Newbie 534: MafiaTV - Episode 2 - Finally Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Newbie 534: MafiaTV - Episode 2 - Finally Over!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:03 pm

Post by Iammars »

Alive:

Occult
(replacing copyWright replacing Whagger),
Mafia Goon

Ignatz2000

mongy101
(replacing Disciple Slayer)

YvonneSeer (replacing Superfly replacing Curateur replacing Kuroi Storm)

silence
Mafia Roleblocker

pwayne66

Flameaxe

Dead:

Ignatz2000, Doctor, Lynched Day 1
mongy101, Cop, Killed Night 1
pwayne66, Townie, Lynched Day 2
YvonneSeer (replacing Superfly replacing Curateur replacing Kuroi Storm), Townie, Killed in Endgame
Flameaxe, Townie, Killed in Endgame

Important Posts:

Pregame:
Rules
Day 1:
Start; End
Day 2:
Start
Important note: If you see something in black, you need to read it because it's game related. If you see something in red, you don't need to read it because it's flavor.
Last edited by Iammars on Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:42 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:07 pm

Post by Iammars »

*Cue Mafia TV theme song*
Townies do it in the day
Mafia do it in a group
Cops do it at night
Serial Killers do it alone
Vigilantes don't do it enough
Masons do it together

MafiaTV does it 24/7!
*End Mafia TV theme song*

Midas Welbee: Welcome to MafiaTV, the TV show where saying that you want to be a serial killer doesn't land you in a mental institute. What most people don't know about MafiaTV is that we were also affected by the writer's strike. Most of what we say here is planned beforehand by some guys who only refers to himself as "MOD." Therefore, while we're still waiting for him to get back from picketing, we decided to show you this classic episode from back in the 1920s:

*start tape*

Stuffy Old Guy 1: Here we have 7 people, 5 of which are normal citizens...

Stuffy Old Guy 2: Pardon me for interrupting, but have you read the script recently?

SOG1: Yeah. Why?

SOG2: Well, on the script, we appear to be referred to as "Stuffy Old Guy" 1 and 2. Now, what do you suppose that means?

SOG1: Well, I imagine that we're called Stuffy because we've both got colds, old because we're reach over the age of 65, and guys because, well, it's fairly obvious why.

SOG2: Thanks for that, but aren't you realizing that we're being insulted like this?

SOG1: Pssh. Just because we don't use new-fangled words like "hepcat" and stuff like that? It's not enough to make me break the fourth wall.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:28 pm

Post by Iammars »

The Rules
:
(Stolen from Meme and changed a bit.)
  • Votes must be in
    bold
    . If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted.
  • Please be attentive and
    unvote
    , if necessary, before casting a new vote. This is not
    required
    , but I’d appreciate it.
  • Lynches will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, his pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded. You may
    vote: no lynch
    – majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.
  • The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so.
  • Die!
    Er...
    When you die, stop talking. Dead people don't talk (except in horror movies, but that's a whole 'nother story)
  • Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts. Else I will edit/delete you.
  • Don’t quote any PMs from me.
  • If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. I will not wait for you – if you do not submit a choice to me, tough! No choice will be made.

We are using a Pie E7 setup for this game.

One player received the following role PM:
Mafia Roleblocker
You're part of a typical Prohibition age mafia. Because of this, you happen to be able to get your hands on a lot of alcohol. And alcohol makes people unable to do stuff. Sounds fine to you.

You are a Mafia Roleblocker. You are a part of this game's mafia, along with
THE MOD! *GASP*
. Each night, you and the other member of the mafia choose another person to kill. This person, assuming that they aren't protected by the doctor, will die. As long as you are alive, you can also choose another person to roleblock. That person can't use their role for that night. You win when all the town members are dead.

One player received the following role PM:
Mafia Goon
Your buddy provides the alcohol in this prohibition age mafia, you provide the muscle. You love beating people up, and the mafia is the best way to do it!

You are a Mafia Goon. You are a member of this game's mafia, along with
THE CO-MOD! *DOUBLE GASP*
. Each night, you and the other member of the mafia choose another person to kill. This person, assuming that they aren't protected by the doctor, will die. You win when all the town members are dead.

One player received the following PM:
Cop
Alcohol is against the constitution for a reason! You're upset that people find a need for alcohol when it is an illegal substance! Your alcohol sniffing dog will help in your police duties! You love exclamation marks!

You are a Cop. Every night you may choose to investigate a person. Assuming that you aren't roleblocked, you will receive a result of mafia or town. This result is guaranteed to be correct. You win when all members of the mafia are dead.

