Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5409 (isolation #200) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:27 am

Post by Something_Smart »

If your read is PoE, I don't have anything to say except that your reasoning for townreading people is almost surely not as solid as you think it is. (This is true even in the case of reads that turn out to be right.)

If it's an actual read, then you should defer to the people who've played more with me recently, because my scumgame as of late basically hasn't bussed ever, even when my partner is under heavy pressure (which Farkran wasn't). Because of the way I play it's very easy to just act hesitant and wait for other people to run the wagon up or forget about it. And I never get towncred for bussing anyway.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5414 (isolation #201) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:45 am

In post 5410, NorwegianboyEE wrote:shading slots that didn’t scumread them
I did this? When?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5415 (isolation #202) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:46 am

In post 5411, NorwegianboyEE wrote:That is, your read and progression on Farkran didn’t feel natural.
Well... I'm sorry that you don't know how my brain works but you're assuming you do, I guess?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5416 (isolation #203) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:48 am

In post 5413, LegoLucy wrote:Who's the real scum, S_S?
If I had to pick probably you?

But I'm not confident in that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5418 (isolation #204) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:56 am

How is that shading? I just said you were digging your own grave if Fark is scum.

You were trying to paint it as though Fark was setting you up to get killed after he flipped scum. He wasn't, really. You were setting yourself up for that because of how weirdly and emphatically you were defending him. Regardless of your alignment (and indeed, after his flip I was feeling like you were fairly likely town because of how much of a throw defending him like that would have been).

I apologize if my urge to be snarky got in the way of clarity.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5422 (isolation #205) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:02 am

I don't know, 10-15?

This pattern has probably held the last 3-4 times I've been scum, at least.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5431 (isolation #206) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:13 am

In post 5427, Day wrote:I have a weird soulread on Lucy being town now ever since that one post she made yesterday.
Remind me which post?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5435 (isolation #207) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:16 am

My only reservation with Luca is that he deadass tried to push through a skitter execution instead of a Farkran one.

But if he can pull that off as scum and still have everyone townreading him, I'm fine with losing.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5437 (isolation #208) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:19 am

In post 5432, Day wrote:Oh, scum might've thought these were softs and that Mene had an inno of some kind on Lucy
Perhaps. But there are any number of reasons why he could be killed.

I actually think it's pretty plausible that scum-Lucy kills Menalque before he can change his mind on her.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5438 (isolation #209) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:23 am

In post 5434, Day wrote:Oops. This one:
Hmm.

I don't know that I've seen Isis's scumgame before, but this doesn't seem like a feeling that she'd be unable to replicate? Like it kinda has to do with out-of-game feelings.

When I think of what I've used to read her in the past it's usually when she has a flurry of thoughts that come stream-of-consciousness and seem to accurately reflect how a townie would be evaluating and changing their mind real-time. I believe she's done this as town in every recent game I've played with her? But I don't think she's done it here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5439 (isolation #210) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:25 am

In post 5436, Day wrote:lol but do you think he did it genuinely? His reasoning and pushes still feel natural and in good faith to me, even if they were wrong.
Well, it's hard to tell. I did feel like he wasn't fully engaging my defense of skitter and we were kinda talking past each other. Of course that can come from a tunneled townie, but I don't think it was clearly good faith.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5444 (isolation #211) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:31 am

In post 5440, Day wrote:It's an out-of-game feeling that'd have to be faked though, because it's dependent on her alignment
Well yes and no. The feeling of her not wanting to be misread by you can be real. The only fake part is just her being aware of this and remembering to post it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5445 (isolation #212) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:35 am

In post 5441, NorwegianboyEE wrote:How good is Skitter at reading you S_S?
Good, asterisk. I fooled her pretty hard in a recent scumgame, but I think that's the only time I have successfully fooled her.

I was a bit surprised to see her come out of that and call me town again without much paranoia, but if anything that makes her read even more trustworthy.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5446 (isolation #213) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:37 am

In post 5442, Day wrote:I mean, that's a possibility, but killing your one defender while everyone else has you in the PoE so early still seems a little dangerous.
Is it true that Lucy was in everyone else's PoE? It seemed to me that the consensus PoE was {me, Alisae} and the biggest threat to that would be Menalque flipping his read on Lucy.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5539 (isolation #214) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:18 pm

In post 5517, Day wrote:Speaking of, S_S, mind linking us to the town!Fark ISO which gave you that impression?
Not sure how to link the ISO specifically but this is the game
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5540 (isolation #215) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:20 pm

