Newbie 528 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:43 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Vote: Muerrto
for being last to confirm.
I don't know what you know I know.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:15 pm

Post by Alan Redgown »

Lutenit, bandwagoning in the random-voting stage is usually not the most intelligent thing to do.
Xpom Telo wrote:I think that I want to
vote: Alan Redgown.
Any particular reason why, or was that just a random vote?
LutenitPowwel wrote:Zyrconium, you realize that you are starting a reason to bandwagon yourself...
Well, it's not a bandwagon yet; he's the first person to vote for you.
Nemesis wrote:Surely anyone can write Dice roll in bold and put whatever they want in quote tags?
Hehe, good point!

I'm going to
FoS: Lutenit
for bandwagoning and being overly defensive.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:25 pm

Post by Alan Redgown »

Nemesis wrote:I'm guessing the way everyone knows Muerrto was last to confirm was because the mod said so and I missed the updated post?
No, it just took Muerrto a while to confirm. And I check the forums often. You can call that scummy, but I call it having no life. :P
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:09 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Nemesis wrote:lol. No one said that was scummy, guilty conscience?
Last game, one of the scum was on the forums often and laid low. We all found that suspicious. But I guess there's a difference between lurking and being active.
I just meant that whenever I checked the thread I didn't see a list of people who hadn't confirmed or a note saying we were waiting for X or anything like that. So I'm just curious.
Oh. Vel-Rahn Koon bolded each player's name after that person had confirmed.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #4) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:47 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Even if you try to insert random numbers to see what works, this is what you end up with:

Original Roll String: 1d6 (STATIC)
1 6-Sided Dice: (6) = 6

1 6-Sided Dice: (4) = 4

1 6-Sided Dice: (3) = 3

1 6-Sided Dice: (4) = 4

1 6-Sided Dice: (3) = 3

1 6-Sided Dice: (1) = 1

So it's impossible to cheat perfectly. An image could be used, but that would be very obvious.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #5) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:28 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

The die roll function thingy actually added the dark red text "Fixed" to each die roll that I entered my own random numbers for.

I'll
Unvote, vote: LutenitPowwell
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #6) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:07 pm

Post by Alan Redgown »

[quote=JimmyJammas]Alan, did you know it only takes four votes to lynch someone?
If yes, did you know that yours was the third vote?[/quote]
Yes on both accounts.

Ok, so basically, I was just looking for reactions. If someone jumped at the chance to quicklynch and hammered Lutenit, that person would almost definitely be scum. Anyway, I suppose it's too early to be looking for reactions and putting people at L-1, especially in a newbie game, where someone might mistakenly hammer. But right now, I don't think Lutenit seems scummy in the slightest, so I'll just
unvote
. I realize we don't need unnecessary risks at the present time.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #7) » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:34 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Nemesis wrote:Even though he
still
hasn't defended himself? How has he made himself
less scummy
in your eyes?
Well, I meant that in general, he seems more like an uninformed newbie than scum. But I forgot to look at the facts. His actions have been very scummy, but my gut tells me he's not scum. Based on most past games, my gut usually fails. :(

So, I think I've already FoS'd Lutenit. I'll also
FoS: Xpom Telo
for only having one post in which he votes without valid justification. Yes, he voted for me. No, it's not OMGUS.

Happy scumday, Nemesis! :D
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #8) » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:09 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Let me tell you, if Lutenit and I were the scum, I'd be just about ready to give up. That's the second time Lutenit has acted as my shadow, totally agreeing with me and even FoSing the same person I FoS'd. Well, it's my second game as well, so I'm also a newbie.
Muerrto wrote:I understand it's your second game but I'm floored at your posts so far. I refuse to believe you're actually just a newbie playing like this...
I'm going to have to agree with you there. If it was Lutenit's first game, I'd understand. But one game can give you plenty of experience.

So, I'm thinking either Lutenit or Xpom Telo is definitely one scum. I don't know about the other, but it seems too easy for both of them to turn out scum.
LutenitPowwel wrote:Seems very scummy, and you've been lurking Xpom.
Has he been lurking, or just inactive? If he's lurking, that's an important piece of information.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #9) » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:13 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Wow, two other people posted while I was writing that post.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #10) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:43 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Ok, so I had a sudden feeling that perhaps Nemesis is Lutenit's partner in crime. I wrote this summary from an anti-Nemesis viewpoint, attempting to gauge his scumminess.

Nemesis
16. Says Lutenit seems bandwagoney, but that won't merit a vote from him. Questions authenticity of JJ's die roll.
17. Defends Zyrconium because he didn't actually jump on a bandwagon, unlike Lutenit.
19. Says that bandwagoning usually happens in the random-voting stage, says Lutenit was just agreeing with me. Wonders how everyone knows Muerrto was last to confirm.
23. Asks me if I have a guilty conscience, asks Lutenit to clarify how serious his vote was, warns him not to keep attacking people as a defense. Also scolds Lutenit for being irresponsible.
31. "I may as well vote Lutenit..." (This was after a few others had already given reasons to suspect Lutenit.)
37. Tells me L-1 was a little excessive, unvotes Lutenit and FoS's him. Asks me why I don't find Lutenit that scummy, and once again warns Lutenit to defend himself instead of repeatedly attacking people.
47. Tells Lutenit, yet again, to stop attacking people and start defending himself. Says he'd be more likely to link Lutenit to Muerrto than to me. Also says that no one should be considered "too scummy to be scum", and (basically) that I am still a top suspect. Says I'm not nearly as scummy as Lutenit. Seems annoyed at Muerrto for telling people not to put Lutenit at L-1.
53. Says Lutenit is being very cautious all of a sudden. Agrees that we should attempt to find Lutenit's potential scumbuddy today. Requests more posts by inactive players.

Nemesis has often changed the subject, asking about die rolls and why everyone knew Muerrto confirmed last. Some of his posts seem like warnings to Lutenit to shape up his game and defend himself more. Nemesis has not been completely anti-Lutenit until recently. Two posts ago, he came up with some original reasons to suspect Lutenit. Basically, Nemesis could be Lutenit's scumbuddy, as he has not been overly offensive towards him, and has subtly accused other people at times.

This analysis has actually cleared some of my suspicion of Nemesis, and I will proceed to analyze the gameplay of some other players.

Um, could Xpom Telo please be prodded? He's only posted once this entire game.

Xpom has been prodded.

The Rules wrote:Questions/requests for the Mod may be posted in-thread.
Please bold all requests so that I don’t miss them.
Please bold future requests so I don't miss them.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #11) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by Alan Redgown »

Oh, sorry about that.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #12) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:54 pm

Post by Alan Redgown »

Well, my analysis was no good. It was a failed attempt at gaining knowledge. Muerrto, although I found a few reasons to be suspicious of Nemesis, I found more reasons not to be. Anyway, he's still up there on my current suspect list:
1. Lutenit
2. Xpom Telo (No real way to judge, though)
3. Zyrconium
4. Nemesis
5. Muerrto
6. JimmyJammas

I don't know if this list accurately reflects my current opinions. I'm pretty confused at the moment, so I'll let other people do the talking for now. That analysis was probably unnecessary also; you can just ignore it. You know, I have this amazing ability to write lengthy posts without actually saying anything important.

