Mini 914 ~ Mafia Reverberation (Game Over!)

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #435 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:36 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Heeeeeeeeeeey everybody, especially SpyreX and Papa Zito, I've gotten a quick read done for gut reads, but I still have to go through most of page 11, Jazz's Words were just too much to handle.
Sotty is pretty bleh at the beginning of this and I was pretty suprised when her claim got so many of her votes off, especially with an unproven ability. I got SpyreX's reason for unvoting her down but everyone else's reasonings for hopping off that wagon would be appreciated.

Although SpyreX could very well be playing me, I really want to say he's town based on how he handled the doublevoter thing and a lack of scumminess.
SO I WILL.
SpyreX is town.

SC was probably a little overzealous with the whole GOT DEM SCUMZ on page 5, but he leans town right now. I'd actually be more worried about him if Sotty flips scum later than town, focusing on one person by page 5 is risky bizness for mafia unless they're bussing and know that the tunneling won't backfire on them once the lynch is done.

No read on Porkens yet, I'll probably go back and pay more attention to him later today.

Rhinox- The better lynch between him and MO, and his posts just feel off to me in the opposite of a huggy-cuddley way. I'll try to explain it better tonight.

MORE SOON.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #436 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:19 am

Post by Gammagooey »

MO hasn't posted since the 12th, which is bleh since I don't think he's scum based on his actual posts, the lack of them are the biggest thing against him, especially since (i thought) the entire point of a hydra was to prevent periods of inactivity.

VP is pushing pretty hard on SC and I'm not seeing the scummy from SC, but other than that it's a pretty null read, so VP is just the tiniest bit of a scum read to me right now. Shouldn't be lynched now though.

Jahudo-seems decent but I need to go over him in more detail

Nikanor is awesome, Nacho decidedly less so. slight town based on Nikanor's stuff.

Jazz-still need to read over that block of text, and blah lurking. Slight scum.

Herod- pretty much same boat as Porkens, need to read his posts more.

I'll be on tonight to answer questions and elaborate on Rhino.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #449 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:37 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Bleh is basically "I don't like it, so I'm going to stick my tongue out at it and say bleeeeh" More specifically, the Papa Zito half of MO doesn't seem like scum to me based on his posts (Zorblag I don't have experience with and it's been mostly Papa recently anyway) but the game that he WAS scum (with me) he was a lot less active than the other players- If his posts in this game weren't so spotty but had the same vibe (and a decent amount more scumhunting) then I would be pretty sure he was town. As it is, I'm not sure if he's scum who doesn't look it because of his absence or town that's having a lot of trouble posting.

Moar about Rhinox in a minute, and so Rhino can't pull of SHENANIGANS
Unincant

(Placeholder)
Incant:Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #450 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:21 am

Post by Gammagooey »

DEM RHINOS:

Little things that bug me-
Iso 1,3, and 4,5:
Overly questioning, seems like he wants other people to make his points for him by agreeing with him about porkens and zoaster
iso 14:again asking questions that very obviously imply his opinions instead of actually just stating his opinion-"But why is that suspect? Is it pro-scum to pretend to be oblivious to a V/LA? "
iso 16: His porkens explanation bugs me. I think the best way to explain it is that it seems kind of like a side note to the rest of the paragraph, like he decided who he was going to vote for first and then bothered finding an explanation for his vote

Bigger things that bug me-
iso 3:
says that he can't blame Juls for suspecting him, then goes into a barrage of questions. No "hey, I'll show you by not being scummy, i just sucked for two posts" or "No that's dumb here's why" but a combination of the two that acknowledges that he's playing poorly with no indication that he intends to improve.

iso 6:
Herod asks hey, clarification on who's scummy/not scummy, rhino responds with a lecture about SECRETS OF SCUMHUNTING, and stating for everyone else to hear that he's not sure if he can support a given hypothetical scenario and adds so many qualifiers to the paragraph that he might as well be planning his way out for the future.

Things that have next to no relevance in regards to scuminess but I really hate it:
ending a paragraph in an ellipsis. It seems like you're waiting for someone to come in and do the work of finishing your paragraph for you and it makes me RAGE.

