Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by Netlava »

Hello :)

I will read the thread and post sometime today, definitely.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:47 pm

Post by Netlava »

Well, I promised a post and here it is. Sleep beckons, and tomorrow is another day. :P
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:51 pm

Post by Netlava »

Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:15 pm

Post by Netlava »

Hello, I finished skimming the thread. I'd like to reread some parts more thoroughly before I post who I think is scum. While reading through the thread, I felt that everyone was scummy. Interestingly enough, we had 2 deaths after the first night which I wasn't aware of until reaching the night scene. Thus, I concluded that a SK was likelier than a vig. Add in the fact that DDD and Amish both seemed town to me.

Then Light-Kun claims vig after I conclude that an SK was more likely a vig. Hmm...

Like I said, I want to re-read before I post who I think is scum. I find multiple people scummy, but I subscribe to a policy of just focusing on one person.

I'd also like to note that Light-Kun's playing style is different. I didn't necessarily find it scummy, but not pro-town either. So, really, all signs point to SK, right?

But I need to reread first before I say anything x_x

Also, if Light-Kun is indeed an SK, it may not be optimal to lynch him yet. Just a thought.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:18 pm

Post by Netlava »

Just to clarify, I DO find some certain persons scummier than Light-Kun, and I suppose lynching these certain unnamed scummier persons may be preferable.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:27 pm

Post by Netlava »

Sorry for the delay. I will probably post later today.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:56 pm

Post by Netlava »

First off, I do think Light is more likely SK/scum, but I think it can wait for a day.

Alright, here's my pick:
Vote: JereIC

Mizz, if you’re short on time, you should try skimming the posts during your busy days and do more thorough readings when you’ve got more free time. When you skim, take note of what seems suspicious, and why, and then you can make a quick post about it. When you do the more thorough readings, try to think through what everyone is saying, see if it’s logical, if it’s consistent with what they’ve said previously, and if it’s something you think a townie would say. If everything works right, you find somebody who’s lying out of his ass and vote for him (just like politics!). As for people being mean, you gotta remember this game is basically where we pretend to gang up and kill each other. Tensions are going to rise and feelings will be hurt (especially for the people who turn out to be mafia).
Too long and too nice. Post-padding!! I dunno, it just seems insincere.
I have to agree with na85 that Light-kun’s post was picking a troll. You can argue that na85 is active lurking by just agreeing with other people, but Light-kun’s post was just picking a fight without reason.
Not sure, I think posting this type of stuff without having some sort of conclusion is scummy.
DDD seems to be constantly reversing his position and twisting his own words in response to anyone accusing him of saying something odd. In post 177,
The way this is worded is suspicious. I think scum would be more likely to word it as "constantly reversing his position and twisting his own words." Why? Because it's a bit overdone. Plus constantly reversing his position is in the present tense. I would word it as the past tense in order to be more accurate.
Freeko, your posts have lost all touch with reality, and I'm leaning towards voting you now. DDD has responded very coolly and rationally under pressure, and while it may be an act, it looks a lot better in comparison to you totally freaking the hell out crazy-style for no apparent reason.
Don't like the wording "lost all touch with reality." I also think it's more likely to be used by scum. Plus, he "leans towards voting" freeko. It seems a bit opportunistic.
Light's 372 is pure BS.
Histrionics? Especially in the context of the rest of his post.
However, if only one of us is scum, and there's three scum total, then killing all three of us screws town. The doc would have to get lucky for the town to win.
I just don't see town considering this.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (isolation #8) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by Netlava »

To summarize: I find the way he words things scummy.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:27 am

Post by Netlava »

Okay... well, if you don't agree, that's your opinion.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (isolation #10) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:54 pm

Post by Netlava »

Sorry for my grumpy post in response to people calling my case weak... that is, if you happened to interpret it that way, in which case that's your problem, not mine. 8-)