My recent posts have been a gigantic mess. My apologies. I'm playing three games at once, which is probably more than I can handle right now. I shouldn't have taken on so many, I guess. Live and learn. :?
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #13) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:26 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Xpom Telo wrote:Sorry for my delay, I don't have access on weekends.
Nemesis is really bothering me right now, but I'm at work, so I don't have the time at the moment to put my finger on it and come up with good reasons. I'll get to this later today.
No! You were definitely lurking! Die scum! Just kidding. :lol:

You also found something fishy with Nemesis? I'm interested to see your reasoning later.
JimmyJammas wrote:
Nemesis wrote:... And 1 scum down day one is the worst start town can have.
How is one scum down on day one the worst start the town can have? Isn't that the
best
start town can have?
Wait, where did he say
that
?! :? That is definitely the best start town can have.
JimmyJammas wrote:Alternatively, it could be a pretty good scum tactic to target a
townie
and do the same thing. Here's what I'm thinking:
Scum Plan
: Lutenit targets random townie, and mimics his every move.
Town thinks
: that is absurd, they are both scum. Let's vote Lutenit first, because Alan really has done nothing wrong here. But if Lutenit is scum, Alan is almost definitely his partner.
Day 1 Lynch
: Lutenit
Night 1 kill
: some townie
Day 2 Lynch
: since Lutenit flipped mafia, the town decides to lynch Alan (a townie)
Night 2 kill
: some townie
... The start of Day 3 would then have 2 townies and 1 mafia, and the town would be in lynch-or-lose. Not a bad situation from the mafia's point of view.
I have to agree, that's what seems to be happening. But obviously you shouldn't take my word for it; I'm the one this situation is concerning.
JimmyJammas wrote:
Re:Alan's analysis of Nemesis, and then quick retraction:

This struck me as odd. You've basically said "I don't really think he's scum, but I have to put something out there to make it look like I do". This is scum mentality at its finest.
Also, you say
Alan Redgown wrote:Well, my analysis was no good. It was a failed attempt at gaining knowledge.
, but you didn't give it any
time
to gain knowledge. It was up for four hours, in which time only Muerrto and Nemesis posted. Muerrto posted a clarifying question, and Nemesis defended himself. Then you told everyone else to ignore it. Why? If anything, I would have left it up there for other people to comment on. See who comes to his defense, who agrees with you, etc.
Also, your comment
Alan Redgown wrote:I'm pretty confused at the moment, so I'll let other people do the talking for now
seems like a convenient way for you to lurk for a while. Combine this with your quick retraction and these posts seem like a hit-and-run. This isn't sitting well with me.
No, I honestly feel that I didn't put nearly enough time and effort into that analysis. I didn't check it over or anything. I wasn't even thinking logically while writing it. Maybe I'm just a perfectionist, but I think I could do better. Whatever.

Also, I wasn't trying to gain knowledge from other people's responses so much as I was trying to gain knowledge through the process of writing it. I only posted it for any benefits it might give others, but it wasn't really beneficial at all. But that's basically one of my techniques for gathering my thoughts. I might be better off keeping my analyses to myself, or at least doing them later in the game. Last game, I wrote lengthy analyses of the remaining players Day Two, and I truly believe they helped me (and possibly my fellow townies) seek out the remaining scum. (In the end, it was just a matter of applying Occam's Razor.) Part of the reason I wrote those analyses, however, was to get my opinions out in the open as quickly as possible before I died. (In the end, I didn't die.) I'm getting a little off-topic now, but my point is...um...sometimes detailed analyses work, other times they don't. I have a feeling that a single analysis doesn't usually help matters, and I'm too lazy to write five more right now. If I survive until Day Two, I probably will write more analyses.
Muerrto wrote:Bad part of being in multiple games is the mods have different rules. Most mods don't let mafia talk pre-game, gives them a leg up.
Yeah, the mod in my first game didn't require us to post requests in bold. That's why I'm not in the habit of doing it.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #14) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:46 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Nemesis wrote:Bargaining won't help you avoid a lynch... If anyone truely fears your analysis it might get you a NK though. If a bandwagon starts on you and you are truely town then you might want to post analysises if you believe they can help the town that much. (And if you are town and die then a confirmed point of view from a townie can be helpful.)
Well, I seriously doubt I would get NK'd over my analyses. :lol:
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #15) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:13 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Xpom Telo wrote:
Vote : Nemesis

He's done no scumhunting whatsoever; instead, he's just been engaging the conversation about either irrelevant topics or stuff that critiques other people's logic. He's had no contributions or attempts to find scum, which, if I've been reading correctly, means that he's not doing his job.

He has no suspicions, unless I've missed a post of his.
To be blunt, you haven't exactly contributed to the anti-scum effort that much yourself. I know you said you have no weekend Internet access, but even your recent posts haven't been overly rich and meaningful. In fact, I think your only real contribution to discussion was this post. Also, you're voting for Nemesis, while most of us are already planning on Lutenit being scum. Now, it's not up to me to control other people's votes, but I find this unusually scummy. I made some suggestions that Nemesis might be Lutenit's scumbuddy, and now you're voting for Nemesis before Lutenit? It seems kind of like you're going for an easy target, someone who's already been suspected by other people. Of course, if that was what you were doing, I suppose you might go after me instead.

To justify my point that "most of us are already planning on Lutenit being scum", here's the current status of the bandwagon on Nemesis.
Me: FoS'ing Lutenit
JJ: FoS'ing Lutenit
Muerrto: Voting for Lutenit
Nemesis: FoS'ing Lutenit
Xpom Telo: Hasn't voiced any suspicion of Lutenit
Zyrconium: Voting for Lutenit

Would it be too easy for Lutenit and Xpom Telo to both be scum? I'm not sure, but right now it looks like a possibility.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #16) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:24 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

LutenitPowwel wrote:Since my death seems
eminent
, by lynch or by mafia, I may as well vote now

Vote: Alan

For making me look bad (not implying that I'm mafia).

And last I ask this question:

Would I really be that stupid?
If I was mafia I would be much more careful than that.

Anyways, good luck on finding scum :)
Wait, so how did
I
make you look bad? You're the one who voted the same way I voted and FoS'd the same way I FoS'd. I don't know how that's my fault. Also, "by lynch or by mafia". Well, if you're pro-town and you don't die by lynch today, I highly doubt the mafia will go after you. After all, there's a good chance you'd get lynched Day Two.

If we do end up lynching Lutenit, he should claim first.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #17) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:42 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Zyrconium wrote:
Alan wrote: If we do end up lynching Lutenit, he should claim first.
Why? I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but what will we gain from it?
I don't know. An IC in my first game told me that when someone's going to die, that person should claim first, so that the town can avoid killing power roles. I don't know if we'll gain anything from it in this situation, but I wouldn't mind a claim. It wouldn't hurt, right? *shrugs*
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #18) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:56 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

JimmyJammas wrote:In other news, you've [Xpom Telo] guarded yourself the same way Alan and Lutenit did earlier with "if I've been reading correctly" and "unless I've missed a post of his".
Um, I don't recall guarding myself in that manner once. Could you please quote the post in which I did so?
JimmyJammas wrote:
Nemesis wrote: I don't think I've done less scumhunting than everyone else. If you count jumping on a bandwagon and demanding the lynch for someone then I guess I have. But I don't count that as scumhunting.
I was going to ask you to clarify here, but as I was writing this, I think I understood what you were trying to say. The second sentence here refers to Xpom and not yourself, right?
I think what he meant was this:
Nemesis wrote: I don't think I've done less scumhunting than everyone else. If you count jumping on a bandwagon and demanding the lynch for someone then I guess I have
done less scumhunting than everyone else
. But I don't count
jumping on a bandwagon and demanding the lynch for someone
as scumhunting.
Also, yes, happy birthday! :D
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #19) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:08 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Oh, there's one more thing I wanted to comment on.
JimmyJammas wrote:I took offense to you implying that "stuff that critiques other people's logic" is useless though. Critiquing other people's logic is one of the few weapons townies have in this game. You have to question and critique everything everyone says because you know for a fact that two of the other people are trying to deceive you.
This is in reference to:
Xpom Telo wrote:He's done no scumhunting whatsoever; instead, he's just been engaging the conversation about either irrelevant topics or stuff that critiques other people's logic. He's had no contributions or attempts to find scum, which, if I've been reading correctly, means that he's not doing his job.