If we're lynching both MO and Rhinox, they need to cross-vote to ensure no shenanigans.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #453 (isolation #4) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:53 am

Post by Gammagooey »

It would be nice, but since neither of them have posted in 3 days I probably shouldn't expect it. Next best thing would be two people voting to give them the threshold # of votes very close to the intensity increase. When exactly tommorrow does it increase?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #468 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Ah, and now everyone shows up.

So, I'm gonna list some possibilities based on Rhinox's claim.

1) He's moychandaiser. 3rd party, should be purged because he has no incentive to actually help the town except to stay alive.

2)He's as he claims, a townie with the moychandaising ability. We can test it with the same thing as under 3.

3)He's mafia who's taking advantage of Herod's claim of recieving an item for a convincing fakeclaim with very little risk of being cced, given that if the actual moychandaiser claims he's (he being the actual moychandaiser) probably screwed. Possible solution-ask that his next merchandise thing be given to a small pool of one of 2-3 people. If they don't get one and someone else does, LYANCH.

4)He's mafia with moychandaising ability. Not particularly likely IMO though.

I still think we should lynch him for being scummy, but if he lives past today I think this is the way to test him.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #476 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Yeah, my idea for the moychandaising thing only finds the difference between maf and not-maf. So as I said, lyanch is fine.

MO, why are there so many double voters. for serious.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #481 (isolation #7) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:05 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Porkens, I can not read you at all.

Unincant, Incant:Jazzmyn

Jazz what are your opinions on this double-voting madness.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #485 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

If two people are going to be the lynches today, how is it not a good idea for them to crossvote to make sure the other doesn't hammer while waiting for the intensity to drop? Yes, it certainly has more flaws now that half the game is double vote party but an intelligent maf will hammer at L-1 instead of allowing himself to be lynched with the other guy.

-Small text because I got ninja'd and it's basically the same stuff.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #489 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Nah SC, if two town players are up it's better to lynch them both at once than to have one kill the other, have a maf kill, and then lynch another townie the next day.
It would be even better to lynch neither of them in that scenario or to lynch a maf, but you get my point I think.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #508 (isolation #10) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Gammagooey »

That was a great story. Good show.

NOW THEN.

Rhinox, how do you feel about MO and vice-versa. aka, would you be willing to crossvote?

VP, let's go into imaginary land and pretend Rhino hasn't claimed yet. If he is scum, what do you think he will claim to be?

Sotty, what do you think of MO's claim and SpyreX's story?

If crossvote is deemed unlikely to happen by 6-7pmish (EST) I'll throw my vote on Rhino.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #528 (isolation #11) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Gammagooey wrote:Sotty is pretty bleh at the beginning of this and I was pretty suprised when her claim got so many of her votes off, especially with an unproven ability. I got SpyreX's reason for unvoting her down but everyone else's reasonings for hopping off that wagon would be appreciated.

SpyreX is town.
SpyreX wrote:(At this point between the two of you if I could arrange it I'd rather see Sotty go butttt).
SUDDENLY,
Incant:Sotty
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #536 (isolation #12) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

SpyreX wrote:Thats all awesome and all BUT want to weigh in on anything else goin on?
I suppose.

Rhino should still die, lynching on scumminess>lynching on a claim, and how many times have mafia claimed a survivor like role because durr WIFOM why would maf claim a survivor like role? (answer:quite a few times)

The thing with MO being willing to single hammer Rhino is a bit scummy, but I like Sotty lyanch better than him mostly on gut from Sotty's early posts.

Telepathy doesn't seem that useful but claiming two provable abilities strengthens the chances of him being town in my mind.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #563 (isolation #13) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

VP Baltar wrote:Or should we wait three more days. I feel like a purge today would be good, but scum could also be lurking like hell atm too waiting for town fail today.
4 votes to lynch with this many double voters is, in fact, Bleh.
Jahudo wrote:Does anyone think Rhinox could be mafia?
Could be? Definitely yes, as explained with my amazing CHART O' POSSIBILITIES.

Is maf? Much more likely to be 3rd party as already stated, so I'd still like to get rid of him.

@spyreX-Herod wagon? nah, didn't get a bad gut feeling from him.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #585 (isolation #14) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

SpyreX obviously thinks I am also a double voter due to DEADLINE MADNESS.