But essentially, I've committed to calling JereIC scum, so I need to follow through and lynch him, am I right?
Why did my comment to Mizz seem insincere?
To me, I don't see myself posting such a long post so nicely to what I felt was a hopeless cause. So it seemed like you were padding your posts.
Why isn't "LK is a troll" a satisfactory conclusion to my observation about his post?
It's not satisfactory because I would accompany such a conclusion with some sort of conclusion about scumminess. Trolling for the sake of trolling would be a strange occurrence in mafia.
How is the present tense more suspicious than the past tense?
Because it's more dramatic, whereas the past tense is more accurate. The present tense suggests that whatever is being referred to is a continuing repeat occurrence. Past tense is like calling it like it is. This specifically applies to that quote I quoted btw.
Why are you uncertain about whether me calling BS on Light is histrionics or not, and what do you mean "[e]specially in context"?
I was suggesting that the rest of your post does not follow. You posted that Light's post is pure BS, an emphatic statement. The rest of your post was drawn up rather weakly. I was expecting a more emphatic follow-up to accompany such an emphatic accusation.
Why wouldn't town weight and consider flaws with that plan (or reject it outright if there's a flaw that's obvious to everyone besides me)? Just in general, huh?
Suggesting yourself as a possible lynch target just seems counterintuitive.
- Netlava thinks L-k is likely SK/scum now, whereas before likely SK. If you think there is more than a very outside chance of L-k being scum, you should say why, because that is a very different thing from him being SK, and it is scummy that you are happy with not lynching him. If I thought L-k was probable SK with a non-negligible chance of mafia, I'd be pressing hard for a lynch.
I think we should wait a day for reasons concerning the town's disadvantaged position atm.

Anyways, I haven't read all the new posts yet. That will occur, possibly tomorrow.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (isolation #11) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:30 pm

Post by Netlava »

Netlava: What do you think of Fish and DtF who are distinctly connected to Jere by Jere himself? If Jere is scum, what of these two?
I don't consider this a connection. As for what I think of them, it is a mystery...!

But actually, this could be construed as an attempt on Jere's part to link himself to other players, which would also be scummy.
Trolling is anti-town, but not necessarily scummy. Calling it out is the same thing as calling out somebody for lurking or posting conclusions without rationale.
Well, I don't agree here. I think trolling usually has some intent behind it.
I don't mean to be a jackass, but you wrote this paragraph all in the present tense.
The line, "This specifically applies to that quote I quoted btw," defends against such a comeback.
Well, if you think my case against LK was weak that's your problem, not mine.
The difference here is that you announced that LK's post was pure BS. So it was more so that the rest of your post was out of place in comparison to the pure BS accusation.
Your current explanation doesn't match your previous behavior, so either you were lying then or are lying now.
Huh? Are you calling me a liar??

The part of your post where you outlined the pros of your plan isn't really relevant to my accusation.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by Netlava »

Well, if there's any specific part that's confusing, then I'll be sure to clarify. But I don't think the whole post was confusing.
Well, I don't agree here. I think trolling usually has some intent behind it.
Just stating my opinion that trolling without intent is unusual, which is why I find your comment about Light trolling strange.

As a side note, I think that it would make sense for Light to troll as an SK, if he were trolling. That way he could get into a heated argument and look active and possibly lessen the chance of getting NK'd.
The line, "This specifically applies to that quote I quoted btw," defends against such a comeback.
The line I was referring to in this quote was made in anticipation of the comment that you made about my post being written in the present tense.
The difference here is that you announced that LK's post was pure BS. So it was more so that the rest of your post was out of place in comparison to the pure BS accusation.
Here, I was was commenting on the tone of your "LK's post was pure BS" post. Going back to the post:

> Light's 372 is pure BS.
> This is badgering, trying to make somebody who has made a good point doubt their own arguments because you claim it's crap and scummy. (Sort of like this.)
> As Fishy said, intentional provocation is a convenient defense for scum. Additionally, your story doesn't make sense because Nuwen and freeko hadn't said anything about you until you
> posted your percentages, but their percentages are fairly low. Finally, you ignore the fact that Amished was a townie, perhaps indicating that reacting to your percentages isn't a great
> scumtell?
> Another paragraph of badgering and "intentional provocation" claim, with a touch of trying to shift suspicion. I'm just not buying it.

