Newbie 534: MafiaTV - Episode 2 - Finally Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Newbie 534: MafiaTV - Episode 2 - Finally Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:03 pm

Post by Iammars »

Alive:

Occult
(replacing copyWright replacing Whagger),
Mafia Goon

Ignatz2000

mongy101
(replacing Disciple Slayer)

YvonneSeer (replacing Superfly replacing Curateur replacing Kuroi Storm)

silence
Mafia Roleblocker

pwayne66

Flameaxe

Dead:

Ignatz2000, Doctor, Lynched Day 1
mongy101, Cop, Killed Night 1
pwayne66, Townie, Lynched Day 2
YvonneSeer (replacing Superfly replacing Curateur replacing Kuroi Storm), Townie, Killed in Endgame
Flameaxe, Townie, Killed in Endgame

Important Posts:

Pregame:
Rules
Day 1:
Start; End
Day 2:
Start
Important note: If you see something in black, you need to read it because it's game related. If you see something in red, you don't need to read it because it's flavor.
Last edited by Iammars on Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:42 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:07 pm

Post by Iammars »

*Cue Mafia TV theme song*
Townies do it in the day
Mafia do it in a group
Cops do it at night
Serial Killers do it alone
Vigilantes don't do it enough
Masons do it together

MafiaTV does it 24/7!
*End Mafia TV theme song*

Midas Welbee: Welcome to MafiaTV, the TV show where saying that you want to be a serial killer doesn't land you in a mental institute. What most people don't know about MafiaTV is that we were also affected by the writer's strike. Most of what we say here is planned beforehand by some guys who only refers to himself as "MOD." Therefore, while we're still waiting for him to get back from picketing, we decided to show you this classic episode from back in the 1920s:

*start tape*

Stuffy Old Guy 1: Here we have 7 people, 5 of which are normal citizens...

Stuffy Old Guy 2: Pardon me for interrupting, but have you read the script recently?

SOG1: Yeah. Why?

SOG2: Well, on the script, we appear to be referred to as "Stuffy Old Guy" 1 and 2. Now, what do you suppose that means?

SOG1: Well, I imagine that we're called Stuffy because we've both got colds, old because we're reach over the age of 65, and guys because, well, it's fairly obvious why.

SOG2: Thanks for that, but aren't you realizing that we're being insulted like this?

SOG1: Pssh. Just because we don't use new-fangled words like "hepcat" and stuff like that? It's not enough to make me break the fourth wall.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:28 pm

Post by Iammars »

The Rules
:
(Stolen from Meme and changed a bit.)
  • Votes must be in
    bold
    . If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted.
  • Please be attentive and
    unvote
    , if necessary, before casting a new vote. This is not
    required
    , but I’d appreciate it.
  • Lynches will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, his pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded. You may
    vote: no lynch
    – majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.
  • The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so.
  • Die!
    Er...
    When you die, stop talking. Dead people don't talk (except in horror movies, but that's a whole 'nother story)
  • Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts. Else I will edit/delete you.
  • Don’t quote any PMs from me.
  • If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. I will not wait for you – if you do not submit a choice to me, tough! No choice will be made.

We are using a Pie E7 setup for this game.

One player received the following role PM:
Mafia Roleblocker
You're part of a typical Prohibition age mafia. Because of this, you happen to be able to get your hands on a lot of alcohol. And alcohol makes people unable to do stuff. Sounds fine to you.

You are a Mafia Roleblocker. You are a part of this game's mafia, along with
THE MOD! *GASP*
. Each night, you and the other member of the mafia choose another person to kill. This person, assuming that they aren't protected by the doctor, will die. As long as you are alive, you can also choose another person to roleblock. That person can't use their role for that night. You win when all the town members are dead.

One player received the following role PM:
Mafia Goon
Your buddy provides the alcohol in this prohibition age mafia, you provide the muscle. You love beating people up, and the mafia is the best way to do it!

You are a Mafia Goon. You are a member of this game's mafia, along with
THE CO-MOD! *DOUBLE GASP*
. Each night, you and the other member of the mafia choose another person to kill. This person, assuming that they aren't protected by the doctor, will die. You win when all the town members are dead.

