Mystery Mafia 2- Game Over! But who won!?

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #488 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:23 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Given what I've read of the game, that makes a lot of sense. But that would also mean he no killed tonight. Basically it's that N2 kill that seals the deal, since no scum died in the bomb. I'm going to have to agree and
Vote:Patrick
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #490 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:31 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I am expecting to hear him say something about that. That is why I stated no WIFOM comments.
Oh, I have a convoluted theory that could be used for Patrick's innocence. I'm not saying it though ^-^
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #496 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:30 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well, I thank you for your thoughts since no matter what side you are on they do make good analysis fodder. I was actually thinking along the lines that people who blatantly deflected from Lord Hur the last day are probably more likely to be scum. But I'm afraid the evidence feels strongly against you.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #501 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:46 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I don't see how a vengeful vig would get a night action after being dead. If they get to target someone I would think that action would occur right away.
Also vig mauling someone still does not fit.
This is along my line of thought. I'd more think a vengeful vig either A)Can vig anyone and does their vengeance immediately after death (not night action), or B) can only vig those who vote for them.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #503 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:49 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

A role that can kill someone immediately after their death is called a vengeful townie. Ashmite was not a vengeful townie.
Yeah, he was a vengeful vig. The vengeful kinda tips us off to a similar mechanic.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #505 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:46 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Oh shit...Patrick, that's a good point right there. It doesn't CLEAR you though because of the night 2 discrepancy...but now you have me thinking :S.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #507 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:52 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Mnomax was Crazed Maniac. I imagine a crazed maniac with knives any day of the week over a vig that mauled people and tore off their limbs.
But there IS that bread crumb he pointed out :S. I just don't see him getting a night action after death.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #509 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I think Patrick has brought up some good points that are hard to ignore. The whole killing after someone is dead I still find highly questionable. And yes I could see someone not killing to make themselves look innocent. But that is all WIFOM. I'm going to read everything from yesterday for my own thoughts.
Dammit, quit reading my mind. I've agreed with you so many times this thread it's getting ridiculous.

I'd like to keep a little pressure on Patrick though. I'm no longer 100% for his lynch though. I suppose I might as well do a quick reread soon.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #526 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:46 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'm kinda interested in all these backtracks myself. I like my Patrick vote more now. Why do you presume to know so much about ash's role anyway Patrick? I mean, I don't see any connection, but it's odd that you'll use something you really don't know anything about to defend yourself.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #532 (isolation #9) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:16 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Also waiting to see if anyone else really believes that ashmite (who hasn't posted since Aug 11th) was lynched Aug 18 and a death scene not written till Aug 22nd would have sent the mod a PM. I'm just not believing that for a second.
Hell no.

Which ones are those again?
Well, mostly Lord_hur=werewolf to ash=werewolf vig. I think you are grasping at anything that might save you.

Put yourself in my position as town. What other plausible theory is there? I certainly can't see any other way it could have happened.
Well, yeah, except you probably aren't town. Ash wasn't around to maim, and I still doubt you get a night action after death :S.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #534 (isolation #10) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:39 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

As a vengeful vig I can see someone getting to attack back right away, however I don't see as I stated someone who has been gone sending a PM to the mod declaring an action.
This is pretty much my thoughts.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #537 (isolation #11) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:58 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

This is a dodge of what I asked you. You've said you think I'd be pushing the vengeful vig theory if I was scum. That's true. But the convenient point being missed is that it's also perfectly reasonable from the protown perspective as well. Saying "yeah but I don't think you're town" is a cop out. I'll ask you again: If I'm town, do you think it's reasonable for me to think that ashmite killed those players? A straight answer this time please. The accusation that I'm backtracking holds no water - my stance changed significantly because of significant new information. In fact, I'm not sure how it couldn't have changed.
Well, we could theorize that things are so screwed up the mafia mauls and werewolves shoot. And really, I can't think of any other theory that would make you not scum. I guess the only thing you can do is cling to ashmites role with whatever you can think of :S.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #539 (isolation #12) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

