Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (isolation #0) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:25 am

Post by Setael »

Hi. Yay only 10 pages. I'll post once I've read.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (isolation #1) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:45 pm

Post by Setael »

This is true, Rishi. Why you gotta act so scummy all the time?

Ok so the first thing I should say is that someone2's "slip" was not a scum tell, but actually a fairly common mistake made by francophones. I speak french pretty fluently and don't think it's odd at all for a native french speaker to say "there will be one scum left" when he meant "there will be one scum gone." It's reasonable that english speakers would have a hard time understanding this, but it's an easy mistake to make when words have multiple meanings in a second language.

Also I find it humorous that google translates the verb “partir” as party when it actually means “to leave”.

That being said, I think there are a lot of other things someone2 has said/done that were really scummy and suspicious. His logic is flawed in repeatedly stating that a lynch will "eliminate half the candidates." This was covered by other players, but due to townies not always being right in their suspicions as well as bussing/distancing, there's really no way to eliminate anyone for sure just because they were on the wagon of someone who came up scum or town. This is an odd reason to try to push for a Lowell lynch or for someone2 to keep his vote on Lowell.

Other reasons: post 58 in which he accuses Lowell of being scum for not reading carefully, but then just FOSes him for it; his OMGUS vote in post 61, post 150 “For me, I don't find Kuribo very scummy” just because I hardly think Kuribo's play has been squeaky clean; in the same post says Death Omen and Rishi’s hesitation to hammer Lowell is a reason to keep his vote on Lowell. He’s insinuating that D_O and Rishi are Lowell’s scum buddies. Quite a stretch. Finally, putting Lowell at -1 when he said he wanted the town to have more time to accumulate more info.

So then we have the Lowell wagon. Starting in post 55, streeflo, BrianMcQueso, rite and then Someone2 all attack Lowell. Post 59 LML diverts attention to Someone2. Feels like he’s distracting. If that was his intention, it works perfectly for both streeflo and Brian, who automatically agree with the Someone 2 wagon. Brian later says he meant Claus. Claus votes someone2 as well, but then attention comes back to Lowell in post 80 when kuribo draws attention back to Lowell and votes him.

Sadist is wishy washy in 72, and then takes a stand in 77 defending someone2 and voting Lowell. I can see where players could be suspicious of Lowell and I was actually entertaining the fact that he and LML were scum buddies, until Lowell's post 116 which seemed really pro Town. Felt a lot more like a Townie about to be lynched who didn’t have anything to lose rather than scum, especially with the conclusions he made.

I think Rishi’s post 97 is why I think he’s scum in every game. He says this in a lot of games, and I always find it hard to believe when someone has NOTHING to say and won’t give any opinions or suspicions. Due to this happening in other games, I’ll make an effort to not assume this is a scum tell.

Death Omen's post 124 is I think the second or third time he tries to find out what everyone else thinks without solidly giving his own opinion. Same problem as Rishi. My scumdar is just pinged every time someone hesitates to give their own opinion.

127 Crash Text replaces in and says Lowell bandwagon is rotten and kuribo is scummy. Beastly agrees about kuribo and votes him.
kuribo, post 133 wrote:It's no surprise to me that both Lowell and Claus would vote against me--- they've been quite clearly standing up for one another since the very beginning.
Seems like a pretty bold statement, especially since I haven't noticed anything blatant until Lowell said he thinks Claus is town in his defense post.

@kuribo: Can you point out where Lowell and Claus have been standing up for one another since the very beginning?
kuribo wrote:Listen, fact is, I *KNOW* I'm town. And those of you that are scum know that I'm town too.
This just sounded really scummy.

Lowell, post 146 wrote:If you'd actually like a defense, LML-- No, I don't think votehopping is scummy. Or bad. In fact I think a lot of towns would do a lot better by themselves by getting legitimate bandwagons on more people more often on D1. Attacking just one person makes it waaay to easy for scum to hide their votes.
QFT – First of all, in my experience town is a lot more likely to vote hop than scum who has more reason to fly low. Also, if only one person is being bandwagoned D1, it’s unlikely scum being bussed since scum could easily distract from any wagon started on a scum buddy by just starting up another wagon on another player.

151 seems very pro town and I especially agree with the kuribo points.