I just noticed that you mentioned something about intentional provocation. I'll have to look through that stuff again later (note to self).

Anyways, my problem with this post is that the "Light's post is pure BS" part looks out of place from the rest of the post. Imo, the "pure BS" comment's tone is a lot stronger than the rest of the post. Which means that I suspect the "pure BS" comment to possibly be an instance of overplayed suspicions.
Huh? Are you calling me a liar??
I think this is the most important part. Accusing someone of lying is a pretty hefty accusation, something that would definitely be accompanied by a vote or at least some sort of comment about alignment.

Mod: Prod Nuwen
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by Netlava »

I don't think the flavor means anything. I'm still leaning SK on LK.
- Just saying something "specifically applies" isn't a defense.
I meant that the present tense isn't a general case. So your comment about me using the present tense doesn't mean anything.
- And no, the lying thing was part of me being a jackass yesterday.
So you lied when you accused me of lying?
Lk's the killer whale, who killed DDD, who was found dead with a single red dot on his chest. If you're not going to bother keeping your lies straight, don't bother wasting our time with them.
Do you think LK is scum or SK?
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (isolation #14) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:49 pm

Post by Netlava »

Sorry for not posting. I am really busy. I'll try to post later tonight.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (isolation #15) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by Netlava »

1st off lynching lk is retarded and and any talk of it should be and will be considered anti town to me.
Nop, don't agree.

I re-skimmed fishy's post. I am planning on re-reading his post in depth and the case against him, but as it stands, I don't think he is scum. The only thing that bothers me is this:
You read like a scum desperately trying to get a townie lynched, or a hopelessly tunnelled townie.
...mostly for the townie part. But my conclusion on him is not scum.

Also, I am also planning to re-read Dtf :eyeroll:, but I'm also leaning not scum on him too.
All I know is that post 555 appears to be an incredible lie. I don't believe that LK is a killer whale with a gun to shoot people tucked under his blubber.
But I think there must be some opinion on which one he is since it makes a difference whether to lynch him or not.
No, I just didn’t consider the possibility that I misunderstood what you were saying. But there is still an inconsistency that you haven’t explained yet.
What inconsistency is that?
Ok, if you had to state a rule for when the present tense is scummy, what would that rule be?
I was specifically referring to this:

> DDD seems to be constantly reversing his position and twisting his own words in response to anyone accusing him of saying something odd.

Imo, I believe town would say something like, "DDD has reversed his position" instead. That is more akin to calling it like it is without the exaggeration. The way you worded it is less accurate because it suggests a continuing occurrence.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (isolation #16) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:45 pm

Post by Netlava »

For clarification, here are the quoted persons in order:

1) tubby
2) fishy
3, 4, 5) jereIC
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (isolation #17) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:39 pm

Post by Netlava »

Wait, hold on, no one hammer fishy, especially not while I posting right now.

Are we human? Or are we dancer?

JereIC - 1 (Netlava)
FishytheFish - 4 (Light-kun, tubby216, Jazzmyn, JereIC)

Looker - 1 (HowardRoark)
Jazzmyn - 1 (FishytheFish)

Not Voting - 2 (DraketheFake, Looker)

9 alive, 5 to lynch

FishytheFish is L-1

-Mod

(Vote Count accurate as of Post 636)
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (isolation #18) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:02 pm

Post by Netlava »

So apparently, looker voted fishy while drunk. I hope she's sober enough now to give reasons, and maybe explain why she still hasn't unvoted or given a follow-up on her L-1 vote.

So, yeah, no one hammer, not while we have a "drunk vote" on the wagon. Also, tubby hasn't offered a reason for his vote either.
Jazzmyn wrote:As I said previously, Fishy is most suspicious to me. He went V/LA for a bit, which is the only reason I didn't vote him sooner (see prior posts) but nothing he has posted since his return has changed my mind.
Fishy did not go V/LA in this game. He posted limited access at one point, but continued posting normally.

