Newbie 534: MafiaTV - Episode 2 - Finally Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Curateur
Curateur
Townie
Curateur
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:47 am

Post by Curateur »

Look, I enjoy speakeasies as much as the next guy, but the cops are really puttin' on the pressure. It's high time we give them something more important to worry about--like that filthy mafia no one wants to talk about. Sure, they may be supplying the alcohol, but there won't be no more drinking if we're all in the slammer!

Vote: No lynch

It's just too bad I don't have a clue who they are.
Curateur
Curateur
Townie
Curateur
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:07 am

Post by Curateur »

Because people's lives are at stake! Don't get me wrong, with enough evidence against someone, I'd like to see them pay. But for now, the odds are against us. If we lynch one of our own, the blasted mafia will be nearly equal in number. And without more information to work with, that's probably what will happen if we send someone to the gallows.
Curateur
Curateur
Townie
Curateur
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:50 am

Post by Curateur »

Numbers are the town's best weapon against the mafia. A town divided cannot stand, and lynching an innocent puts us in a bad position. A vote based on past reactions between the alive and the deceased as well as help from our investigative police force holds much more promise than randomly selecting a name from a hat.
Curateur
Curateur
Townie
Curateur
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:29 am

Post by Curateur »

I don't see what makes you say that. Whether we eventually decide to lynch or not, there will inevitably be discussion that leads up to it. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't lynch only for the sake of it, or we'll lose the one advantage we have faster than we need to.
Curateur
Curateur
Townie
Curateur
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:51 pm

Post by Curateur »

I never told anyone else how to vote, so I'm not advocating a short end to the day without discussion. I merely answered a question that was asked of me, demonstrating that in the event of a decision between a no-lynch and a random lynch, I am in favor of the former. This is all that my vote means. I have no problem lynching someone on day one if we can come to a reasonable consensus after further discussion, but I just wanted to express that I would rather not lynch anyone at all if that manages to elude us.
Curateur
Curateur
Townie
Curateur
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:32 pm

Post by Curateur »

Neither am I, if you read my last post.

I still don't think there's really much to go on, but I do agree it's strange that Ignatz found you more suspicious than me for the reason he posted, so I would have to say he's at the top of my list for now.
Curateur
Curateur
Townie
Curateur
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:45 pm

Post by Curateur »

At the moment, I don't think he's scum. I just think he's the most likely to be of the people who have posted. I don't plan on voting for anyone, however, until I actually believe them to be a part of the mafia. Not that I need absolute proof, but I don't have a strong enough feeling to actually cast a vote in his direction yet.
Curateur
Curateur
Townie
Curateur
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (isolation #7) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:03 pm

Post by Curateur »

Yes, because I don't see you point. Just because I think someone is more likely to be scum doesn't mean I have to think they actually are.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”