he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:04 am

Post by kuribo »

vote: death_omen

behold the power of cheese
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:20 am

Post by kuribo »

Claus, why are you trying to form a bandwagon on such shaky ground?

Finger of Suspicion: Claus

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #53 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:01 am

Post by kuribo »

"A little off?" explain, by all means.

If you're too lazy to look back at my name, then why did you bother making the second post? You added nothing except to point out that you haven't been around and that you're too lazy to contribute anything meaningful to the conversation. That doesn't seem like a very pro-town thing to do.

Also, why is suspecting Claus retarded? Have we outed your scumbuddy?

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #69 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:17 am

Post by kuribo »

BrianMcQueso wrote: Because we're lynching someone2 today. Lowell is tomorrow.
Hold on, now, "we" jumped into this awful quick-like.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #80 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:48 am

Post by kuribo »

I'd be willing to lean toward Lowell being scum more than someone2.

I don't like BrianMcQ's assumption that the town will follow his lead, (ie, "we're" lynching Claus). Especially when it's clear that we have several different options at the moment.

BMQ may just be playing super-aggressive, or he may be bandwagoning townies. I'd lean towards the first option rather than the second right now. If he's a bandwagoning scum, he's a consistant one.

Claus, on the other hand, has OMGUS'd, he's flip flopped and he's tried to divert the suspicion from him onto other people rather than explain his posts.

I don't like that I accused Lowell of being Claus' scumbuddy and he replied with sarcasm. He's had ample chance to defend himself and hasn't. He lurked for the first few pages, he tried to deflect genuine questions, he random voted against Streeflo for "inside jokes," in what looked more random than anything--- well after we were past the random phase. Then, he tried to bandwagon Streelo without any reason or hesitation. In my mind, both Claus and Lowell are scummy, but the clear option is to lynch Lowell. While Claus may be scum, he could also be a noobish town. If Lowell, on the other hand, is town, he's not a very good townie. We should string Lowell up today and see what happens tonight.

Unvote

Vote: Lowell

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #86 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:41 am

Post by kuribo »

BrianMcQueso wrote: You're reading a bit much into that "we", aren't you?
Such is the nature of this beast, at times. :P

Claus wrote:
Where am I trying to divert the attention from me? I think that I pointed my FOS at BMQ exactly because he flippantly forgot his suspicion of me when the town started to look at someone2 and Lowell.

Now, regarding your posts, you have twice now snapped at BMQ's "we are lynching" attitude, but casually brushed off that as "aggressive town".
Indeed, you did point an FOS at BMQ, but your vote rests on someone2. You're doing precisely what you're acusing BMQ of--- Forgetting suspicion of someone else when the town starts pointing in another direction.

I don't have any questions for you at the moment, nor am I trying to conjure something out of nothing--- I've already stated the possibility that your scummy behavior may not be so scummy.

My vote rests on Lowell because I believe him to be scum. When you accuse me of trying to conjure something out of nothing--- when the entire town has accused you of being scum--- it seems like you're (again) trying to deflect suspicion onto someone else.

As for Lowell, his vote against me and the misspelling was not what I saw as scummy, more along the lines of the fact that he couldn't give a good reason for a random vote outside of the random phase. Not only that, but when pressed for answers, he still had nothing. He's either scum, or a very poor townie.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #96 (isolation #6) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:23 am

Post by kuribo »

The reason I FOS'd Claus was to point out that, yes, I was suspicious of him at the time, but I've also allowed that he could be an inexperienced townie.

The reason I lean toward Lowell being scum is because several people, including myself, have had legitimate questions for him, which he has either been unwilling or unable to answer. Not even with a BS unsatisfactory answer. Accusations that go his way are met with "No, I'm not scum, but someone else is."

He also says that claiming to have found two scum on D1 "ruins" the conversation, but goes on in the SAME post to claim exactly that.

To say that no one has given reasons that we find you scummy is false--- I, and several others, have stated their reasons. You have not "responded," as you say, you have been evasive and unhelpful. You haven't even given your reasoning for thinking that the attacks on Claus are "retarded."