In that case, I don't see how it's reasonable to accuse me of backtracking.
Maybe I'm coasting too much on others posts. It's known to happen with me when I'm starting to get into a game. I still think you are scum clinging too much to the ash theory though, even without backtracking.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #541 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

As any alignment it's obvious I'm going to cling onto the only plausible theory where I'm innocent. I don't see how I can be clinging onto it too much.
I guess so. It's just that it's implausible. The only good thing is that breadcrumb you found but I honestly don't feel that's enough to counter ash's absence and venge kill during the night AFTER death?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #543 (isolation #14) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I don't see the big deal about ashmite's posting dropping off - not posting isn't the same thing as not around. Even now his sig claims limited access, not a crisis forcing him to leave entirely. I think he was still around and couldn't be bothered to post (he did mention he was having difficulties drawing conclusions).
From what farside is saying, this wasn't just this game. This was on the whole site.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #565 (isolation #15) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:03 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Damn, I wanted a shotgun :(. Well then, this is interesting.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #574 (isolation #16) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:33 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Can I start by buying the empty glass? I'll give my coin to someone who needs a push to get the Vodka shots. Is everyone ok with this?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #577 (isolation #17) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:03 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Buying an empty glass

twice, except not really.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #579 (isolation #18) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:08 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

We want to test every item right? And plus, the cheapest thing might be the most awesome (well, nothing beats the awesome of a shot gun, but still).
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #596 (isolation #19) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well, all I got is an empty glass, so I couldn't kill you if I tried :)
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #605 (isolation #20) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:37 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Also, having re-read Patrick, his play seems to make a lot more sense than it did reading along. I no longer intend to vote him. The vengeful vig theory really has a lot of evidence behind it. Besides, think. If he's trying to argue that that kill wasn't him, even if it was, he can't do it again all game or it gives him away. I'm fine with that.
Actually, this is a very salient point. I don't want Pat in lylo, for sure, or even able to cause lylo, but for now, we could definitely go for someone else. I kinda got tunneled on the current case...sorry :S.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #617 (isolation #21) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

And I don't trust anything after the bomb. Moving along, what can I do with my empty glass besides beat people over the head with it?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #630 (isolation #22) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:28 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Litral wrote: 4
If I die, I'm killing you in your sleep even though I really can't do that.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #632 (isolation #23) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:31 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Litral wrote: 6
Nyeh.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #639 (isolation #24) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:46 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Litral wrote: 8
If I explode here too I'm going to have to say that I just attract various combustion driven events.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #649 (isolation #25) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:51 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Litral wrote: 11
Postwhore mafia, coming to a theme near you.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #653 (isolation #26) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:07 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

So, suppose in theory the item I had was able to vig someone. Would anyone oppose to me smashing Patrick over the head? Or is there any other request for me to kill?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #657 (isolation #27) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:41 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I do have a vig ability. And what changed is me using it on you wouldn't waste a lynch, Patrick.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #658 (isolation #28) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:42 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Let me rephrase that. I strongly believe what I can do is a vig ability. I can smash someone on the head with my empty glass. Assumably that's deadly.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #661 (isolation #29) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:15 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Which is exactly why I'm asking the town who I should smack. Or if I should just smack Patrick and get rid of the WIFOM, since I still feels the odds are him being scum. And this way we don't waste a lynch on him.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #665 (isolation #30) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:43 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

elvis_knits wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:Which is exactly why I'm asking the town who I should smack. Or if I should just smack Patrick and get rid of the WIFOM, since I still feels the odds are him being scum. And this way we don't waste a lynch on him.
I would rather you use your own judgement. I thought you didn't think Patrick was scum anymore.
Nope. I was with the team that said Patrick is likely scum, but he can't kill because he gives himself away. But, since a vig lets us keep our lynch (I assume it's a vig?), I'm willing to spend it on patrick. Resolves potential endgame problems

So wait, my empty glass was the deadliest thing around? SCORE!

