Newbie 937 ~ Mafia Lite [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Newbie 937 ~ Mafia Lite [Game Over]

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:59 am

Post by KittyMo »

Backup Mod: Nikanor

Still /in
:
Spoiler: Alive
Exilon ~ Survived Day 1, Mafia Goon

Knocked /out
:
Spoiler: Dead
razorback (SE) ~ Lynched Day 1 Mafia Goon
Leafsnail (
ahoda
) ~ Killed Night 1; Vanilla Townie
popsofctown (IC) ~ Lynched Day 2 Vanilla Townie
horrordude0215 (SE) ~ Killed Night 2 Vanilla Townie
skerterg ~ Lynched Day 3 Vanilla Townie
Excedrin
Kranix
~ Killed Night 4; Vanilla Townie
KageLord
kelikar
~ Lynched Day 5; Vanilla Townie
Zachrulez
Red Star
~ Endgamed Day 5; Doctor

Game Links

Day 1 Lynch
Day 2 Lynch
Day 3 lynch
Day 4 Lynch
Day 5 Lynch

Anouncements

none
Last edited by KittyMo on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:45 pm, edited 37 times in total.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:15 am

Post by KittyMo »

Game Rules (Modified from Zorblag, who modified them from Vel-Rahn Koon):

General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage.
3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
6. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

1. A simple majority of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur
2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.
3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
4. Please submit votes as:
Vote: PlayerName.
Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.

5. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
6. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
7. This game will have 3 week deadlines. At deadline, the player (or No Lynch) with the most votes will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the tie breaker will be the player who has the first active vote on them. Should there be no active votes at deadline no one will be lynched.
8. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

Indigo
text is reserved for the Mod. No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.

5. Prods of missing players will be issued automatically after 72 hours of no activity or upon request after 48 hours of no activity. A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.
If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.
Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Helpful Links:
[/quote]
Last edited by KittyMo on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:59 am, edited 5 times in total.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:16 am

Post by KittyMo »

The F11 setup is the current game format used in Newbie games. To prevent the development of game-breaking strategies, these Newbie Games are Semi-Open, wherein the actual game setup is randomly chosen from one of four possible setups as detailed below:
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies
If either of the first two setups are in play, and the situation occurs where the Goon is lynched first, the Roleblocker will still be able to submit both night kills and roleblocks (roleblocking is a function of the Roleblocker; night kills are a function of the scum team as a whole).

These are the Role PMs that have potentially been sent to the players:

Mafia-Aligned players:

Mod wrote:

name
(a Mafia Goon) and your partner
name
(who is also a Mafia Goon/Mafia Roleblocker) are part of the local Mafia crime family. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.
  • During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
  • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via this QuickTopic) and choose another player in the town to kill that night. One of you must send me a PM with your choice of who to kill. You should copy your partner on the PM so they know the kill was submitted.
  • You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
  • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:
name
(a Mafia Roleblocker) and your partner
name
(a Mafia Goon) are part of the local Mafia crime family. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.
  • During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
  • As a Roleblocker, you have the ability to distract any player throughout the night, effectively negating their night ability, if they have one.
  • Send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to block. If they have a Night action, it will have no effect. You will not be informed as to whether your roleblock worked or not.
  • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via this QuickTopic) and choose another player in the town to kill that night. One of you must send me a PM with your choice of who to kill. You should copy your partner on the PM so they know the kill was submitted.
  • You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
  • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.

Town-Aligned players:

Mod wrote:

You are a normal townsperson, trying to make a living and survive this insanity.
  • You have no abilities at Night other than getting a good night's rest.
  • Although you do not have any special abilities, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage!
  • At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:

You are the local law enforcement, and can tell the good guys from the bad.
  • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate.
  • The Moderator will inform you as to that person’s guilt or innocence.
  • In a Newbie game, you will always get a correct result (no sanity issues).
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:

You are the local physician, and can protect people from harm.
  • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to protect.
  • If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared.
  • You may not protect yourself.
  • In a Newbie game, your protection target will always live through the night (no quacks).
Last edited by KittyMo on Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by KittyMo »

All Role PMs have been sent in order of the player list.

Please note that there is a special word in your role PM that may not seem like it belongs. In your confirmation post (where you're confirming that you have read and understand the rules and your Role PM), please include this word.

The game officially will begin and votes will start being counted when everyone confirms.

Thanks everyone, I'm looking forward to this game! :D

~KittyMo

"plz don't swear" -- N
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

/confirming le French
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
ahoda
ahoda
Townie
ahoda
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by ahoda »

here
Red Star
Red Star
Goon
Red Star
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by Red Star »

/confirm pumpkin
I am watching you
├é┬á ▲
▲ ▲
kelikar
kelikar
Townie
kelikar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by kelikar »

/confirm cherry

This is exciting! My first forum mafia game! Good luck to everyone!
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by KittyMo »

ahoda wrote:here
What's your special word?