Totally ignoring the "slip" which I think is a null tell, I think someone2 is the best place for my vote at the moment. I would also be willing to vote kuribo who is my 2nd runner up.

vote: someone2
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:31 am

Post by Setael »

That's because you don't have a lot of friends that speak French.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:03 pm

Post by Setael »

death_omen totally throws me off. he just turned up town in a game where he acted so scummy ALL game that I was certain he was scum. btw, if we lose that game death_omen, I expect you to take full responsibility for acting so scummy as town. ;)
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (isolation #4) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:24 am

Post by Setael »

Rite, can you tell me why you are not even considering the someone2 wagon? Because here's the current wagons:

Lowell 3 (rite, Happiest Sadist, LoudMouthLee)
someone2 3 (CTD, Setael, Ibaesha)
Happiest Sadist 2 (Lowell, kuribo)

If you moved your vote to someone2, it would put him at 4 and his lynch would achieve the same means you seem to be aiming for with a lowell lynch - to just end the day and get moving. Do you have concrete reasons for believing someone2 to be town?

That being said, I need to reread Lowell. Where he got down to -1 it seems like if he was town, scum would've ensured he got lynched. If he's scum, it makes sense that attention was deflected. I guess it's possible all the scum was already on the wagon. I'll reread and post my thoughts.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (isolation #5) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:36 am

Post by Setael »

lowell wrote:I no longer think someone2 is scum.
Reasons?

Also, I'm not saying scum would've dropped the hammer, but maybe they'd have kept attention on until you got lynched. Your last post seemed very town since I'd think if you were scum you'd support the someone2 wagon to avoid being lynched. I guess this is a WIFOM argument, since that could be what you want us to think. In either case, I'd like to hear your reasons for thinking someone2 is town.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (isolation #6) » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:14 am

Post by Setael »

We need someone2 to claim. I'm guessing some of these actually need replacing, but just in case...

mod: can we get a prod on someone2, LML, Happiest Sadist, Streeflo, and deathomen (Or can you let us know which have/have not picked up already made prods?)

If we can get a few of them to check in, maybe we can avoid a no lynch.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (isolation #7) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:09 am

Post by Setael »

Fonz wrote:Final Votecount of Day one:

Lowell 2 ( Happiest Sadist, LoudMouthLee)
someone2 6 (CTD, Setael, Ibaesha, Lowell, Rishi, Rite)
Happiest Sadist 1(kuribo)

Not voting: death_omen, Streeflo,someone2
I would like to hear from everyone who did not vote someone2 when the deadline was looming. What were your reasons for choosing No Lynch over a someone2 lynch? If you were merely absent, please say so. I'm sure this can be checked into.

Happiest Sadist (now Vaughn) and LML (now DrippingGoofBall) are exempt since they replaced in after the No Lynch. This leaves kuribo, death_omen and Streeflo as active players (active enough to not need replacing at least) and I'd like to hear from all 3 why they allowed a No Lynch to happen. If someone2 comes up scum, these 3 will all be high on my suspect list.

vote: someone2
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (isolation #8) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:40 pm

Post by Setael »

You are downplaying the case on you. I for one was not voting you just for lurkering.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (isolation #9) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:11 pm

Post by Setael »

kuribo wrote:When I tried to argue that a mislynch was better than a no lynch, (regarding Lowell) everyone jumped on my ass for trying to rush the day, remember?
Are you providing this as a reason you allowed a no lynch to happen?
kuribo wrote:I agree with you in your sentiment that not all of the people voting for someone2 could possibly be scum, nor are they likely to all be town.
What is the point of this statement? It's just stating the obvious, and looks to be solely here to gain townie points.
kuribo wrote:I don't know what you would expect him to claim--- if he's a vanilla townie, lying about having a power role would serve him no purpose, and claiming vanilla townie just doesn't have an impact.
Why are you assuming he could not possibly have a power role?
kuribo wrote:Yes, I had the opportunity to switch my vote to someone2, and yes, I probably should have. My error was in assuming that at least one other person would do so,
I'm very interested in this part of that statement. If you were assuming someone else would vote him and just avoided voting and waited for someone else to do it without actively trying to stop it from happening, it means you were willing for him to die but didn't want to be the one to hammer. I can think of a few motivations for that mindset, but I'd like to hear yours straight from you.
kuribo wrote:or that we'd figure something out instead of idling around and not doing anything the last three days before deadline. This game has had serious participation problems, and it'd be foolish to think that some of that isn't due to lurkscummers.
This looks like you're trying to blame the rest of the town for the mislynch without accepting any of the blame yourself. That last sentence is definitely calling out the lurkers and implying they're the ones to take the heat. Are you saying you are NOT one of the players that "idled around not doing anything the last three days before deadline"? Because if you look back, for 2 weeks before the deadline all you did was post unhelpful one-liners.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (isolation #10) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:59 am

Post by Setael »

Wow. DGB didn't last long. Thanks for replacing, Thok.