Since I can understand having me use my own judgement...(less scum influence)

Smash glass on the back of Patrick's head
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #666 (isolation #31) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:44 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

That is odd. Why would SSK lie about that though? Jester?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #668 (isolation #32) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:06 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well, if that's it for me, then you have my thoughts out there. Still recommend getting forbiddanlight to put some real content out there; don't let her continue to leech off of farside. The argument she used to vig me didn't make a whole lot of sense either: a directed dayvigging is effectively the same as lynching, so I don't see how "we won't have to waste a lynch on him" fits in.
Easy. Rather than having one town directed kill, we would get two. It's still a lynch, but also at the discretion at one person if need be.

Essentially by vigging you, it's still day, and we've resolved some WIFOM that becomes increasingly dangerous as end game approaches. To be honest, I don't think we could have kept you alive much longer. Too much risk. Even if you can't kill, if you are a mafia body, you still win given the right conditions which could all too easily occur. Especially say a lylo without your theoretical kill, but with your kill causes a lost game anyway.

My other suspects remain as stated, not sure on the order. If Lawrencelot is unable to actually post for today then I'd hesitate to lynch him and maybe go for another candidate. Fonz and SSK need to post a wider range of opinions too; Fonz defending me might be a point in his favour but I wouldn't hang my hat on it.
We'll see what we think when you flip. But I would like to say I agree that I need to post more actual content. I'm trying to figure out who else is scum if anyone right now.

I'm still iffy on if I should have waited for more opinions, but after reading e_k's post I thought about the fact that a split town HANDS my vig to the scum lowering the chance of successful scum vig. In the end it's right to give in to my impulse in this instance.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #669 (isolation #33) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Also, Patrick's reaction doesn't confirm him. I messed up. I should have been 100% certain it was a vig and see if he played his hand early. If he lives, be continually wary.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #671 (isolation #34) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:43 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

That was weird for me. Anxiousness. I can show you my...eagerness to shoot at the slightest approval in other games I think. But one's ongoing on another site.

As for depriving your group of a scumkill, does that matter as long as you stay alive to suddenly screw us in endgame?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #673 (isolation #35) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:05 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

It's one of the problems with my play style. I change directions constantly and trip myself when I do this. I tend to get lynched because of this..hyperactive reasoning? I guess is what it can be called. Like, right now, I've probably had three different reasons for vigging you and listening to e_k. They may or may not be exclusive. Either way, it comes out as panic to most people.

And no, endgame
probably[/ii] isn't around the corner. But there's still the possibility that worries me. Personally, I think vigging you was the best way to resolve the issue about that kill. It will also give us data about how much and what direction your stances were going for.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #676 (isolation #36) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

MafiaSSK wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:That is odd. Why would SSK lie about that though? Jester?
Part of my role PM.
As in if you don't say you die because of the drunkards you get MK'd?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #681 (isolation #37) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:40 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Damn...we were wrong...I'm sorry I wasted the vig :S.

Moving along, I'll do a quick reread either tonight or tomorrow to see who's scummy.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #683 (isolation #38) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Actually, I didn't think he was an SK. I thought he was werewolf scum, with more of a team coming.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #686 (isolation #39) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:42 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well, I know you are wrong. Should be interesting to see what happens with this wagon though. It will give a lot of data.

Also, if you want to see what I do as scum, Mini 635 is a good example. You should know by now I'm fitting my town meta more than my scum meta. I realize this data is useless due to my awareness, but what other defense can I really make? I vigged someone and I was wrong.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #688 (isolation #40) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:54 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Congratulations on killing another townie, Tony.

Fonz, if you attack me for "line of least resistance", you BETTER turn up the pressure on Tony.

Unless you are scum, of course.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #690 (isolation #41) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:05 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Oh really now? I would like to state that if I die anyway, I do want pressure on you.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #693 (isolation #42) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:13 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Actually, I mean about the previous position that Patrick was scum. We were wrong about that. I realize that I was wrong about shooting him, but you all were spending a lot of time discussing him, me included.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #696 (isolation #43) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:18 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'd like to mention I'm going V/LA starting Thursday, but I'm going to be low activity most of this week anyway. I should be back monday.

Wait, deadline in two days? Crap...