A 3-way adding MO lynch just doesn't seem like it would end well to me: Either we lose a townie by tacking him on the end or he moves his vote to one of the other people and laughs at us until we lynch him tommorrow. Granted, that would still mean we got one scum, but I think he's town.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #595 (isolation #15) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Whelp, I are sad but I'll claim if 4 people declare their intention to vote me otherwise.

I support Rhino/Sotty for the lynchings.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #602 (isolation #16) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

VP Baltar wrote:i prefer Rhinox/Gam.

Gam, I don't suggest you claim until asked. This could change.
ME wrote:Whelp, I are sad but I'll claim
if 4 people declare their intention to vote me otherwise.
Derp.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #618 (isolation #17) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Vi wrote:
Incantation:

:arrow:
Rhinox (P-2)
~
Nachomamma8
SpyreX
Herodotus
, Mighty Orbots
:arrow:
Sotty7 (P-2)
~
-INCANT-
SpyreX
Gammagooey

Mighty Orbots (P-3) ~
Jahudo
SerialClergyman
VP Baltar
Sotty7

Porkens (P-3)
~
Rhinox
SerialClergyman

SerialClergyman (P-4)
~
Jazzmyn
Sotty7, VP Baltar

Gammagooey (P-4)
~
Mighty Orbots,
Porkens

--NO PURGE-- (P-4)
~
VP Baltar

SpyreX (P-5)
~
SpyreX

Jazzmyn (P-5)
~
Gammagooey

VP Baltar (P-5)
~
VP Baltar
SerialClergyman wrote:Gammagooey is my second of 2 town reads. I'm not voting him. I'd prefer sotty/rhinox.
Sotty/Rhino is possible with one more person assuming SC will vote for one, and no more if MO uses his double vote.

Sotty/SC would be okay with me, but i'd still perfer Sotty/Rhino.

20 Minutes to deadline.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #660 (isolation #18) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

So, next two not-currently-voters decide the lynch pretty much.

SC if you're gonna vote for Rhino or Sotty now would be a good time to say which one you're voting for.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #677 (isolation #19) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Did Not see that coming.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #691 (isolation #20) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

I seriously can't believe we just pulled a triple lynch off, although that was some ballsy stuff VP pulled off
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #709 (isolation #21) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Vi wrote: All of the possible abilities in the game are listed below.
Each ability will be preceded by "Once during the game" or "Once during each Incantation".
SOMETHING DOESN'T QUITE SEEM TO MESH HERE.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #714 (isolation #22) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

That's...fairly believable actually, although it certainly doesn't make you town in my eyes.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #739 (isolation #23) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Well, wrong about MO and Sotty, right about Rhinox and SC. Rereading a bit.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #743 (isolation #24) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Hokay, thoughts.

VP pushed crazy hard on SC and was the reason why SC got lynched, tried to get a Sotty/SC lynch near the end of all the madness yesterday before forcing SC's lynch with his double vote.

I finally get to have a read on Porkens thanks to Rhino's pushing on him, slight town.

Nikanor is amazing, Nacho inherits his awesomeness. town.

I don't view Jahudo as townie as the rest of you do, and he didn't think Rhino was a good lynch, currently neutral/more-paranoid-about-him-than-the-rest-of-you.

SpyreX is still town.

Jazz i don't have a good read on one way or another.

Incant:VP Baltar
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #748 (isolation #25) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

I can see how my attitude towards MO makes me look scummy, but Rhinox? He was the most suspicious of anyone to me and I pushed pretty hard to help get him lynched.

MO I legitmately thought was town, and I was wrong. If you're voting me mostly for that, I'm okay with it.

As for VP being "willing" to lynch Rhino, if he had come out much harder against it I think you'd be looking at him a lot more right now.

Him against MO I do have to look at more I think though.

I can also get behind SpyreX for a Jazz lynch. You testing to see if your double vote is one-shot or once per incantation now Spy?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #752 (isolation #26) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Eh, we've got two scum down by the start of day 2, losing a double vote isn't the worst thing in the world.

Okay for this next part I'm mostly going through VP's iso so if there's some important context I missed point it out to me.

In his iso 58 he incants MO because of someone else's argument, I'm assuming Jahudo's.
In 65, he goes back to SC, although he does add a comment about me-SC-MO scumteam.