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #104 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:06 am

Post by kuribo »

LoudmouthLee wrote:
I firmly believe that Lowell is scum and one of the other two people he named is scum as well.
Personally, his "naming" me comes across as OMGUS to me, but then again, I'm biased. :)

If one were to take his word that I'm scum, one would also have to assume that I was bussing him first, for no apparent reason.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #121 (isolation #8) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:57 am

Post by kuribo »

Wait, Lowell, in one post you've accused me of being too aggressive against BMQ and against Claus, and then you say I'm playing it conservative? Which is it?

Why is it that the case against Claus is "retarded?" You've never given any reasoning for your line of thinking.

You question LML's argument, but you've never given any of your own.

Ending your post with "Now unvote me," isn't any more convincing.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #129 (isolation #9) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:52 pm

Post by kuribo »

CrashTextDummie wrote:I've slaved several hours over this game in order to get up to speed, and now I'm too exhausted to post an elaborate analysis. Here's a brief preview though:

1. The Lowell bandwagon is rotten. I don't find him particularly suspicious, and I find the size and speed of his bandwagon entirely disproportionate.
2. Hi, LML.
3. Kuribo is scummy.

Unvote (if necessary), Vote: Kuribo
What do you find scummy about me? I've laid out my case against Lowell several times, and he has not cared to comment either way. I'm clearly not the only one that finds his behavior scummy. Lowell's "opportunism" argument against me is shaky at best.

The size and speed of his bandwagon? Please. It's been going on for at least three pages, and has carried us up to about a week and a half before our imposed deadline. Lowell's evasiveness only serves to hasten that deadline, and we all know that only scum benefits from a no-lynch. If he's town, he could absolutely be more helpful. As for the size, in case you haven't noticed, the "bandwagon" hasn't exactly been a runaway freight train.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #133 (isolation #10) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:28 am

Post by kuribo »

Lowell's insistence that Claus is town without giving any reasoning whatsoever was suspicious, as was his unhelpfulness toward scumhunting.

It's no surprise to me that both Lowell and Claus would vote against me--- they've been quite clearly standing up for one another since the very beginning.

Beastly surprised me a bit, but looking back, Beastly, you've done an awful lot of what seemed to be "lurking," and yet you still managed to appear on Claus' "Nice List."

Listen, fact is, I *KNOW* I'm town. And those of you that are scum know that I'm town too.

Anyway, if I seem ready to lynch, it's because A) we're rapidly approaching a deadline and B) we've found what seems to be the prime candidate for lynching. The scum would love nothing better than to deadlock this thing into a no-lynch.

Even if we're wrong by lynching Lowell, we'll still be able to find out his allegiance one way or another and analyze the events of the day armed with that knowledge.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #152 (isolation #11) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:34 am

Post by kuribo »

CrashTextDummie wrote:

2. I am suspicious of Kuribo because his push for a Lowell-lynch was particularly unreasonable. By page 4, he was already asking for a lynch ("We should string up Lowell and see what happens tonight").
My reasoning was clearly stated in that Lowell was being extremely unhelpful to the town with sarcastic replies as well as cryptic and baseless accusations. You said you've played with him before. Does he always act like this? He didn't bother being helpful in the least until Page 6.
CrashTextDummie wrote:
Sounds like overeager scum to me. He wants to go to night more than anything. And advocating an informational lynch on page 6 is just nasty.
No, I'm not overeager scum, I don't feel like Lowell is going to be any more helpful, even if we give him 100 more pages. Not to mention, at the time, I was under the impression that we were facing a deadline.
CrashTextDummie wrote:

1. A week an a half to deadline is plenty of time, and it's in the town's best interest to use all the time it has at its disposal, especially when the deadline is imposed this early.
A week and a half is hardly any time at all when the thread was only getting one or two replies every day, like this thread was. There was alot of lurking / inactivity going on. Hell, to a certain extent, there still is.
CrashTextDummie wrote:
2. Correspondingly, the town was never in danger of a no-lynch so far. Attempting to use a potential no-lynch in order to speed up a lynch in this situation amounts to lynch-mongering in my eyes. Which is not a pro-town trait.
And yet it's pro-town to reply to accusations (even against Claus) with vague and sarcastic replies? Tell me, CTD, how did THAT help the town, other than leading us to suspect Lowell in the first place?
CrashTextDummie wrote:

