Policy Discussion: Newbie Games

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #65 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:44 am

Post by JDodge »

Would an intermediate rank work? Any person who has finished at least one game would be considered an intermediate player as opposed to a new player, essentially cutting the newbie part of the newbie queue in half.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #84 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:50 pm

Post by JDodge »

Raffles wrote:I don't think it takes much to spice it up. If newbie games had a cop head-first, (since C9 is so favourable to the scum side anyway) then the town side has some information to start with. The flip side is that newbie cops might claim on the first day. Another one might be to add a town mason pair. Some ICs here might complain this is too complicated.
The average town win rate in a newbie game is roughly 33.52% at the moment. The average town win rate without the townie-only setup, however, increases to 34.18%, which tells me that any change will be trivial at best. It's good for newbies to experience being a townie.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #106 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:47 am

Post by JDodge »

Raffles wrote:What does everyone think of bringing modding requirements down to equal requirement with mini normal?
I'd have to disagree with that. You don't want a new mod screwing things up in a newbie game.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #108 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:04 am

Post by JDodge »

Raffles wrote:Same could be said for mini game.
A newbie game moreso, because the general impression that I got is that you should play a newbie game before you move up to a mini.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #119 (isolation #4) » Sun May 27, 2007 10:58 am

Post by JDodge »

Mr Stoofer wrote:As Flaymeister has already said somewhere else, games on this site take so long, that anyone who can't wait a week or so in the Newbie queue is not going to be able to cope with games here anyway...
You mean this?
JDodge wrote:I'd vote completed totally. Quality over quantity, y'know? And besides, if newbies aren't patient enough to wait in the queue, wouldn't they flee once they saw the pace of the game they get placed in?

Return to “Mafia Discussion”