Policy Discussion: Banning Players

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:34 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

1. Do you feel experience requirements are acceptable in Large (Theme/Normal) games?

Definitely. Any game that's going to take up that much of a player's time (6+ months) should consist of players less prone to flake or unbalance the game with huge newbie mistakes.

2. If so, do you think they would be appropriate for other types of games, such as Mini Theme games?

Personally I think so, at the mod's discretion. I think players who'd rather limit their playtime to games without newbie influence should be able to enjoy minis. (And fulfill their newbie-education obligations in the appropriate forum.)

3. Should Mods be allowed to ban specific players from their games?

Absolutely. If a mod doesn't want their game wrecked by a player who plays randomly or arbitrarily, I think that should be their prerogative.

4. If so, what reasons are acceptable for doing so?

Players known to disclose game information in public channels or otherwise not play by the rules, players who play far too randomly and/or recklessly, players who go beyond argumentative to become abusive, players who consistently fail to remain active in games. Other reasons similar in spirit to these.

5. How should inactivity to the point of replacement be discouraged across multiple games?

By requiring replaced players to replace into and partcipate in a running game in need before they're able to sign up for another new game. This site would benefit from the concept of "replace-debt".
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #79 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:58 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Raging Rabbit wrote:While I've had my perfectly friendly sarcastic comments misinterperted like a million times in my very short time here, I'm currently hoping this is just people getting used to me... I really think if I'd just surrender my soul to all the stuck ups and stop using sarcasm/curse words altogether, that'd downight murder like 50% of my game enjoyment.
You're welcome to find people here "stuck up", and others are welcome to find you a self-absorbed, pretentious sophist. I have a feeling that if you look up the definition of sarcasm and realize it doesn't encompass blanket insults of people you barely know, you may someday construct a paragraph that alienates nary a soul.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006

Return to “Mafia Discussion”