Newbie 528 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Newbie 528 - Game Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:26 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

You awaken to the hustle and bustle of your home town’s daily activity. Little did you know that the peaceful quiet of your normal, everyday life would come crashing down today. It seems that one of your fellow citizens has angered the Mob, and has paid for it with his life! What are you going to do? Why, you’re going to get your peaceful, little town back, that’s what…

Your job, fair citizens of the town’s Ruling Council, is to discover who among you belong to the Mafia and summarily lynch them. Two of your fellow Council members are working for the Mafia - find them before they take over the Council and the town!

Living Players (4)

JimmyJammas

Nemesis*

Xpom Telo

Xtoxm
(replaces LutenitPowwel)

indicates IC player

Dead Players (3)

Alan Redgown
Townie
, Lynched Day 1
Zyrconium
Cop
, Killed Night 1
Muerrto*
Townie
, Lynched Day 1

Scum Team (
JimmyJammas, Nemesis
) Wins!
Last edited by Vel-Rahn Koon on Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:06 am, edited 11 times in total.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:30 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Game Rules:

Gameplay:
  1. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.
  2. You may not post Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind.
  3. Mafia games typically start with night. However, in order for all players to play at least one game day, this game will start with Day. Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:
  1. A simple majority of all living members must agree on one person for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down).
  2. Once you have reached a simple majority, no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.
  3. Please submit votes as:
    Vote: PlayerName
    . Votes will NOT be counted otherwise!
  4. Please submit vote revocations as:
    UnVote: PlayerName
    . If you do not unvote, your new vote will NOT be counted!
  5. You may
    Vote: No Lynch
    - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a Lynch.
  6. Deadlines may be implemented if I feel that discussion is lagging. At deadline, ½ the original number of votes will be required for a lynch to occur. If this number is not met, a No Lynch will occur.
  7. Once a player is lynched, the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; the lynched player may not post during twilight but all other living players may.
  8. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post, except for a brief “Bah!”-type post.
Miscellaneous:
  1. If you have a night role, your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline, no choice will be made.
  2. Players with roles allowing communication may only communicate outside the thread at night.
  3. Red
    or
    Dark Red
    text is reserved for me. No invisible/small text is allowed.
  4. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM me privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
  5. Questions/requests for the Mod may be posted in-thread.
    Please bold all requests so that I don’t miss them.

6. Terminology and answers to common questions can usually be found by a perusal of the
    Mafiascum.net Wiki
    . If you can't find the answer to a question, feel free to ask!
  7. Prods of missing players will be issued upon request or as I see fit. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
  8. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread.
    Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game, and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:30 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

All Newbie games follow an Open game setup. An Open game is one in which the Moderator tells the players the number and types of each role present before the game begins. The role PMs are usually supplied as well.

The Pie_E7 setup is a relatively new format used in Newbie games, and employs the following standard roles from the game of Mafia:
  • 1 Mafia Goon
  • 1 Mafia Roleblocker
  • 1 Sane Cop
  • 1 Sane Doctor
  • 3 Townies
These are the Role PMs that have been sent to the players:

Mafia-Aligned players:

Mod wrote:
Mafia Goon:

You are a member of the Mafia along with your partner,
name
. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.
  • During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
  • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via PM) and choose another player in the town to kill that night.
  • You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
  • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:
Mafia Roleblocker:

You are a member of the Mafia along with your partner,
name
. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.
  • During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
  • As a Roleblocker, you have the ability to distract any player throughout the night, effectively negating their night ability, if they have one.
  • Send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to block. If they have a Night action, it will have no effect. You will not be informed as to whether your roleblock worked or not.
  • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via PM) and choose another player in the town to kill that night.
  • You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
  • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.

Town-Aligned players:

Mod wrote:
Townie:

You are a normal townsperson, trying to make a living and survive this insanity.
  • You have no abilities at Night other than getting a good night's rest.
  • Although you do not have any special abilities, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage!
  • At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:
Cop:

You are the local law enforcement, and can tell the good guys from the bad.
  • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate.
  • The Moderator will inform you as to that person’s guilt or innocence.
  • In a Newbie game, you will always get a correct result (no sanity issues).
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:
Doctor:

You are the local physician, and can protect people from harm.
  • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to protect.
  • If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared.
  • You may not protect yourself.
  • In a Newbie game, your protection target will always live through the night.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:19 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

All players have confirmed their roles. Game on!

JimmyJammas
JimmyJammas
Goon
JimmyJammas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:19 am

Post by JimmyJammas »

yay!

Original Roll String: 1d6
1 6-Sided Dice: (2) = 2
Never insult seven men with a six-shooter.
JimmyJammas
JimmyJammas
Goon
JimmyJammas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:19 am

Post by JimmyJammas »

Vote: Zyrconium
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:05 am

Post by Muerrto »

Vote: JJ

because those random dice roll quotes are annoying and because he double posted :lol:
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
JimmyJammas
JimmyJammas
Goon
JimmyJammas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:12 am

Post by JimmyJammas »

haha yeah, it's dumb that you can't see the result of the dice roll until you submit it (preview might give you a different answer).

So you have to submit it, look at the result, then post again.

Preview will in fact tell you what the result is, but when you submit your post, the result will change. Therefore you have to do it the way you did, JJ
JimmyJammas
JimmyJammas
Goon
JimmyJammas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:14 am

Post by JimmyJammas »

Mod: who are our ICs?

