Newbie 534: MafiaTV - Episode 2 - Finally Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by silence »

Somewhere between "no information" and "player X is certainly scum" there is a degree of certainty where it's better for us to lynch X than to no-lynch (I'm not convinced that no lynch is better than random lynch even in the no information case, but won't go into that now). So, a better strategy than going for a no lynch is to try to get over the said degree (via putting pressure...) and only no-lynch if nobody seems scummy enough.
Curateur wrote:Whether we eventually decide to lynch or not, there will inevitably be discussion that leads up to it. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't lynch only for the sake of it, or we'll lose the one advantage we have faster than we need to.
If everyone just votes no lynch, there won't be any discussion, nor much information to use during the next day. Neither should we no-lynch only for the sake of it, or we'll lose the advantage of gathering information (and maybe being able to lynch someone for better reasons than only for the sake of it) during the day. Wouldn't it have been better to vote for no-lynch only if it happens that someone is going to be lynched 'only for the sake of it'?
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:18 am

Post by silence »

Disciple Slayer has not posted yet, maybe prod him?

I still don't understand how random voting no lynch would be helpful but maybe that's not so helpful.

Ignatz2000's case against seems unreasonable indeed, and I too find him most likely to be scum.

Don't know what to think about Curateur's position of wanting a no lynch if there is not enough information. Anyway, to me it is not at all clear whether a random lynch is better than no lynch with this setup, would like to see more analysis about that (although for this game it probably isn't important any more, we already have a pretty strong case against Ignatz2000). Bandwagon-voting 'No lynch' is a bit strange way to state not wanting to lynch yet, but I don't think it proves anything. Anyway, if Ignatz2000 is scum, Curateur is most likely scum and Flameaxe town. Don't know what conclusions to draw if Ignatz2000 turns out to be town.

No reason to put Ignatz2000 in L-1 and risk ending the day prematurely, thus
FoS: Ignatz2000
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:45 pm

Post by silence »

Sorry but I think it's you whose brain is not comprehending.. The main reason you are being attacked is exactly that Curateur doesn't seem scummy to you when your original reason for FlameAxe's scumminess would better apply to Curateur, hence you are 'ignoring' him.
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:25 pm

Post by silence »

pwayne66: Why is saying that nobody is saying anything scummy?

I'd support lynching Ignatz2000 but it tould be premature now, Disciple Slayer hasn't posted even once.
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:24 am

Post by silence »

I don't think Flameaxe was overdefensive, Ignatz's case, at least the interpretation of the 'Alas, it is not'-comment was so irreasonable that anybody could have attacked that.

About curateur/superfly nothing special, bandwagoning no lynch was not helpful, superfly's posts seem sensible. But, if Ignatz is scum, Ignatz's attacking Flameaxe and not curateur is at least tiny evidence of superfly being scum.

About pwayne66 nothing special either, I don't agree with all his list/conclusions but that doesn't make him scummy..

Why did copyWright decide to vote Ignatz in the "nothing else to add"-post without any explanation. Suspicious especially if Ignatz turns out to be scum

mongy101: has not posted yet.

List maybe something like
1. Ignatz2000
2. copyWright (if Ignatz2000 town)
3. Superfly (if Ignatz2000 scum)
4. pwayne66
5. Flameaxe
about mongy101 no idea yet.
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by silence »

We should at least let mongy101 post before ending the day...
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #6) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:11 am

Post by silence »

Just to remind everyone, this is a lynch-or-lose situation, don't vote prematurely as one misvote will enable the scum to quicklynch and thus win the game.

I'll try to post some thoughts later today.
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:10 pm

Post by silence »

I think Flameaxe had a reasonable case against Ignatz, so his vote was justified.

In post 40 copyWright states she thinks about voting Ignatz but that one needs to be careful with votes and only gives a FoS. Then suddenly without any justification she decides to vote Ignatz at post 51

on page 4 Superfly puts Ignatz at L-1, has reasons but it was not reasonable to act so quickly

pwayne... in post 66 Ignatz is his #5 suspect. Then, all of a sudden he hammers without giving any justification about why his beliefs changed. And in post 82, right before the hammer he says that he's not keeping mongy from posting, and then proceeds to do exactly that. Should have asked if Ignatz wants to claim before hammering

Based on these, from most to least scummy
1. pwayne66
2. copyWright
3. Superfly
4. Flameaxe
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #8) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:33 am

Post by silence »

pwayne66 wrote:
Can you tell me what FA's case against Ignatz was?
Is there any way the 'Alas, it is not' in Flameaxe's post 10 can be interpret to mean he would want to end the day? Based on that attack only I think voting Ignatz was justified.

pwayne66 wrote: I responded to what I percieved as a weak post full of false concern by silence.
How was my post weak and full of false concern? I think it was a real threat that someone might end the day prematurely (which you actually did). Why did you hammer i) without asking Ignatz to claim, ii) without getting mongy101 prodded/replaced?
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #9) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by silence »

I don't believe pwayne66 could have hammered as an accident. There was no hurry to vote, why would you not count votes before posting? Also, in a 'meta' sense it is a pretty exploitable strategy for town to let hammers pass as accidents...

Based on their current arguing and being the last 2 voters on day 1, I find it unlikely that pwayne and Superfly are the scumpair.

Thsu, I think pwayne66 and copyWright probably are scum.
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #10) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by silence »

pwayne66 wrote:Either I am town and I made the mistake of miscounting, or I am scum and I made the mistake of hammering a person that I had voiced no previous suspicions of with out asking for a claim and thus dooming myself to be lynched the next day.
Good point. However, how do we know that you did not lynch deliberately and plan to use exactly this defence?
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:25 am

Post by silence »

I want to continue.
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:23 am

Post by silence »

What's with the vote without explanation? Especially as Claus hasn't even posted?
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #13) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:57 pm

Post by silence »

Are we getting a replacement for Claus?
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #14) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:05 am

Post by silence »

Waiting for Claus' replacement, otherwise would be ready to lynch pwayne...

Prod: Mod
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #15) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:39 am

Post by silence »

Apparently we all agree pwayne66 should be lynched.

Vote: pwayne6
[/b]

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”