Newbie 937 ~ Mafia Lite [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by Leafsnail »

Hey there everyone. I don't usually replace into newbie games, but KittyMo asked me nicely on irc, so I couldn't refuse :D.

Now, firstly, my guy seems to be self voting for some reason... better fix that.
Unvote

I'm reading through and making notes, but since it's already really late right now I might not get a proper post in till tomorrow.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:42 am

Post by Leafsnail »

Hey there, everyone. It seems my guy is self voting... better fix that.
Unvote

Notes:
Man, the RVS stage lasts for aaaaaaaaaages in newbie games. Might as well answer the general questions.

Red Star wrote:1. Do you prefer a faster paced game or a slower game with discussion?
Due to my liking of IRL and IRC mafia, I'd say a fast paced game with lots of nice, condensed discussion
Red Star wrote:2. Do you think online mafia is more a psychological game or a logic game?
Two sides of the same coin, in my opinion.
Red Star wrote:3. On day 1, do you think that a random lynch is better than no lynch?
Possibly, providing you let the person claim first. And you get lots of lovely info from all the arguing about random lynching.
Red Star wrote:4. Do you think that WIFOM is a scumtell?
If someone's WIFOMing, they are scum. Period. The problem is identifying if they're WIFOMing or just using faulty reasoning.
Red Star wrote:5. Do you think that OMGUS is a scumtell?
Wouldn't've said so. Everyone knows about this one - scum often make a conscious effort to avoid it. Might be different in a newbie game, but I still regard it as an example of sloppy reasoning rather than a scumtell.
Red Star wrote:6. Would you classify your playstyle as aggresive, analytical, passive or other (if so, state what).
Changes with my mood. Mood swings a lot, so my playstyle does too. Very aggressive if angry.

Imo the RVS ends at post 54. Razorback apparently freaks out at what he sees as "rolefishing". I'm kinda torn on this reaction... it doesn't seem to make much sense as town or scum. He goes on to accuse horrordude, which makes me think of him as the kind that has a tendancy to vote anyone who posts.

Post 67 is interesting. It seems primarily angled as a teaching point, but contains
skerterg wrote:your statement seems like a slightly scummy thing to say.
This seems non commital and slightly wishy washy, considering you didn't attack him any more in the post. Did you regard what he said as scummy or not?

It seems Exilon picks up on this.

76 sees Kranix just voting for no reason. This is null - kranix obviously didn't care about the game at all.

81 looks very bad. Skerterg seems to back away from Exilon's challenge, and goes for a lurker, always an easy target.

82 could also be an attempt to get an easy shot in at a lurker. Someone who isn't around to post is definately an easy target.

89 - how will there be any discussion if we don't MAKE it? Also, what you referred to does not look like a joke in any way.

96 - It didn't look like discussion starting either... and didn't you say it was all "a joke" earlier?

104 - didn't you say that you weren't trying to put out suspicions either?

110 - I definately don't like this. Razorback seems to pull a scumteam out of the air without any explanation (does he really see a connection?) and for some reason doesn't commit to either player.

Lynch builds against my playerslot. Popsofctown seems too quick to put ahoda at L-1, even as he suggests a replacement. I don't get what he's trying to do.

121 - "it would be lots of effort to unvote him and revote him"... would you mind explaining what you mean here, popsofctown? And I don't really buy the "it's noise" explanation.

134 - razorback, this sounds rather a lot like you're dogpiling. Ahoda hadn't refused to ask for a replacement, and you don't give much reasoning for your policylynch other than an appeal to the norm. The last sentence in this post also looks like it's covering your back from possible attacks on this post... going out of your way to defend your actions is something commonly seen in scum. Also, you say "again". In what game did anti town players cause you to lose?

137 - rambling. And who are you even responding to? Again, overdefensive from attacks that haven't even been made.

For the selfvoting discussion - I'd regard self hammering as scum to be a perfectly valid strategy if you don't think you can escape, you still have teammates alive and you feel it would be useful to shut someone up immediately with the nightkill. Just selfvoting though is null - ahoda clearly didn't care about this game at all.

141 - rambles some more... and seems to answer a question aimed at pops. Why, razorback?

146 - skerterg, even your top suspicion here is noncommital, and your second suspicion seems to be for tunnelvision, which isn't really scummy at all. Your description for Razorback is especially odd - why "but"? Do you think being defensive is helpful to the town? Also, you seem EXTREMELY willing to give razorback the benefit of the doubt... why?