He has no suspicions, unless I've missed a post of his.
I don't necessarily think Xpom was implying that critiquing other people's logic is useless. It seems like he was saying that
only
critiquing others' logic while adding nothing new is a bad thing. This is just what I think he was saying; I don't agree that Nemesis hasn't contributed anything important to discussion.

And...
Muerrto wrote:Nemesis has been taking the opposite role of an IC that I take but he's doing it textbook. He's sitting back and letting you guys play, watching what you decide and seeing how you come to your conclusions.
Well, I completely understand what you're saying, but even IC's have to play the game to some extent. IC's can still have special roles, and can still be scum. I think it's more the moderator's job to sit back and watch us play (not that the moderator doesn't have an essential role in making the game run smoothly).
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #20) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:46 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

JimmyJammas wrote:
Alan Redgown wrote:Um, I don't recall guarding myself in that manner once. Could you please quote the post in which I did so?
Certainly: I was referring to your post #55 about Nemesis and the quick "ignore it" post #60 afterwards. It has the same "guarding" feel to it. I explain in more detail in post #62.
Oh, I hadn't really thought of that as guarding. You're right, though.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #21) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:52 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

LutenitPowwel wrote:See, what would be nice is that if I do get lynched than people would not blame
me
if I was a townie. Seems like that going to happen.
Well, you're a newbie, so if you are a townie, I don't think people will blame you completely for not fending off accusations effectively enough. And if you're scum, we'll thank you. :P
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #22) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:14 pm

Post by Alan Redgown »

Muerrto wrote:
Xpom Telo wrote:Exactly. You've had more chances to participate and more posts to accumulate throughout this game; I haven't. My attack wasn't for how much scumhunting you've done, necessarily, it's how much scumhunting you've done relative to other participation that you've had in this game.
Ok wait, you're not hypocritical because you've either been lurking or unable to post so haven't done any scum hunting but because he's been able to post and hasn't done ENOUGH scum hunting in your eyes?

Is that about the gist of it?
Well, what I'm thinking now is that Xpom has had
some
chances for scumhunting, and yet he still hasn't done much of it. Now, if he has an absolutely minimal amount of free time/Internet time to play this game, I can somewhat understand the lack of scumhunting. But even going by the scumhunting posts/total posts ratio, only 1/6 of Xpom's posts were scumhunting posts. Now, all of this is thrown off by his inactivity, so it's hard to judge.

I think the bottom line is that Xpom and Nemesis have been almost equally unproductive. :?

Official Vote Count

LutenitPowwel - 2 (Zyrconium, Muerrto)

Nemesis - 1 (Xpom Telo)
Alan Redgown - 1 (LutenitPowwel)

Not Voting - 3 (Alan Redgown, JimmyJammas, Nemesis)

4 to Lynch
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #23) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:35 pm

Post by Alan Redgown »

EBWOP: Actually, I still think that overall, Xpom has been more unproductive.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #24) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:32 pm

Post by Alan Redgown »

LutenitPowwel wrote:Alright.
Since your dying for my claim, heres you go.

I claim that I am a
Townie
Haha, awesome use of the spoiler tags. :laugh:
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #25) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:59 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Nemesis wrote:I'm sure I've said this somewhere else recently but you cannot say that someone who posts 4,000 posts in a game with 5,000 posts is scummy just because 2,000 of his posts are about the weather. The other 2,000 are good and are double the rest of the posts in the game, but his percentages might not be the best. It doesn't mean he has done less scumhunting, because he still has 2,000 good posts.
I have to say I love this example. :lol:
Nemesis wrote:And it is damn stupid. When would a pro town person ever ask to be lynched? Never.
In my last game, I was a townie and was just waiting to be lynched. I asked people to just end my game already, but eventually I didn't get lynched or killed by mafia. Basically, I wanted to be the one to die in case we had a power role who might die instead of me. I also didn't want to remain as a target for lynching the next day, when we would be at lynch-or-lose. I kept asking for this guy to cast the deciding vote on me, but he refused because he found someone else scummier.
Nemesis wrote:Muerrto* - ... his constant "I love scum, I'm good at it, scum might do this, scum might do that" thing is a little odd.
:lol:
Nemesis wrote:Zyrconium - Wow. This guy is playing? I can't remember the last post of his I read. If it wasn't for the first page listing all the players I'd have forgotten he was playing. I have absolutely nothing to go on off the top of my head. Where is this guy?
Haha, good point.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #26) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:54 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

JimmyJammas wrote:If there was a minor FoS, I'd throw it at you.
That would be a Finger of minor Suspicion, FomS.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #27) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:50 pm

Post by Alan Redgown »

JimmyJammas wrote:1) Forgetting to look at the facts is bad.
I know that, of course. I was admitting to my mistake.
JimmyJammas wrote:2) I don't see how you went from "not scummy in the slightest" to "His actions have been very scummy".
Actually, neither do I. My opinions are easily swayed, which is something I need to work on. If scum can easily sway my vote, then I'm in big trouble.
JimmyJammas wrote:3) You're "guarding" again, with this gut thing. "Don't blame it on me, it was my gut. Oh, but don't blame it on my gut either, because it usually fails."
Yeah, I guess I do that a lot.
JimmyJammas wrote:So if Lutenit turns out to be town, Alan can say "See? I told you he was more of a newbie than scum!".
And if Lutenit turns out to be scum, Alan can say "See? I told you his actions have been very scummy!"
None of my reactions will be "I told you so"'s. They'll probably be one of the following: "Awesome! ... *posts suspect list*", "Crap! ... *posts suspect list*", or "*is silent*" (if I somehow die).
JimmyJammas wrote:
FoS (possible scumpair): Alan & Lutenit
, and
FoS: Alan
, because even if Lutenit is not scum, you have twice now put forth an argument, and then as soon as it was questioned, hastily took it back. Why are you trying so hard not to upset us? That's a big scumtell.
Wow, a double FoS? I'm trying not to upset people too much so that I won't die. I'd rather have a scum die than a townie. And Muerrto, I disagree that self-preservation isn't important for townies. I put the town before myself, but as townies, we need to try to lynch scum, rather than get ourselves lynched. So self-preservation is important, at least to some degree.

