Post Apocalyptic Mafia - Mini 1226: Over!

Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Here are my first impressions of this thread:

No but seriously, I'm all for being aggressive, but saying things like "you were blowing me hard faggot" is a little much. Can we tone down that sort of language from here on out?

Gaoth: what do you think of SaM so far? Beyond the fact that the wagon on him is quick forming that is. Also, yes, I remember voting for you in 90's mafia. Thanks for reminding me just how terribly that game went for us :igmeou: .

Zajnet: How experienced are you in mafia? How many games have you played on/offsite?

CSL: Why and how are you so sure that Fate is town? Reasoning would be a plus here.

Vote: SaM
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:33 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

FTR, I'm not voting for SaM because of his language. And words like fuck, shit, etc., don't bother me, especially when used for emphasis. They are great words when used in the right context. I just think that overly confrontational, aggressive language like, for example, what SaM posted, crosses the line from useful rhetoric to offensive and pointless swearing.

No, basically I have three reasons for voting for SaM:
1. He's the largest wagon
2. He doesn't look town to me at this point
3. Fate is voting for him

I think that any of those reasons is good enough for a vote at this stage in the game, so to have three of them to work with makes me very confident with my vote.

Preview Edit: @Reg, my questions are not fluff. My read on Zaj will depend on how experienced he is at mafia, and I'm curious what CSL's thought process was in arriving at Fatetown. Also, the word "off" has two f's. Just sayin :P
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:14 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Gaoth wrote:The fuck is this shit? Voting for the largest wagon? Anti town at best, scum at worst. Also, sheeping fate won't earn you many town points. I'm not sure about fate points though. Maybe he likes that.

Voting the largest wagon gets us out of RVS quickly. It makes people take stances quickly (i.e., diddin and CSL for the wagon, you and Reg against it). And it encourages competing wagons. All of these are good things, and since the only negative (a quicklynch of town) would make the scum voters extremely obvious, there's really no danger in pushing the largest wagon hard at this point in the game.

Fate is a very polarizing player, and a natural leader. He's going to be able to pressure players and get reactions in a way that few others in this game can match. I'm willing to go along with his suspicions for the time being, because I have no real suspects and he seems to have no shortage of them.

Regfan wrote:
@ Nicodemus
- I'm struggling to see how Zajs experience will impact your judgement on your read on him given his minimal content thus far and asking CSL for reasoning behind a read is utterly and completely pointless, his answer will be nonsensical or non existent.

Zaj doesn't seem to be very familiar with Fate or the CAPSLOCK style he and a few other players use, so I was wondering how many games he'd played on site. If it is just a couple, it would strengthen the town read I have on him. If it's multiple games, possibly with one or more of those players, it would weaken it a bit. I still need a response from CSL before I can explain the purpose of that question further. But I will say that a nonsensical or non existent answer would not be a good one.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:55 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Meh. I don't see Fate's posts as anything other than very Fate-like so far. Obviously it's a style difference, but the preliminary gut reads that I get on page two usually don't enter the thread as "______ is town", as if it was a definite read.

How I see it: you're buddying up to Fate by calling him town when there's no real reason to do so. And now you're hiding behind the tried and true gut excuse, which means you don't really have anything to go on. Sorry, but that isn't gonna cut it for me.

Vote: CSL
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

@SaM, aka Timeater: Apology accepted. Now we shall never speak of it again.

@Zaj: Derp, why do I always forget about wikis? Probably because I don't have one myself. But yeah, looking through your games I don't see any that you've played with Fate, or Reck either for that matter. That confirms for me that your comments Re: Fate's posting style were genuine, like I read them the first time.

@Hindu: Eh, your analysis of my posts is kind of lacking. You're purposely leaving out parts of my posts when they don't fit with your case, and you're blowing others out of proportion. It doesn't matter though. No one else is seeing what you're seeing. You look fairly town, so it's not a big deal - just look over the evidence again.

@Reg: Here are my reads so far:

Town
AV
Zaj
Fate
Hindu
Reg
xvart
Timeater
Gaoth
Wraith
palisade
CSL
Scum

CSL is the the most scummy. I'll admit I haven't played a game with him in over a year, so I don't have much meta on him, but post 29 still looks terrible. I'd rather vote based on that than anything else in the thread so far.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

bah. Okay, revised list:

Town
AV
Zaj
Fate
Hindu
Reg
diddin
xvart
Timeater
Gaoth
Wraith
palisade
CSL
Scum

Sorry dood, you were so null you blinked into non-existence there for a second :wink:
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:59 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

AV, thoughts on CSL? you haven't even mentioned him as of yet.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #7) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Also, I'm going to be V/LA for the next couple of days. I'm helping to move my brother to college, and then turning around and moving myself to college. I'll try to keep track of the thread on my ipod, but there won't be much posting. I'll be back by Sunday night.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:39 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Sorry guys, I've been pretty busy recently and that combined with low enthusiasm for this game has made me really not interested in posting. I have about an hour before my next class though, so I'll try to get some content up asap.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:36 am

Post by Nicodemus »

It looks like CSL is going to be able to lurk out of his lynch today, which makes me sad. I'm just going to leave this here for future days, so that people can go back and see just how scummy he is. Literally the worst case of OMGUS I've ever seen, but only posted after a wagon had sprung up on me so that he knew that he wouldn't be called out for it.