@Rishi: Is there anything specific leading you to think someone2 is town, or is it just that you find others scummier? How do you explain the No Lynch if someone2 is town?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (isolation #11) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:41 am

Post by Setael »

Rishi wrote:Anyone having fun? I'm not against abandoning this game.
I'm not against putting Rishi out of his misery.

unvote, vote: Rishi
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (isolation #12) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:32 pm

Post by Setael »

*raises hand*

This game is about as active as my others. I think the lull is due to Christmas time busy-ness.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (isolation #13) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:22 pm

Post by Setael »

In that case,
unvote

Welcome back, Rishi! Merry Christmas!
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (isolation #14) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:18 am

Post by Setael »

That being said,
vote: Someone2

Nothing has happened that has altered my suspicions.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (isolation #15) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:59 am

Post by Setael »

I need to reread before I make a decision re: Vaughn. Until Thesp pointed out that he called him "cleared" (which I agree is an odd thing to say) I hadn't noticed anything in his play so far to make me think he's scum. For now, I like someone2 better. The only reason I can see for that no lynch yesterday is if at least one of the wagons was on scum and someone2 is the most likely imo.

someone2, what are your thoughts? You unvoted kuribo because the claim was too "audacious" for scum. I happen to agree with you there, but I'm curious what you think of those still on that wagon. In fact, it'd be super if you'd post your current suspicions.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (isolation #16) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:34 am

Post by Setael »

rishi wrote:Vote: Vaughn

I don't know if I agree with a kuribo lynch. Just jumping on the counter-wagon since the deadline is coming up.
rishi wrote:I just don't want the day to end without a lynch. This is ridiculous.

Lynch me, if you need someone to lynch.
Rishi, why aren't you scum hunting? Your only reason to vote Vaughn was to be voting someone other than kuribo. What do you actually think of Vaughn? Your vote is such that if he comes up town you will be able to wriggle out of any responsibility, since you haven't bothered to give your opinion of him. The vote you placed before that was also made without giving an opinion of kuribo:
rishi wrote:To generate some discussion, I'm going to place a blatant OMGUS/bandwagon vote.
Vote: kuribo
Also, what do you think of someone2 after his analysis? Considering your lack of real content in this game and your failure to do ANY scum hunting recently, I find this quote interesting:
someone2 wrote:Rishi: Never lurking, post his thoughts regularly, and didn't do any big scummy mistakes.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (isolation #17) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:05 am

Post by Setael »

I find it very odd that Vaughn refuses to claim and then says he thinks Thok-someone2 and I are scum without giving any kind of reason. Because Thok and I are both voting someone2?

Please no one hammer until Vaughn explains this. I would like to know his reasoning behind listing us 3 as a scum group, and I'd like to hear a claim.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (isolation #18) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:40 pm

Post by Setael »

How is someone2 escaping lynch every day when he's barely doing more than lurking?

I'd also like to hear from streeflo. He put a vote on kuribo and then disappeared for a month. His last post was Dec. 27.

Fonz: Is streeflo being replaced?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (isolation #19) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:23 pm

Post by Setael »

oh... I just replaced him in another game so I thought that might be the case here as well.

hey streeflo! come out, come out wherever you are...

vote: streeflo
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (isolation #20) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:39 pm

Post by Setael »

@Rishi: Can you explain to me why mafia would be more likely to not believe kuribo's claim? Are you saying you think mafia would try to get him lynched yesterday? I feel like I'm missing something.

Nothing from someone2 yet. I think he's as shocked as I am that he hasn't been lynched yet. He's done very little besides fly low since he came under suspicion. His analysis was pretty "playing it safe." His only scums were Vaughn and Lowell, with bad vibes from streeflo. As has been brought up before, he's completely neutral on 3 players he should have at least somewhat of a read on. Lists everyone else as town, only saying of me "They seem interested in tracking scum." I feel like he's avoiding the spotlight hoping he can coast to the end.