@JereIC: You still haven't answered though whether you think LK is SK or scum.
JereIC wrote:You quoted the part of my kill-'em-all plan discussion where I said there was a big risk that there was only one scum in the group, so killing us all would screw town, and said a townie wouldn't consider "this". Later, you said that a pro-town wouldn't suggest himself as a lynch target. That explanation seems inconsistent with the part you quoted - how do you get from me criticizing the plan to me suggesting myself as a lynch target?
I believe you were the one who brought up the plan.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (isolation #19) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Netlava »

HowardRoark wrote:Netlava posted once (the second I am not counting as it should not be counted as an EBWOP) two days after the L-1 vote was in place . . . without a comment about it.
I hadn't noticed that fishy was L-1 yet.
JereIC wrote:
Net - I think LK is pro-town.
Earlier you said this:

> First, the reason I think LK is lying is not just that it doesn't make sense flavor-wise.

Uh, these are polar opposites...
JereIC wrote:Yes, I brought up the up the kill-'em-all plan. You quoted the part where I tore it down. Why?
Does it make a difference? You still brought up the plan. I quoted the part:

> However, if only one of us is scum, and there's three scum total, then killing all three of us screws town.

Because it illustrates my point. My point being that I don't think town would say "one of us is scum."
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (isolation #20) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:55 pm

Post by Netlava »

JereIC wrote:Net- To make my position clearer, I think LK is pro-town, and is clumsily trying a lie that he thinks will expose scum.
This is a really strange position to take, to say the least. How will his "lie" expose scum, and how did you reach such a conclusion? FTR, you voted him earlier for lying.
HowardRoark wrote:Post 600 (at the top of the page) was a vote count post; not an "edited to add vote count" post. It included a bolded note that Fishythefish was at L-1. FoS Netlava
So it's unreasonable for me to miss something? I blame the orange font.

But even if I WERE to miss the L-1 vote on purpose, I wouldn't gain anything from it.

Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.

JereIC - 1 (Netlava)
FishytheFish - 4 (Light-kun, tubby216, Jazzmyn, JereIC)
Looker - 1 (HowardRoark)
Jazzmyn - 2 (FishytheFish, Looker)

Not Voting - 1 (DraketheFake)

9 alive, 5 to lynch

FishytheFish is L-1

Deadline - 0
No Deadline - 1 (HowardRoark)

Not Voting - 8 (Netlava, JereIC, FishytheFish, Light-kun, tubby216, Jazzmyn, Looker, DraketheFake)

-Mod

(Vote Count accurate as of Post 664)
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (isolation #21) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:30 pm

Post by Netlava »

A post will be posted tonight! *exciting*
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (isolation #22) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:12 pm

Post by Netlava »

Here it is. I think tomorrow sounds better, anyway.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (isolation #23) » Sat May 02, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by Netlava »

JereIC wrote:Net - in a nutshell, scum has no incentive to claim a species that is more dangerous than they actually are, so LK's claim of being a killer whale when it's not likely he is makes him seem pro-town.
An SK would also have an incentive under your theory. Perhaps an SK would think it would lessen the chance of him getting NKed.
LK wrote:If JereIC is scum, Fishy isn't scum. (No scum would do this to their own partner.) If Fishy is scum, JereIC isn't scum.

Net: Think we should go with Fishy assuming the above?
I don't like to think in either-or statements.
Fishythefish wrote:In a similar vein, I am convinced Howard is scum.
Your vote isn't on anyone in particular. IIRC, you said this about several other players too. Who are your suspects?

Uhh... I mostly skimmed the posts. I'll post again later and be more thorough.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (isolation #24) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:24 pm

Post by Netlava »

fishy wrote:To be clear- this was meant entirely in jest, to illustrate the logical structure of Jere's argument, which attacked me for a position despite not holding it.
What about the other cases? You did post something along these lines for other people too.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (isolation #25) » Sat May 09, 2009 8:09 pm

Post by Netlava »

Ah shoot, I really want to reread before I post anything. So I will reread. Just not now, of course.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (isolation #26) » Sat May 09, 2009 8:29 pm

Post by Netlava »

JereIC wrote:Guy with a gun could be a wildlife research who has a gun for self-defense, or a vet who has a gun for euthanasia, or a hunter who's here to hunt albatross or seals. There's lots of not-quite-anti-town possibilities.

