Mini 2332: A Mid-scummer Nights Dream II | GG

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #35 (isolation #0) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:21 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Hi.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #36 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:23 am

Post by Hu Tao »

I got a Red PM this game. Hopefully it works out!
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:13 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 251, Sunflower wrote:
In post 176, Catgirl Chipotle wrote: User Sunflower what do you think about users Kyoko and Klick
:sunny: hi! i know this wasn't directed towards me but uhh. ok so kyoko posted. i didn't even know they were in the game but i saw them and they slapped me back to my danganronpa phase. which i barely escaped. i got like. the flashbacks. but also kirigiri best girl. tbh i don't remember much about their posting, just that they had a kirigiri avatar.
:sunny: i think i like klick's posting so far. i don't remember any posts they made asides from the one on the slider though
Chiaki best girl
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (isolation #3) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:13 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

I'm lost this game. So I'm going to blend into the background. Is that okay?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (isolation #4) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:33 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 275, Catgirl Chipotle wrote:
In post 274, Hu Tao wrote: I'm lost this game. So I'm going to blend into the background. Is that okay?
No this is unacceptable
But why
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (isolation #5) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:33 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 277, Catgirl Chipotle wrote: Hu Tao?
More like
Hu Chained to the desk
:shifty:
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (isolation #6) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:48 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

Dragon this may be my fastest town read on you yet
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (isolation #7) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:06 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

Wait so has the game not started yet? I'm lost :dead:
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (isolation #8) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:03 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 371, Sunflower wrote:
In post 273, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 251, Sunflower wrote:
In post 176, Catgirl Chipotle wrote: User Sunflower what do you think about users Kyoko and Klick
:sunny: hi! i know this wasn't directed towards me but uhh. ok so kyoko posted. i didn't even know they were in the game but i saw them and they slapped me back to my danganronpa phase. which i barely escaped. i got like. the flashbacks. but also kirigiri best girl. tbh i don't remember much about their posting, just that they had a kirigiri avatar.
:sunny: i think i like klick's posting so far. i don't remember any posts they made asides from the one on the slider though
Chiaki best girl
:sunny: i can respect that actually, sdr2 was my favorite game. i really love and hate komaeda
So true bestie
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (isolation #9) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:04 am

Post by Hu Tao »

So are we supposed to pm votes or something? Is that what the mod is talking about?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (isolation #10) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:14 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 390, Von Payne wrote:
In post 386, Hu Tao wrote: So are we supposed to pm votes or something? Is that what the mod is talking about?
Yep

~B
What should I pm?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (isolation #11) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:33 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 395, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 389, Von Payne wrote: We sent in Slide, Protest/glue, and Sheeple

Slide because Drew said he agrees with Klick that we should get it out of the way early, and the other two we just both liked

~B
If Slide isn't chosen, it can't appear again. So there's no benefit in "getting it out of the way early".
In post 393, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 390, Von Payne wrote:
In post 386, Hu Tao wrote: So are we supposed to pm votes or something? Is that what the mod is talking about?
Yep

~B
What should I pm?
Did you decide which dreams to vote for?
No. I trust you. Which should I do
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #551 (isolation #12) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:31 am

Post by Hu Tao »

I used my given right to vote
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (isolation #13) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:47 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

Sure we can eliminate me. I have 0 clue what's happening anyway sorry

VOTE: hu tao
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (isolation #14) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:54 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 581, DragonEater70 wrote: I am definitely going to be limiting my posting. Thank you for caring about it Catgirls, that's very considerate of you.

As I'd said earlier, I don't really have any serious scumreads. I'd be willing to vote anyone whose username is not Klick/Gimli/Sunflower/Catgirl Chipotle. However I guess I do have SOME preferences:

1. Let's not vote Aureal Day 1 because she's likelier town than not and if she's town she's going to have more reads later, at which point she'll be easier to read and also pretty useful for finding scum. Also I am doing this to prove Aureal I don't have a deep burning desire to annoy her like she might think I have :p

2. My nullscums are currently Prism and Ravens. Prism for her approach to the game which uses a lot of true evidence to explain a read that doesn't really correlate to that evidence while ignoring evidence that points otherwise; Ravens because of their exchange with Gimli where they called Gimli disingenuous for using contradictory definitions of meta or something. I'll note that after my exchange with Black, she went back to true null over null scum. I could wagon one of these but my confidence in either of them being scum is not veey high at all.

3. My true nulls are Hu Tao, Ydrasse, Von Payne, ActionDan, and Kyoko. I wouldn't be surprised if 2 of them were scum, maybe even three. I would like to try and wagon here today (at the stage where content is still allowed) as a way to sort them. I also wouldn't mind a lim going through on them I guess.

I would also like to issue a warning to everyone: this game most likely has PRs (there was a mason duo amd two minor TPRs in the last game). PLEASE make sure that once content posts run out, you do not post anything. Because if you are a PR and get to E-1, you will need a content post to claim your role.

Also, I would like to suggest that voting no elim and then immediately unvoting should be used as a sign meaning "intent to hammer".

VOTE: Hu Tao
Err what's the VT of this game called?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #590 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:54 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Okay everyone is voting but not answering my question. What's the VT called this game?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (isolation #16) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:32 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 594, Prism wrote: I don't appreciate Hu Tao refusing to play towards her win condition regardless of alignment. The other players are putting in effort. Return the favor.

I'm eager to here more from Kirigiri today. I hope her headache has improved. If Hu Tao starts actually starts playing, I'd prefer to vote there.