I'd still like to jab streeflo with a stick until he talks, but someone2 is still scum. Slippery scum that easily slides off wagons.

unvote, vote: someone2
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (isolation #21) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:39 am

Post by Setael »

I am largely disinterested in someone2, though I would like to hear more of his thoughts.
Any reason you're "disinterested" in him?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (isolation #22) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:22 am

Post by Setael »

Hi Claus! Thanks for replacing :)

Looking forward to your insight. I for one am a bit stuck in this game.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (isolation #23) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:19 am

Post by Setael »

@Ythill: I can see why you think I'm tunneling on someone2. I think he is scum who narrowly escaped a lynch and is now being generally ignored.

I agree this needs to be rectified:
Ythill wrote:Yet there has been very little speculation about the wealth of information revealed by three dead townies. Why?
I haven't had time/made time to reread/pbpa - part of my negligence in doing so I can admit was to my focus on keeping some attention on someone2. I'll do an analysis asap.

@Thesp: My main issue with someone2 at this point (besides the case I made D1) is that his play is so much different now than it was D1. He has been laying extremely low ever since he escaped that lynch. He's gone with the flow, careful to not make waves and it's been working - he's wiggled out of the spotlight. I can see that I need to look at other players, but I'm not going to let someone2 lurk to end game with a free pass when he's likely scum.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (isolation #24) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by Setael »

He was active and talkative D1 and made several slip ups. He managed to get out of the spotlight and is now laying really low. My thought is that he is afraid that if he is active he'll keep making mistakes and won't be able to get out of it next time.
Ythill wrote:Okay Seta, but what about you asking for S2 to claim just a few hours before deadline? What was the point of that? Honestly, this worries me more than apparent tunneling.

I did not realize how close we were to the deadline, which is pretty obvious if you look at my whole post:
setael wrote:We need someone2 to claim. I'm guessing some of these actually need replacing, but just in case...

mod: can we get a prod on someone2, LML, Happiest Sadist, Streeflo, and deathomen (Or can you let us know which have/have not picked up already made prods?)

If we can get a few of them to check in, maybe we can avoid a no lynch.
I was thinking we had longer, and was hoping if a couple players were prodded, they would check the thread and vote to avoid a no lynch. I was also hoping someone2 would have a chance to claim, as a no lynch would be preferable to lynching a power role which was possible as long as he was unclaimed. I felt pretty sheepish when Fonz responded "There's no sense in prodding people an hour before deadline." He could also have said "There's no sense in asking people to claim an hour before deadline" - I wouldn't have done either if I'd have realized how close it was.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (isolation #25) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:11 am

Post by Setael »

Ythill, I would appreciate you posting your wagon analyses. I haven't had time to comment on your first one, but I think it was really intuitive. (As you can imagine, I'm anxious for your analysis of the someone2 wagon). Carry on!
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (isolation #26) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:04 am

Post by Setael »

I need to reread.

I've only played with Thok as town and his play was nothing like this - he was very active and was scum hunter champ. Has anyone played with him as scum before?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (isolation #27) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by Setael »

Lowell, I'm trying to find time to reread THIS game, which means I'm definitely lacking time to read Thok's OTHER games. Is it really so awful to ask if anyone's played with him as scum? That attempt to throw suspicion at me was quite a stretch.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (isolation #28) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:12 am

Post by Setael »

Thesp wrote:I think scum are less likely to suggest a massclaim at this point, personally. If you think Thok and Lowell are our scums, why not lynch Thok first?
I agree that scum wouldn't outright suggest a massclaim like you said. But that's not what Lowell did. He said:
Lowell wrote:I forget, what was everyone's thought on a massclaim?
That's not suggesting a massclaim. That's a subtle way of feeling out the town without committing.