Killer whales eat penguins. There's not a lot of flavor wiggle room with that.
You do realize that it's just a theory, an elaborate one at that, with some questionable connections. I think it's a little strange that you think him town just because of some theory considering that you were pretty strongly on his initial wagon and you revoted him later.

Also, @ Light, I'm not sure if you've addressed this, but what do you think of JereIC's theory? Did you by any chance address his theory yet?
Howard wrote:@Netlava: I understand that you want to focus on one player at a time, but if JereIC were not in the game who would your target be and why?
My target? I don't like to think that I have some sort of "target" - that makes it seem like I'm just picking someone to accuse. But to answer your question, lemme answer it a little later. (I'm kinda unsure right now)
fishy wrote:
netlava wrote:What about the other cases? You did post something along these lines for other people too.
I don't quite know what you mean.
I meant that you said you were convinced someone was scum multiple times earlier. I was a little confused where you stood.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (isolation #27) » Fri May 15, 2009 6:12 pm

Post by Netlava »

I believe this is lylo... which means no voting for the time being.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (isolation #28) » Fri May 15, 2009 6:16 pm

Post by Netlava »

My thoughts on everyone:

DraketheFake - town
JereIC - scum
Light-kun - SK
Jazzmyn - scum
HowardRoark - not sure, but leaning town atm
tubby216 - scum
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (isolation #29) » Sat May 16, 2009 6:41 am

Post by Netlava »

The NK choice is a bit surprising, but I don't think it necessarily weakens DtF's claim. The scum may have been aware that they were leaving the claimed doctor alive and therefore chose someone who was less likely to be protected.

@ Light: I don't think you've addressed JereIC's killer whale theory yet.
Howard wrote:Assuming three scum, then yes. Also, thank you for sharing your list (although a day after I asked for just one alternative suspect). What brings you to these conclusions? Especially that Light-kun is a SK and not a Vig.
Well, I'll have to go through the thread and post why, probably sometime later. But replacing into the game, JereIC and Nuwen were my top suspects.

LK doesn't seem pro-town to me, hence the SK. His playing style is different and he seems to be a bit more "hostile." Which makes sense as the SK if he's trying to stay alive.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (isolation #30) » Mon May 18, 2009 4:08 pm

Post by Netlava »

I am a penguin. I pick tubby next.
LK wrote:Either way, I am very certain Howard is mafia, but this has almost no case behind it...
Cases are needed... so explain (or manufacture) the best you can.

Has anyone noticed that LK STILL has not addressed the killer whale theory? It was mentioned like 1000x times already.
JereIC wrote: You have to explain your opinions now, so please explain why you don't think tubby is scum.
While we're at it, explain why you think tubby is scum.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (isolation #31) » Mon May 18, 2009 7:34 pm

Post by Netlava »

Huh? I don't see a slip.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (isolation #32) » Mon May 18, 2009 7:51 pm

Post by Netlava »

For clarification, I'm an Adelie penguin. I thought we were doing species only, but I guess we're more than that.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (isolation #33) » Mon May 18, 2009 8:04 pm

Post by Netlava »

Saying, "I am a penguin" sounds cooler than "I am an Adelie penguin." That's why I left out the Adelie.

Somewhere far along this road he lost his soul - to a woman so heartless.