One player received the following PM:
Cop
Alcohol is against the constitution for a reason! You're upset that people find a need for alcohol when it is an illegal substance! Your alcohol sniffing dog will help in your police duties! You love exclamation marks!

You are a Cop. Every night you may choose to investigate a person. Assuming that you aren't roleblocked, you will receive a result of mafia or town. This result is guaranteed to be correct. You win when all members of the mafia are dead.

One player received the following PM:
Doctor
Ever since those mafias been around this town, people been coming in all beat up and stuff. You not be liking this. Thus you be protecting those people with that fancy MD certificate hanging on the wall.

You are a Doctor. Every night you may choose to protect a person. Assuming that you aren't roleblocked, you will protect your target from all nightkills. You may not protect yourself. You win when all members of the mafia are dead.

Three players received the following PM:
Townie
You are just a resident of
Philadelphia
an unspecified town. You don't mind living here amongst the
shootings
alcohol because it's basically
natural selection
speakeasys and good times for all. (I totally didn't just copy the role PM from Newbie 533 and change a few words... <_< >_>)

You are a Townie. You have no special abilities during the night. You win when all members of the mafia are dead.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:34 pm

Post by Iammars »

SOLG1: Now that my partner is done breaking the fourth wall, the game is about to start once everyone down there is ready.

It is now the confirmation stage. Please confirm by return PM as soon as possible. Please make sure to state which game you're confirming in as I'm starting off two different newbie games right now.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:12 pm

Post by Iammars »

I'm going to give the slackers another day to confirm. If they don't confirm by tomorrow, I'll get y'all some replacements. Sorry for the wait.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:21 am

Post by Iammars »

All right guys, I decided to just start the game. I
stole
grabbed copyWright and Curateur to replace Whagger and KuroiStorm.

GAME ON!
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:33 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Vote: No lynch

Good play right thar.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Curateur
Curateur
Townie
Curateur
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:47 am

Post by Curateur »

Look, I enjoy speakeasies as much as the next guy, but the cops are really puttin' on the pressure. It's high time we give them something more important to worry about--like that filthy mafia no one wants to talk about. Sure, they may be supplying the alcohol, but there won't be no more drinking if we're all in the slammer!

Vote: No lynch

It's just too bad I don't have a clue who they are.
copyWright
copyWright
Townie
copyWright
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:45 am

Post by copyWright »

Why are we all voting no lynch?
Curateur
Curateur
Townie
Curateur
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:07 am

Post by Curateur »

Because people's lives are at stake! Don't get me wrong, with enough evidence against someone, I'd like to see them pay. But for now, the odds are against us. If we lynch one of our own, the blasted mafia will be nearly equal in number. And without more information to work with, that's probably what will happen if we send someone to the gallows.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:44 am

Post by Flameaxe »

copyWright wrote:Why are we all voting no lynch?
We aren't. If we were all voting no lynch, it would be night right now. But alas, it is not!
copyWright
copyWright
Townie
copyWright
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:27 am

Post by copyWright »

Curateur wrote:Because people's lives are at stake! Don't get me wrong, with enough evidence against someone, I'd like to see them pay. But for now, the odds are against us. If we lynch one of our own, the blasted mafia will be nearly equal in number. And without more information to work with, that's probably what will happen if we send someone to the gallows.
And how do you propose we get more information without a lynch? Sit around and wait for someone to die from the NK? Lynches are a village's best weapon against the mafia. We should use 'em.

VOTE:
Curateur
Curateur
Townie
Curateur
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:50 am

Post by Curateur »

Numbers are the town's best weapon against the mafia. A town divided cannot stand, and lynching an innocent puts us in a bad position. A vote based on past reactions between the alive and the deceased as well as help from our investigative police force holds much more promise than randomly selecting a name from a hat.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:52 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Uhm...Numbers are our best weapon right now. What exactly do you plan on accomplishing from the nightm exactly? All that happens is that we lose an innocent without discussion.
Curateur
Curateur
Townie
Curateur
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:29 am

Post by Curateur »

I don't see what makes you say that. Whether we eventually decide to lynch or not, there will inevitably be discussion that leads up to it. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't lynch only for the sake of it, or we'll lose the one advantage we have faster than we need to.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