Muerrto and Nemesis are your ICs. I have edited the initial post to reflect this information.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:19 am

Post by Muerrto »

I'm one
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:43 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Vote: Muerrto
for being last to confirm.
I don't know what you know I know.
LutenitPowwel
LutenitPowwel
Townie
LutenitPowwel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:21 am

Post by LutenitPowwel »

Vote:Muerrto

Gotta confirm quick.
I wish, I wish, I wish I had a signature.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:28 am

Post by Muerrto »

Um...did you just place a second vote on me randomly immediately after the last person for the exact same reason?

And I don't have internet at home at the moment so since I'm off tuesday and wednesday, don't ever expect a post on those days.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Xpom Telo
Xpom Telo
Townie
Xpom Telo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by Xpom Telo »

I think that I want to
vote: Alan Redgown.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

Xpom.
Zyrconium
Zyrconium
Goon
Zyrconium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by Zyrconium »

Vote: LutenitPowell

First person to seem bandwagoney (like he's trying to find one to jump on.)
LutenitPowwel
LutenitPowwel
Townie
LutenitPowwel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:56 pm

Post by LutenitPowwel »

Zyrconium, you realize that you are starting a reason to bandwagon yourself...
I wish, I wish, I wish I had a signature.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:00 pm

Post by Nemesis »

Muerrto and Nemesis are your ICs.
I am? Heh, I havn't played a game in over 6 months but ok.

LutenitPowwel does seem "bandwagoney" but I can't say that would merit a vote from me... And voting for him would make me equally "bandwagoney"... I like that word.

I've always wondered, why to people always trust dice rolls to be true?

Surely anyone can write Dice roll in bold and put whatever they want in quote tags?
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:01 pm

Post by Nemesis »

Zyrconium, you realize that you are starting a reason to bandwagon yourself...
But he didn't join one. Everyone starts a bandwagon with a random vote, it's just you jumped on one.
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:15 pm

Post by Alan Redgown »

Lutenit, bandwagoning in the random-voting stage is usually not the most intelligent thing to do.
Xpom Telo wrote:I think that I want to
vote: Alan Redgown.
Any particular reason why, or was that just a random vote?
LutenitPowwel wrote:Zyrconium, you realize that you are starting a reason to bandwagon yourself...
Well, it's not a bandwagon yet; he's the first person to vote for you.
Nemesis wrote:Surely anyone can write Dice roll in bold and put whatever they want in quote tags?
Hehe, good point!

I'm going to
FoS: Lutenit
for bandwagoning and being overly defensive.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:46 pm

Post by Nemesis »

Lutenit, bandwagoning in the random-voting stage is usually not the most intelligent thing to do.
It usually happens though. Recently I've read quite a few 4 page newbie games. It is scary how people see a wagon growing and lynch people without any reason at all sometimes.

The thing is, you gave a reason and voted then he gave the same reason and voted, so he's agreeing with you. If you don't expect anyone to agree with you, why vote page 1?

This is why I dislike random voting. (Although you had a reason that has been used to semi-random vote before, so I'm not sure to interpret the 2 vote bandwagon as random or semi-serious as you gave a reason for your vote but just said it was the random voting stage, (which it is), so I'm not sure whether you both consider your votes random or what.)

I'm guessing the way everyone knows Muerrto was last to confirm was because the mod said so and I missed the updated post?
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:09 pm

Post by Muerrto »

What I didn't like was that Alan's reason was obviously silly/random/whatever you wanna call it and Lutenit followed up voting the same person with the same reason. That kind of eliminates the 'random' part. Then again he's a very, very new player by his join date so I'll let it slide for now.

Then again attacking Zryc instead of answering my questions and defending himself will get him a

FoS: Lutenit

pending a better explanation...
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:25 pm

Post by Alan Redgown »

Nemesis wrote:I'm guessing the way everyone knows Muerrto was last to confirm was because the mod said so and I missed the updated post?
No, it just took Muerrto a while to confirm. And I check the forums often. You can call that scummy, but I call it having no life. :P
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:05 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Alan Redgown wrote:
Nemesis wrote:I'm guessing the way everyone knows Muerrto was last to confirm was because the mod said so and I missed the updated post?
No, it just took Muerrto a while to confirm. And I check the forums often. You can call that scummy, but I call it having no life. :P
I got the PM tuesday. I confirmed on thursday at 10 am when I get into work. *shrug*
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:15 pm

Post by Nemesis »

No, it just took Muerrto a while to confirm. And I check the forums often. You can call that scummy, but I call it having no life.
lol. No one said that was scummy, guilty conscience? :P

I just meant that whenever I checked the thread I didn't see a list of people who hadn't confirmed or a note saying we were waiting for X or anything like that. So I'm just curious.

To LutenitPowwel: Please clarify how serious your vote was, if you could do that in your next post that would be helpful, instead of just attacking people as a defence. That doesn't work, especially if you use bad reasons.

If your vote wasn't serious at all, you had already put someone halfway to lynch without 3 people even posting in the thread so it was irresponsible.
Alan Redgown
Alan Redgown
Goon
Alan Redgown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:09 am

Post by Alan Redgown »

Nemesis wrote:lol. No one said that was scummy, guilty conscience?
Last game, one of the scum was on the forums often and laid low. We all found that suspicious. But I guess there's a difference between lurking and being active.
I just meant that whenever I checked the thread I didn't see a list of people who hadn't confirmed or a note saying we were waiting for X or anything like that. So I'm just curious.
Oh. Vel-Rahn Koon bolded each player's name after that person had confirmed.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”