This was a hurried post, so I might have screwed up some tags or made some spelling/grammar errors. Sorry about that; I have to finish a big history report that's due tomorrow. *sigh*
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #28) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by Alan Redgown »

Oops, yeah, I screwed up the third quote. The second line was supposed to be outside of quote tags.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #29) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:44 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

JimmyJammas wrote:
Alan Redgown wrote:None of my reactions will be "I told you so"'s. They'll probably be one of the following: "Awesome! ... *posts suspect list*", "Crap! ... *posts suspect list*", or "*is silent*" (if I somehow die).
I was thinking more along the lines of, if Lutenit dies, I'm going to be looking back at what everybody said about him.
Let's say he flips town. I'll come to you, and say, "Alan thought Lutenit was very scummy, but he wasn't. Alan might be scum", which you could easily refute by saying, "No, I said he was more newbie than scum". And vice versa if he flips scum.
Ok, I get what you're saying now. Well, I am fairly confident that Lutenit is scum based on his behaviors. I would not say he seems more newbie than scum, as he seems to me like newbie scum. If we lynch Lutenit and he turns up townie, I will still not claim I thought he seemed more newbie than scum, so don't worry about that. I will make the argument, however, that I obviously wasn't the only one who thought Lutenit looked scummy.

In any case, this has been a long day, and it seems to be slowing down. So, Muerrto, almighty IC, may I please have your permission to vote for Lutenit? :roll:
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #30) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:54 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

LutenitPowwel wrote:My personality is more to attack people right? So if he was my scum partner, and he said something misenterprited (GOD SPELLING) I would jump on him like a jump pad in Quake 3 and start giving him barrels of questions and "LOL HES SCUM!" type things.
Assuming you
are
town, do you really think you'd play that badly as scum? Also, it's in you're personality to attack people. I think that's proof you're scum. :lol:

So scummy! Let's put him at lynch -1!
Vo-
Muerrto wrote:Lol he even said please.

However think about this. If Lutenit comes up town where do we look tomorrow when we're in LYLO down 2 townies(assuming the doc doesn't get lucky)?

Even if he comes up scum then we're still down 1 townie(again, doc possible) and 1 scum.

So who's his partner? If he turns up scum we're all kind of inching in your direction as to who his partner is but I'm assuming you disagree. But you haven't really said who you think his partner could be.

Why lynch him when we have no clue where to go on day 2?
Fine, fine. Plus, I'm on Christmas vacation now, so I can actually play the game actively! Yay! :D I'm going to work on some player analyses now, and hopefully they'll be more in-depth now that I have an excess of free time.

Also, Muerrto, that was sarcasm. Your previous post warning everyone not to vote for Lutenit yet seemed a little bit controlling, so I was poking fun at that. I do see what you mean, though. We've already had almost 5 pages of discussion, but still no big theories on who Lutenit's (potential) partner is. I can be quite impatient, and I like to see some action. Just about everyone is posting more now, though.

Oh, I'm going out for dinner now, so I'll write those analyses...when I get around to it. I'll try to do a quality job and, for the most part, avoid bias.

Official Vote Count

LutenitPowwel - 2 (Zyrconium, Muerrto)

Nemesis - 1 (Xpom Telo)
Alan Redgown - 1 (LutenitPowwel)

Not Voting - 3 (Alan Redgown, JimmyJammas, Nemesis)

4 to Lynch
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #31) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:55 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Ok, now we have had 5 full pages of discussion. *sigh*
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #32) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:43 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Nemesis wrote:
I'll try to do a quality job and, for the most part, avoid bias.
Mine had bias... You wrote mine with an "anti Nemesis view".
I know, but I'm trying to write them without bias now. I'll do another one for you, don't worry.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #33) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:14 pm

Post by Alan Redgown »

Sorry that I haven't posted in a while. I've been caught up in other things, like most players seem to have been. I still plan to write those analyses when I have more free time.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #34) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:12 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

LutenitPowwel wrote:KIND of like that if you get the flow of it.
I don't.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #35) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:48 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Gross, metagaming. Well, it's true that my logic isn't always perfect, but I try to get the job done. I apologize that I can't devote all of my time to this game right now, and I'll probably be even busier over the next few days. You can kill me if you want; I probably won't be much help anyway. But I'd say there's a good chance Lutenit is scum. The inexperience part only seems to hurt his case. What lame strategy might a newbie scum try? Just choose one person, and cling to him.

Vote: LutenitPowwel
. If I die today, you should probably kill him tomorrow. I would also advise keeping an eye on both Nemesis and Xpom Telo. I really hope I find time to write my analyses, because it's possible that the outcome of the game could depend on them. But that's just my ego talking.

Official Vote Count

LutenitPowwel - 3 (Zyrconium, Muerrto, Alan Redgown)

Nemesis - 1 (Xpom Telo)
Alan Redgown - 2 (LutenitPowwel, Nemesis)

Not Voting - 1 (JimmyJammas)

4 to Lynch
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #36) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:50 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Xpom, he's at L-1 now.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #37) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:34 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Zyrconium wrote:
Unvote

I dislike Alan's last post. It seems to say that Xpom should vote now. To lynch him.
Actually, I was just answering Xpom's question from post 149:
Xpom Telo wrote:Does everyone think that lynching Lieutenit is a useful idea? Is he even at L-1? Can we get a votecount?
Alan Redgown wrote:Xpom, he's at L-1 now.
And...
Nemesis wrote:And he should be at lynch -2 our orders were very clear on that front.
Nemesis, you do realize that Muerrto isn't really our commander? :roll:
Nemesis wrote:Also, if he believes his write ups could help, Alan should post them before we go to night.
Is that a warning or a threat? :lol:
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #38) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:46 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Well, sometimes it's hard to narrow it down. Right now, my order of suspicion is roughly as follows:

1. LutenitPowwel
2. Nemesis
3. Xpom Telo
4. Zyrconium
5. Muerrto
6. JimmyJammas
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #39) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:45 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

JimmyJammas wrote:
On a personal note...

No one reacted to my post 137 that laid the cases for Lutenit's possible partners-in-crime. Despite the fact that combined with Muerrto's post immediately afterwards, every single person in the game was mentioned as a suspect (except me, I dont suspect myself). I expected some defenses, some "yeah I agree with that case", etc, but haven't gotten anything yet.
Ok, let's take a look.
JimmyJammas wrote:
Muerrto wrote:So who's his partner?
This is a toughy, as there are a few people who are "linked" to Lutenit.