We won't be lynching only for the sake of it, but I highly doubt that a no lynch would ever be a better choice than a lynch.
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by silence »

Somewhere between "no information" and "player X is certainly scum" there is a degree of certainty where it's better for us to lynch X than to no-lynch (I'm not convinced that no lynch is better than random lynch even in the no information case, but won't go into that now). So, a better strategy than going for a no lynch is to try to get over the said degree (via putting pressure...) and only no-lynch if nobody seems scummy enough.
Curateur wrote:Whether we eventually decide to lynch or not, there will inevitably be discussion that leads up to it. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't lynch only for the sake of it, or we'll lose the one advantage we have faster than we need to.
If everyone just votes no lynch, there won't be any discussion, nor much information to use during the next day. Neither should we no-lynch only for the sake of it, or we'll lose the advantage of gathering information (and maybe being able to lynch someone for better reasons than only for the sake of it) during the day. Wouldn't it have been better to vote for no-lynch only if it happens that someone is going to be lynched 'only for the sake of it'?
Curateur
Curateur
Townie
Curateur
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:51 pm

Post by Curateur »

I never told anyone else how to vote, so I'm not advocating a short end to the day without discussion. I merely answered a question that was asked of me, demonstrating that in the event of a decision between a no-lynch and a random lynch, I am in favor of the former. This is all that my vote means. I have no problem lynching someone on day one if we can come to a reasonable consensus after further discussion, but I just wanted to express that I would rather not lynch anyone at all if that manages to elude us.
Ignatz2000
Ignatz2000
Townie
Ignatz2000
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by Ignatz2000 »

This might be a bad time, but I just get the impression that Flameaxe is a little too eager to get to the night.

That kinda makes me think that he is a cop and is eager to investigate someone, or that he is a mafia and is eager to kill someone. Or that I'm just an idiot.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:36 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Ignatz2000 wrote:This might be a bad time, but I just get the impression that Flameaxe is a little too eager to get to the night.

That kinda makes me think that he is a cop and is eager to investigate someone, or that he is a mafia and is eager to kill someone. Or that I'm just an idiot.
Excuse me? Do you know how to read? I'm the guy fighting AGAINST the no lynch. How exactly is this be being eager? Secondly, you are just an idiot.

If anyone here is being eager, its Curateur. It may just be his way of how games went on wherever his mafia career was before this, but he seems way too deadset on a no-lynch for my liking. That and his convenient jumping on after I random voted no-lynch, the more he posts the more odd of a feeling I am getting.
Unvote, Vote: Curateur
. I love to follow my gut.

A lynch, no matter how random it is (even though it should never really be random), is always helpful.
Ignatz2000
Ignatz2000
Townie
Ignatz2000
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by Ignatz2000 »

Well, you
were
the first person to vote no lynch.

And there was also this:
Flameaxe wrote:
We aren't. If we were all voting no lynch, it would be night right now. But alas, it is not!
Were you being sarcastic? Or is there something I'm missing here?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:47 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Ignatz2000 wrote:Well, you
were
the first person to vote no lynch.

And there was also this:
Flameaxe wrote:
Were you being sarcastic? Or is there something I'm missing here?
Yes, I was the first, but it was a vote that wasn't even justified with anything, thus (I was hoping) it would be assumed as random.

The second quote: I don't even think that applies in whatever fantasyworld you are living in. What I posted was a fact. Hot juicy fact.

You can't always take the first person to do something as a bad thing, sometimes those
bandwagoners
can mean a lot more.
Ignatz2000
Ignatz2000
Townie
Ignatz2000
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by Ignatz2000 »

Flameaxe wrote: What I posted was a fact. Hot juicy fact.
But by using the word 'alas' you express sorrow that it is not yet nighttime. Thus, my query as to whether you were being sarcastic.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:09 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Ok, maybe that part was sarcastic. Now why again do you think I am being more eager than Cur? I'm you know...not the guy arguing it.
Curateur
Curateur
Townie
Curateur
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:32 pm

Post by Curateur »

Neither am I, if you read my last post.

I still don't think there's really much to go on, but I do agree it's strange that Ignatz found you more suspicious than me for the reason he posted, so I would have to say he's at the top of my list for now.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”