and agreed with it, but I can't find it now. I ask because I saw he was a proponent of giving Ash a break for his posting style, just as Tubby was, and I wanted a chance to review.
I mentioned it in one of my posts. Rustyshark completely misrepresented startrans at the beginning of day one, which I cannot see as partnerlike behaviour.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (isolation #35) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:08 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Porkchop wrote:I'm not entirely sure how you settled any suspicions from the NK, Star. A reread of Day 1 has me seeing some suspicious behaviour between Rusty/Ash and Carrick16/Nik.
Why do you assume the nk points toward you as scum, Porkchop?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (isolation #36) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:26 am

Post by Nikanor »

The way your sentence is worded implies that you think startrans is looking at you as being guilty for the Pads kill.
I'm not entirely sure how you settled any suspicions from the NK, Star. A reread of Day 1 has me seeing some suspicious behaviour between Rusty/Ash and Carrick16/Nik.
When you say, 'I'm not entirely sure how you settled any suspicions from the nk,' you mean that the nk tells you nothing about who may be scum. Then, you say that you see some 'suspicious behaviour between Rusty/Ash and Carrick/Nik,' on day one. The way you have worded the second sentence makes it seem like you are attempting to form a defence by pointing the finger at me.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (isolation #37) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Porkchop wrote:Wonderful, a vague linguistic argument that actually fails to demonstrate why/how I think the NK implicates me. Trying to link those sentences like that is a stretch on your part. Of course, considering that you emphasised your townie read on Startran, while you passed up the opportunity to analyse me; I can't say that I'm surprised that you're reaching.
Pfft. I'm a linguist by nature, so of course I'm going to notice and point out barely noticeable semantic slips, such as the one you have committed.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (isolation #38) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:30 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Whoa, it's MiteyMouse!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (isolation #39) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:57 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Porkchop wrote:This Post - Rusty's RVS blurb and random vote for Carrick. Good to get some distancing in early.
In my experience, scum rarely vote for each other in the random stage. Newbscum especially hate making any kind of connection between themselves, including random votes.
Porkchop wrote:This Post - Carrick's analysis of Rusty. His analysis doesn't even mention anything of alignment, focussing instead on Rusty's competence. It reads like "Pull your head in, mate." Here Carrick manages to avoid involving himself in the read of Rusty, while downplaying its importance and distancing himself.
Carrick wrote:Rustyshark - Extremely shaky first post which points towards him being a goon unless he has friggin aspergers syndrome.
Where does Carrick not mention anything about Rusty's alignment? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I see the word 'goon' in the above quote.
Porkchop wrote:This Post - Ash (having replaced Rusty) finally provides some analysis. Labels Carrick an active lurker but places him firmly in neutral territory. Weird double standard since he rated me/Crunchi higher based off Crunchi's lurking but claimed I was "Looking slightly town". Feels scummy to me.
It could either be distancing if you are the last scum, or putting a buddy townier than he should be if Star/MiteyMouse is scum. It could be either way, so I don't want to try to draw any evidence from it.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (isolation #40) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:35 am

Post by Nikanor »