I don't see his own reasoning for wanting to lynch MO until iso 75, and less than a (real-time) day later he states that he's having misgivings about voting MO, and MO isn't even mentioned in any of the madness-time compromises he suggests for the day's lynchings. I personally think that that was a bus on MO that he gave up when Rhinox was looking like the more likely to be lynched between the two.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #753 (isolation #27) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:09 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Ho <redacted> I might have just realized something.

Herod has Destiny Bond and Summon.
Herod also thought VP was lying about something.
Herod might have given either a doublevote or a different ability to VP, and thought he was lying about either how he has two double votes or that he would become a vanilla after using double vote twice.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #755 (isolation #28) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:48 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Say whatcha want, I'm just trying to put the pieces together.

If Herod thought you were lying before twilight, I think he would have mentioned it sometime before then.
The comment came after Hero asked you:
"Why did you make a full role claim during twilight? That doesn't seem very helpful."
Your answer that started with "Because" certainly seems to state that it was a full roleclaim.
His abilities seem to give a reason why he would suspect you of lying about that.

Of course, this could all be one big misunderstanding, so have one post to show that you're innocent.

Was the description of your role that you gave in twilight a full claim?
If so, did you get the second doublevote in another PM after your first role PM?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #760 (isolation #29) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:48 am

Post by Gammagooey »

So how does "wasn't the entirety of my abilities" mesh with this exactly?
VP Baltar wrote:I can do this twice
before I become vanilla.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #763 (isolation #30) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:52 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Also, you know what's pretty great? Me saying I thought Herod was right about you lying, you saying I'm scummy for saying so, and then you admitting that you lied.

That's pretty great alright.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #768 (isolation #31) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:37 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Here's the thing VP. I still think you're lying, but at the very least, you are/were deliberately misleading people about your role, which I do not see as anything resembling town behavior.

In addition, you put your own survival and opinions over the well-being of everyone else, both with the twilight claim (can you honestly say that we'd be worse off with you gone instead of Herod, who we both thought was town even as we're attacking each other now) and with the last second double vote to get your way on the lynch.

Earlier, you said
VPBaltar wrote:I am of the pretty strong opinion that we should not purge more than two players, at least for the first phase. Not knowing what will happen in the night phase is a big variable that I would like to see before we push more purges than that at a time."
but you didn't even follow your own words and threw another townie into the fire.

You got off both Rhino and MO's backs after they had claimed, not offering MO in any of the compromise lynches you suggested even with your 2nd biggest case on him, and I think you figured Rhino was screwed eventually anyway.

In the last few minutes (15ish before the lynch), you ordered people around to try and arrange a last minute Sotty/SC lynch, one of the only suggested ones that would have landed no scum at all.