First, and most obvious I suppose, would be Alan. Lutenit copied Alan's first vote and FoS. Lutenit has defended Alan (post #124). Alan voted Lutenit early on (post #32), and then five hours later unvoted and said Lutenit doesn't look scummy in the slightest (post #36).
Many of my thoughts and opinions on a matter, as well as the resulting posts, can be quite spurious. I might think Lutenit is scum in the morning, and later reconsider and find him innocent. I don't always post all the reasoning, but there are methods to my madness. Considering all the possibilities in any given game is important, because focusing on one person and assuming he's scum often has negative side effects. But still, wishy-washy is a supposed scumtell. I guess my problem is I didn't realize that there are various degrees of wishy-washy. Changing your opinions about people and considering the possibilities are good strategies, while constant voting and unvoting can look scummy. Also, my memory isn't the greatest, so making my posts "flow" (restating and expanding upon past ideas) isn't a skill that comes easily to me. Regardless, I try to help the town as best I can.
JimmyJammas wrote:Muerrto - Placed the 2nd vote on Lutenit but then warned everyone else not to put him back at L-1 (post #44).
Here's Muerrto's post 52, in which he defends his warning against putting Lutenit back at L-1.
Muerrto wrote:
Nemesis wrote:You said we were out of the random stage yourself. So at this point voting is supposed to mean something. You undermine your vote by telling people not to put him back at lynch -1. I personally don't think he should be put at lynch -1 either, but I fail to see what the point of your vote is if you are going to demand no one else votes for him.
I wanted him to stay at 2 votes at least. Everyone unvoted at the same time so he was only at one. He's done enough scummy stuff that if this was page 10 I'd say lynch him now. But this is page 3. Even if he is scum we have absolutely nothing to go on tomorrow. And in the off chance he's town we'd be screwed tomorrow. My request not to put him at lynch -1 was a warning, not a demand. It seemed people were a bit vote happy unvoting and voting alot so I thought I'd remind people not to put him at lynch -1 like before. This is a newbie game after all.
So, Muerrto says that at that point in time, we weren't prepared to lynch Lutenit and risk having him turn up town. I see his point, and it's true that the last thing we wanted was a lynch on page 3. Since then, we've had some good discussion. I might not have agreed with Muerrto on this point at first, but I believe his intentions were genuine. If this the only piece of evidence you have against Muerrto, then he's probably town.
JimmyJammas wrote:Nemesis - See the points in Alan's post #55 that have to do with Lutenit.
Well, if you cited my points, then I've probably already made my suspicion of Nemesis clear enough.
JimmyJammas wrote:Xpom Telo - Still is the only one not to vote for or FoS Lutenit. Trying to run distraction by focusing on Nemesis? FoSed by Lutenit (post #40).
Now, I think I myself have pointed this out before (that he's the only one not to voice suspicion of Lutenit), so consider this a self-correction/clarification. If Xpom really doesn't feel that Lutenit is scum, he obviously shouldn't pretend to. We do need unique opinions and perspectives if we're going to win this game. Also, consider this situation:

The mafia has successfully convinced multiple townies that Lutenit is scum. Most people agree, and are basically preparing for a lynch. Suddenly, Xpom returns. He has been away from the game for quite a while, and the scum haven't had a chance to cloud his goggles. He voices suspicion of Nemesis, rather than Lutenit, whom most other people are highly suspicious of. We conclude that, since Xpom's not in agreement with the majority, he's trying to shift attention from Lutenit to Nemesis.

Now, I don't know how likely that situation is, but there's always the possibility that Lutenit isn't scum. If we do lynch Lutenit and he turns up townie, it's been said that we'll have little information to go on. I disagree. All we'd have to do is look for the people who first tried to draw suspicion to Lutenit. Within that group would lie the mafia. Of course, nothing in this game is black-and-white, but that would be the basic idea should that situation come into play.

(More posts to come.)
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #40) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:27 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

JimmyJammas wrote:Now, look at the lynch Alan possibility. "If scum can easily sway my vote, then I'm in big trouble". If scum can easily sway a townie's vote, then the whole town is in big trouble. A townie that can be easily swayed by scum is no better than scum, really. If we're "wrong" about Alan, we're still kind of half "right", because he's as much a liability to the town as a scum is. Alan's "if I'm wrong" scenario is much better than Lutenit's.
When I said "If scum can easily sway my vote, then I'm in big trouble," I didn't mean to imply that scum
will
be able to easily sway my vote. I have more self-confidence than that. Please understand that some of the things I say are overdramatic. And I don't feel that I'm no good to the town, although I'm quite happy
you
seem to feel I'm a liability. Do you feel Lutenit has been contributing more than I have? Personally and honestly, I think I'm a more active player than Lutenit is, and mislynching an active townie is usually worse than mislynching a less active one. So I disagree that my "if I'm wrong" scenario is much better than Lutenit's. (Revisited: Also, am I more easily swayed than Lutenit? Considering the two times he's shadowed me, I think not. :wink:)
JimmyJammas wrote:Two votes on, and Alan panicked. At least that's the way his post 150 read to me, where he put Lutenit back at L-1. With Alan pretty much throwing Lutenit under the bus here, it's seeming less true that Alan and Lutenit are scumbuddies.

And I don't even know what to make of
Alan Redgown wrote:You can kill me if you want; I probably won't be much help anyway.
I panicked, eh? Well, I was going for an attitude of "Whatever, I don't care." For part of yesterday, I was in a very bad mood, but I do want to say that in reality, I care about this game and hope to help win it. The "Just kill me now" flavor was overdramatic, I'll admit. I am glad that I'm looking less like Lutenit's scumbuddy, for if we lynch him and he does turn up scum, I don't want to be lynched tomorrow (although I'd love to be scumkilled! :D).
JimmyJammas wrote:When I first read
, I didn't think much of it to be honest. Zyrc's post 152 is a good one, but I won't add this as incriminating evidence against Alan. Seemed like he was just answering Xpom when I read it.
Oh, I thought you just said that you didn't think my post was honest, which confused me. I just realized your true meaning, which was that you didn't think the post was a big deal. That makes more sense. Anyway, I don't see how Zyrconium's post was a good one; he basically jumped to conclusions and scolded me for disobeying Muerrto's orders. The post was logical enough though, assuming that point of view.

JimmyJammas wrote:
Muerrto wrote:Lol naw it's just I have the info I was looking for. I know who to suspect whether Lutenit comes up scum or not.
I have a good idea who you're talking about here, but if you die tonight, I'd like to to know who you suspected.
Well, it's not too blatantly obvious who he's talking about, is it? :lol:
JimmyJammas wrote: I liked your [Zyrconium's] post 161. The Alan / Muerrto scumpair is definitely an interesting one. When you look at both times Alan has made a list of suspects (posts 60 and 163), Muerrto has been at the bottom (but not very bottom) both times.
You know what else is interesting? You're at the bottom (yes, the very bottom) of both my lists. That must mean we're scumbuddies! :roll:

Sarcasm aside, I do see your point. If I were scum, and had planned very carefully, I probably wouldn't have put my scumbuddy at the very bottom of the list; it's possible I would have put him as second-to-last. That gets into WIFOM, though.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (isolation #41) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:42 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

I'll make one final observation for now. JimmyJammas referred to the two suspect lists I've created during two different points in the game thus far, contained within posts 60 and 163. I took another look at my previous list, and compared it with my current list:
1. Lutenit
2. Xpom Telo (No real way to judge, though)
3. Zyrconium
4. Nemesis
5. Muerrto
6. JimmyJammas

1. LutenitPowwel
2. Nemesis
3. Xpom Telo
4. Zyrconium
5. Muerrto
6. JimmyJammas

I find it interesting that the only change that occurred between these two lists was that I bumped Nemesis from #4 to #2 most suspicious (which affected Xpom and Zyrconium's rankings). I didn't look back to the old list while making my new list, so this was unintentional. Unfortunately, the only thing that can be inferred from this comparison is that my opinions haven't changed much in 103 posts. Still, it is apparent that my opinions don't waver as much I've previously suggested they do.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #42) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by Alan Redgown »

I wasn't trying to prove that I'm not easily swayed. That was my own conclusion; you don't have to agree with it, but I'm not going to try to prove it for you.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #43) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by Alan Redgown »

EBWOP: Also, your paraphrasing was hilarious. :laugh:
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #44) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by Alan Redgown »

Random unimportant short post: Actually, I probably deserve the /slap more. If I wanted to help protect the power roles, I should have acted more like a power role in an attempt to get myself scumkilled.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #45) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:03 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Nemesis wrote:Well, JJ has gone from near bottom on most people's list of possible scum to the middle or higher, and I see why, but I'm not that sure he's scum. In retrospect he is trying to argue for both sides a little, but that isn't enough for me to be anywhere near sure.

If I had to say who I thought Alan's partner was right now I'd have to have a think about it. Some people have stayed quite a bit away from the Alan thing, so it's hard to gauge those people right now.