3. You say he could be "more helpful", completely disregarding his fairly extensive analysis. Regardless whether you think it's accurate or not, accusing him of being unhelpful when several players have done less is not kosher.
The analysis came only AFTER he was pushed to L-1 and criticized repeatedly for not being helpful. When it finally looks like it's go-time, he manages to eke out a complete analysis of the game thus far. So, yes, he has been unhelpful. At least until it has served him to be otherwise.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #155 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:53 am

Post by kuribo »

Lowell, my vote remains on you for the reason that I imagine five other votes currently rest on you--- you're the prime scum suspect. I will not remove a good-faith vote against someone I believe to be scum. Even now your behavior is scummy- You're trying to misdirect the town away from you to give yourself some breathing room. Make up your mind, Lowell, am I newbie town, or scum? You've voted against me, removed the vote a few minutes later, calling me newbie town, and then gone right back to calling me scum. Which is it? At least MY vote rests on someone I believe to be scum. You, however, are abstaining even as you condemn me, having removed your vote from me.

If Claus was scum, as alot of us had thought, then CTD as his replacement would be scum as well, correct? It's difficult to judge CTD without using Claus' posts as a comparison. But, for what it's worth, Lowell has been more scummy than either of them, in my mind, for the reasons I've laid out previously.

D_O, You point out that pushing for an informative lynch was scummy, but again, I'd like to say that at the time, I was still under the impression that we had a deadline.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #157 (isolation #13) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:12 pm

Post by kuribo »

Rishi wrote: Lowell is scum because he is trying to avoid being lynched? Great logic there.
No, but instead of trying to explain his actions, he's simply trying to pile everything onto someone else.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #178 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:40 am

Post by kuribo »

someone2 wrote: If Lowell reveals himself to be town, then the one that were pushing for his lynch, on the Mafia Lowell group have much more chance to reveal themselves to be scum. Howver, if he turns out to be scum, there will be one scum left and we'll be able to say that the ones on the Town Lowell group have much more chance to reveal themselves to be scum.
I find the first part of the quote as equally erroneous as the second.

You're saying that if it turned out that Lowell was a mislynch, then the people who were voting for him must also be scum. But towns mislynch quite often, and it takes townies as well as scum to do it, since the scum don't have enough votes to do it themselves.

As CTD has stated, scum vote oddly on a regular basis to prevent patterns from emerging and arousing suspicion in themselves. The converse of that statement is that the town isn't always correct either--- the guy you're sticking up for now may very well be the scum that NK's you.

When I wanted to lynch Lowell rather "quickly," it was because I was under the impression that we were under a deadline. Now that we're not (as has been previously stated to me about a million times :roll: ), I've also conceded that we have plenty of time to think things through. Judging from your reg date, you've been playing this game quite a bit longer than I have, and should be far more experienced in what's good for the town.

I must say, that initially I was suspicious of Claus--- and CTD as his replacement, by extension. However I'm not entirely sure about it anymore. CTD seems to be actively helping the town--- not any indication of innocence by any means--- but also seems to be legitimately hunting scum with us.

Lowell, I'm still suspicious of just because of his earlier behavior. I can say that his jumping on someone2 is defensible--- if someone2 is in fact scum, he's made an obvious and fatal error. Although yes, Lowell now seems to have his "head in the game," and is doing more than just giving sarcastic replies to legitimate questions.

I'm not willing to change my vote just yet--- I'm not thoroughly convinced of Lowell's innocence, nor of someone2's guilt.

We have quite a few players in this game who are posting sparingly if at all. I'd like to hear from some of you guys.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #179 (isolation #15) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:47 am

Post by kuribo »

someone2 wrote:When did I say that I thought that the town was ready earlier? I just didn't want a scum that would put the hammer on Lowell right now using what I said as a reason for his hammer in order to not leave the town time to accumulate more info, considering Lowell is town.
Maybe I'm the last one to pick up on this during my re-read of the last couple pages...