I just do not see that being town play in the slightest.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #773 (isolation #32) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:06 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Sorry for the wall of text in advance.
VP Baltar wrote: You said I lied. Additionally, you tried to imply that hero saw the same thing when HE COULD NOT HAVE KNOWN WHAT MY ABILITES ARE.
Did you read the description for the abilities he had? He could give an ability to someone at the beginning of every incantation. If he had given one to you, he would have known that and that you were either lying or hiding something from the rest of us.
VP Baltar wrote: There was nothing anti-town about my behavior whatsoever. That information was of no use to the town at that time and would have only helped the scum.
Yes, which is why you shouldn't have claimed to become vanilla after your double vote in the first place.
VP Baltar wrote:
gamma wrote:In addition, you put your own survival and opinions over the well-being of everyone else
This is a ridiculous exaggeration of the situation.
I don't think it is. Drawing the night kill away from you will only make it hit another townie, and you put your wants over everyone else's when you brought the double vote up out of nowhere.
VP Baltar wrote:
Gamma wrote:can you honestly say that we'd be worse off with you gone instead of Herod, who we both thought was town even as we're attacking each other now
It's not my fault hero said something stupid and the scum (you) killed him today to try and make me look bad.
I don't think Herod is stupid. I know he thought you were lying about something. If you think my theory is dumb, give me a new one, but him giving you an ability and thinking you were lying about it makes the most sense to me.
VPBaltar wrote:
gamma wrote:you didn't even follow your own words and threw another townie into the fire.
I did want only two purges, but the shift by MO at the end of the day made me really unhappy. I saw MO and SC as likely buddies and if the lynch had gone that way and I was right, both of them would have gotten away scot free. I wanted to take one down so I could catch the other one the next day. I was only 50% correct, sue me.
If you had actually stated your intentions beforehand, I would have probably been okay with the triple lynch. Instead you kept a secret, and hid your intentions from everyone while telling them to get on SC, forcing it when you couldn't get popular support.
VP Baltar wrote:
Gamma wrote:You got off both Rhino and MO's backs after they had claimed, not offering MO in any of the compromise lynches you suggested even with your 2nd biggest case on him, and I think you figured Rhino was screwed eventually anyway.
My views on rhino were made very clear throughout the day. I wasn't even really "on his back" to begin with, just that I thought he could be third party and wasn't of a huge concern. And are you really trying to argue that I didn't want MO to go after I had been pushing for him most of the day? My prefered lynch yesterday was MO/SC, I said that multiple times and most every ignored me or said that they saw MO as town (you). I can't lynch someone myself.
Here's the thing. I want you to go back to the votecounts, and look at who's voting for MO and when. I may have been wrong about MO, but they guy I replaced (zoaster) sure as hell wasn't. From Vi's iso 17 votecount to iso 30, he was the first person to vote for MO, and until after the iso 30 votecount was only ever joined by one other person (Sotty). You were the P-2 vote, and dropped off the wagon same day I replaced zoaster and left the wagon so Rhino (who was in fact scum) wouldn't be able to hammer MO. I see this as a bus that you dropped off of when it looked like he had a decent chance of living.
gamma wrote:In the last few minutes (15ish before the lynch), you ordered people around to try and arrange a last minute Sotty/SC lynch, one of the only suggested ones that would have landed no scum at all.
VP Baltar wrote:Someone had to get lynched and that was the compromise that had been reached. I wasn't happy about it at all as I was pretty sure that Sotty was town, but if she had to go to get my top suspect lynched, so be it.

How is it not town play to try and get a lynch organized properly?

I actually want to look back specifically at that final bit and see when Gamma was posting and what he was saying. I think if he is scum during that chaos phase it should be fairly obvious if he was trying to be subtle in his lynch direction.

In the meantime, Gamma, what benefit do you think I as light assassian would have gained by voting SC like I did? What would be my motivation to do that?
See, to me i viewed the Rhino/Sotty lynch as the compromise that just about everyone agreed on, with you being the most vocal dissenter. Instead of letting the other people who hadn't yet voted decide which of the three to lynch, you specifically told them to go to either Sotty or SC. If anyone WASN'T getting lynched by people following your orders, it would have been Rhinox.

The obvious benefit would have been to get another townie lynched, and although you had looked suspicious MO would still be alive, with a lot of distancing from both your and Rhinox's scummy behavior, and could hopefully carry your team to the win, especially if you could delay your lynch by one more day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
VP if Herod gave it to you (which is what I've been trying to say all day) it would have had to be given out in the first 48 hours of the incantation and it would have been one of 3 abilities chosen by Vi, I wouldn't really be suprised if it seemed kind of random.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #779 (isolation #33) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

VP Baltar wrote:What are people's thoughts on jazz, gamma and myself cross purging each other today?
I would support this. It would eliminate pretty much the 3 scummiest players in just about everyone's eyes, and give the town one last chance if one scum is hiding in the townie players group.

Jahudo-The biggest reason for it is that Rhino and MO were both at Purge-1 when I came in, and I figured that after around 3 weeks of debating and arguing that my opinion wouldn't actually change much, and that if they were the lynches they should crossvote so that if one is scum they can't pull a free night-kill out of their ass by quickhammering.

On Rhinox's possibilities: This is kind of a habit of mine. I play a lot more on epicmafia.com than I do here (chat mafia site) and in setups with a decent number but still finite number of variables (usually something like janitors and yakuzas in regards to claims) I find it helpful to try and figure out all the possibilities for what the hell could have happened. I think it helps people discuss which possibilities are actually causing what's happening in-game, and thinking up stuff like that helps a ton when crazy stuff happens that would normally wind up as loltownsucksgg (tracker gets a non-visiting bodyguard because the bg got hooked by a roleblocker)
In this specific case it was mostly to point out that although everyone thought he was the moychendaiser, he could be scum leeching off an actual moychendaiser's work to avoid getting cced. (this wasn't actually the case, but alls well that ends well)

TL;DR: I do it to find THE TWOOTH.

