semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:53 pm

Post by semioldguy »

What was your mistake?
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:23 am

Post by semioldguy »

Voting is the best way to account for your suspicions. I don't like when people suggest alternatives to voting without being under special circumstances such as lylo. I don't consider this setup to be lylo on day one as there is the vengeance kill to negate the threat of that.

Vote: ekiM

FoS: Hoopla
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:23 am

Post by semioldguy »

Hoopla wrote:
That's fine, I can settle with careful voting - but if there wasn't some theory discussion or talk of precautions early, there would be more room for excuses by scum to put a player at L-1. Having some semblance of town-understanding is a good thing. When the town attempts to define pro-town motives, it forces scum to heed them, or at least compromise. I doubt anyone will quickly hammer now, or sacrifice themself to gain a venge-kill.
Scum putting a player at L-1 isn't really as big of an issue, because a town player is not likely to hammer this early knowing they would be the venge-kill and additionally that scum couldn't hammer because his vote is already on the L-1 player.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by semioldguy »

I am voting for ekiM

The current votecount is correct

In the last 5P Vengeful game I played there wasn't a problem with the random voting stage despite putting two players at L-1 on the first page.
Far_Cry wrote:I forgot that this was Vengeful game, and random voted as I normal do. My normal strategy in Vengefuls is to not vote for reason.

God I just made a simple scum mistake.
Is there a game you can link to support this?
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:40 pm

Post by semioldguy »

dog
Vote: ekiM
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:03 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Mod:
(and everyone else) I will be V/LA from August 2nd until August 8th.

I will have my laptop with me, but may not be able to post while I am away.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (isolation #6) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:49 am

Post by semioldguy »

Yosarian2 wrote:Plus, I already thought semioldguy's origional attack on you didn't make sense.
Hoopla isn't the one I am attacking for it, as Hoopla wasn't the one to suggest it in the first place, merely went along with it which earned the FoS rather than the vote. I've caught scum that way previously. What doesn't make sense about it? Voting is a power the town has to both use and analyze, and in majority. An attempt to take away that power by using other less accountable voting systems is a suspicious thing to suggest.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #7) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:47 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Yosarian2 wrote:Anyway, do you actually think that Hoopla is likely scum for supporting that?
I think it increases the likeliness.
Yosarian2 wrote:Also, you've been voting ekiM since that point, but haven't actaully been attacking him, or asking him questions, or commenting on his other posts, or anything. What do you think about his play in general so far?
Most recently asking questions without adding much else and information instead of analysis.
Yosarian2 wrote:I especaly want to get answers here about what he thinks before he goes away V/LA from the 2nd to the 8th and probably has to be replaced if he can't post. I mean, this is a vengeful game; the entire game it should be over before the 8th.
I see no reason why there should be a rush to end the game and see it as to the advantage of town if it isn't rushed. What advantage do you see in ending the day and/or game more quickly?
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (isolation #8) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:27 am

Post by semioldguy »

I like Hoopla's posting more recently. though as far as voting goes we are just going to have to disagree. If you don't vote for the person you find suspicious, then you let other players push you toward the players you find less suspicious. My suspicions on Hoopla have gone down slightly. I have liked his posting since and he appears more townish. Far_Cry doesn't look so good right now.

Concerning my V/LA, I intend to post when I can and try to keep up as often as possible. some days it just might not be feasible to come online. that being said, even those chastising me for my V/LA aren't being very active themselves despite being so concerned with activity levels.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (isolation #9) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:33 am

Post by semioldguy »

I don't see Yosarian2 and Hoopla as likely to be scum together. Yosarian's defense doesn't sit well with me. I have never liked people defending themselves saying little other than "I'm town" or analyzing their own actions as being town. If you are aware that your actions are a town tell and are explaining them as such, then they aren't town tells, they become null tells. Let other players do the analysis on you and defend their points with reasons, not with self-analysis and explanations for why it is town. I would also say that confirmation bias doesn't apply to Yosarian2.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (isolation #10) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:54 am

Post by semioldguy »

I disagree with Hoopla's reasons for suspicion of you. What I don't like is the way you defend yourself. Please just explain your motivations and let everyone else do the analysis, explaining your motivations should show that you are town without you additionally having to say that you are town. I still think you are less likely to be scum than either ekiM or Far_Cry, but I am not going to rule you out as possible scum.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #11) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:37 am

Post by semioldguy »

Analysis referring to the decision of your motives either being town backed or scum backed. If your defense was the same with the exception of you leaving out the parts where you say you are town or doing what town would be more likely to do I would feel a lot better about you. As in let other players make the decision for themselves what they think your motives are rather than you inserting it into your own posts.

Hoopla's suspicions on you are poor at best. Your defense is worse. If you are going to defend yourself in that manner, I am going to point it out and make note of it regardless of whether or not I agree with the attacks on you, because the defense is scummy.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (isolation #12) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:15 am

Post by semioldguy »

Far_Cry wrote:Yos and Hoopla: the air around those are hard to explain, but I simply believe that both of them can't be scum.

Semi and Yos: There attacks on each other may be scum trying to fool town, but this strategy seems unlikely.

Semi and Hoopla: This is a possibility and I won't forget about it; however, I believe that ekim and Hoopla are a more probable pair.

Ekim and Semi: Highly unlikely, as I've stated before.

Ekim and Yos: Another slight possibility, 1 that I will consider.
Why are these pairs more or less likely than other scum pairs or in relation to each other? In your most likely scum pair who do you see as the godfather and who as the goon?
Far_Cry wrote:@Semi: Who is you biggest suspicion?
ekiM. You've been not too far behind for a while now.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #13) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:41 am

Post by semioldguy »

ekiM wrote:
Yos wrote:Because at the end of that paragraph, you seemed to have concluded he was scummy, and this "anti-town action" was the strongest point you seemed to have against him.
Here is the full paragraph:

"Eurf, I don't like SOG's V/LA. I guess it's not an alignment tell but it is awfully anti-town to be AWOL for a week right near the start of a game, especially a short one like this set-up. He's still harping on my suggestion to be cautious with our votes, which I don't really think was a big deal. He's not expressed suspicion of anyone else, either."

If you can't read that then I can't help you. Just stop misrepresenting me.
It seemed to me like you were moving toward suspicion with your post in a non-committal way.

You haven't been contributing as much as you've been refuting, not really bringing anything of your own to the table. A lot of explanation or information, not a lot of insight. The few times you have expressed unique ideas it has appeared very much on the cautious side and not taking a firm stance on your opinion. Your stance and vote (which I don't think counted anyway) on Far_Cry didn't come until others mentioned suspicion of him and pointed out that he needed more presence in the thread.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (isolation #14) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:46 am

Post by semioldguy »

@ekiM
if you think Far_Cry is scum, do you find it more likely for him to be the Goon or the Godfather? Who would his most likely counterpart be depending on which of those roles you think he is?
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (isolation #15) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:23 am

Post by semioldguy »

*Does a little dance*

I was following along the whole time (it was quite exciting, even after I died). I felt pretty good about ekiM pulling through after the dust cleared from my lynch.

On Day One I thought it highly unlikely that Yosarian2 would switch his vote from me, which made me feel better about keeping my vote on ekiM since both of the others would have to be swayed to my case which I never felt an extremely strong threat of.

Perhaps I resigned myself to my own fate too soon, but I didn't feel like I would be getting out of being lynched on day one and tried my best not to throw the game for my partner in the process.

ekiM finished well. I've played a couple games with him previously that we both ended up as town in, so I was glad to have been paired with him as scum at the beginning of this game.

And of course, thank you to BridgesAndBalloons for moderating!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”