One player received the following PM:
Doctor
Ever since those mafias been around this town, people been coming in all beat up and stuff. You not be liking this. Thus you be protecting those people with that fancy MD certificate hanging on the wall.

You are a Doctor. Every night you may choose to protect a person. Assuming that you aren't roleblocked, you will protect your target from all nightkills. You may not protect yourself. You win when all members of the mafia are dead.

Three players received the following PM:
Townie
You are just a resident of
Philadelphia
an unspecified town. You don't mind living here amongst the
shootings
alcohol because it's basically
natural selection
speakeasys and good times for all. (I totally didn't just copy the role PM from Newbie 533 and change a few words... <_< >_>)

You are a Townie. You have no special abilities during the night. You win when all members of the mafia are dead.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:34 pm

Post by Iammars »

SOLG1: Now that my partner is done breaking the fourth wall, the game is about to start once everyone down there is ready.

It is now the confirmation stage. Please confirm by return PM as soon as possible. Please make sure to state which game you're confirming in as I'm starting off two different newbie games right now.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:12 pm

Post by Iammars »

I'm going to give the slackers another day to confirm. If they don't confirm by tomorrow, I'll get y'all some replacements. Sorry for the wait.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:21 am

Post by Iammars »

All right guys, I decided to just start the game. I
stole
grabbed copyWright and Curateur to replace Whagger and KuroiStorm.

GAME ON!
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #37 (isolation #6) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by Iammars »

Vote Count #1

No Lynch (1) - Curateur
Curateur (1) - copyWright
Flameaxe (1) - Ignatz2000
Ignatz2000 (1) - Flameaxe
copyWright (1) - pwayne66
4 to lynch.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #49 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by Iammars »

Everybody is prodded.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #64 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:34 am

Post by Iammars »

Looking to replace curateur and Disciple Slayer.

mongy101 replaces Disciple Slayer.
DoctorJimmy replaces curateur.

Actually Superfly does. Stupid queue troubles...
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #75 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by Iammars »

Vote Count #10

Ignatz2000 (2) - Flameaxe, copyWright
Flameaxe (1) - Ignatz2000
copyWright (1) - pwayne66
4 to lynch
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #76 (isolation #10) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:58 pm

Post by Iammars »

C'mon guys. I don't really want to have to perform another round of prodding.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #92 (isolation #11) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:55 am

Post by Iammars »

Sorry guys, it's been a busy week for me.

Stuffy Old Guy 1: Is it really surprising that they just got rid of the doctor?

Stuffy Old Guy 2: Not really. Nobody likes the Doctor.

Ignatz2000, Doctor, Lynched Day 1.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #93 (isolation #12) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by Iammars »

Stuffy Old Guy 1: Thousands of people have been coming in recently, bringing many things with them, including music and food and...

Stuffy Old Guy 2: Would you cut to the chase? People don't want to know about Chicago! People want to see deaths!

SOG1: But Chicago is a good place...

SOG2: DEATHS! DEATHS! DEATHS!

*Two men armed with a straight jacket come in*

NO! I DON'T WANT TO GO! NOT AGAIN!

SOG1: Anyway... You have lots of culture being added into...

*Buzzer sounds, you can hear SOG2 laughing in the background. The phrase "mongy101, Cop, Killed Night 1" flashes in block letters before the scene cuts to the people who are still alive.*

I swear guys, I usually don't forget about games like I have on this one. I'm sooo sorry.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #133 (isolation #13) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:59 am

Post by Iammars »

Prodding copywright. He has until Tuesday to post. Once either copywright posts again or a replacement comes and gets caught up, I will prod everyone in this game and let them know, then set a deadline. I am not modding 3 newbie games at once again. That's just too much.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #136 (isolation #14) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by Iammars »

Great. This game has halted to a standstill. Is everyone else still interested in playing? I'll get two replacements if that's what you want, but this game just seems like it's going to die.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #140 (isolation #15) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by Iammars »

All right. I'll be replacing Superfly and copyWright in just a moment, once I get a replacement for 533.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #141 (isolation #16) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:42 pm

Post by Iammars »

Claus to replace copyWright
YvonneSeer to replace Superfly
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #167 (isolation #17) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:35 pm

Post by Iammars »

No it doesn't rhyme.

And there was a problem with Claus' replacement. I shot a PM over to Flay, and I want to make sure I get replacements that can replace in. This whole deal is really starting to piss me off.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”