Not Voting - 1 (Jazzmyn, Netlava, Light-kun, JereIC, tubby216, HowardRoark, DraketheFake)

7 alive, 4 to lynch

-Mod

(Vote Count accurate as of Post 807)
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (isolation #34) » Mon May 18, 2009 8:07 pm

Post by Netlava »

And how would I know that there's more than one species of penguin in the game? I wouldn't.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (isolation #35) » Mon May 18, 2009 8:16 pm

Post by Netlava »

I saw your claim. That doesn't mean I can accept it for sure without knowing your alignment.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (isolation #36) » Tue May 19, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by Netlava »

JereIC wrote:First off, just because you don't accept his claim doesn't mean you don't have to distinguish your claim from his. How does that even make sense?
I'm not sure what you mean here.
JereIC wrote:Secondly, you said in post 768 that you think DtF is pro-town. If you're not sure of his claim, why don't you lean towards him being scum?
> I saw your claim. That doesn't mean I can accept it
for sure
without knowing your alignment.

Key word.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (isolation #37) » Thu May 21, 2009 5:34 pm

Post by Netlava »

I actually think LK might be vig looking at the role-claims.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (isolation #38) » Thu May 21, 2009 5:36 pm

Post by Netlava »

Also, I just can't get past the fact that he still believes that Light-kun is SK seeing as how there wasn't a second kill last night.
SKs are not always required to kill. Most of the time, they're free to choose, especially in mini normals.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (isolation #39) » Thu May 21, 2009 5:47 pm

Post by Netlava »

In defense of Zeenon, when I replaced in, I originally thought he might have faked his outburst. But then I checked who I replaced, and it turns out he's not scum. I suppose it's more likely to be genuinely angry than to be angry, since there's no point in faking it.

As for my "passivity," I point out that no one except for fishy was in danger of being lynched yesterday.

Lastly, it's interesting to note that my suspects are the last to point out who they find scummy today.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (isolation #40) » Sun May 24, 2009 8:18 am

Post by Netlava »

Are you switching back to Light-kun SK? If not, why bother mentioning it?
My post was in response to this:

> Also, I just can't get past the fact that he still believes that Light-kun is SK seeing as how there wasn't a second kill last night.

Basically, I was saying that it is not scummy to think LK is an SK. (Why would it be?) SKs usually do not have to kill every night - check other games if you want.
It is interesting. Even more interesting is the fact that you neither mention apparently dropping JereIC as a suspect nor why Jazzmyn and tubby216 have become your suspects.
Where did you get the idea that I've dropped JereIC as a suspect? And I'm planning to make a post (if needed that is) on who my other suspects are.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (isolation #41) » Thu May 28, 2009 6:55 pm

Post by Netlava »

Howard wrote:Based on the fact that you said "Lastly, it's interesting to note that my suspects are the last to point out who they find scummy today." (which I quoted). Since JereIC had already named his vote preference, that statement seems to exclude him from your suspects.
JereIC gave his list of suspects after others did.

Anyways, Jazzmyn is someone I do suspect but that never-ending re-read that is never going to come (oops I said it) has to come first before I decide on anything. It should be interesting how other people react though. At this point, my main cause for concern is that I have the scum as Jereic, tubby, and jazz, but I haven't definitively concluded that due to Howard being a question mark, and I'm still in the process of contemplating.

My main beef with Jazz was that she found me suspicious for mostly meta reasons. And her comment how she would have voted fish earlier if it weren't for his (non-existent) v/la seemed off.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (isolation #42) » Fri May 29, 2009 9:48 am

Post by Netlava »

I'm not comfortable with multiple wagons during Lylo. It makes it easier for scum to quicklynch at any given moment. We should really decide on who to lynch before voting.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (isolation #43) » Fri May 29, 2009 9:49 am

Post by Netlava »

Howard, what did you find scummy about tubby's last post?
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (isolation #44) » Fri May 29, 2009 4:55 pm

Post by Netlava »

First off, judging from the lack of reasoning that Howard gave afterwards, Howard's vote was reckless and loses him town cred in my book.