Still haven't had a chance to reread.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (isolation #29) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:11 am

Post by Setael »

I'm hoping the no kill was caused by a roleblocker. If so, we've got another scum bagged.
Ythill wrote:Is this a failed attempt to frame S2?
I don't understand that theory. How would a no kill implicate Someone2?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (isolation #30) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:59 am

Post by Setael »

Thesp wrote:I'd like for everyone to claim if they are a cop, a roleblocker who blocked someone last night, or neither.
No cop should claim until we know there is definitely a doc. The only part of this plan I agree with is having everyone say if they are a roleblocker who blocked someone last night or not. That way we'd find out if there is no roleblocker, which would tell us there is a doc. I think if there is a cop they should wait to claim until we're sure there's no roleblocker, which would mean there is definitely a doc that can protect them tonight.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (isolation #31) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:39 am

Post by Setael »

I am not a roleblocker.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (isolation #32) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by Setael »

I agree that this game seems like an easy win for town. I don't like Ythill telling the cop who to investigate, but at this point the cop's had a few investigations and Thesp is practically confirmed town by his play since replacing in, so that doesn't leave many options anyway.

vote: Lowell
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (isolation #33) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:07 pm

Post by Setael »

Ythill wrote:I am a tad more suspicious of Seta who has finally forsaken her single-minded campaign against S2 to vote Lowell. Seta, could you extrapolate on your case against Lowell?
I still feel the same about Someone2, but enough people seem very sure he's not scum that I have to think someone knows something I don't. So I'm leaving that be for now, and my next best bet is Lowell.

If Claus or Ythill are scum they're
good
because they both seem very town to me. Thesp is town. No one busses like that.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (isolation #34) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:43 am

Post by Setael »

I'll be out of town all weekend, likely with no access. Hopefully by Monday we'll have something from our replacement. Happy weekend everyone!
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (isolation #35) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:00 am

Post by Setael »

As long as we have a cop, this game is in the bag. By now the cop should have either found scum or have enough innocents to narrow things down significantly. I think a mass claim is a good idea at this point.

I'll start. I'm vanilla.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (isolation #36) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:07 am

Post by Setael »

I pick Thesp!
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (isolation #37) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by Setael »

TheStranger, if you're bulletproof that means there's a (albeit slim) chance there's no doc and in that case we don't want the cop (if any) to claim. When did you read the roleblocker claims from yesterday? Did you finish reading that before the day ended? I find it odd that you didn't mention it as soon as we started talking about role claiming - at least first thing today if you weren't finished reading the thread yesterday. What if a cop were to claim and then no doc claims? Now that we know you're bulletproof, it wouldn't necessarily mean the mafia was no killing, it could mean they targeted you twice.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (isolation #38) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:37 am

Post by Setael »

Thesp wrote:This is incorrect - the cop would have at least two results, and should claim if he exists. I'm not saying further until Claus claims.
That's true - I was thinking more along the lines of if there's no doc, we wouldn't want to make the cop a target for tonight. You're right though, if there's a cop (who claimed vanilla waiting for a possible doc claim) I agree that the innocent results would narrow it down enough that scum could not win at this point and they should claim anyway.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (isolation #39) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:38 am

Post by Setael »

Ythill wrote:The still-hidden doc option is also possible but I don’t understand why one wouldn’t have counter-claimed Stranger, possibly ending the game.
I didn't understand this statement. How would a doc be counterclaiming The Stranger?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (isolation #40) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:20 pm

Post by Setael »

Setael wrote:if you're bulletproof that means there's a (albeit slim) chance there's no doc
TheStranger wrote:2. Why are you so sure there is a doc?
Can you reconcile these 2 statements for me, please? Yesterday (in case you didn't read the thread) everyone stated that they're not a roleblocker. I find it unlikely scum would no kill. That makes it likely there's a doc. Please correct my logic if you find it lacking rather than trying to fling suspicion at me.

In response to Ythill's post, I was here when Someone2 was VERY nearly lynched. I have been criticized for asking him to claim when I didn't realize how close the deadline was. I do find it quite odd that Someone2 never bothered to claim if he was bulletproof. When he was under fire and close to being lynched, he disappeared. If I was bulletproof in that situation, I think I'd have claimed it.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (isolation #41) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:06 pm

Post by Setael »

TheStranger wrote:You still did not answer my third question of what you expected from me yesterday?
That depends on how much of the thread you finished before day ended yesterday, which I asked you and you did not clarify. If you finished reading where we all stated whether we were a roleblocker or not, it would've been clear to you that we were trying to verify we had a doc in order to make it safe for a cop to claim. If you really have a role that would have effectively broken our assumptions and made it unnecessary (or at least less informative) for each player to make the roleblocker statement, I think you should've claimed.