In post 5533, Alisae wrote:this game is over and the only reason why i just decided to vote ss or whatever is because lucy just seems townie but like it really doesn't matter to me so /shrug
Why doesn't it matter to you? If there's a chance you get executed tomorrow, then it matters a lot.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5543 (isolation #216) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:28 pm

I mean... if you die it doesn't matter, so you may as well optimize for the case where you do, no?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5544 (isolation #217) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:28 pm

If you don't die it doesn't matter*

I'm tired ok
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5572 (isolation #218) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:04 am

In post 5563, LegoLucy wrote:I'm p sure no lim is optimal
As long as there's any chance at all of a kill being blocked, it's not.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5575 (isolation #219) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:16 am

VOTE: Lucy
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5577 (isolation #220) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:29 am

That feels like it would defeat the whole purpose, though I guess you can WIFOM BP/doctor. But I also don't think waiting till ELO to massclaim is as dangerous as people make it out to be.

I will wait for a couple more people to chime in before complying. Also popcorn is stupid.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5589 (isolation #221) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:27 am

Porque no los dos?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5612 (isolation #222) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:25 pm

I'm waiting for Luca to weigh in, since you and Norwee disagree.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5614 (isolation #223) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:32 pm

People are really bad at respecting a claim order... but I'll take that as assent to the plan. I am not any killing or kill-stopping role.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5616 (isolation #224) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:36 pm

Me first, then Alisae.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5620 (isolation #225) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:39 pm

Because Norwee didn't want to do it. I still don't especially think it was right, since a no-exe today does very little for us when we have confirmed townies.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5622 (isolation #226) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:43 pm

I don't think there's a reason for you to claim, unless you think your claim would indicate that Day could be scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5626 (isolation #227) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:56 pm

I'm not opposed to massclaim, though Luca should make the final decision.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5629 (isolation #228) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:07 pm

VT.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5632 (isolation #229) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:10 pm

UNVOTE:

Results?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5635 (isolation #230) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:14 pm

I guess TA always gets inno on someone who's dead, since they're not allowed to communicate with anyone?

That's kinda weird.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5636 (isolation #231) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:15 pm

Yeah I guess the golden rule means that the kill resolves before the TA check since it affects it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5637 (isolation #232) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:15 pm

Did you soft your result on Chara?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5640 (isolation #233) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:16 pm

I think it's the first one.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5674 (isolation #234) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:44 pm

In post 5644, Luca Blight wrote:There's so little Town power in this game, which implies Lucy is probably town?
Is there though?

Vig is one confirmed townie. Disloyal roleblocker is... pretty much confirmable in the long term. If the enabler is the last scum alive then they have to take out the roleblocker asap, and if the enabler ever flips then the roleblocker's basically confirmed. The UB is probably half a confirmed townie, off of the chance that they inherit a confirmable role. (And even if they inherit the neighborizer, they still get confirmed to have a neighborizing power which is pretty compelling evidence for being UB.) The neighborizer has investigative power and can guilty scum members if they claim wrong.

Whereas, with the traffic analyst, you add in AT LEAST one confirmed townie, and likely more.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5676 (isolation #235) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:48 pm

If only there were a fourth role, like an even-night simple neighborizer.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5677 (isolation #236) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:48 pm

Which, incidentally, is also effectively a vanilla cop.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5679 (isolation #237) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:52 pm

Your role is basically confirmed if the enabler flips, though. That's two confirmed townies off the bat, and not a lot of power is needed on top of that to be balanced.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5682 (isolation #238) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:56 pm

In post 5680, LegoLucy wrote:it's not really confirmed because day could just be a scum roleblocker
But why do you ever claim disloyal roleblocker as a scum roleblocker? Like, you are effectively cutting off your own ability to use your role, since if you successfully block something you are immediately suspected.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5687 (isolation #239) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:04 pm

In post 5685, LegoLucy wrote:SS do you think I'm likely scum
Yeah, I do. I already leaned you over Alisae, and I think your claim makes for too much town power, and your night actions are convenient, and what you've done with them doesn't make much sense.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5688 (isolation #240) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:05 pm

In post 5686, Day wrote:don't first time designers love to cram stuff in? Last mafioso is probably stacked with some kind of role.
Depends on the person. And it would have to be a pretty strong role to balance the power if Lucy is town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5697 (isolation #241) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:20 pm