I do think that DtF is the most likely to be town from the players remaining and I do find Jazz suspicious so the Jazz wagon is the wagon that I would be the most likely to support atm. Then again, I'm still not sure.
tubby wrote:i am an adelie peguin who is a role cole. i cannot tell alignment but i can tell you what there role is and this is what i found out from two investigations,

nite 1 lk is the vig

nite 2 jereic is townie
When you received your results, did they actually appear as "vig" or "townie"? I would think a role cop in this game would receive results of "Adelie penguin" or such. Also, why did you target JereIC night 2?
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (isolation #45) » Sat May 30, 2009 8:14 am

Post by Netlava »

First off, I'm male. (correcting some pronoun use)
Howard wrote:It may appear reckless, but it is a technique. I removed the vote when I did because it was bed time. I was refreshing the game frequently to see if anyone jumped on the vote. I had an unvote post prepared in another tab to avoid a quicklynch.
Were you refreshing the whole time or something?
Howard wrote:This is great. You have only offered "My main beef with Jazz was that she found me suspicious for mostly meta reasons. And her comment how she would have voted fish earlier if it weren't for his (non-existent) v/la seemed off." to explain you desire to vote Jazzmyn.
Why do you think this is bad, then?

@ tubby

When you received your results, did they actually appear as "vig" or "townie"? I would think a role cop in this game would receive results of "Adelie penguin" or such. Also, why did you target JereIC night 2?
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (isolation #46) » Sat May 30, 2009 9:45 am

Post by Netlava »

JereIC is my primary suspect. If other people want him lynched too, then I suppose he would be the topic of discussion. And I did suspect tubby and Jazzmyn yesterday, but I didn't want to reveal it quite yet.

I think the fact that DtF, who I think is town, placed a vote on Jazzmyn without resulting in a quickhammer is a bit incriminating on Jazz. On the other hand, I'm not as sure about your alignment, so it doesn't necessarily incriminate tubby.

But now that I have a chance to think about it, tubby's claim is pretty shady. I mean he says he can't tell alignment, but he gives results of "vig" and "townie." That's one overpowered role cop.

I guess I will actually follow through and re-read Nuwen. My main problem with Nuwen that I recall when replacing in the game was that I didn't like the way she attacked Zeenon. But I'm a little fuzzy on what exactly I didn't like.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (isolation #47) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:53 pm

Post by Netlava »

Howard, can you summarize why you find me scummy? You see, many of your accusations are in question format. I could answer the questions... which I probably will, just not now. I'm still trying to get a read on you, so a summary would help so I can get a good "feel" of your alignment.

Also, some of your accusations are presumptive e.g. "You are busy playing to the crowd by being uncertain of tubby216 and Jazzmyn, both of whom are in everyone's eyes." (Err... being uncertain =/= playing to the crowd).
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (isolation #48) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:15 am

Post by Netlava »

Yeah, I have to go with tubby too. I think it's the surest bet for a scum lynch today.

Vote: Tubby
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (isolation #49) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:24 pm

Post by Netlava »

Tubby's claim is a huge strike. I just don't see happening, period. There's my case.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (isolation #50) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:37 pm

Post by Netlava »

Oh, btw, after looking things over and thinking things through. I am now leaning scum on Howard. I don't like his vote and unvote of tubby where he claims afterward that it was a technique to draw scum out. I'm mean, I'm suspicious of trying to draw people out at this stage of the game in the first place, but more importantly, he says "I'm going to adjust and focus on tubby first." Then he restates his suspicion of tubby. Then he unvotes and declares it mostly a technique when I questioned his sudden voting based on little evidence and prior indication.

Also, I don't like how he says I'm more scummy than anybody else. Ridiculous! I'm pretty sure I'm less scummy than tubby. Then he proceeds to search for breadcrumbs for tubby.

Also, much of his case against me is presumptive. See above post where I give one example.

This means that I my first post where I posted today with my suspicions would be incorrect somewhere. Where exactly where, I'm not sure. It doesn't matter. In fact, I'm not sold on howard being scum yet either. I think tubby though is scum for sure. Too many problems with his claim.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (isolation #51) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:44 am

Post by Netlava »

How did those two appear town while everyone felt scummy?
By everyone seeming scummy, I didn't mean everyone. Mostly the players that were alive.
Seeing him as a SK, he can wait; but as scum, why? The rest of post 7 is the case against JereIC. I will highlight this piece
I didn't want to discount the possibility of LK being scum quite yet.
So you thought his outburst were faked? To what end?
I thought it may have been faked before checking who I replaced and realizing that there is no point in faking outbursts.
HR wrote:
I do think that DtF is the most likely to be town from the players remaining
Why?
That's my read on him.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (isolation #52) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:48 pm

Post by Netlava »

tubby216 wrote:here is what i do not understand, i cleared LK and i cleared JereIC thats two confirmed pro- town players, and yet these are the guys that want me lynched.
Good point! How did you manage to not get quicklynched with 2 "confirmed" pro-town players on your wagon? (Admittedly, JereIC jumped off your wagon).