Here's a hypothetical scenario that we're just lucky didn't happen: because none of us are a roleblocker, we're assuming there's a doc so the cop claims and calls for the unclaimed but assumed to be existing doc to protect them. There's a lynch and we go to night. We all wake up and our cop has been NK'd. We say "What? Is there no doc?" and you say "Oh, by the way.... I can't be night killed so maybe I was targeted when there was no kill and we have no doc after all."

You see why you not claiming your role was not real protown under the roleblocker claiming circumstances? But you can also see, I think, where timing is everything, though we just have to trust your word on what you did/didn't read and when.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (isolation #42) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:12 am

Post by Setael »

Claus, a lot of your reasons for suspecting me are based on WIFOM. I can't argue with them, but I can point out that part of it is based on broken logic.
claus wrote:It helps that I can see Seta trying to target Thesp, who led two wagons on her scumbuddies, but not me, who had a "good feeling about her", and then S2, who was getting low in the charts in regards to scummyness.
You are arguing that if I was scum I would target Thesp over you because you had a "good feeling" about me, and yet Thesp said this not long before day ended:
Thesp wrote:Here's the thing - I don't think Setael is scum, largely because of how he went after someone2. I don't think Setael would attack someone2 like he did while Thok was doing the same (though less vehemently), it's not consistent with my experience of how scum go after town.
Basically, it feels like you're rereading with me as your chosen scum and just looking for ways to force my play into the mold.

Regardless, I think this game is in the bag, even if I'm mislynched today. I find it extremely unlikely TheStranger was targeted twice, so the 2 no kills clear Thesp. Claus is cleared as doc - considering how nothing seemed to add up, I don't see scum fake claiming doc in his situation. Plus he comes off as town to me, even though his read of me is wrong. I also think it's unlikely that scum would target Thesp twice in a row, which means TheStranger is likely telling the truth about his role. It doesn't make sense to me that he would come up with a gambit to no kill immediately after replacing in, while planning to later claim BPT. So to me anyway, it's between me and Ythill.

vote: Ythill

Ythill is obviously better at presenting his thoughts/arguments than I am, but even if I am mislynched today, he can only kill off one of what I see as 3 confirmed townies and he can be lynched tomorrow and the town will still win.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (isolation #43) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:30 pm

Post by Setael »

Setael wrote:Claus is cleared as doc - considering how nothing seemed to add up, I don't see scum fake claiming doc in his situation.
Regardless of ABR's accusations, I have very good reasons for considering Claus/ABR confirmed town.

I thought about this for awhile after Claus claimed. Imagine for a moment that hypothetically Claus' role is scum. Everyone claims and no one has said they're a doc. So he decides to claim town, but then claim doc and say he was trying to set up the scum into revealing something. In order for him to do this he would have to be pretty damn sure there is no doc in the game. In order to know this he would either have had to, as scum, decide to no kill twice in a row (immediately after replacing in, mind you) or have targeted TheStranger twice in a row. And even THEN he really wouldn't be sure there's no doc. He'd just know he hadn't been blocked by a doc so he'd be confident in the fact. Then, seeing no one claim doc he'd have to trust that the real doc isn't just claiming vanilla.

I have a lot of problems with this hypothetical situation. First of all, since no cop claimed there was no reason for a doc to open himself up to a NK so no doc claiming meant nothing, and it certainly didn't mean there wasn't a doc. Claus, as scum, would not have been confident claiming doc and expecting to not be countered. I also have a problem with assuming that Claus would have decided to no kill twice or that he would've targeted TheStranger twice. Both seem unlikely, and even if that was the case, I still don't think it would've given Claus the certainty about the lack of a doc to claim doc. On top of all that, he was the last to claim and was in perfect position to claim doc clean. Why claim town and then take it back and claim doc if you're scum, drawing unnecessary negative attention?

So yeah, I believe his claim. That doesn't mean he's right about his suspicions which is not a surprise since for some reason ABR has a nasty habit of thinking I'm scum when I'm not and getting me mislynched.
ABR wrote:Seeing Setael fishing for a role-blocker to determine whether she has to deal with a RB or a doc just reeks of scumminess.
Can you quote this fishing you're referring to? I certainly don't recall doing it. And while you're at it, explain to me why scum would care whether they have to "deal with" a RB or a doc? Isn't the effect the same? So what would it matter?

I don't see a townie self voting at this stage of the game. I think Ythill did it because he has no need to fear scum quick lynching him. He's the last scum and if he's on the wagon it's a safe gambit since everyone else are townies. I'm not surprised he's following ABR like a sheep. ABR is making it easy for Ythill to hide behind him.