Between Nikanor posts was Rhinox's flip, not actually much difference in reads.

I've read through Jazz's text but after that it just goes dead for so long, and I've already screwed up one lurker read pretty bad this game, I just don't feel that I can really gauge Jazz's play accurately.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #785 (isolation #34) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:08 am

Post by Gammagooey »

A survivor would just win with the town if he was still alive with only townies. If it was survivor, mafia, and 2 town, then yeah that would be a problem. I don't think that's the case though.
No matter what kind of scum, if there's only one left (be it SK or maf) with the 3 townies after the purge, town can still pull it off.

It would be a bit hard to get the number of votes required today, but I have an idea for that, so I'd rather people just say if they like it or not for today.

VP, could you ask the mod whether the ability you got was due to last minute balancing or a game-related mechanic?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #791 (isolation #35) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:13 am

Post by Gammagooey »

VP was the line adding Summon the only thing that changed with your role PM? (Aka no removed or additional abilities other than that)
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #793 (isolation #36) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:19 am

Post by Gammagooey »

So why don't you have Destiny Bond to fill in the player slots like Herod did?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #796 (isolation #37) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:43 am

Post by Gammagooey »

No, it proves that you either used an Active ability, or that you don't actually have a double vote. Although you probably did use it honestly, I don't see you being ballsy enough to fakeclaim giving an ability to someone when all it takes is people stating whether or not they got anything to test the claim.

And as infuriating as your answers are to me, you could still be town that has just really screwed up their claim. I just don't believe that you are.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #799 (isolation #38) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:02 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Look at it from my perspective.
Herod has an ability that would explain why he thought you were lying about your claim, I suggest this possibility and you call me scummy for it.
You admit to having a 3rd ability that you got in a 2nd role PM, meaning I'm scummy for suggesting a possibility that could very well be the truth.
This same 3rd ability exists when you previously stated that using the 2nd doublevote would make you vanilla.
I ask you about whether or not you have an ability that goes with the ability you claimed and you say that you don't, then that you didn't check your role PM and you missed it.

If you were in my position, wouldn't you be a little frustrated right now?

SpyreX-I'm mostly worried about last minute kills and doublevotes, if we purge everyone except one person but the scum has something like Vindictive Being, we would still lose from everyone being dead. I'd personally rather have me, Jazz, and VP lynched and have the last 3 (if the game is still going) find the towniest and have the other two crossvote and get double purged, but I guess that still has the same problems with a kill or Vindictive Being. I dunno.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #809 (isolation #39) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:11 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

First Incant(stays on):VP Baltar
Double Incant/Incantum Imaginarium:Gammagooey

Yeah, slept on it and still like the triple purge then a double purge of the remaining two if it gets that far.
What I hereby support:
Me,Jazz, and VP getting lyanched today.

An almost massclaim also happening today- I think everyone should fullclaim every ability EXCEPT for three if they exist: Foresight, Sixth Sense, and Third Eye. If one person has any of those abilities, they can create either a nigh-confirmed town or find (hopefully) the last scum. This allows anyone with Third Eye to test one person's abilities without worrying about them changing them after the investigation.

The final 3 (one of the last 4 dies from the NK) decide on the most towniest tommorrow if the game is still going, and the other two crossvote and get double purged. (you should probably test for double votes again while it's still 3 to purge).

Also Porkens is the doublevote a one-shot or no?

Thoughts/feelings/Flaws/Annoyances/Shenanigans of this plan?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #810 (isolation #40) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:13 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Blah bolding
Double Incant:Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #816 (isolation #41) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:58 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Jahudo wrote:@Gamma: what scum motivation would VP have from hiding his Summon ability?
The ability doesn't benefit him, and I don't think he was consciously trying to out whoever gave him the power. More like he was trying to make himself less appealing to scum NKs.
The only reason I could think of is that he would hide it to prevent himself from looking too powerful: Both of the other two mafia have 3 active abilities, with only one townie having that many. With the abilities VP has he seems to be around the power level of Sotty if the Summon was given as a balancing mechanism by Vi, and Sotty was stated to be one of the most experienced townies.