JJ didn't defend Alan as much as first thought though. Did Alan actually answer JJ's question about why he changed his mind about Lutenit? (The question that caused some of the JJ is scum opinions.)
Well, you probably won't be surprised to hear that JJ's still at the bottom of my list.

I hope you guys will get as much information as you say you will out of my lynch, as it seems most people are leaning towards lynching me instead of Lutenit. I wish I could post those analyses, but I have a lot of schoolwork to do today and tomorrow, and I don't have hours to spend on this game right now. Plus, I was hoping to postpone the analyses until Day Two, so that I'd only have to do four instead of six. But I've been pressured into doing them today, so I really won't be able to do them at all if I'm lynched today or tomorrow. If you do decide to lynch me, I wish you all the best at luck in LYLO.

As much information as you'll get from my death, I think you'll still get more from my survival. What would be ideal is to be investigated tonight and possibly also scumkilled. If I was scumkilled, the investigation would be a waste, but at least I'd be dead. There are worse things than a wasted investigation.

Well, last game I was kind of a power player, and i
n my other game right now I am also a power player
(Head's up: Please don't reference ongoing games, just in case - Mod)
. But in this game, I need to be a team player. If you guys want to kill me, find. If you don't want to kill me, fine. The best thing to do would be to prolong Day One for just a few days, but I can understand people wanting to finish this day already.

Oh, right. If you mislynch me today, who will you lynch tomorrow? I would think Lutenit or Nemesis would be the best lynch, but I'm not completely sure. Well, as long as the cop does his job and investigates someone suspicious, we'll still have a chance.

Official Vote Count

LutenitPowwel - 1 (Alan Redgown)
Nemesis - 1 (Xpom Telo)

Not Voting - 3 (JimmyJammas, Muerrto, Zyrconium)

4 to Lynch
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #46) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:34 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Muerrto wrote:I don't like the appeal to emotion. It didn't sound sincere. My vote's leaning towards you. Give me a reason for it not to.
Are you saying you do want me to appeal to emotion, but to make it sound sincere? :?

I'm not asking that you don't lynch me eventually, but I don't have time to write up six detailed analyses today. I have a Science Fair project to finish this weekend. Actually, I don't have time to give you more valid reasons not to lynch me, because that involves going back through the thread and finding more things to comment on. Basically, I've just tried to help the town as much as I could, and whether I die or survive, I hope I've contributed to the cause.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #47) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:13 pm

Post by Alan Redgown »

Nemesis wrote:
Alan Redgown wrote:What would be ideal is to be investigated tonight and possibly also scumkilled. If I was scumkilled, the investigation would be a waste, but at least I'd be dead. There are worse things than a wasted investigation.
The wording of this is so very very strange. I don't like this at all. There is so much wrong with it, I don't know where to start.
Well, find a place and start. What's wrong with it?
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #48) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:54 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Nemesis wrote:If you are a vanilla townie then I guess the scumkilled comment isn't too bad. But the investigated and killed in the same night is a stupid thing to ask for. Guiding the cop is also not a great thing to do. "But at least I'd be dead." What is that supposed to mean? I could take it as "at least the scum won't kill a power-role", but the way it is worded makes it sound so very scummy to me.

There's a lot wrong with it, and considering it is two lines, it screams scum to me.
My point was that if the cop is going to investigate me, I'll probably be scumkilled also. But that's what you're saying about guiding the cop. Yes, I meant that if I die, I might have saved a power role.

I probably just shouldn't have made that post, as it was pretty pointless.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #49) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:57 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Alan Redgown wrote:
(Head's up: Please don't reference ongoing games, just in case - Mod)
Oh, right. Sorry about that.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #50) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:50 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

JimmyJammas wrote:But Alan, if you really are vanilla town, why would you agree with my claim? I posted earlier that you would love it. Sure it would get you off of people's scumdar, that's great. But if you really wanted to protect the power roles, wouldn't you act like one of them to make yourself a bigger target for the nightkill? The first step towards that is disputing the vanilla claim, right?
I've already mentioned this:
Alan Redgown wrote:Random unimportant short post: Actually, I probably deserve the /slap more. If I wanted to help protect the power roles, I should have acted more like a power role in an attempt to get myself scumkilled.
Anyway, at this point, I'm not going to suddenly start acting like a power role, because nobody would buy it.
Muerrto wrote:Alan, do you LIKE JJ being so sure you're town? Obviously you know whether you're town or not but do you like him being so buddy buddy to you? If you're town then you don't know whether he's scum so why wouldn't that bother you a lot more than it is?
JJ seems very town to me, and I know my own status. If he were scum, I think he'd be a little more aggressive towards me. Now, JJ doesn't know my status, but I'm the only one who knows whether he's right or wrong in his deductions (even the scum don't know if I'm a power role). Of course no one (except scum) can be 100% sure of others' roles right now, but if JJ believes I'm a vanilla townie, I'm glad he believes that. Yes, it's true that I would be just as glad as a power role or scum, but it's good if at least one other townie believes I'm a townie. We townies have to stick together, at least to some extent.
Muerrto wrote:But I'm now almost 100% convinced you're both the scum pair.
Don't be.

Also, for the most part, Muerrto has seemed town to me. I can't exactly tell, but if he is the one who turned the vote in my direction, I suppose there is a fair chance he's scum (if I die today or tonight, please consider this possibility). Still, as scum, would he say he's almost 100% sure anyone is scum? I'm not so sure.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (isolation #51) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:46 pm

Post by Alan Redgown »

Nemesis wrote:Then why the excessive nicknaming, constantly refering to Alan as "Vanilla Alan", etc?
I am...VANILLA ALAN! :lol:
JimmyJammas wrote:To clarify: "Vanilla Alan" is the shorthand I've given to the theory that Alan is a vanilla townie.
So I guess I'm not Vanilla Alan; Vanilla Alan is a theory. Aww, I wanted to be Vanilla Alan! :cry:
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #52) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by Alan Redgown »

I must apologize once again for the lack of analyses. At first I thought they'd be a good idea, and I just wrote a hefty paragraph summarizing JJ's game so far. But when I finally got to page 5, I realized that I was stating the obvious and not figuring out anything new. I don't know what happened, but I'm not going to waste time writing 6 full-length summaries.

To be honest, I don't know why my analytical summaries seemed more helpful last game. Here are some of the possible reasons:
1. I'm not putting enough effort into it.
2. We're still in Day One, and there isn't much to report, as nothing has really happened yet.
3. We have almost 10 whole pages full of Day One. I guess that leads to lengthy, useless analytical summaries.
4. I've forgotten how to write useful analytical summaries (this was my initial thought). Maybe I used the "View Posts by Player X" function before, but when using that, you can't see the posts in context.
5. There are six other players still alive, which sometimes leads to multiple conversations at once. As a result, it can be hard to track the gameplay history of a single player.

Anyway, I won't be posting any analytical summaries today. I probably will tomorrow if I'm still alive, but I'm not sure they will even be of much help, so you shouldn't have any regret if I die (other than that you're down a townie).

That said, I will post my thoughts on each player.

JimmyJammas-
Although he was not very active at the beginning of the game, he now seems to be strongly focused on scumhunting. Many of his posts have been purely analytical and completely logical. JJ has done some good sleuthing, and overall, he seems very pro-town. He also seems convinced that I'm a vanilla townie, but that falls into the "good sleuthing" category. If JJ is scum, he's done an extremely good job of acting pro-town (although the gorilla avatar does make him look more innocent :lol:).