Porkchop wrote:He's calling him an idiot. Goon is slang for that. Unless you really want to admit that Carrick claims to knew the details of Ash's alignment, which would be an interesting defence.
So it's okay for you to make assumptions about the implications in another's speech, but not okay for MiteyMouse and I to do the same? I think it's funny that you'd try to pass the assumption that goon=idiot, instead of the obvious goon=mafia goon.
I'll quote Carrick's line to you again, to make it a bit clearer.
Carrick wrote:Rustyshark - Extremely shaky first post which points towards him being
a goon
Mafia
unless he has friggin aspergers syndrome.
Does that help you out?
Your last sentence is just ridiculous. You're twisting Carrick's words around to make it seem as though he, 'knew the details of Ash's alignment,' which is untrue, and not even possibly a misinterpretation from the above quote.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (isolation #41) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:35 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Vote: PorkchopExpress.
Porkchop wrote:Ah, Nikanor's reaching again. Who would have thought?
It's not reaching. I'm pointing out the most logical conclusion. You are trying to turn a quote into something it is not. That's called twisting, and it is misrepresentation.
(which is more than you have done today)
Nice off-handed remark there.
Either he tried to avoid commenting on Rusty's alignment which is scummy, or he suggested he might be mafia and then did nothing to follow that suspicion. Which is also scummy. If you really want to argue the latter, then by all means but it still puts you in hot water.
The truth of the matter is that Carrick did nothing the whole game. He simply flaked out. He didn't even seem interested in the game at all. Your argument is not a valid one, as it ignores the fact that Carrick was a classic flaker, as was Crunchi. A person cannot follow up on suspicions if he's not present to do so.
Things like: If he was calling him Mafia, why wouldn't he just say Mafia?
I have no idea why newbies use the terms they use. I'm reading a game where a newbie uses the word Villa instead of Townie. Is that site standard? No. Does it mean anything about the newbie's alignment? No.
The post only makes sense as a dismissal of Rusty, not an implication. That's why it ended there.
Again, it ended there because Carrick flaked out.
The difference between "goon=idiot" and your "argument" (a liberal use of the term) is that I've done the due diligence to determine that my theory is likely, you've just desperately clung to whatever presented itself and then backed it up with an OMGUS accusation (So I'm scum for being suspicious of you. Classy.)
You haven't expressed due diligence at all. You've ignored several possibilities (Carrick coming from an environment where Mafia are simply called Goons, for example), and have simply gone for the hypothesis that favours you the most. Insulting my argument doesn't count as disproving it, by the way.
Furthermore, if you had just been suspicious, I would not have called you scummy. Instead, you try to make me look suspicious by twisting the words of Carrick and myself. That is what scum does in lylo.
About the OMGUS accusation: By that reasoning, scum could misrepresent a townie's position in lylo, and when the townie tries to call the scum out on it, as I am doing now, the scum could just point and call the townie's argument OMGUS in an attempt to invalidate the townie's argument, winning the game for scum.
Once again, the Nik/Carrick slot shows no interest in scumhunting, as even in LyLo Nik chooses to play defensively and not actually construct a case. All this suggests to me that Nik is more interested in making sure he isn't the lynch, than lynching scum.
Yeah man, that's totally it, because I haven't formed a case all game. :roll:
MM, please post. I have a feeling that this game is about to have a fork stuck in it.
This.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (isolation #42) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Pads wrote:Nikanor: You came in with the odds stacked against you, and you did pretty reasonable for the hand you were dealt. For me, a big turning point was you saying that I had earned a few townie points with my Day 2 play. Nothing hits my scumdar harder than someone saying that I"m being town-like, especially when I know I"m not.
Well, I actually do think quickhammering as you did was a towntell, so I would have done the same as town. I probably would have shown more detail into why I thought you were town (or maybe not said it at all) if I were town, but it was a towntell to me all the same.

Congrats on Porkchop's play. You really surprised me with your excellent play on the last day. I didn't think you had it in you. O.O
MiteyMouse wrote:Now Nik comes in and asks the Cop to claim...a few times. This is pretty blatent rolefishing.
Except that that is the correct play for town in that situation. If I were a cop, I would have definitely claimed it.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (isolation #43) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:04 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Ray wrote:why was I killed?
I always kill RayFrost for teh lulz.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (isolation #44) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:11 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Nikanor9113 (1:05:32 AM): Also, RayFrost is at the pinnicle of scumhuntsmanship.
VoidenBlaze (1:06:09 AM): rofl
VoidenBlaze (1:06:11 AM): no I'm not
Nikanor9113 (1:06:44 AM): You totally are!
VoidenBlaze (1:07:10 AM): how
Nikanor9113 (1:08:07 AM): Because.
Nikanor9113 (1:08:13 AM): You're almost as good as me.
Nikanor9113 (1:08:17 AM): And I'm the best.
VoidenBlaze (1:08:19 AM): roflmao

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”