If you didn't want the scum to hammer Lowell, why did you put him at L-1? Obviously the scum wouldn't be able to hammer him if you hadn't put him at L-1.

THAT is not an error in English, more likely an error in judgment. Not just the previously stated objection that "at the very least" someone2 was ready to lynch, but the fact that he placed Lowell at L-1 and then claimed he didn't want a hammer.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #182 (isolation #16) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:00 am

Post by kuribo »

The error in judgment I refer to isn't about changing your mind. It refers to your illogical claim that you don't want the scum to hammer him, even though you were the one that put him in that position to begin with.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #191 (isolation #17) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:59 am

Post by kuribo »

I don't know that I completely buy the whole thing about someone2's intent being "one scum gone." I can see that English is not his primary language though, but either way his arguments are still kinda flaky--- He didn't want Lowell hammered, but cast the L-1 vote. It's kind of tough because there is a bit of a language barrier there. However, could it be that he's just using that to cover his mistakes? Hm.

I think more disturbing is Lowell. Still. To me, Lowell is giving off an impression of "throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks." He had been voting for someone2. He removes his vote, placing it on me. He seemed convinced of my scumdom, removed the vote calling me a newbie town, followed that up by saying I looked like scum "who had been caught." (but not putting his vote back on me) He then puts his vote back on someone2 and points an FoS at Happiest Sadist for pointing out something that Lowell has been doing throughout the game--- making comments on peoples' alignment without stating any reasoning for his opinion. Yes, it had been previously stated, but he's done it before:
Lowell wrote:But seriously, Stree is scum.
Lowell wrote:
The suspicion on Claus is retarded.[/quote]
Lowell wrote:
Stree is town.[/quote]
Lowell wrote:
someone2 is insane and probably scum.[/quote]

When confronted by LML about the vote hopping and "jumpiness," his only comment is "because I'm awesome."

Also, since it hasn't been mentioned, has anyone else noticed that both with me, and now again with someone2, when Lowell changed his votes, CTD and Beastly were both right behind him?

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #192 (isolation #18) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:00 am

Post by kuribo »

EBWOP: also, I am retarded and cannot use the quote function properly.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #201 (isolation #19) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:14 am

Post by kuribo »

That's the point I've been making about Lowell, he's done alot of votehopping.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #216 (isolation #20) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:15 am

Post by kuribo »

Rishi, when you post, will you be answering CTD's sentiments about you?

By themselves, the Jester comment and the unvote don't look bad, but together, it gives one something to think about. You also accused LML of vote-hopping, even though his vote had rested on Lowell for quite some time. After his comment to that effect, you only posted a one-liner criticizing my logic regarding Lowell's lynching. From there, you hopped on the someone2 bandwagon and then expressed disappointment that "no one liked" your vote against LML. This is all wrapped up by the Jester comment, which strikes me as odd since I don't think that it would occur to anyone here that Lowell was TRYING to get lynched. Say what you will about him, but if he had WANTED to be lynched, he could have just let the bandwagon roll on instead of protesting.

So, in the process of your re-read, Rishi, I'd like to see you explain some of your behavior.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #219 (isolation #21) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:26 pm

Post by kuribo »

Rishi wrote: 1. I've noticed that kuribo tends to follow other people. He almost never originates suspicion on anyone, but takes someone else's suspicion, hides it behind a lot of words, and makes it look like his own. He has been freely accusing people while keeping his vote on Lowell for quite a while. Also, notice how kuribo has not made any accusatory comments about me all game and then, suddenly after Ibby and CTD say they are suspicious, he suddenly wants me to explain my behavior.
I'm not "following other people---" you fail to remember that at one point, I was the only person questioning BMQ, much to the rest of the town's irritation.

I haven't been vote hopping like some of the other people here--- my vote rests on Lowell. I believe Lowell is scum and see no reason to change that vote for the time being. But, thank you for pointing out my lack of vote-hopping. It's hard to continue building a case against Lowell when any questions directed his way are met with sarcastic replies and vague comments regarding the others in the game. And he knows this, and he knows it isn't helpful.