149 - agh, more unnecessary self defence from razorback... do you do ANYTHING except cover your actions?

155 - massive overreaction from razorback...

160 - razorback just issues a blanket defence of himself...

174 - I don't really use irc outside of the #mafia channel either :P. But it's so fun... and I felt kinda stupid since she'd nailed the Godfather in a vengeful game from the very start and I ignored her X.X

Reads -
Horrordude and exilon look town. Scumhunting seems genuine, and they don't seem to be jumping on or dogpiling anyone.

sketerg and popsofctown both have scummy elements. Sketerg seems overeager to pardon razorback, and popsofctown seemed to quick to advocate a policylynch on my playerslot.

Red Star is kindof odd. He looks scummy, but I really don't see him as scum with my strongest read... his motive, however, seems inconsistent, and I am a STRONG believer in Lynch All Liars :twisted:. I'd like him to explain his actions clearly.

Vote: Razorback
. Razorback seems to spend more time explaining and excuses his actions than he does making them. He also sees the need to defend himself even when no attack has been made, and if an attack IS made he freaks out.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by Leafsnail »

I did say some stuff about Red Star... as I say, he looks quite scummy, but I don't see him as scum with razorback.

No read on you since you haven't really given me any strong town or scumtells.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:09 am

Post by Leafsnail »

razorback wrote:as for the case of red start i believe he is with out doubt scum. it has been my experience that scum love to twist others words around on them. and this is generally one of the biggest scum tell in the game...

as for myself i'm far from paranoid scum i'm simply trying make to lylo. i have never seen the end of day two as scum or town.. so my goal is get to the end of the game.
Right. So, he is "without doubt" scum. So... why aren't you voting him? As for getting to lylo... how is this helpful for the town?

You also ignore Red Star's last post when attacking him. I see little evidence of misrepping, and I am of the opinion that "misrepping" is usually a way for scum to ignore accusations ("You called me scum and I'm not! MISREP!").
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:28 am

Post by Leafsnail »

That's probably just misreading rather than misrepping. And razorback's last sentence doesn't really make sense with regards to the rest of that post anyway.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:36 am

Post by Leafsnail »

Red Star wrote:
Unvote

The last thing that I want is for someone to be lynched before the deadline.
Even if they're your strongest scum read? :S.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:54 am

Post by Leafsnail »

razorback wrote:first things first
vote redstar

now sceond thing is i hav to iso redstar from my main computer.
What has he done since your last post to merit your vote?

Or are you merely voting because you've come under pressure for
not
voting?
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by Leafsnail »

You don't need an ISO... you can go through the thread and check his behaviour.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (isolation #8) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Leafsnail »

Yes, but you SHOULD HAVE A CASE BEFORE VOTING ANYWAY. Even if it's not fully coherent, you must have a reason you voted Red Star... unless you were planning on voting him first and finding a reason to do so later?
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (isolation #9) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by Leafsnail »

Uh, how is he causing chaos at the moment? Seriously... and your motive seems to be all over the place.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (isolation #10) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:52 am

Post by Leafsnail »

I don't think we should hold off. I think anyone who feels sure razorback is scum should hammer. Discussion is always easier with one dead scum.

You might say it would reduce the info we get, but seeing who is prepared to hammer and who isn't provides a lot of info, especially if razorback flips scum. Certainly, I find it interesting when someone accuses someone of being definate scum and yet holds the hammer off them.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #11) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:21 am

Post by Leafsnail »

Exilon - I can't hammer someone I'm already voting for. I've stated my stance on Razorback several times (scum).

What I am saying is that if anyone has razorback as scum they should go ahead and hammer him. We get more info about who's prepared to hammer who that way.

Red Star's reluctance to vote someone he had marked as guarenteed scum a few pages ago is very interesting, and he never gave an adequate answer why he unvoted his prime suspicion. And almost all his posts give off this strange active-lurkery feel.

The thing is, I don't realy see a razorback/ Red Star scumteam... if razorback does flip town, Red Star is the next one to look at.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:11 am

Post by Leafsnail »

Actually, it seems the rules of this game only require plurality at deadline, so we don't NEED a hammerer. I'd still like one, though, for info reasons.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (isolation #13) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:51 pm

Post by Leafsnail »

Argh... and I was sure this'd be my first win on mafiascum.

Goddamnit.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”