Palisade lives today, if for no other reason than to test his claim.

Fate is making some good points on xvart, but he is definitely reaching on a couple, particularly here:
xvart wrote:
Fate, 240 wrote:
I think if CSL ever flips town then Nico, Zjanet, and Diddin all score major scum points for trying to push an easy-ish mislynch.

Wow THREE people get to be scumreads for the sacrifice of only ONE mislynch!?!!? IT CANT GET BETTER THAN THAT TRADE.
You truncated my post to make your point. If you had left the post in it's entirety your point becomes invalid. The part you snipped out was "
Overall, I think this analysis has merit, but not for the reasons you put forward. For instance,
I think if CSL ever flips town..." The context of the conversation was discussing AV's analysis and how I think there was benefit of the wagon (or lack of wagon) analysis. Nowhere have I suggested lynching CSL so your sensationalize analysis is further invalidated.

I'm not really sure if I'm ready to commit to this lynch yet.

I'm leaning towards either Wraith or Timeater for the moment but I'm out of time and I don't want to lock a vote in right now. I'm going to be posting regularly from now on though, so I'll make a decision soon.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #10) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:03 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Fate wrote:
FATE BRIGADE, WE ARE LYNCHING CSL TODAY INSTEAD.

yessssssss

Confirm vote: CSL
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

My vote is where I want it - CSL has been my top suspect the whole game. I don't think we can swing a Wraith or Palisade lynch at this point, and I don't want to lynch xvart, so.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (isolation #12) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

In post 373, xvart wrote:What is this nonsense about swinging a Palisade lynch at this late juncture? Where were you all day and why do you all the sudden want to swing a lynch in his favor?

As you can see in that reads list you linked to, I've had palisade as one of my stronger scum reads throughout the game. I think he's scummy, and if he doesn't have a damn good reason for faking that posting restriction, as well as relevant info from his supposed cop abilities, I definitely want him dead tomorrow.

But what I'm reading from you about the scumminess of his claim and posting has been pretty persuasive, and I would be willing to lynch him today if there was support for it. There isn't, however, and I don't think there's enough time or support for that wagon before deadline.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (isolation #13) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:58 am

Post by Nicodemus »

The course of action today is clear.

Vote: AurorusVox

Sorry AV, but since we're still well away from LYLO we need to test Palisade's claim and get as much protection on him as we can if he's the real deal. And we'll make sure to avenge your death if Pali is faking this guilty.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (isolation #14) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:58 am

Post by Nicodemus »

In post 423, Magua wrote:Nicodemus, do you think Palisade is really the cop?
I'm not 100%, but we need to treat this situation like he is the cop IMO. We're not in LYLO, so we lose nothing by testing his claim (minus one potential townie - sorry AV). If AV is indeed scum, then we can (hopefully) get some sort of protection on Palisade tonight, and he'll have more investigation results for us tomorrow. If AV is town, then we'll be able to lynch Palisade tomorrow, and get a nice 1v1 trade on the deal.

The only problem would be the situation that xvart outlined - Paliscum faking a guilty on his scumbuddy AV - but I'd rather cross that bridge in the event that AV is indeed scum.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (isolation #15) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:05 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

AV you're at L-1. Time for a claim I believe.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (isolation #16) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Okay, looking at balance here:

Lyncher + 3 mafia:
D1: 9-3-1
ML on Lynchee
N1: 8-3
D2: 7-3
ML
N2: 6-3
D3: 5-3 MYLO

Lyncher + 2 mafia:
D1: 10-2-1
ML on Lynchee
N1: 9-2
D2: 8-2
ML
N2: 7-2
D3: 6-2
ML
N3: 5-2
D4: 4-2 MYLO

Yeah, with the amount of power that we seem to have (i.e. Diddin and Hindu, basically), I agree that it's fairly unlikely that there are 3 scum. There's just no way that town this underpowered would have only two mislynches in a 3 scum setup. We can and should lynch today.

However, I'm not seeing why we should massclaim today. If it's not MYLO or LYLO, wouldn't we want to hold off on claims until tomorrow? Reg, I need some convincing on why massclaim is a good idea here.