LutenitPowwel-
Well, he shadowed my first vote and my first FoS, with nearly identical reasoning. He proceeded to say that we just have the same opinions, and basically that I inspired him. He voted for me and asked us whether scum would be so obvious, which is WIFOM. He said he hopes people won't blame him for acting scummy, and claimed townie. Next, Lutenit said that if he were scum, I wouldn't be his partner. Finally, Lutenit voiced suspicion of Nemesis, saying that he's mostly been attacking people all game.

(That was a full summary of Lutenit's posts. He only has 18 posts so far. After writing that, I have to agree with Nemesis that Lutenit's post accusing Nemesis was his best post all game. He used actual logic to suggest that someone was scum.)

Yeah, so, basically, I still think Lutenit is newbie scum. He has only made one or two useful posts all game, and most of his posts have contained logical fallacies.

Muerrto-
At the start of the game, Muerrto did not seem very intent on scumhunting. He was focusing more on teaching new players about the game. That makes sense for an IC. Since then, he has become more involved in discussion, arguments, and scumhunting. I have believed Muerrto is a townie for a while, and my opinion of him is influenced the most by two events:
1. He seemed very controlling after I put Lutenit at L-1 for the second time (???). He asked for someone to remove a Lutenit vote and ordered people not to put Lutenit at L-1 a third time. Muerrto claims that he intended to lengthen the day, and I am now glad he did. Although this originally seemed like an attempt to protect Lutenit, I now see this was actually a good move.
2. Muerrto mistakenly commented that the scum couldn't talk before the game. Although he said that he can be quite crafty and could have faked the error, I still believe it was an honest mistake.
As Nemesis said earlier, Muerrto's ability to guide the town can be quite scary. If Muerrto is mafia, then his partner is probably someone who has followed his lead (at some point, not necessarily right away). But all things considered, I doubt Muerrto is scum.

Nemesis-
This was Nemesis's first game in six months, which explains why he wasn't acting fully like an IC for the first part of the game. His general play has been very offensive, but still logical. I think it's safe to say there's some degree of OMGUS between us, especially since I wrote an analysis of him with an "anti-Nemesis" viewpoint. (I will never write an analysis coated with bias again, that's for sure. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but...in truth, it was an absolutely horrible idea.)

Some things I don't like about Nemesis's play so far:
* Metagaming. He looked into Lutenit's other games and made judgments based on Lutenit's play in those games. That's usually not a good tactic to employ.
* He completely misinterpreted my informing Xpom of the current status of Lutenit's bandwagon. He wasn't the only one to misinterpret this, but it seems like he tried to use it against me.
[TIME LAPSE OF MANY HOURS]

If I had any more things I didn't like about Nemesis's play in mind earlier, I don't remember them now. Oh well. Anyway, there's definitely a fair chance that Nemesis is scum, but right now I don't think he is.

Xpom Telo-
Although he has become somewhat more active, he still retains the lowest post count in the game, at a meager 10 posts. He mega-lurked for a good part of the game, only voting for me randomly. When he finally starting posting semi-regularly, he went after Nemesis, who he said hadn't been doing much scumhunting. He said he could lynch Lutenit to end the day, and asked for a vote count, to which I replied:
He also said that critiquing others' logic doesn't really help the town. In his last post, Xpom said he's leaning towards Lutenit and Nemesis, and sees no reason to change that. Although Xpom has definitely lurked a lot throughout the game, the posts that he has made don't seem scummy. I do believe that more posts from him will help gauge his scumminess, but right now he seems fairly pro-town to me. Also, if he was scum, I believe he would be going after me, especially since it wouldn't seem out of place. Plenty of other people suspect me, so I wouldn't be that hard to kill. Well, I'm the only one who can judge that, since I'm the only player who knows my own status.

Zyrconium-
I feel that Zyrconium is among those who have done the least scumhunting, but he also has the second-lowest post count. Mostly, Zyrconium seems like a newbie who has been getting used to the game. He does seem very indecisive, however. He currently has FoS's on everyone but Xpom. To be honest, I really can't tell if Zyrconium is pro-town or scum.

To summarize my opinions:
JimmyJammas- Pro-Town
LutenitPowwel- Anti-Town
Muerrto- Pro-Town
Nemesis- Dunno
Xpom Telo- Pro-Town
Zyrconium- Dunno

Six posts since I started this post. Let's see...
Muerrto wrote:So again, no bucket, no pattern, just metagaming and some bad logic to try to prove something that can't be proven till roles are revealed.
Hehe, I just realized I'm a hypocrite for metagaming myself while scolding Nemesis for metagaming. :oops:
Nemesis wrote:Thanks for answering my question.
Well, you only had to ask him twice, in bold. :roll:
Nemesis wrote:
I hope
you
all do good in scum-hunting.
(Emphasis mine.)

Freudian slip or declaration that you won't be doing any scum-hunting?
I think it's the latter. He hasn't done much (read: any) scum-hunting so far, and I don't think that's likely to change.
Muerrto wrote:Wow. I really dislike this [Lutenit's] post. Of course it's a game. But if you go out to play football and your quarterback says 'Hike!' and you stand there, you're not gonna get a touchdown. Moral of the story, it may be a game but if you don't participate then what the hell's the point?
Another great analogy. :lol:
Zyrconium wrote:Lutenit, your origional reasoning was this:
LutenitPowwel wrote:
Vote: Alan

For making me look bad (not implying that I'm mafia).
Has your reasoning changed? If so, what to?
Oh, right. That was the other important question, which Lutenit still hasn't answered. :roll:
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (isolation #53) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by Alan Redgown »

Oops, I should have proofread that post more before posting it. In this sentence:
Alan Redgown wrote:1. He seemed very controlling after I put Lutenit at L-1 for the second time (???).
I put the question marks there to remind myself to check on whether it was the second time I had put Lutenit at L-1. I planned to take them out afterwards.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (isolation #54) » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:47 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Nemesis wrote:If you are scum we have a fun game of guess if the scum confirmed real innocents, and I've always quite liked that game.
Yes, I love that game too. :lol:

And looking back on my vote for Lutenit right after Xpom asked how many votes Lutenit had, I realize that it does look scummier than I originally thought. I can't remember exactly how it happened, but I wouldn't have made a second post if I had seen Xpom's post before finishing mine. (I would have edited my post.) Regardless, I'm happy with my vote on Lutenit, as he seems like the scummiest person in the game right now.

It's also true that one of my main strategies is to post tons of my thoughts and opinions, then get killed. Once people know my status, they know that nothing I said was based on ulterior motives. Plus, people like JJ and Xpom, who may be suspected now for not hopping on the bandwagon to lynch me, will actually be cleared of some amount of suspicion once (to the reader: if) my townie status is revealed. I'd obviously rather get scumkilled than lynched, so if I survive today, please kill me, scum! ;)

I find it ironic that the two people currently voting for me, Lutenit and Nemesis, are the two that are highest on my suspect list right now. This is what I'm feeling now:

1. LutenitPowwel
2. Nemesis
3. Muerrto
4. Zyrconium
5. Xpom Telo
6. JimmyJammas

Apparently, Muerrto and Xpom Telo have switched places. Three posts previously, I labeled Muerrto as "pro-town" and Zyrconium as "dunno", meaning I couldn't really tell. By that list, Zyrconium would be higher up than Muerrto. However, the possibility of Muerrto being scum still seems higher than the possibility of Zyrconium being scum. I guess Muerrto and Zyrconium's ranks on my list are about the same.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #55) » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:29 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Nemesis wrote:
Alan Redgown wrote: but I wouldn't have made a second post if I had seen Xpom's post before finishing mine. (I would have edited my post.)
Unless you were scum planning on using this arguement if you got called on it.
Good point.
Nemesis wrote:
1. LutenitPowwel
2. Nemesis
3. Muerrto
4. Zyrconium
How did this happen? Muerrto was "pro-town" and Zyrc was "dunno" a second ago...