Of course I question numerous people. I didn't "accuse" you, I simply wanted an explanation for your behavior. Were I accusing you, I would have flat out said "Rishi, you are scum and I am voting for you."

Lowell hit the nail on the head earlier-- I am a newbie--- the only other game I've played (aside the ones I'm active on) was a newbie game that lynched the scum in 8 pages. And I was NK'd on Night 1. So while I'm not an experienced scumhunter, the only thing I am guilty of is being a fairly aggressive or paranoid townie.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #222 (isolation #22) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:21 am

Post by kuribo »

Are you kidding me, rite? While your analysis of Lowell is in synch with mine, I find it hard to believe that a deadline is good for the town, no matter the circumstances.

Mix that in with your self-admitted lurking, and I really don't like the looks of this.

You mean to tell me that with page after page of people suspecting me and others for being on the "Lowell bandwagon," you AGREED with me, and felt no need to step in and post?

While I'm still not completely convinced of Lowell's town-ness, there are others that are starting to stick out at me a bit more.

Unvote

Vote: rite

Asking for a deadline? Seriously?

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #233 (isolation #23) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:05 pm

Post by kuribo »

Could start with these:

Post 52:
Lowell wrote:Check that.
unvote, vote Streeflo

Oh, also, the "suspicion" on claus is retarded. A bandwagon? Really?
Post 91:
Lowell wrote: 1) The attacks on claus are retarded.
Look back at Lowell and then CTD's (Claus' replacement) vote histories. CTD votes me, so does Lowell. Lowell votes someone2, followed closely by CTD.

Anyway, I don't like some of Rishi's recent behavior, and somone2 is sticking out like a sore thumb. I'm a little less certain about Lowell at this point than I was.
Unvote

Need some time to think about where to go from here.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #236 (isolation #24) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:52 am

Post by kuribo »

someone2 wrote:
If a player is scum, his scumbuddies will be tempted to defend him, if a player is town, scum would be tempted to attack him. So SCUM have BETTER CHANCES to defend Lowell if he's scum, and SCUM have BETTER CHANCES to attack Lowell if he is town. I know that scum can attack their scumbuddy and defend townies, but i think it would be rather stupid for a scum to attack his buddy when he's at lynch-1, but that's just my opinion, I don't know everything.
If the rest of the town is certain that someone is scum, L-1 WOULD be the time to do it, though, because you could distance yourself from him without being the one to drop the hammer.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #242 (isolation #25) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:29 am

Post by kuribo »

Where did I get "bent out of shape" about the mis-spelling of my name? I mentioned that he was too lazy to find the correct spelling, (which he admitted) but I certainly didn't make as big a deal of it as others.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #250 (isolation #26) » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:56 am

Post by kuribo »

Lowell wrote:
unvote, vote HS
. He deserves a vote.
Can you clarify that?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #253 (isolation #27) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:04 am

Post by kuribo »

I kinda gotta agree with Lowell to a point. HS, you've been really quiet, and you've only popped in from time to time, reiterating things that people have already said, and then engaging in quite a bit of WIFOM while making allusions to what a scum would do.

Let's see what happens if I
Vote: Happiest Sadist

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #256 (isolation #28) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:22 am

Post by kuribo »

Mod: You have me listed twice, I unvoted from Lowell and later voted for HS. That makes two for HS

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #258 (isolation #29) » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:32 am

Post by kuribo »

Right about now would be a good time for the non-scum to stop lurking.

Seriously, ALL of the lurkers can't be scum, come on and help the freaking town.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #265 (isolation #30) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:04 am

Post by kuribo »

The reason most of us went cold on lynching Lowell is because we seem generally confused right now, nearly everyone playing this game is lurking---- some have been since the start--- and in the past 3 pages, other people aside from Lowell have been acting scummy too.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #267 (isolation #31) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:46 am

Post by kuribo »

Well, Lowell, you're tied with someone2 at the moment, but Streeflo, rite, and LML haven't posted in nearly like a month.