Well, if you have to, lynch me. I'd prefer someone else to be lynched but I'm going to be out of commission for the rest of this day, and any lynch is better than no lynch.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #698 (isolation #44) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:36 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

MafiaSSK wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:
Part of my role PM.
It was aobut not allowing my fellow townies not to drink.
This is his current explanation. I want to see more.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #700 (isolation #45) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

MafiaSSK wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:
Part of my role PM.
It was aobut not allowing my fellow townies not to drink.
This is his current explanation. I want to see more.
I'd have to full-claim.
You've been caught in a lie. This is a situation where you full claim to the point before modkill.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #702 (isolation #46) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #704 (isolation #47) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:46 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Sorry, I'm not sure I really buy that, but I don't know why I don't. I mean, why would you put yourself out there like that as scum...but the roleclaim seems...iffy?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #707 (isolation #48) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:46 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Since I'm going to be out, and I definitely don't buy the claim...

Vote Mafiassk
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #716 (isolation #49) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:26 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I like what we started yesterday. I'm disappointed he was saved.

Vote MafiaSSK
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #722 (isolation #50) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:20 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

You realize you supported mafiassk lynch yesterday but didn't vote him.
You know, I noticed this as well, but forgot about it :(.

I also find it interesting Tony Montana started the "Finish what we started yesterday" thing and then suddenly 180s on it. What happened?

And seriously, hypocop only benefits scum IMO. It narrows down their choices for cop killing. Why the hell would you support this, Fonz?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #724 (isolation #51) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:15 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

2 people jumped on the wagon. I didn't 180, I just backed off to stop a quick lynch.
Fair enough. I just wanted a bit more explanation.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #731 (isolation #52) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:28 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

A hypoaction means that if one of these roles should die, we can then go back and evaluate things. It's better to risk that than have a role which has info die unclaimed.
Or makes it damned obvious who that role is ENSURING their death. Also, we don't know the interactions of the strong drink either. Essenitally though, the scum benefit far more from a hypo claim then town does.

Because your opinion, as so often, is wrong.

When farside voted him, that was a lynching majority.
And deadline was fast approaching. Not buying it.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #733 (isolation #53) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:45 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Except that in this case, scum don't know if the kill was stopped by doc, rb, or jk, so they don't know what they're looking for.
LEt's say it was a doc protect. They claim and their protection. It matches the scum kill. WHOOOPS! Rb claims, say they blocked a supposed scum. The scum know who they are. They kill the Rb. We might catch a scum. There's still WIFOM. WHOOPS
Same problem with Jailkeeper.

We don't know. And more importantly, WE DON'T KNOW IF THE DRINKS HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT!

In conclusion, hypoclaim is worse than useless for the town.

What difference does that make if THE LYNCH MAJORITY HAS ALREADY BEEN ACHIEVED?
Obviously it hadn't been. Or SSK would have been lynched. I think you are lying about your ignorance.

That's just not true.

Prove it. I've stated why it is true.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #735 (isolation #54) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:58 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I think we need to settle this by hearing from the other two who were effected.
mod: please prod literal and landlord
I don't think landlord was a real player. But if he was, awesome.

But, I do mostly agree. I highly doubt they'll claim "Oh yeah, totally couldn't do night actions while intoxicated"
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #739 (isolation #55) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:51 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

You've come out with a load of words that barely form a coherent sentence, let alone a coherent idea about mafia.
Let's put this one to the public.

Does anyone who ISN'T trying to misrepresent me understand my point about why a hypoclaim is damaging?

Obviously it hadn't been. Or SSK would have been lynched. I think you are lying about your ignorance.
I'm sorry, I don't usually get this annoyed, but FUCK YOU. If you can't actually be bothered to read the thread, I've had it with you. Check the list of people voting SSK in BM's end of day post. Is farside on it? no. If she had been, he would have been lynched
[/quote][/quote]

ceding this point. I didn't read timestamps. You are right. But I refuse the offer. I don't even like you that much, much less desire to commit such a carnal act :P.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #746 (isolation #56) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:59 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Close, but no cigar. Everyone states 'I either targetted X, or did nothing.'

