Policy Discussion: "Normal"

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:33 pm

Post by bigAl »

Re: the discusion on 'normal' roles:
wiki, normal definition wrote:A normal game does not have to have any other roles other than Mafia and Townies. If it includes other roles, they should mostly be considered standard: Cop, Doc, Vigilante, Roleblocker, Mason, Traitor, Serial Killer.
Other (new or otherwise) roles can be included. However, there should be no more than 1-2 of these, and they should be based around the usual game mechanics: Killing, Protecting, Investigating, Voting.
That second paragraph is important. According to the current definition, there is nothing even preventing a mod to make up a new role or two and using if in a normal game. I would not consider it a normal game if it had new roles.

I don't have any objection to a bit of non-directly-mafia-related flavour in newbie games. I think that it makes them more interesting. If the mod includes a line in the PM that says something along the lines of "your role is functionally equivilant to a doctor in non themed games," even when their role name is a raspberry, and all the PM's are posted in one of the opening posts, it doesn't cause a noticeable amount of confusion.
Come play Metroplexity! Come play Unangband!

Return to “Mafia Discussion”