Mini 210: Secret Ballot Mafia- The Ballotbox is Closed!

Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #256 (isolation #0) » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:37 am

Post by Thok »

Hi everybody, I'm replacing STD. (Waves to everybody but ibaesha :D).

On reading the thread, I'm suspicious right now of mathcam and SpeedyKQ. Mathcam seems to me like he's trying to control the town, and he flip-flopped several times on Chococid- FOSing him early day 1, then not including him in his three scummiest people that day and being one of the last people day 2 to support the Chococid lynch. SpeedyKQ I'm suspicious of because of Pariah's behavior day 1-the SK thing was somewhat suspicious, and he seemed somewhat chatty with Chococid.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #257 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:08 am

Post by Thok »

Apparently everybody values secrecy a lot in this game. Bumping to get people's attention and also to mention that I'll be busy Monday and may not post at all during the day.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #268 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:10 pm

Post by Thok »

ibaesha wrote:While Astronaut was on a lot of day 1 lists, when I did my initial read I didn't find him scummy. I still don't.
See, now you're posting my thoughts before I do. Especially early day 1, Astronaut struck me as extremely pro-town, especially for being one of earliest people to support Someone's plan for handling town's vote, which seems like it's help town a lot.

Incidentally, that's part of why I find mathcam somewhat scummy-he was the first person to suggest Astronaut was being scummy on day 1 (in post 87) and basically created the antiAstronaut bandwagon out of thin air (espcially since his major argument was that Astronaut was attacking Chococid).
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #275 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:41 pm

Post by Thok »

Someone, mathcam, I'm just saying what I saw on reading the thread. I felt like I didn't clearly demonstrate why I was suspicious of mathcam, so I gave some more details.

However, I do think that SpeedyKQ is a better lynch today than mathcam.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #283 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:03 pm

Post by Thok »

mathcam wrote:I'd be ready to vote inHim if that bandwagon had/has any support.

Cam
If somebody would explain why inhim is suspicious, I'd considered going along with it. I literally just reread to thread focusing on inhim, and all that did was make me find mathcam more suspicious for consistently pushing inhim as likely scum. While inhim hasn't been posting much, what he has posted makes sense. Inhim's also the person who got suggested that town get a raj claim before going to voting day 1-I'm not convinced that scum would help protect a townie that way.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #287 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:59 am

Post by Thok »

Well, my personal feelings are

1. SpeedyKQ
2. mathcam

If I had to put a third, I'd put Someone, but only because I'm not that suspicious of any of Astro/Inhim/ibaesha.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #300 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:54 pm

Post by Thok »

I'd like to hear from Someone and get Astronaut's official preferences before we go to vote-that means that Inhim's last post scares me a little. I still feel Speedy is a better lynch target than mathcam, but right now it seems like we're leaning towards a mathcam lynch.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #305 (isolation #7) » Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:16 pm

Post by Thok »

Four people have already said they would have mathcam as their top vote getter today (inhim, ibaesha, Speedy, and Astronaut), and I've got him as second to Speedy. (This of course may have changed after the most recent posts; I don't know what people still feel about Inhim or others). That's already enough of a threat to talk about claiming; the additional vote now threat doesn't really add anything.

Incidentally, I do feel that we've got a stronger connection between Speedy and Chococid then between mathcam and Chococid, but I'll go along with the town's choice to lynch.

Does anybody know what happened to Someone? He hasn't posted on Scum in October, and it would be nice to hear from him.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #314 (isolation #8) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:42 pm

Post by Thok »

Barring some massive last minute argument from Someone (or his replacement), I think we're going to be voting mathcam today. It seems like nobody cares about his claim of townie, which worries me a little though.

We should wait for Someone to be replaced, otherwise I'd be willing to go to voting.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #317 (isolation #9) » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:30 pm

Post by Thok »

Sigh.

Any news on Someone's replacement?

Since a majority of people want to vote mathcam, I'll support that and say that I'm willing to
vote now
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #330 (isolation #10) » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:59 pm

Post by Thok »

I need to do a more careful rereading of the thread, but I'm still think SpeedyKQ is best lynch for today. I'm going to assume that we are at lynch or lose, so we shouldn't go to a vote unless we can get a consensus of 4 people to agree on a fifth person to vote for.

If anybody's a cop, they might want to consider claiming now, especially if they can help us catch scum today.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #342 (isolation #11) » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:15 am

Post by Thok »

I was already happy with voting Speedy today, as mentioned earlier.

Tfyo, could you tell us who were the dead people that you/Someone investigated? While that information won't help us find who is scum, it will help us determine the validity of your claim.

Also, there's a chance that we have a back-up cop, given that we had a back-up doc. It might be worthwhile for that person to claim; among other things it will help us confirm that Tyfo is a cop. (I'll leave it up to the back-up cop's judgement to decide whether that's a good idea; for example, I'm not sure what would happen if multiple people claim back-up cop.)
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #344 (isolation #12) » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:13 pm

Post by Thok »

If you want, we could lynch inhim or myself instead (obviously, I know I'm protown, but I probably have to convince everybody else of that). I find the argument for inhim being scum less compelling then the early day 1 behavior of Pariah and the apparent Chococid connection, but in any case we shouldn't vote until we get everybody to agree on a consensus-we don't want to give scum a chance to rig the election.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #351 (isolation #13) » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:21 pm

Post by Thok »

Ibaesha, I'm scummy because I'm willing to consider the possibility of being lynched? That's the strangest comment I've heard all day; it's not like I actively pushed myself as a lynching candidate, I just listed it as an option. It makes me wonder if there's a chance you could be a godfather with cop protection. (Also, an ordinary 3 scum group doesn't seem strong enough against a town with a claimed cop, a claimed vig and two docs.)
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #353 (isolation #14) » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:06 pm

Post by Thok »

inHimshallibe wrote:
Thok wrote:It makes me wonder if there's a chance you could be a godfather with cop protection.
X

That's extremely over-powered in this type of setup, and you know it. You're not pulling that past me, at least.
It's not that much more overpowered than it would be in any other set-up: we still have discussion each day, and the way to detect a godfather with cop protection is by his behavior in thread and how he reacts to various accusations. If you are pro-town, you should be worried about scenarioes like this.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #365 (isolation #15) » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:18 am

Post by Thok »

Bah. I blew this game for scum-I had Someone/Tyfo fingered as a cop in my conversations with Speedy, but decided at the last minute that Astronaut might be a copish role instead. Yesterday is much more interesting if I choose correctly to kill Tyfo, and we have a much better shot at winning.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”