CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (isolation #0) » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:14 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Checking in. I'll try to do a reread before the weekend is over.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:28 pm

Hello again, everyone. Thoughts:

probably scum
:
Jules - for playing the whole game like newbie scum. His second post of the game (where he jumped on the Coron wagon) in particular felt very overeager to me.

suspicious
:
Nightfall - for being a fence-sitter while being comfortable parking his vote on a player who was clearly inactive rather than lurking. Also for seriously suggesting that conflux (and myself by association) was suspicious, while other no-shows didn't seem to bother him.
Zindaras - for similar reasons. He says he's sure that both Luna and perfect were scum (or reassured, at least), when neither of them has contributed even remotely enough to get an opinion on them, even less reassurance.

questionable
:
Nai - he's looking worse in his argument with Coron, IMO, but I could see his play coming from a townie as well. I'd appreciate it if he voiced his opinion on someone other than Coron.

neutral

The rest. I didn't pay too much attention to HackerHuck on my readthrough, and will have to look into Kelly's analysis some more. I didn't get any major bad vibes from Coron and there's not enough material yet for me to get a read on ShadowLurker, Kelly or GreenLiquid.

Did I miss anyone?

My vote stays on Jules.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:16 pm

Stewie wrote:CTD: you missed me :(
Right.

I guess that puts you in the
probably scum
neutral category.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:10 pm

I see no reason not to lynch this guy.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (isolation #4) » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:01 pm

Unvote

Have to think his claim over.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (isolation #5) » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:51 pm

I'm developing an urge to vote for HackerHuck. His post 377 didn't sound pro-town at all.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (isolation #6) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:00 am

I'm out of touch with this game. It should get better once the holidays are over.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (isolation #7) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:34 am

I'm back (even though I wasn't planning to be gone).

I feel like I have not done this game justice, which is why I will dedicate an extensive amount of time to analysing it either today or tomorrow.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:13 pm

Finally did a thorough reread. I'll do my analysis in reverse order of scummyness for a change:

probably town

Jules - Yes, I was suspicious of him before, but his claim changed everything. I do not believe that a scum would start with the artifact he claimed to have, and I do not believe a scum would behave the way he has. One thing that no one has brought up yet is that there is a very good pro-town reason not to claim the artifact right away: By claiming his artifact, he was forced to expose ShadowLurker, something that is to be avoided when passing along an artifact under most circumstances. Once I got into the mindset that he is probably town, I was able to see his earlier posts under a different light. Definitely not a good lynch candidate.

ShadowLurker - I have no trouble at all seeing Luna's posts coming from an inexperienced townie. ShadowLurker himself has consistently behaved in a pro-town way, and I think he is spot on in his suspicions (as will become apparent later on).

neutral

KellyChen - She has been laying pretty low (i.e. not gotten in any of the major arguments), but I've spotted several instances in which she expressed similar thoughts to mine and posted the way I would expect a pro-town player to do in those particular situations. I know she's tricksy, and I haven't written her off completely, but I'm not bothered by her at the moment.

Coron - I've read his posts more closely than most others, because I couldn't really comprehend what his problem with Nai was and still is. While I disagree with him on a number of issues, we agree on others (Jules, for example), and I couldn't detect any malice or hidden agenda in his posts.

Nai - I could basically copy/paste what I wrote about Coron here. I have trouble following some of his suspicions and reasonings, but I currently don't see any instances of him purposefully working against the town. It's possible that he is fooling me, but I'm not concerned by that possibility at the moment.

somewhat suspect

Nightfall - His early insistance to vote Conflux instead of commenting on current events at the time struck me as scummy, but it could have also been lazyness. He has an air of scummyness troughout most of his posts, but I have a feeling that I'm just paranoid when it comes to him. There's a minor contradiction between his posts 227 (in which he says that he feels a little guarded against me because of my predecessor) and 278 (in which he claims that he doesn't have a problem with me). And while you're asking me where I stand, how about you answer that same question yourself? Because I can't really tell.

GreenLiquid - The amount of topics we disagree on is remarkable. His large analysis posts have been impressive in size, but fairly low on actual points of interest. There's a curious contradiction in his post 487, in which his suspicion on Jules escalates into a "BIG HUGE FOS", but by the end of it, he only places him at "somewhat suspicious". Part of the reason I list him here is admittedly that he would fit in as a scum-buddy to the following gentlemen in case I am wrong about one of them.

suspicious, would like to lynch

HackerHuck - I have a lot of notes on him. Almost everything he says strikes me as dishonest, or something a scum would say. It starts with the Coron/Nai debate, which he played both sides on(Post 123 illustrates this very well). He throws a lot of stuff around in 188, while keeping his vote on the easy target, Luna. In 345, he sets himself up to hammer Jules while casting suspicion on a lot of players over little things once again. This is a recurring theme with him: Ho notices a lot of little things (which are often not actually worth noting, like 368), while keeping his vote on a select group of players (none of which I agree with, by the way). His reaction to the artifact claim was most peculiar: He was one of the most forceful advocates of disregarding it completely (377), indicating to me that he might be scum who saw an easy lynch slip away. Post 415 was again noted down as casting suspicion on a lot of people in a way that feels forced and dishonest. He goes back to hounding Jules in 491, after getting some support from GreenLiquid (there's also a lot of mutual buddying going on here). Overall, I think he has played this game in true scum fashion so far, and I would not at all mind lynching him.

Zindaras - I have even more notes on him (*sigh*), so I'm going to cut this a bit short right now. His insistance on Luna and Perfect being scum was irritating at first. When he kept doing it even when there were lots of other things to discuss, I became wary of it. He has avoided discussion on most of the important topics. His turn on Jules was rather sudden, and he has since embraced him in his group of "people I have always been suspicious of". When Jules claimed the artifact, he went right back to voting SL (previously Luna). What it boils down to is that I don't think Zindaras has being hunting scum seriously. His suspicions seem like alibis to me. I might do a more indepth analysis on him if required.

Stewie/Machiavellian-Mafia - Reading M-M's analysis made me cringe. It was way too superficial for someone who just read the game, and not what I'm used to from town M-M (he's generally not a talkative guy, but I've known him to put some reasoning into his thoughts). Plus it contained some highly disagreeable opinions. I went back over Stewie's posts to see if I could picture him as scum, and I found a number of noteworthy stuff. The first thing that made me raise an eyebrow was the way he hedged his bets when it came to Coron and Nai (quite similar to HackerHuck). Post 297 felt like a rather sneaky way to cast suspicion on Jules to me (asking Coron to actually spell it out). 351, and especially 445 represent rather blatant attempts at fishing. I don't feel as strongly about him than I do about Zindaras and HackerHuck, but he's up there.

Zindi, Hacki, Stewie scumgroup FTW?

Vote: HackerHuck

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”