Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:56 am

Post by Trendall »

V/LA for the next 36 hours or something. Sorry about that.

Haven't read through the thread yet, I need to sleep right now. Don't replace me. I got a PROD half an hour after the game started, which I don't know what to make of, seeing as I don't recall there being a rule whereby we get prodded after every half an hour of inactivity, but whatever. I will be here soon, and I will be helpful.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:20 am

Post by Trendall »

Alright, sorry about that, I'm back. Hello everyone. I'm having a hard time with some stuff irl at the moment, so I may end up V/LA again at some point or another within the coming weeks. Having said that, I love playing this game, and will give it as much attention as I possibly can. If I feel like it's becoming a problem, I'll replace out. Your patience and understanding would be very much appreciated.

I did start writing down a big wall as I was reading along with the thread, but then found it wasn't really worth posting because a lot of times, I found something scummy, and then someone else would bring that thing up later on in the thread. So, everyone's being appropriately observant, which is nice. What I'd like to add to the Lucresia argument is this:
Lucresia wrote:You may not agree with a random vote but it doesn't make me scummy.
Nobody said it did. Defending against something that nobody ever accused you of in the first place reeks of paranoia, and does make you scummy. Also...
Lucresia wrote:A town player isn't allowed to be happy that main roles that help the town didn't get thrown out the window basically before the game really starts?
Of course you are allowed to be happy that a PR didn't get killed. However, it's you categorically making the decision to type that out and tell everyone which rings alarm bells. Once again, you're trying to defend against something that nobody actually accused you of.

---

However, I'm not entirely sold on the Lucresia case, I wanna see more from her before I make a decision on that one. I agree that RangeroftheNorth's #44 was an incredibly awkward post. To me it seemed like he was trying to imply that Erratus has made a gigantic scumslip, when he quite obviously hadn't. It's an especially weird post seeing as Ranger acknowledges that there's an alternative way to interpret that sentence which is quite obviously the right one in his post. I also don't like ICENinja voting Erratus for lying, when it was really really painfully obvious that Erratus was just joking. Accusing someone of 'lying' like that, especially when it's a joke and completely irrelevant is just such an easy argument for scum to construct. Same with 'you are acting slightly differently in this game then you are to another game'. People's behaviour changes over games for a multitude of different reasons, and again, pointing out 'contradictions' like this that are totally irrelevant is something that scum like to do from my experience.

I really wish I could add more, but it seems like all my points have already been covered
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:03 pm

Post by Trendall »

Lucresia wrote:Most of the cases against me are opinions on how I am speaking.
You realise that's like, the entire objective of the game, right? Observe how people are speaking and form an opinion on which alignment they are.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:08 pm

Post by Trendall »

Lucresia wrote:I know that I am town
I swear that experienced players don't say this.
Lucresia wrote: I think we need to take a look at some of the people lurking.
"Hey guys. Stop looking at me, there's nothing to see here. Go look at those guys instead. They're really easy targets."
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:35 am

Post by Trendall »

Lucresia, why on earth did you claim?
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #5) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:37 am

Post by Trendall »

Yep

VOTE: ICENinja
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:50 pm

Post by Trendall »

RangeroftheNorth wrote: In the next post, Trendall, who had seemed strongly behind the Lucresia wagon, joined him with no explanation for his vote, and no reason for unvoting Lucresia.
From my first post:
Trendall wrote:I also don't like ICENinja voting Erratus for lying, when it was really really painfully obvious that Erratus was just joking. Accusing someone of 'lying' like that, especially when it's a joke and completely irrelevant is just such an easy argument for scum to construct. Same with 'you are acting slightly differently in this game then you are to another game'. People's behaviour changes over games for a multitude of different reasons, and again, pointing out 'contradictions' like this that are totally irrelevant is something that scum like to do from my experience.
Trendall wrote:However, I'm not entirely sold on the Lucresia case, I wanna see more from her before I make a decision on that one.
Also, point out to me where I voted for Lucresia exactly, because I don't recall ever doing so. I'm sure that my vote wouldn't have seemed so baffling to you if you'd read the thread.

Anyway, ICENinja's defense has just descended into a flurry of personal attacks pretty quickly
ICEninja wrote:I'm going to assume you haven't read my most recent post, because you'd have to be pretty unintelligent to say this after having read it.
Or, 'if you think I'm mafia you're stupid'.
Erratus Apathos wrote: KEEP ATTACKING THE WHOLE WAGON, SO THAT TOWN WILL BE AFRAID TO GET ON

AM I RIGHT OR WHAT?
Yep
DeathRowKitty wrote:I like your style EA: the "I'll quote everything ICEninja says and say it's scummy and hope people vote for him" strategy.

It works better if any of it is actually scummy btw.
ICE's partner.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (isolation #7) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:12 am

Post by Trendall »

Peabody wrote:I'm getting a general town read from ICEninja at this point
Why?
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (isolation #8) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:05 am

Post by Trendall »

The next 48 hours or so are going to be incredibly busy for me, so apologies if I don't post much. I'll be fully active again on Sunday.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (isolation #9) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:40 am

Post by Trendall »

I still don't see what was sheepish about my vote. I outlined why I thought ICE was scummy in my first post. I didn't vote for him straight away because I was trying to work out whether Lucresia was mafia or not.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (isolation #10) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:35 pm

Post by Trendall »

Okay then

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Valern

As ICE points out, he has conveniently been on every major wagon thus far, and ICE seems to have got less scummy, but I still need to reread properly. I also don't like how Valern was voting for me for not offering enough content when I specifically said I wouldn't be able to post much. I'll do a reread tomorrow and let you know what I got.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (isolation #11) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by Trendall »

I'm still not sure about ICE but I think the argument against Valern is stronger and justifies a vote more. Even if it was ICE who initially made it.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by Trendall »

I still think my points against ICE in my iso#1 stand. I also recognise that that's not enough to be sure somebody is scum.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:44 am

Post by Trendall »

Claim: VT
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (isolation #14) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:33 pm

Post by Trendall »

inHimshallibe wrote:Trendall's unvote of Lucresia is odd.
Where? I never voted for Lucresia.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (isolation #15) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:55 pm

Post by Trendall »

Quilford wrote:After reading this thread over and over again, I still can't fully understand why we're lynching Trendall. Everyone, weigh in on Trendall now please.
Me neither, but since I've already claimed and we're so close to the deadline, I don't really object to a me lynch at this point.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”