Rishi and rite wanted a deadline, and now rite is idling the time away.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #272 (isolation #32) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:11 pm

Post by kuribo »

I think we should start seriously considering rite. It's been weeks since he's posted, and he had asked for a deadline. These two things combine to make at least one point toward him being scum, and I know others have raised doubt about some of his comments.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #279 (isolation #33) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:51 am

Post by kuribo »

rite wrote: Let's lynch Lowell, have our first night, then use some cold hard evidence and look back at the utter clusterf*ck that is this day one so we can really have a game of mafia.
If we're just going to randomly lynch someone for the purpose of jumping out of day, then we could just as easily lynch you, no?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #306 (isolation #34) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:11 am

Post by kuribo »

Setael wrote:This leaves kuribo, death_omen and Streeflo as active players (active enough to not need replacing at least) and I'd like to hear from all 3 why they allowed a No Lynch to happen.
For me, personally, I was no longer convinced of someone2's scumdom--- I was beginning to see Happiest Sadist as a strong candidate for lynching, but by the time I came around to that way of thinking, the town was apparently set firmly in "Let's lynch someone2" mode.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #308 (isolation #35) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:15 am

Post by kuribo »

Vaughn wrote:@Kuribo - Not convinced of someone2's scumdom? let's hear why.

someone2's post just seemed really upsetting
someone2 6 (CTD, Setael, Ibaesha, Lowell, Rishi, Rite)

@Everyone else - Any speculation as to why Ibby was off'ed? I'll look at the posts and see what i can come up with later today.
Lowell changed his vote at the very last minute, probably just to try and get the lynch off. At one point, we both thought it was Happiest Sadist, and for the record, that means I think it still may be you.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #313 (isolation #36) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:25 pm

Post by kuribo »

CrashTextDummie wrote:
Kuribo wrote:For me, personally, I was no longer convinced of someone2's scumdom--- I was beginning to see Happiest Sadist as a strong candidate for lynching, but by the time I came around to that way of thinking, the town was apparently set firmly in "Let's lynch someone2" mode.
Lynch > No Lynch

If you disagree, you better come up with a good explanation. You were not convinced of someone2's guilt, that's fair enough. But by making a conscious decision not to lynch, you've deliberately opted to surrender the collective town's only means to actually get rid of scum (a vig is not guaranteed, and already dead now in our case). In a situation like this, you must always consider that you could be wrong and the people on the bandwagon could be right, and you must weigh this in the decision whether potentially lynching a pro-town player is worse than not lynching at all. Usually, it isn't. You didn't seem to consider, which puts you in a bad light.

You also didn't seem to consider the fact that someone2 didn't try to avoid being lynched by claiming (as far as I remember and gathered from skimming his posts), which is standard procedure in a situation like that. Instead, it seemed like he tried his luck by banking on the town's indifference, which doesn't seem pro-town to me at all. Any thoughts on that?

In unrelated matters, Vaughn's last post tingled my scumdar big time:
Vaughn wrote:So you're saying these 6 people have it wrong? half of the players in a 12 person game seem to agree that you are by far the scummiest player around.
This is bullshit of the highest degree. 3 or more of these 6 people could be scum for all I know, which would mean that the majority of the town had it right. That you use such crapreasoning to attack another player is highly unsettling.
Vaughn wrote:@Everyone else - Any speculation as to why Ibby was off'ed? I'll look at the posts and see what i can come up with later today.
As is this.

Speculating on nightkills is a largely fruitless endeavor and usually serves as nothing more than a distraction. There is
no
way of knowing why she was killed until the scum tell us in end-game. It could have been to invite the WIFOM you seem to be angling at for all I care.

Vaughn, Kuribo and someone2 are all worthy of a vote based on today alone. I'll read back through D1 to make up my mind on which one needs to die the fastest.
When I tried to argue that a mislynch was better than a no lynch, (regarding Lowell) everyone jumped on my ass for trying to rush the day, remember?

I agree with you in your sentiment that not all of the people voting for someone2 could possibly be scum, nor are they likely to all be town.

I don't know what you would expect him to claim--- if he's a vanilla townie, lying about having a power role would serve him no purpose, and claiming vanilla townie just doesn't have an impact.