They very definitely don't claim 'i blocked x' which is why forbiddanlight's argument doesn't make sense. Basically, if we knew that the kill was caused by a roleblocker, then it would definitely be wise to claim rather than risk dying with that info unclaimed. If we knew it's a doc, it's pretty much a wash. The value of the information is greater than that of keeping the power role alive as opposed to any other role.
Then I misunderstood you. This is actually passably null to slightly beneficial for the town weighed against what the scum gets. I am in support.

And I'm rather annoyed that FL believes i don't understand her argument, just because i think it's wrong.

You've come out with a load of words that barely form a coherent sentence, let alone a coherent idea about mafia.
Actually, this is what led me to believe you failed to understand

If we knew there was no doctor, an RB should just claim and be done with it.
Well, part of me wants any doctors/RBs to claim, to establish if it was incapacitation due to strong drink or an action that prevented the kill, but the other part says this is a horrible idea since it gives way too much scum info, so for now, I'd rather sit on this.

Either way, I think we've cleared everything up, Fonz. SSK still needs to die.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #758 (isolation #57) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:51 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

@ Forbiddanlight: Has it not occurred to you that, if the kill failed because the scum killer was too drunk, then a hypo won't tell them anything?
Alright, fair enough. I just worked through some logic patterns and you are right. Fine, I support hypoclaim.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #767 (isolation #58) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:06 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I targetted MafiaSSK..oooor DIIID I?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #776 (isolation #59) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I haven't targeted anyone as my role has no abilities.
Way to not read the thread.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #786 (isolation #60) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:02 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Wow, never been in a game with Mr.Flay! That's awesome :P.

Anyway, as for the kills, I think we understand why Fonz wanted a hypo claim.

So, it's pretty obvious, at least to me, that we need to
Vote Tony Montana
as per the Fonz' block.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #799 (isolation #61) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:35 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

vote: Tony and FoS: Lawrece - little early to ask for a claim, eh?
Not precisely. Tony Montana is essentially caught scum from the fonz' claimed block. But, there are some factors that may change this verdict.

"You might also want to avoid mentioning the recent series of accidental deaths... "
Flavor probably.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #805 (isolation #62) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

The problem is...

WIFOM!
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #807 (isolation #63) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Just love it when people pull out WIFOM to back up their own agenda. That's kind of the point with WIFOM, isn't it, that you can't really end the argument.
Precisely. But what you are proposing is WIFOM in it's purest form "I obviously am not scum because the roleblocker that targetted me died and I totally wouldn't kill someone who targetted me"
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #829 (isolation #64) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:06 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Does this actually mean anything, or were you struck by a Bomb in another game? On the gripping hand, her "kill" of Patrick is in character with her thinking he was the last surviving original scum.
I believe that was in reference to Worst Role Ideas after I blew up in attention whoring hilarity.

Also, I forgot whatever theory I had :S...and I didn't want to give Patrick an out at the time most likely :S.
EBWOP: bionicchop2 has some good points regarding who is alive when, but I'm having a hard time imagining that for 1 coin you could buy a 1-night Vigilante kill.
And right after you talked about my dayvig too. It wouldn't surprise me, since it's kinda what you least expect. Everyone thought the shotgun was going to be a vig item because it was expensive. Whoops, guess the glass was (To be fair, I bought the glass thinking something like that would happen. Mysteries ALWAYS have the least likely option being the most useful)
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #837 (isolation #65) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:53 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Sorry, I forgot to take the scare quotes off of kill in regards to Patrick: I had to go back and check if he was actually murdered or just incapacitated.

Thing is, someone besides you got a Vig kill as well, unless you're claiming to have killed Litral last night with the same mug. Anyone who bought beer probably has an 'empty glass' now too. farside22 could have bought 12 insta-kills; are you really proposing that was the setup?!? I haven't figured out how to balance that 'D4' intermission in my head, but cheap instakills isn't it IMO.

EBWOP: Lawrencelot or farside22 could have bought 12 instakills each. That's enough for either of them to kill the rest of the game's players at that moment in time, sealing the Win for their faction. Extremely improbable.
You do realize we could only hold one item, correct? Both could only buy one. And nope, I was one shot vig. I believe that you are onto something with the beer becoming empty glass.