And no, that doesn't make him mafia, but things like that make me really, really paranoid. At this point if I HAD to choose between him and Jazz I would probably go Jazz for opposing the triple purge, saying that the people advocating it are most likely scum/SK (especially when me and VP are both suggesting that we be lynched with her) and not giving any solid alternative or lynch in place of a triple purge, only stating that me and VP both have good points about each other.

However, if I let VP get away with the last-second lynch of SC and screwing up his claim and he turns up scum, I would be raging at myself for quite some time.

A little elaboration on the triple purge and why I like it: If VP or Jazz is the last scum, they're f---ed. There's pretty much nothing they can do to win it at that point, no matter what abilities they have. A mass purge today that leaves only one person has just about the exact same risks that leaving 4 alive today do and waiting until tommorrow to purge 2 more does- if theres a scum with Gepenst in the townie block, they could kill the last townie and win via scorched earth whether they're lynched today or not. I don't think that's likely due to all the double voters, but I think most combinations of problems that exist in a triple lynch would also screw us over in a mass purge (unless we leave 2 townies alive instead of one, which is also damn risky).

So yeah. Anyway.

VP, since you're suprised nobody's mentioned it, I might as well ask. If you were a lyncher, who would your last target be?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #818 (isolation #42) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Because the whole staying alive to win thing definitely doesn't matter at all :P.

Nacho himself doesn't actually deserve the town read, Nikanor is the same player slot though and pushed Rhino pretty damn hard.

Hey Nacho, I was pretty sure I saw you viewing this forum at the same time I was earlier today, why no posts?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #820 (isolation #43) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Yes, you suggest individual purges and using night abilities to find scum.

Except you aren't actually suggesting any particular individual purge, and I don't see you scumhunting right now. Don't expect other people to do the work for you, suggest a purge and give reasons why if you want today to go that way.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #830 (isolation #44) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:55 am

Post by Gammagooey »

So since my role isn't exactly useful, and it's looking like I'm going to be part of the super-fun-time-triple-purge, I'm going to go ahead and claim.

I have one active ability and no passives.

My one active ability is Dissolution. This kills me but allows me to keep posting in-thread. I can use this at any time. Aside from any annoyance that may arise from my continued posting, the only real usefulness I have is making a triple lynch easier.

Vi:Are we allowed to name claim?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #835 (isolation #45) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:28 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Jahudo wrote:
Gammagooey wrote:

Vi:Are we allowed to name claim?
Are you implying that you aren't a Dark Eminence? I wouldn't put it past him to gambit if he was the last of the light mafias and most if not all of us support his purging. But it isn't a good gambit since most of us also feel we have a favorable town: scum ratio.
I am allied with the Dark Eminences, but I also have quite a unique name. You'll see what I mean assuming that Vi says it's okay.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #843 (isolation #46) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Vi wrote:
Gammagooey 830 wrote:Vi:Are we allowed to name claim?
It wouldn't be against any rules.
<3.

I am Tarhalindur, Garo Master over Mafia.

Porkens if you answered this earlier I missed it, is your double vote a one-shot?

@VP-I could wait until tommorrow to use it, but that would mean we're restricted to a double purge today to make sure that there are still enough people so that town numbers>maf numbers after the maf kill and dissolution. (I won't have a vote after i'm dissolved) Personally I think the best options are either me using it today, or being trusted enough to not have to use it. (I can still just be part of a double purge on the last day if I'm one of the last 3).

@Porkens-downside is I'm dead, no moar vote etc. Only difference from being purged is that I don't need votes to die, I can do it whenever, and I can keep talking.