I am glad the choice is between myself and Ythill. Either one gets us closer to a town win. If I'm lynched just kill Ythill tomorrow.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (isolation #44) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:43 am

Post by Setael »

Is that all you have? Because that isn't fishing. If the no kill had been caused by a roleblocker, they'd have come out and said who they blocked and it would've been game over. If it was caused by a doc, we'd have less info.

Your statement that everyone was "made to claim" not-RB is odd. Are you insinuating that I made them claim whether they were RB or not? I don't think that was even my idea.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (isolation #45) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by Setael »

So much for my confidence in a town win this game. I narrowed it down to myself and Ythill because I really don't see either of you being scum for these reasons:
Setael wrote:Regardless, I think this game is in the bag, even if I'm mislynched today. I find it extremely unlikely TheStranger was targeted twice, so the 2 no kills clear Thesp. Claus is cleared as doc - considering how nothing seemed to add up, I don't see scum fake claiming doc in his situation. Plus he comes off as town to me, even though his read of me is wrong. I also think it's unlikely that scum would target Thesp twice in a row, which means TheStranger is likely telling the truth about his role. It doesn't make sense to me that he would come up with a gambit to no kill immediately after replacing in, while planning to later claim BPT. So to me anyway, it's between me and Ythill.

So one of you is VERY good - either Thesp bussed the hell out of his partners to assure a win which seems unlikely, or TheStranger really did replace into the game and immediately no kill, which I also find unlikely.

Based mostly on this post, I'm leaning toward TheStranger as scum.
TheStranger wrote:
Setael wrote:TheStranger, if you're bulletproof that means there's a (albeit slim) chance there's no doc and in that case we don't want the cop (if any) to claim. When did you read the roleblocker claims from yesterday? Did you finish reading that before the day ended? I find it odd that you didn't mention it as soon as we started talking about role claiming - at least first thing today if you weren't finished reading the thread yesterday. What if a cop were to claim and then no doc claims? Now that we know you're bulletproof, it wouldn't necessarily mean the mafia was no killing, it could mean they targeted you twice.
1. "duh" on the mafia not no killing.
2. Why are you so sure there is a doc?
3. What did you expect me to mention earlier? The possibility of a bulletproof? After I'd likely just been targeted? I think scum might've noticed.

It seems like your having trouble adjusting to this realization. I'm sure scum were trying to out-think the "doc" by going after me twice in succesion.
In this post, TheStranger misconstrued my post and tried to throw suspicion at me for it. Thesp has not done that this game. I can see my assumptions about Stranger being wrong before I can see Thesp bussing both his partners the way those wagons went. I won't be voting anytime soon, but I'm leaning toward Stranger as scum.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (isolation #46) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:55 am

Post by Setael »

I detect a disturbing pattern here.
Flay - Lost Boy's death scene wrote: While not a particularly contributing member of society (or highly intelligent lifeform), Setael's worst crime was to be the target of the growing wrath and frustration of her fellow citizens.
Fonz wrote: Setael DeRossi was one of Panucci's most loyal servants. Sure, she wasn't noted for her brains. Nor her beauty.
I'm going to get a complex.

I knew I was done for when ABR replaced in (though experience tells me he would've gone after me whether I was scum or town). I consider it a personal win that I didn't get lynched yesterday.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (isolation #47) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:57 am

Post by Setael »

Fonz wrote:...she pulled a colt .45 from her coat pocket, and aimed straight for the heart of TheStranger, a local who'd somehow evaded her previous attempts to kill him.
P.S. This makes it sound like I targeted Someone2 twice. Not so. I targeted Thesp one of the No Kill nights. Either way, bad luck on both.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (isolation #48) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:07 am

Post by Setael »

ABR wrote:Claus was going after you anyway. Its not like he would've changed his mind, amirite Claus ?
Yeah, but no one can compete with your "shove it down their throats" style. I definitely find it tough to escape once it's aimed at me. I think that's a compliment.

I've lost as mafia more times than I'd like to admit, and I usually feel bad about letting down my team, but not so much this game. Thok wasn't nearly as active as I thought he'd be, and I still can't believe RossWilliam didn't claim doc before he was lynched. Believe me, it had been planned. One of those no kills would've been avoided if he could've drawn out the doc.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”