Not even I knows for certain that fonz actually blocked me.
Well, actually, we do, because a hypoclaim is an opportunity for the real doctors/RBers to claim their real target, while regular townies confuse the issue with their own targets.
Maybe he did, maybe he didn't; MNOWAX was awfully erratic to base your balance analysis on. If he did, this'll be my last BM game, because I'm tired of his screwball setups, but I promised him I'd play one more.
IIRC, mnowax had two kills. But he did change his story a lot. I do highly doubt unlimited kills.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #840 (isolation #66) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:56 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

One problem with your logic on what we bought Mr.Flay as far as I could tell no one had any knowledge what the items did and I believe we could only buy one item.
Bascially this. And once we found out, the bar was closed.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #868 (isolation #67) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:05 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Hey Korts. And I agree with bionic. It's one of the Ls, and I like
Vote Lawrencealot
best :S.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #893 (isolation #68) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:07 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

True. But then you won't have me around anymore to do other useful things with (two doc protects for example). And you'd have to trust me. But if you trust me, why would you lynch me... I think this is not a really good reason to get me lynched.
Actually, it is a good reason. First, if you are telling the truth, we'll likely catch scum based on getting a second pick today. If you aren't, we lynch scum directly. It feels win win to me.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #895 (isolation #69) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:10 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

If we don't lynch lawrence, I say forbiddanlight for her irresponsible day-vigging and then trying to shift blame to the whole group rather than take responsibility for her actions.
How about you for attempting to make me a scapegoat for an action you know needed to be done to resolve all that freaking WIFOM. Most of you would have done the same, but probably have justified it better.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #902 (isolation #70) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:03 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Yes he did. Hmmm if he is telling the truth we can lynch him and tell him to target someone. If he is scum he could take down a town person with him. If we are wrong about both players it is a possible 2 town down type play.
The idea is we don't let him get sole control of his power if he is lynched. We do two votes to see who we find second most scummy, and town lawrence should have no reason not to listen to us. Scum lawrence goes down and may take a townie with him, if he's scum with this role, but that would happen anyway when he got lynched. If he's just regular scum, we have a good lynch. Essentially, we do have the possibility of losing two townies, but we'd likely end up doing the same thing using 2 days rather than one. I'm...trying to phrase this properly, but basically I think this works to our advantage if we have 2 lynches today because they'll be deaths under town control, whereas if we had the normal one lynch with a townie lawrence we'd just end up lynching our second suspect the next day. Both townies means we just wasted 2 days instead of one :S.

I think it's still win win.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #911 (isolation #71) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:02 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

It's obvious if you read the first part of that sentence.

Scum lawrence goes down. You wouldn't listen to town, you'd take someone not in your group with you, provided you were scum with this role. We'd have to lynch you to win, assumably (or vig, but it's the same problem), so therefore, no matter WHEN you got lynched we'd lose a townie.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #913 (isolation #72) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:16 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Holy f
izzle
what the hell was that?

Part of me wants to say "Claim nao plz". Is this proper?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #916 (isolation #73) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:46 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Lol @ BM edit of my post.

forbidden - not sure if we want whoever is responsible (assuming it wasn't just a mod thing) to claim.
Well...I think it depends...if they are one shot, I want them to claim and I'd like their reasons for choosing farside. If they can do it again, they should stay quiet.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #921 (isolation #74) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:16 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Works for me.

Vote Lawrencealot
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #950 (isolation #75) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:49 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

It would be my understanding that Farside would have been told how useless the shotgun was the same time Forbidden was told she could day-vig someone. (Also, why did no one think to day vig landlord?)
Sorry about that, the Patrick WIFOM was getting to be a big part of things :S.