Yes, I had the opportunity to switch my vote to someone2, and yes, I probably should have. My error was in assuming that at least one other person would do so, or that we'd figure something out instead of idling around and not doing anything the last three days before deadline. This game has had serious participation problems, and it'd be foolish to think that some of that isn't due to lurkscummers.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #315 (isolation #37) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:28 am

Post by kuribo »

Setael wrote: Are you providing this as a reason you allowed a no lynch to happen?
I already said I dropped the ball for my part on that.

What is the point of this statement? It's just stating the obvious, and looks to be solely here to gain townie points.
Setael wrote: Why are you assuming he could not possibly have a power role?
It's exactly as you said- an assumption. Why would he allow himself to remain in danger for so long if he IS a power role?
Setael wrote: If you were assuming someone else would vote him and just avoided voting and waited for someone else to do it without actively trying to stop it from happening, it means you were willing for him to die but didn't want to be the one to hammer.
Wrong. The someone2 thing picked up steam awful fast towards the end, and if I had been happy with it, I'd have voted instead of voting for Happiest Sadist. I didn't want to be the one to hammer because I was leaning towards him being town. (Still am)
kuribo wrote: This looks like you're trying to blame the rest of the town for the mislynch without accepting any of the blame yourself. That last sentence is definitely calling out the lurkers and implying they're the ones to take the heat. Are you saying you are NOT one of the players that "idled around not doing anything the last three days before deadline"? Because if you look back, for 2 weeks before the deadline all you did was post unhelpful one-liners.
Yeah, it's not like I tried to apply pressure to Happiest Sadist at all. :rolleyes:

I'm not blaming anyone, and am more than willing to accept my share of blame for the no lynch. It should be noted though, that alot of the people voting against someone2 weren't around when the discussion about his alignment was taking place. Why wouldn't they contribute to that if they thought he was scum?

And anyway, why are we ignoring death_omen and Streeflo? Not only did they also allow the no lynch, but they've been lurking in plain sight for quite a bit of the game. Same with Happiest Sadist (before his replacement)

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #320 (isolation #38) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:00 pm

Post by kuribo »

What I meant was that I was asked why he wouldn't have claimed if he were at L-1 and a power role.

The point I was making is that unless he lies (scummy), claiming vanilla townie wouldn't do any good since it's assumed that he's either that or scum.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #330 (isolation #39) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:28 pm

Post by kuribo »

Thok wrote:
Thirdly, I noticed this quote by ibby about her suspects early on, and I feel like following up on it by putting pressure on somebody who hasn't had to say much.
Maybe you should go back and read, then. I've had alot to say on a variety of subjects.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #341 (isolation #40) » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:56 am

Post by kuribo »

Vaughn wrote: Lurker lynch? :lol:
I agree with this course of action and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Can't go wrong lynching a lurker. Personally, I'd like to nominate Streeflo. (death_omen popped up recently)

Unvote, vote: Streeflo

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #342 (isolation #41) » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:05 am

Post by kuribo »

Actually, I just noticed that Streeflo finally popped up (after what, a month?), to throw an FoS (way to go) on Vaughn.

In fact, both Stree and d_o came around near the same time together. I'd bet my chest hair that one of you is scum.

At least Vaughn's more active than the lurker he replaced.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #350 (isolation #42) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:30 am

Post by kuribo »

Yes, Streeflo, lynching lurkers is so scummy. :roll:

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #354 (isolation #43) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:16 am

Post by kuribo »

Rishi wrote:Anyone having fun? I'm not against abandoning this game.
Alternatively, we could lynch you and save you the trouble.

Vote: Rishi

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #355 (isolation #44) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:16 am

Post by kuribo »

Unvote, Vote: Rishi:
actually

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #360 (isolation #45) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:24 am

Post by kuribo »

*hand raise*

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #364 (isolation #46) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:10 pm

Post by kuribo »

someone2 wrote:raises hand

vote:Kuribo.

You just seem to be following everything another says. Lynching lurkers isn't the best thing to do: too much players happened to be inactive at a time or another.

Setael votes Rishi, you follow him by voting Rishi. You seem to always follow the easiest path.
Yeah, that's why I followed popular opinion and had you lynched. :roll:

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #372 (isolation #47) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:54 am

Post by kuribo »

Might wanna re-think your little bandwagon, guys.