In post 5692, Alisae wrote:So who wants to chat while we wait for Norwee to put SS out of his misery.
Excuse me?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5700 (isolation #242) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:20 pm

In post 5699, NorwegianboyEE wrote:So we just do S_S and if that fails it’s Lucy?
Why rule Alisae out?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5703 (isolation #243) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:23 pm

Well, one of the three of us is going to have to be ruled out at some point. You and Luca and Day might as well decide on which one today so you can discuss among all three of you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5706 (isolation #244) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:29 pm

Why is that case rare? Because you townread Alisae, or because you scumread both me and Lucy?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5709 (isolation #245) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:36 pm

I mean, my play is pretty passive as either alignment, and Alisae's is pretty active as either alignment. Which parts did you specifically think were active town and not active scum?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5711 (isolation #246) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:38 pm

I suppose?

I would imagine that they would at least try to be a little subtle about it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5712 (isolation #247) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:39 pm

I mean, I agree with you that Alisae is less likely to be scum than Lucy, but I don't feel like it's because Alisae has been especially towny. (Reconsidering me today was probably the towniest thing they did, but now they've gone back on it, so it doesn't count for much.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5718 (isolation #248) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:45 pm

In post 5715, LegoLucy wrote:S_S you're not bad enough at mafia to think I can be scum here and I hate that you have to pretend to be
You mean mechanically, or dayplay-wise?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5721 (isolation #249) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:47 pm

In post 5674, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5644, Luca Blight wrote:There's so little Town power in this game, which implies Lucy is probably town?
Is there though?

Vig is one confirmed townie. Disloyal roleblocker is... pretty much confirmable in the long term. If the enabler is the last scum alive then they have to take out the roleblocker asap, and if the enabler ever flips then the roleblocker's basically confirmed. The UB is probably half a confirmed townie, off of the chance that they inherit a confirmable role. (And even if they inherit the neighborizer, they still get confirmed to have a neighborizing power which is pretty compelling evidence for being UB.) The neighborizer has investigative power and can guilty scum members if they claim wrong.

Whereas, with the traffic analyst, you add in AT LEAST one confirmed townie, and likely more.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5722 (isolation #250) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:48 pm

In post 5720, NorwegianboyEE wrote:It seems pretty obvious all other slots want S_S today. So i don’t think you’re getting out of this regardless S_S. Might as well share your final reads if town and tell us who we should eliminate in ElO.
Why should you trust my reads over your own?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5726 (isolation #251) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:50 pm

In post 5723, LegoLucy wrote:Both, S_S
I mean, I'm absolutely bad enough at reads to misread you. My read on you isn't even especially strong, and you haven't done the things that I've correctly townread you for in the past so I don't see why you would expect me to be reading you any differently.

Mechanically, well I made my argument and just re-quoted it. You're welcome to provide a counterargument, but nobody has.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5729 (isolation #252) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:52 pm

Scum traffic analyst, in all likelihood.

Or just a goon who felt like setting up a fakeclaim?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5730 (isolation #253) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:54 pm

In post 5728, Luca Blight wrote:I'm used to town being pretty stacked

In the mini normal I just won as scum, I was up against a Tracker, a N2,N3 Cop
and
a JK, along with an informed cop enabling miller (scum had a 2 shot vanilla cop and 1-shot RB)

And after the game I was told it was scum-sided lol
That doesn't feel that stacked to me. How do you compare it to this setup?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5732 (isolation #254) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:55 pm

I guess?

It's not like traffic analyst doesn't make sense in a setup without one.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5740 (isolation #255) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:04 pm

In post 5733, Luca Blight wrote:Well, no role in this setup is as strong as any of {Tracker, N2, N3 Cop, JK}
Disloyal roleblocker is definitely stronger than JK or tracker. Vig is probably stronger than tracker, as well.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5742 (isolation #256) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:05 pm

I mean, only if you're also town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5747 (isolation #257) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:08 pm

In post 5744, LegoLucy wrote:S_S are you actually misreading me? :(

This is sad

And I don't know how to solve
I don't understand what's that sad about it, it's not like I'm a god of scumhunting or anything.