You are focusing on the no kill (you are also forgetting that landlord did a EBWOP to say he targeted everybody). If it was not a result of Lawrence being drunk, then it could have been anything from Farside not killing intentionally to a mod inflicted no kill meaning the no kill is no longer a source of information. This means that Lawrence would have no idea who scum would be (if town) and have no reason to automatically assume it is you. Nothing in what you have said makes Forbidden not scum.
Ok, may I get this straight? You are pushing me as possible scum because elvis didn't mention the possibility of me guarding SSK in her run down of possibilities? Because there are a lot of things wrong with this and I don't want to waste my time going through them if I'm wrong.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #954 (isolation #76) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:10 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

No you don't have it straight. I am pushing the fact Elvis is making too many assumptions which implies extra knowledge. Why is it her or Lawrence? Why is she so sure somebody else from D3 is mafia? If she is so sure, then she would have to be 100% sure lawrence is scum if she excludes you. Since she is not sure if he is 'buddying', then she isn't sure he is scum. She is using faulty logic on many levels and I am just pointing out that the actions of that night will fail to be a source of information if Lawrence does not turn out to be scum.
Big if. I'm pretty sure that Lawrence will turn out scum since most of the other possibilities have been eliminated, and I can tell you that I am not a protective role.

Bionic, sure there are some weird possibilities, like scum decided to no-kill or sent the kill in late, or BM forced them to no-kill for some reason we don't know. But these things have very low chance of being true. I see no reason why we shouldn't follow through on finding the reason for the no-kill. This seems like the best lead we have, and an important source of information. I don't know why you want to throw it away over these one-in-a-million scenarios.
I agree with e_k. Occam's Razor much?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #967 (isolation #77) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:53 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well, glad people are here to
Vote Lawrencealot
. Maybe we'll, yanno, LYNCH!?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #986 (isolation #78) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:21 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

K, well, if we are doing a secondary lynch, I wouldn't mind using it on
Landlord
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #988 (isolation #79) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:53 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I still don't think landlord is a player.
Which is why I think he's a good choice.

Do you guys want me to roleclaim today?
Why?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #990 (isolation #80) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:58 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

In the event lawrence is not scum and landlord is not a player, lawrence would waste his kill.
I don't think lawrence is not scum, and I don't get a scummy vibe from anyone really.

Because landlord says he copied me last night. I know he says he was RB'd though.
[/quote[

Well, I guess if we need to...
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #992 (isolation #81) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:05 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

K7 is always a good kill. But also, there's the fact landlord makes things a lot harder for town to lynch. He never stays on a lynching wagon. IF law is town (big if), a landlord kill would enable town to actually only need a regular majority to lynch, and this probably help end this strain of no lynches.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #998 (isolation #82) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:26 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I really don't think it's landlord's fault we keep no-lynching.
Not ALL his fault, but a contributor.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1012 (isolation #83) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:15 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

but I also believe Aliens, Time travel...are possible
http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index ... iya_Haruhi
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1014 (isolation #84) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well, all you forgot was espers and sliders, so I figured Haruhi was appropriate :P
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1016 (isolation #85) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:21 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Yesh. Book 9 is REALLY getting interesting though (I finally got to it :P)
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1213 (isolation #86) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:46 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well, that was fun, if a bit crazy. Being masonized was awesome in the day before I died, but dying pissed me off. So, why did K7 target me and farside? That was annoying.

Anyway, I really didn't do much this game except nearly get lynched for a badly chosen vig. I'm vaguely disappointed :P.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1214 (isolation #87) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Also, mislynching Patrick was good times. It... just... feels... so... good.
Wasn't that me vigging? Totally not a mislynch :P.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1216 (isolation #88) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

You helped me and Surye with our claim... that's something!

Anyways, you may all now cheer for me! Miraculously recruiting the only two vanilla town on my first attempts! *bows* I thank you! /flex
There were only TWO VANILLA TOWN THIS GAME!? You mean I had such a LOW chance of getting such a lame role...and I got it!? Geez!
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1222 (isolation #89) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Sorry Pat. I bet you would be lynched. Didn't expect the vig from forbidden to happen.
Also I really didn't by the whole ashmite case. Guess I was wrong. Very Happy
I didn't buy it either, but ah well. And hey, expect the unexpectable when playing with me. If there is a vig power that can be obtained by anyone I WILL FIND IT!
What would you get for betting right?
Yeah, I wanna know too!
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1228 (isolation #90) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I thought you were scum.. i was right about farside wrong about you, i wanted to kill off all the scum so i wouldnt be night killed but that didnt work out.. damn iceman.
Off once again, k7. Seems you can't read me right yet :P.
-StrangerCoug

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”