I know you explain this at the end of your post and notice your inconsistancy... But how did this happen?

Is Zyrc now "pro-town" although with no apparent reason for the change or is Muerrto now "dunno" with no reason for the change?

I can see you tried to explain it, but either I'm tired and can't understand or I just don't see what changed.
I guess Muerrto is dunno, with no reason for the change.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #56) » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by Alan Redgown »

Muerrto wrote:
Alan Redgown wrote:
JimmyJammas-
Although he was not very active at the beginning of the game, he now seems to be strongly focused on scumhunting. Many of his posts have been purely analytical and completely logical. JJ has done some good sleuthing, and overall, he seems very pro-town. He also seems convinced that I'm a vanilla townie, but that falls into the "good sleuthing" category. If JJ is scum, he's done an extremely good job of acting pro-town (although the gorilla avatar does make him look more innocent :lol:).
I want you to re-read the thread Alan, cut out everything JJ said about you being town etc OR pretend you're another player besides yourself. Is JJ still town? That's what you're looking for. Just because you know your role doesn't mean he should. He shouldn't unless he's scum.
Pretending I'm a different player, of course he's scum. He seems way too convinced Alan is a vanilla townie.

Ok, I guess you do have a good point. So, are you saying JJ's scum trying to act buddy-buddy with me so that if he gets lynched, I'll be next? I don't think that's true; few people even thought he was suspicious until he started acting convinced that I'm a vanilla townie. Why would he suddenly do something like that to attract suspicion? Sure, it might get me lynched, but a lot of people were already planning to lynch me. I guess the only potential reason is so that after I die as a townie, he won't look scummy.

Sorry Muerrto, but I still believe JJ's pro-town.

Official Vote Count

LutenitPowwel - 1 (Alan Redgown)
Nemesis - 1 (Xpom Telo)

Not Voting - 3 (JimmyJammas, Muerrto, Zyrconium)

4 to Lynch
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #57) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:36 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Nemesis wrote:
Pretending I'm a different player, of course he's scum. He seems way too convinced Alan is a vanilla townie.
If the above is true...
Sorry Muerrto, but I still believe JJ's pro-town.
How can that be?
I think it's safe to say there's some degree of OMGUS between us,
The above is taken from your analysis of me. While I don't hold grudges and therefore never go for OMGUS, you apparently do. If we can look at your list again:
1. LutenitPowwel
2. Nemesis
3. Muerrto
4. Zyrconium
5. Xpom Telo
6. JimmyJammas
Do you see the common denominator?

1: Lutenit - Actually acted fairly scummy... But made you look a bit scummy and also is voting for you and has been for a long time. (This player is not helping you and is accusing you.)

2: Nemesis - Thinks you are suspicious, hasn't helped you and is accusing you. And is currently voting for you.

3: Muerrto - Not accusing you as much as the top 2, but still accusing you quite a bit, doesn't agree with your feelings towards JJ and thinks you are scum.

4: Zyrconium - Disagreed with your views towards JJ, thinks you are fairly scummy.

5: Xpom - Thinks Lutenit and Nemesis are scummy. Doesn't really think you are scummy enough to be lynched.

6: JJ - Has been arguing you are town and found the "proof" to back up his claims. He is your #1 fan.

What do you notice? Is it possible that your feelings towards players is affecting your judgement a little?
Yes, I realized this yesterday. If I'm not making valid judgments, then I guess I don't have much worth to the town. You can lynch me now. :wink:
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #58) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:38 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

EBWOP: You also say that you never go for OMGUS. Of course you don't consciously, but I feel that subconsciously, OMGUS affects everyone to a certain extent. It definitely affects some people more than others.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (isolation #59) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:32 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Well, townies should try to determine who their fellow townies are, so when you get down to two townies and one scum, you have some idea of whom to lynch.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #60) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:50 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Muerrto wrote:Frankly it makes you both look even more like a scum pair.
Alan Redgown wrote:You can lynch me now. :wink:
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #61) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by Alan Redgown »

Muerrto wrote:
Alan Redgown wrote:
Muerrto wrote:Frankly it makes you both look even more like a scum pair.
Alan Redgown wrote:You can lynch me now. :wink:
Sigh, how come every game has a quitter? :shock:

This isn't just aimed at you, Lutenit gave up earlier too and seems to still be giving up.

This is mafia. This is what this game is and always will be. If you don't enjoy being accused, mafia might not suit you.

Don't take things personally, don't throw in the towel. If you're town you're not helping the town by doing it and if you're scum you're hanging your partner out to dry.
I love the game of mafia, so please don't imply that I don't. I do
not
love this particular game, because, like I stated before, we've had a full 10 pages of Day One. I'm not exactly throwing in the towel; I'm saying lynch me if you want. I've contributed just about all I'm going to for today.

Also, you say that this is what the game is and always will be. This is unlike any game of mafia I've played in real life or on my other forum. In many non-Mafia Scum games of mafia, people don't analyze every minute detail of every game. That's not to say that I don't love Mafia Scum, either. It's just that I basically want to get this day over with. Not because I'm scum, but because I'm bored.

I'd even go so far as to say that LYLO would be more fun than this.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (isolation #62) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:30 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

JimmyJammas wrote:
Alan Redgown wrote:I would have edited my post.
You ... can't ... edit ... posts ... ?
I mean I would have changed it after I saw Xpom's post in the "Topic Review" below the message box.
JimmyJammas wrote:
Alan Redgown wrote:I used the "View Posts by Player X" function before
How do you do this?
I was referring to the "Display posts from previous:" function at the bottom of the screen. You just select a player to see all of that player's posts in the thread.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (isolation #63) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:20 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Sure, I'm a vanilla townie.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (isolation #64) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:50 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

I still can't believe you find me scummier than Lutenit, but you're set to lynch me now, so just go ahead.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (isolation #65) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:30 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Zyrconium wrote:Personally I'd prefer a Luttenit lynch today
You know what? So would I. :lol:
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (isolation #66) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:42 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Alan Redgown wrote:I do
not
love this particular game, because, like I stated before, we've had a full 10 pages of Day One. I'm not exactly throwing in the towel; I'm saying lynch me if you want. I've contributed just about all I'm going to for today.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (isolation #67) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:05 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Well, what's done is done. Good luck tomorrow, everyone!
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #68) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:44 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Mod, can you please prod yourself?
:lol:
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (isolation #69) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:35 pm

Post by Alan Redgown »

As soon as Xtoxm voted, it was obvious we were screwed. :( Of course it's not
completely
his fault we lost. :roll:

Well, I've learned a few valuable lessons from this game. If I weren't posting this from my Wii, I'd elaborate. :lol:
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (isolation #70) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by Alan Redgown »

Muerrto wrote:JJ/Nemesis worked excellently as a team. Scum deserved this game.
Agreed. Good game, everyone! :)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”