I'm a Tracker.

N1 I tracked rite, who didn't perform any night actions.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #377 (isolation #48) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:14 am

Post by kuribo »

Streeflo wrote:I did it in Theoville Mafia.

I won't unvote. I'd like the pressure to still be there.
Pointless meta followed by nonsensical statement. Hey, genius? There's no pressure left once I've roleclaimed. Seriously, how much more "pressure" can you get than forcing someone to roleclaim? At this point my cards are laid bare--- Mafia will likely nightkill me now, so there's no point in lying.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #380 (isolation #49) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:19 am

Post by kuribo »

Vaughn wrote:Isn't it strange that Kuribo clears the second-most scummy person on your list, Thok?
He was also a person that I was looking at on Day1 towards the end as fairly scummy / insignificant, hence why I investigated him in the first place.

And I claimed "early" because I was at L-2 and I didn't want a rush to judgment, or to be the victim of a deadline lynch.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #392 (isolation #50) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:13 am

Post by kuribo »

CrashTextDummie wrote:I have to question the people currently voting Kuribo without even wanting to know if Thesp is able to verify the claim.
I'd bet dollars to donuts that one of them is scum trying to get the town to save them the trouble of NKing me, and the other is just dumb.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #394 (isolation #51) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:55 am

Post by kuribo »

Thesp wrote: I'm uncertain as to what you're saying here - are you suggesting I wait to confirm/deny kuribo's claim? I'll wait for your response before proceeding in that arena.
I don't understand his request either--- all it means is that rite didn't do any night actions. It could make him a vanilla townie, a mafia who didn't do the NK, or hell, even a vig or SK who didn't submit a kill that night. For that matter, any kind of role, if rite didn't submit a night action.

Seems to me that I'm only useful if I catch someone doing something, not just verify that they didn't.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #397 (isolation #52) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:34 am

Post by kuribo »

Lowell wrote:
unvote, vote vaughn
. This is what I was trying to do earlier. I'm giong to jump on this wagon while it's still cool.
is there anybody you haven't voted for yet?

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #403 (isolation #53) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:21 am

Post by kuribo »

RossWilliam wrote:
I really, really don't like RossWilliam's first significant post.
I'm curious as to why? It could be a perfectly valid concern, or who knows. But at least give me something to explain myself on, before pigeonholing me after I've only made two posts.

P.S. Until Thesp says something significant, I'm still regarding tracker claim as a last ditch, creative effort to save ones ass.

vote: kuribo
Hey, new guy? There's nothing Thesp can say either way about my claim, at least not as it regards to rite's lack of an N1 action.

So earlier, you said your gut doubts that my claim was scummy, and now you think it is? With nearly nothing in between?

Looks like a newbie just jumped on the bandwagon, here.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #409 (isolation #54) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:28 am

Post by kuribo »

RossWilliam wrote: Ok, yes, I'm the new guy, fair enough, but now your that desperate guy who'll bring up someone's experiance as a token against them. Funny how you can't rely on data that applies to all and have to single that out. Way to take things off an even playing field. Calling out noobiness is certainly a scumtell. My vote remains.
The point I was making is that maybe you haven't been around long enough to realize that "clearing" Thesp does nothing one way or the other, since rite was still in the game at that point.

I'm not "desperate," I just don't see the point in you or Streeflo continuing to vote for me--- if I were lynched, and everyone finds out I told the truth, both of you will be under a microscope. If you're town, that's bad for us because it'll distract from catching scum. If you're mafia, you'll probably be outted.

Like I told Streeflo, there's no "pressure" on me, because once I've RC'd, that's pretty much as bad as it gets for me. The scum won't want to take the risk of letting me live tonight, nevermind the fact that they already took out the vig.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #415 (isolation #55) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:50 am

Post by kuribo »

Unvote, Vote: Vaughn

this game is dying before our very eyes! :(

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #452 (isolation #56) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:42 pm

Post by kuribo »

oh pooh. go town :(

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #732 (isolation #57) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:04 am

Post by kuribo »

Great win, town!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”