I still support a triple lynch, preferably with Jazz/VP and one other, if it's me then dissolvan time, if not I'd be okay with Porkens or Nacho. I could probably also be convinced to not lynch VP yet if I'm really the only one this paranoid of him.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #845 (isolation #47) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:27 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Eh, I can see either Nikanor pulling off that bus or Rhino bussing Porkens, I'd perfer Porkens though unless SpyreX can teach me these amazing secrets he must know in order to read Porkens.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #856 (isolation #48) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:47 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

SpyreX wrote:And, please help me parse this out because now I'm paranoid there are two scum left which changes everything:
(F) Still, Small Voice. You may speak with each member of your faction (____, _____, _____, and _____) privately at any time in this QuickTopic.
I really don't think that there are 4 mafia. For one thing, despite there being thousands of double voters the mafia would have 5-6 votes at the start of the game to 12 players, which would have a very real possibility to lead either a LYLO or MYLO d2 assuming maf played their cards right d1-A double purge of two townies would lead to a 5-4 game after a maf kill, single townie purge would lead to 6-4, and if the maf kill was a double voter town would have almost no chance of coming back, ESPECIALLY when maf can daytalk and co-ordinate a townie purge after a few days of the intensity ticking down.

This doesn't rule out a maf-sided 3rd party as a 4th scum (lyncher/SK), but I don't see 4 mafia as being balanced at all, espeeecially when at least one has a double vote.

Feel less stressed now?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #866 (isolation #49) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

@jahhudo-VP said that he has a double vote but used summon instead so he can't use the second double vote until tommorrow (this is what Nacho said except with letters)

(completely un-)PROFESSIONAL OPINION-

Jazz should claim to see if she can in fact be proven to be town somehowz.

People should state their second favorite lynch and probably vote on it (Everyone loves Jazz for the top spot)

I would like 3 of the 5 to die, VP is still second spot for me: Jazz VP Nacho Jahudo me.

Redundancy is redundant and SpyreX is town, and I think I can see why he thinks Porkens is town (asking SpyreX to prove he wouldn't do something as scum but more importantly changing to
Rhino
in the minutes before the lynch to try and prevent a quickhammer), if not why he thinks it so strongly. I want to let him live if SpyreX is that confident of him.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #873 (isolation #50) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Gammagooey wrote: (this is what Nacho said except with letters)
I do believe I used the letter 'y' a number of times.
Gammagooey wrote: (this is what Nacho said except with letter
s
)
Jazz, fill us in, why couldn't have Sotty fired zat shot.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #880 (isolation #51) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:25 am

Post by Gammagooey »

VP Baltar wrote:My ideal triple purge is Jazz, Nacho, Porkens. Then if necessary Gamma uses dissolution tomorrow.
Have you actually done the math on this? It doesn't work out. 7-3(purged)-1(night killed)-1(dissolved)=2 players, maf/scum wins.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #882 (isolation #52) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:29 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Yes, if you're alive, town, and the only one with a double vote that would work out if i trusted you that much.
But I don't.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #893 (isolation #53) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:39 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Now we're getting somewhere.

Is sixth sense once per game or per incantation?

Also VP is summon once per game or once per incantation?

(Who can see where I'm going with this)
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #895 (isolation #54) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:49 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Oh derp I completely missed the change any submission that has not yet resolved.
I'm now okay with a single purge.

Incant:Jazzmyn

VP should Jazz turn out to be the last scum I apologize for dem tunnelans.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #899 (isolation #55) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Jazzmyn wrote:
Gammagooey wrote:Is sixth sense once per game or per incantation?
Once per incantation. Seal is once per game.

Regards,
Jazz
A Little late, considering you're already purged. At least you can watch more hockey now :D

Vi
: How many Snackoos is an appropriate bribe for an early flip?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #910 (isolation #56) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Fun times, although I was of pretty much no help except making sure Rhino got lynched.

Good game, <3 for the early flip too Vi!

Also I was a little suprised when Jahudo asked me if I wasn't a Dark Eminence and I realized I was the only one with a name >.>

*Readan role descriptions*
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #919 (isolation #57) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:50 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Herodotus wrote:Well done, town!

As far as the summoning issue is concerned, Gammagooey had it pretty much right. Juls had chosen Rhinox and VP for destiny bond. Since she suspected Rhinox, she gave VP summon. (The other choices were Antihero (investigation immunity) and Echoing Voice.)
VP, I'm sorry if you think it was stupid to contradict your statements about your role. But I had a reason to believe that you had made a fakeclaim -- I even double checked that your statement was meant as a full claim. The site meta tends to be that fakeclaims are scummy.
I feel ever-so-slightly vindicated for dem tunnelings now.
SpyreX wrote:Hehe, nothing like an untouchable brain damaged town.
Psh, like we would ever want to get rid of such an amusing POWERFUL WIZARD.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”