"plz don't swear" -- N
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by popsofctown »

come on now. When the teacher takes roll, you never like to say "present" just to change it up?

present.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by KittyMo »

popsofctown wrote:come on now. When the teacher takes roll, you never like to say "present" just to change it up?

present.
You naughty child! You're supposed to be a role model! You didn't tell me the secret word, either! :O

Note that it's odd trying to act like a teacher to you when I know I'm younger than you. >_>

"plz don't swear" -- N
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:22 pm

Post by popsofctown »

And how do you know how old I am?

I will be a role model for playing good mafia, except for game opening formalities.

No one /conform!!! Be unique!!!! :)
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
ahoda
ahoda
Townie
ahoda
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:18 pm

Post by ahoda »

KittyMo wrote:
ahoda wrote:here
What's your special word?

here dammit!!! :)
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:46 pm

Post by Exilon »

hello everyone! =D
/confirm

Oh, and err.... Strawberry?
I lol'd.
Feels like I've been here before.
razorback
razorback
Goon
razorback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:54 am

Post by razorback »

/confrim razorback
Nathan Hale

I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country
Kranix
Kranix
Townie
Kranix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:43 am

Post by Kranix »

/confirm Neapolitan
skerterg
skerterg
Townie
skerterg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:51 am

Post by skerterg »

Am I the last one? Man, and yesterday was the only day I didn't check...

/confirm eggplant
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by KittyMo »

You guys are terrible with the confirmation words... :P But I'll let it slide.

It's a beautiful sunny day. You go about your day as normal. Everything seems to be exactly the same as any other day.

...well, until you heard a gunshot. Then screaming. Then more screaming. Then wailing. It gets louder, and louder.

Searching around, you and 8 others come upon a dead body.

Nikanor, Miller, Shot Pre-Day 1

Next to him is a girl, screaming and crying.

"They...they killed him..."

"Who did?!" Everyone asks.

"The...the mafia...It...it...it's all over..."

She takes out a knife, and plunges it into her heart.

KittyMo, Lovestruck Vigilante, Committed Suicide Pre-Day 1

Modnote: A Lovestruck role is a one-way Lover, fyi. It's a pretty rare role.

Modnote: the above is a flavor box. Anything stated it in is purely for fluff and fun, and won't give you information that is relevant to the game. Don't use it for outguessing the mod; if I write people into the flavor, I usually randomize who says what. :)

Day 1 has now begun.

Vote Count 0:

[9]
Not Voting
- (ahoda, Exilon, horrordude, kelikar, Kranix, popsofctown, razorback, skerterg)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

"plz don't swear" -- N
ahoda
ahoda
Townie
ahoda
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by ahoda »

Deadline is April 28? Wow, this game may take awhile. lol
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by Exilon »

yahoo, and we're off. Nice flavor text there, by the way xD I just found the ethics thread which I had no idea existed O_o On a side note, this thread was opened on my birthday 8D I am happy.

Ahoda, the deadlines are usually 3 weeks :) games of mafia do take quite the long time before they're finished. Most of the time, though, the deadlines aren't reached. :)

So, is this RVS time?

Vote: horrordude0215

'Cause I'm a scaredy-cat << (plus his avatar kills people.)
kelikar
kelikar
Townie
kelikar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:03 pm

Post by kelikar »

Vote: popsofctown

Conformity is the bomb, man!

(Also, I was worried there would be millers in the game until you gave the flavor disclaimer :lol:)
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

"* 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
* 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies
* 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
* 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies"

These are the four possible setups kelikar. No millers involved. Cop investigations are guaranteed 100% accurate.

Games take 3ish months to complete.

Vote: horrordude0215
for gross avatar.
"Well, I..."
kelikar
kelikar
Townie
kelikar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by kelikar »

popsofctown wrote:"* 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
* 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies
* 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
* 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies"

These are the four possible setups kelikar. No millers involved. Cop investigations are guaranteed 100% accurate..
Yeah, thats why it caught me off guard. >_>

So what is the point of the Mafia Roleblocker when there aren't any power roles on the town's side?
Red Star
Red Star
Goon
Red Star
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by Red Star »

For the lulz.

Also,
Vote: razorback
for no reason at all. :D
I am watching you
├é┬á ▲
▲ ▲
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:07 pm

Post by Exilon »

Kelikar:
So they don't know which setup they're playing in immediately (as it would throw the game off-balance)... For example, if only the first setup was the only setup with a roleblocker, if the scum were to start with a roleblocker, they would know that there were 2 power roles right off the bat. Conversely, if they started with 2 goons, they wouldn't be able to know if there were any power roles, and if so, which one. So, balance purposes, I guess. xD

That's the way I see it, though. I'm probably not the best person to talk about it since my experience on site is limited :) Would popsofctown tell us more about it?

Here's some mafiawiki articles you might want to check as well, in case you like reading: :P

About the C9 Setup - http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=C9
About the F11 (Current) Setup - http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=F11

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”