Vote: Wraith

He's flailing hard. Like someone (Magua I think?) said, he's throwing out accusations left and right, just trying to get something to stick. He's called 5 players scummy (out of 7 possible) in three pages, but he wants to "keep his reasons to himself." In the words of Chuck Testa: NOPE.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (isolation #17) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:33 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Why are you so sure there are 3 scum Wraith?
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (isolation #18) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:03 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Slaxx, I'm voting Wraith, not xvart
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (isolation #19) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:48 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Refugee here.

I'd like Gaoth to claim ASAP.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (isolation #20) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:01 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Ugh, no no-lynching is stupid. Who wrote this ruleset anyway?

I've had a town read of varying degrees on Zajnet all game. I'm not ready to give up on that yet. I still think Wraith has been very scummy, and I'm keeping my vote on him.

For tonight, I think Magua's plan is best. I really don't see both scum claiming town in the way that Magua and Banshee did, so we basically have two confirmed town, which is awesome.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (isolation #21) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:59 am

Post by Nicodemus »

I think he's town to be honest. D1 Fate pushed him reallllly hard, but xvart did a great job of defending himself. I think Fate saw this too, since he got off of him in favor of CSL. xvart's reaction to Pali's claim and flip also struck me as a town reaction. My reads list right now goes:

Town
diddin
Magua = Banshee
xvart
Regfan
Zajnet
Wraith
Scum

diddin is basically confirmed town in my opinion. I've never heard of a scum inventor, Fate and Reg both confirmed receiving gifts, and the balance of the game would just be too weird without some type of protown power.

Magua and Banshee are almost definitely town, but on the slim chance they aren't, then they're both scum together, which is why I have them below diddin.

xvart comes next, who as I said I believe is town. The only thing that's worrying me right now is his serious drop in activity on D3, but overall he's still town.

Regfan. Something seems a little off with him. I'm used to reading him in games and getting like "insta town vibes", and I'm not really feeling those in this game. However, I think his thoughts on balance and strategy have been pretty sound, and I can't really see any benefit for scum to say what he's been saying.

Zajnet is kind of weird, in that I had that early town read on him, but haven't really seen anything to reinforce that since. And especially today, I've been getting some weird vibes from some of his posts. However, he's still far less scummy than

Wraith. Definitely my number one scum suspect. He's been legitimately scummy all game, and the current wagon on Zajnet just seems like more opportunistic play from him. I really don't want to vote for anyone else today.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (isolation #22) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:27 am

Post by Nicodemus »

In post 689, Magua wrote:Let's pretend Wraith is scum. Who do you imagine his partner his?

If Wraith is scum I think his most logical partner would be Reg, since I can't really see scum being eager to bus at this point, and xvart and Zajnet have both been pushing hard on Wraith today.

In post 690, Wraith wrote:Opportunistic? If I recall I didn't want to lynch ANYBODY until I had to, and Zajnet is the safest bet to find scum right now. You and xvart aare on the edge of "Certain Scum" and "Possible Scum," and nobody wants to lynch Regfan.

If this is true, then why didn't you vote for Zaj until
after
Magua voted for him? It just looks like you're trying to avoid placing a vote until you know there's support for it.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (isolation #23) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Heh, thanks for making this easy for me Reg, much appreciated. Zaj/xvart scumteam confirmed.

Withholding vote for now in case we have anything else to iron out today.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (isolation #24) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:19 am

Post by Nicodemus »

In post 741, Magua wrote:
In post 739, Nicodemus wrote:Heh, thanks for making this easy for me Reg, much appreciated. Zaj/xvart scumteam confirmed.

Withholding vote for now in case we have anything else to iron out today.

Please explain how Regfan has made it easy for you.

He made a doc save. I don't see Regscum purposely giving us an extra mislynch, so the doc save was legit. That means Reg is confirmed town, which leaves the only two logical choices for scum (from my point of view of course, but since I know I'm town this is an easy conclusion to draw) as Zaj and xvart. Lynching either one works for me at this point.

I guess everyone is good to go now, so

Vote: xvart
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #770 (isolation #25) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:38 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Vote: Zajnet
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (isolation #26) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:24 am

Post by Nicodemus »

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (isolation #27) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:26 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Eh, good game town. We felt like we had this wrapped up so many times, but random stuff really came back to bite us in the ass. I feel like this is probably the best scum game I've ever played, and Reg was of course awesome. There were just too many confirmed people to overcome at the end.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (isolation #28) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:36 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Yeah, maybe. I just know that I lurk even in the most relaxed of posting environments, and I feel like I let down everyone in the game when I do. That's why I'm so hesitant to join mafia games.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (isolation #29) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:50 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Not me :(

Diddin, was there anything I could have said to convince you to vote Zaj today? I felt like saying anything would only incriminate me more.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (isolation #30) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

k, thanks for not being like "Nico's last post was scummy as all hell - if he had said anything, anything at
all
, I would have instalynched Zaj, but to just vote Zaj and nothing else...well, I had to vote for him", because that would have just really really sucked.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (isolation #31) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:52 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Scum QT is here.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”