I will lay my full cards on the table for my Dragon read.

Spoiler: My hand
First, there is the point that Dragon townreading people fast and early is in line. I agree with it. The second point is that he is usually confident in his own towniness and perhaps entitled. I, again, agree.

So where do we diverge? I have higher expectations for Dragon's ability to adapt and emulate the basics. I found the lack of early pressure a surface-level anomaly, but what made my second spot, the absence of his usual kneejerk hostility, valuable was that Dragons probably wasn't aware of his own bad tendency.

Then comes 143, which I disliked as an overly self-conscious post. As I discussed earlier with Catgirl, players start realizing at the intermediate level that being vulnerable and open about their insecurities can help, even as scum. They usually overuse it instead of selectively using it at the right times. This doesn't mean the player is bad: it's just a growing pain I've seen play out over and over.

I thought 143 fit that mental model. The best test is to immediately shove the person, just destroy that newly discovered comfort and see whether they panic. So I quickly shot off the dayvig comment and polished up the follow-up in 146. I felt middling about the reaction I got: it wasn't panic, but the attempt to distinguish this game from Pizza Kids as being fundamentally different contexts was unpersuasive and a reach (the utility of early pressure doesn't vary much between the two setups). The town model I expected was "Yeah I'm just going with my reads and playing differently."

My read doesn't evolve much from there. Dragon's increased skepticism of me was expected either way, as town because that's what he does, as scum because I just pointed out it's what he does. 288 is mostly a refinement of the distinction point but adds sleep deprivation, which I'd already acknowledged prior.

Beyond this, the read hasn't evolved as much as I'd like. There are many posts that are fine but not difficult to fake. I need more information about whether our other reads being in line is town-indicative The only other behavior that threw me was random posts that are intentionally counterintuitive, because they feel like being counterintuitive is the performative goal instead of a means to an end.

At the end of the day, he's sitting in nullscum, but I'd be surprised if I didn't just figure him out through a metadive on Day 2/Day 3. Dragon seems to think I ignore his counterpoints or the behaviors others see as town, but I'm not. They're just outweighed, largely because I expect him to more easily emulate those behaviors.

For Ravens, Catgirl voted Sunflower because Jupiter burned 3 posts for essentially no reason, with the pagetop being especially egregious. I thought about doing the same or burning a post lecturing them, but I thought I'd get a "more posting" outcome so I didn't.

I revisited Aureal yesterday. She should probably go higher up on my list, probably at 4/5. I really want to play with her but I felt meh about the tone of 535 and 552. Maybe it's a legitimate and personalized read, but the goal might have been to vent while avoiding drawing the Dragon hostile reactivity.
Everyone making long paragraphs but not answering one question. I'm trying not to make the post count go up more. But can someone just answer. Is it VT or some other name. Or is no one just a VT?

Pedit. I'll just add the post I was about to post to this. But I am trying but no one is answering my question.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (isolation #17) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:41 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Thanks but that was annoying. Unfortunately I need to try this game or everyone will probably hate me

UNVOTE:

I will say this is not the type of game for me I don't like making long posts and I prefer to catch up in multiple posts so it'll be a pain.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (isolation #18) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:43 am

Post by Hu Tao »

VOTE: cat girl chipotle
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #601 (isolation #19) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:46 am

Post by Hu Tao »

VOTE: sunflower
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #614 (isolation #20) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:06 am

Post by Hu Tao »

I'm sorry I just can't do long posts. I'm more of a react player than a thought player I think. Umm. So I think catgirl or sunflower I would like to eliminate.

Dragon I think is town. I can understand why he is weary of me based on past games.

I think I wouldn't be this lost as scum since scum always has all the info. I guess you can say I could be faking not knowing stuff but that seems lame.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (isolation #21) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:14 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Okay. So actually I have a theory based on the mod post.

This might be dumb, but scum likely asked if just unvoting would count toward the post count, and scum likely knew before mod posted here that it would. So it got me to look at who did so.

Gimli based on last death note game I just checked never really used unvote before, he would just vote his next person without doing unvote. The only time he actually posted unvote was when he was about to win anyway at the very end of the game.

So yeah, it's probably silly but I think gimli could be scum. Based off that. Dragon do you think I'm looking into that too much? You don't have to reply to this directly, just reply on your next big post you make I suppose.

VOTE: Gimli
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (isolation #22) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:15 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 619, Prism wrote: My interpretation is wrong after further thought and review. Hu Tao thinks scum asked after the fact to find a strategy to burn posts, not that they asked during dream selection.

I am still inclined to townread the post. It's creative. I don't really buy it, but if I did, Silver Ravens is a better candidate on this front because Ravens "tested" a vote that clearly counted under the ruleset and immediately unvoted afterwards.

I'll stop posting for now, but I didn't want that error to sit.
Yes. This is what I mean. So I noticed their post first. But I've never played with GIF before so I am not sure if that's how they usually act.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #660 (isolation #23) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:16 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

VOTE: aureal
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #672 (isolation #24) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:21 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

VOTE: cat girl Chipotle
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #673 (isolation #25) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:23 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

Screw it I'm posting. This game is too restrictive. And I don't want to read essays. I'm sorry. Gimli/von/catgirl/sunflower/aureal are all on my sus list
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #680 (isolation #26) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:41 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Is that black or drew
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (isolation #27) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:34 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

VOTE: Hu Tao
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (isolation #28) » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:35 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

I don't see myself giving thr effort so I'm fine with being gone. Just don't be upset with my flip, you all want this.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3420 (isolation #29) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:48 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

Naur