Newbie 534: MafiaTV - Episode 2 - Finally Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
copyWright
copyWright
Townie
copyWright
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:45 am

Post by copyWright »

Why are we all voting no lynch?
copyWright
copyWright
Townie
copyWright
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:27 am

Post by copyWright »

Curateur wrote:Because people's lives are at stake! Don't get me wrong, with enough evidence against someone, I'd like to see them pay. But for now, the odds are against us. If we lynch one of our own, the blasted mafia will be nearly equal in number. And without more information to work with, that's probably what will happen if we send someone to the gallows.
And how do you propose we get more information without a lynch? Sit around and wait for someone to die from the NK? Lynches are a village's best weapon against the mafia. We should use 'em.

VOTE:
copyWright
copyWright
Townie
copyWright
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (isolation #2) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:04 am

Post by copyWright »

I'd like to here a bit more from the no-shows-yet, please =)
copyWright
copyWright
Townie
copyWright
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:05 am

Post by copyWright »

WHOA I missed the whole second page. Hang on I'm going back to read it.
copyWright
copyWright
Townie
copyWright
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (isolation #4) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:16 am

Post by copyWright »

Okay. Ignatz, Flame is right. You are picking at straws. If you look at his posts in context they make sense, mostly. "Mostly," because I'm not sure I understand the whole dispute anyway.

unvote Curateur

I'm thinking about voting Ignatz. I usually would, but this lynching mechanic makes it such that one must be a bit more careful with the votes. For now then, though

FoS: Ignatz

(did I understand the purpose of FoS properly?)
copyWright
copyWright
Townie
copyWright
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:09 am

Post by copyWright »

vote Ignatz2000

Not much else to add.
copyWright
copyWright
Townie
copyWright
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:41 am

Post by copyWright »

No one else is saying anything! C'mon guys =)
copyWright
copyWright
Townie
copyWright
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (isolation #7) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:45 pm

Post by copyWright »

Holllaaaaa =) I am BAACK! Reading up now, sorry for the hiatus...
copyWright
copyWright
Townie
copyWright
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (isolation #8) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:50 pm

Post by copyWright »

Okay, I don't understand what all that suspicion on me is about. We have to vote SOMEBODY out D1, and let's be honest the game really did stagnate for a while so I voted to get it moving.

Sure Ignatz "flipped townie," but I don't see why that makes me so suspect, Superfly. Ultimately you also put a vote on Ignatz to bring him closer to lynch. So if you suspect Flame and me for voting Ignatz, then we should suspect you, too, right? ...
copyWright
copyWright
Townie
copyWright
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (isolation #9) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:11 pm

Post by copyWright »

Suspects so far:

Flameaxe - pwayne + Superfly
pwayne66 - silence + Superfly
silence - pwayne + copyWright
Superfly - copyWright + silence

Flameaxe and pwayne's suspects are primely gut. I'd like to hear what exactly triggered that gut feeling, since my own gut is often wrong and thus I don't like to trust it too much. What was it that they said, or how the said it, that gives you the impression that they are scum?

silence seems to think that my vote to get things moving was very suspect. I disagree - I voted merely to get things moving (I'm repeating myself here, aren't I) and votes are a great way of getting people talking. To be honest, I expected the next person to vote to call a claim out of Ignatz, but neither Superfly nor pwayne did that. I think the suspicion of me is justified to a certain extent, but I would still argue that pwayne or Superfly have more cause for suspicion.

Okay, now I'm going to be repeating silence's arguments somewhat, but looking back that's what I think, so bear with me.

silence says we should let mongy101 post before ending the day. To me, that's a warning call - "DON'T VOTE AGAIN before mongy posts!"
pwayne66 says he's not keeping him from it. True enough. The logical step now would be to do as Superfly has just done for me, to ask the mod to prod him.
And then not 24 hours later, no one else (least of all mongy101) having posted, pwayne decides to snipe and Ignatz goes BOOM. He tries to cover it up - "so, any scum wants to hammer now?"
But then Superfly points out to him that that WAS hammer.

And here's the part that mystifies me - pwayne goes "yup." It's not a "oh crap, really?" which I would expect, it's a "yup." Making me think that he actually thought this out and knew it was hammer - I really don't get it.

I don't really understand Superfly's suspicion of silence (I would say me, but I'm biased there so let's ignore that first). If he suspects silence for not suspecting Flameaxe, wouldn't that be him suspecting silence is trying to protect/not draw attention to Flameaxe?

You draw the link, and that's why you're suspicious. But no, he still suspects silence and ME. You can either draw a me + someone link, or a silence + Flameaxe link. Based on that reason, I don't see an argument to draw a me + silence link. He seems to simply be fishing for reasons randomly, which makes me think he's scum.

Based on my thoughts above, I think that Superfly and pwayne are scum. But pwayne's response is still sitting a little oddly with me. *frowns* Can't quite figure it out...
copyWright
copyWright
Townie
copyWright
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (isolation #10) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:11 pm

Post by copyWright »

Flameaxe wrote:There is a difference in the ways we went after Ignatz Wright. I made the coat-tails, you rode them.

You jumped up my scumdar, for the record.
Lol. Thank you for the record.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”