And obvious fakeclaim is obvious. You just said earlier that you couldn't determine alignment.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (isolation #53) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by Netlava »

JereIC and Howard are scum I think.

Do You Want Love Or You Want Fame?

Not voting - 5 (HowardRoark, JereIC, The Replacement, Netlava, Light-kun)

5 alive, 3 to lynch

-Mod

(Vote Count accurate as of Post 916)
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (isolation #54) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by Netlava »

My case against JereIC still applies. Off the top of my head, the most major point again JereIC was that he called me a liar while not necessarily being suspicious of me. Which is inconsistent, as calling someone a liar involves being suspicious of them in this game.

I also didn't like his unvote of tubby at L-1. A townie vote to put someone at L-1 is very likely to result in a quickhammer, so if JereIC were town, he would realize this and not unvote to "think about it more," as by that point it is too late.

Now that DtF is confirmed town, I'm a bit confused why the Replacement wasn't hammered. This is my biggest question mark against him, but I think it's quite possible that the scum weren't well-coordinated enough to hammer. So between Replacement/Howard, I'm still debating who is scum, though at this point I'm leaning scum on Howard. I think JereIC is my top pick for today, with Howard as my second pick.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #905 (isolation #55) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:07 pm

Post by Netlava »

Care to explain why it's "false"?
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (isolation #56) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:20 am

Post by Netlava »

JereIC wrote:Your current explanation doesn't match your previous behavior, so either you were lying then or are lying now.
Netlava wrote:Huh? Are you calling me a liar??
Netlava wrote:I think this is the most important part. Accusing someone of lying is a pretty hefty accusation, something that would definitely be accompanied by a vote or at least some sort of comment about alignment.
JereIC wrote:- And no, the lying thing was part of me being a jackass yesterday.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (isolation #57) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by Netlava »

Um... yes you were. Dtf's town vote + 3 scum = hammer. Which now that I think of it, is pretty suspicious.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (isolation #58) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am

Post by Netlava »

I just realized something... Howard voted for me and I was at L-2 yesterday. If Howard were town, I would have been more likely to be hammered (as opposed to the Replacement's L-3). Since I know I'm town, this increases Howard's scumminess by quite a bit.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (isolation #59) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:32 pm

Post by Netlava »

Hmm... I think HR is my top suspect now. I think I'll probably be voting HR.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (isolation #60) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:26 pm

Post by Netlava »

I'm sticking with my initial thoughts of JereIC and HR both being scum.

HR gets the nod simply for voting me yesterday.

Vote: HowardRoark
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (isolation #61) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by Netlava »

It's not an OMGUS vote with the reasoning I had behind it.

Plus, things change. JereIC was the top suspect. But certain things, like obvious fakeclaims shift things around. In your case, voting me bumped your scumminess up just over him.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (isolation #62) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 am

Post by Netlava »

Hello.

Goodbye!
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (isolation #63) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:36 am

Post by Netlava »

Something makes me uncomfortable... Why JereIC over HR?
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (isolation #64) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:47 am

Post by Netlava »

Bleh... good game I guess. =/
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (isolation #65) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by Netlava »

I liked the penguin theme. The killer whale especially. I didn't think of the water bullet idea.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (isolation #66) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:17 pm

Post by Netlava »

Hmm... actually, I don't think killer whales can shoot water like some other whales.

But either way, killer whales eat seals which eats penguins which makes sense. When tubby flipped seal, I realized that LK was pro-town.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”