And besides if you're town I'm not the one you need to convince.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5750 (isolation #258) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:09 pm

In post 5746, Luca Blight wrote:you think novice 1 shot vig is stronger than ungated tracker? lol
Tracker is really not good in a 3 scum game. It really only becomes valuable when one scum remains.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5755 (isolation #259) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:11 pm

In post 5752, Alisae wrote:If it's not SS it's Luca
now that you know I'm flipping green you still don't trust my opinion on balance?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5762 (isolation #260) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:15 pm

I mean the N1 and N2 targets can't be useful because then she'd be clearing someone she needs to mis-exe. And the N3 target is completely irrelevant since there was only one scum left.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5763 (isolation #261) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:16 pm

In post 5761, Alisae wrote:also SS if u flip town it shouldn't matter cause lucy is the shot here unless lucy wants to force the 1v1 between someone
huh? why would Lucy ever be NK'd over Norwee or Day?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5769 (isolation #262) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:18 pm

In post 5764, Alisae wrote:Also shouldn't Lucy's N2 result be a guilty not an inno since the hood gets formed and then the investigation happens?
No, because Ydrasse dies before the investigation happens and dead players cannot legally communicate with anyone.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5842 (isolation #263) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:58 am

In post 5789, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Well that was rude.
I know. I did it on the off chance that iv wasn't gonna count Day's vote. Sorry :/
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5843 (isolation #264) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:58 am

In post 5791, Menalque wrote:S_S, did u believe my softs?
No.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5845 (isolation #265) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:00 am

In post 5812, Isis wrote:Why would you hurt me on purpose
Considering I only got hammered because Alisae misunderstood what a traffic analyst was, I think it was justified.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5851 (isolation #266) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:12 am

Oh also, it was annoying to see people ignoring my setup discussion and not engaging with it when it was mostly genuine. I don't know if the setup was townsided or not, but it certainly felt it. To win I would have had to mis-exe all the available targets except for two (skitter and Menalque), and that would have been except for one if Lucy had gotten any innos.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5853 (isolation #267) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:14 am

In post 5849, Menalque wrote:Why did u kill me then lol?
Because you were never getting executed and I didn't want you blocking a Lucy execution.

And I mean come on, I'm terrified of you :lol:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5856 (isolation #268) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:20 am

Well it doesn't matter, because she was a PR q.q

Even trying to ignore my experience this game, I think the setup's townsided. Vig is untouchable. TA is good for one clear, probably two. RB gets cleared if scum die fast, and TA gets stronger if they don't. UB basically negates the first PR kill so that scum have to spend all their time shooting PR's or be overrun by them (and a single rolecop shot is not enough to ensure that they can do that).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5866 (isolation #269) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:46 am

PR's didn't do that much, they only took away likely executions on Day, Norwee, and Lucy.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5869 (isolation #270) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:53 am

Yes it's sarcasm lol

PR's killed every mis-execution we were hoping to get except for PP (and even that one was a struggle).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5883 (isolation #271) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:43 am

In post 5877, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:p sure scum win this if they dont bus fark d2.

fark had norwee, luca, day hardpocketed and thats enough to control thread forever.
Day voted Fark...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5887 (isolation #272) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:46 am

Sure, but that could have happened anyway.

I think Fark goes down D2 or D3 in all worlds and if I don't bus then I have no recourse at all against PoE.

Plus, if Ali hadn't pulled the trick, then Fark might not have died right away despite the bus.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5889 (isolation #273) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:46 am

What momentum? I have zero momentum as either alignment.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5892 (isolation #274) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:48 am

Whereas skitter and Menalque were gaining momentum, rather quickly. I think it's likely that they would have changed the mind of one of those people before consensus was reached on anyone else.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5894 (isolation #275) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:49 am

In post 5890, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:luca got more town cred off hard defending fark than you did bussing him.
He did? I don't think people townread him more after Fark flipped than they did before it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5897 (isolation #276) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:54 am

In post 5895, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:yea sometimes really believing in a wrong read looks better than a bad progression on a flip.
Sure but sitting there and doing nothing while my buddy gets wagoned looks even worse, especially since I've done that in front of the same people before :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5955 (isolation #277) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:54 am

In post 5947, Alisae wrote:I just guessed SS was scum based off of years of experience where there's always that 1 guy on the scumteam that can't keep up
lolwut
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5958 (isolation #278) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:56 am

okay but I was also like myself in, like, half of my towngames
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5980 (isolation #279) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:36 pm

Hi mastina!

I think the consensus is that it was a decent bit townsided. The way the game played out, the RB enabler flipping basically cleared the RB on the basis that a scum RB would not claim disloyal, which is an interaction that was probably pretty hard to see coming. But even without that, we had the potential for 3-4 clears in the vig, the UB inheriting the vig, the TA, and the TA check (though she happened to not get any innos, but she did get a guilty).

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”