LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:07 am

Post by LaptopGun »

Correction. I thought volkan had voted and Fonz had switched his vote to dahil as well. I should say "2 people jumped on Dahil" with volkan apparently considering it and Fonz still not liking me. My bad.
Shoot first and you're a war hero. Shoot last and you're a casualty.
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:12 am

Post by MadCrawdad »

dahill1 wrote:okay melody man was just a bad player. i've seen his games (and replaced in a few as well), and so far he has acted like that regardless of alignment.
and i never said the fact that they are confirmed means they are right or wrong. but shouldn't we trust what the cop says more than someone else? this is not me trying to "act town", it's what i genuinely believe; that cops should have more say in a lynch than other unconfirmed players.

p.s. it seems to me that phate saw a wagon to jump on and did so by just using the "for reasons previously stated" line. phate, can you elaborate on why you think i'm scum, in your own words?
As far as trusting what the cop says more than someone else, while the cop's intentions can be trusted, that doesn't mean that their scum picks are correct. Simply voting someone because 'the cop says we should' could give you a free pass if the lynch were to go bad and the lynchee end up townie. Don't you think?

@dahill again

Earlier on Day 3, SC was asked to further describe his thought process on how he came to hammer Kabenon. The post below was eventually pulled out of him, and although incomplete, it was a start. In the post, SC says that he though the bandwagon on Kab was scum-driven at some point.
Spacecase wrote:Alright maybe I try to explain better why I voted to kill Kab. When the first post happened I thought that the wagon was a scum driven wagon. I didn't think that he was scum at all. But, what Kab said 15 posts later changed my opinion. You can't tell me that you have never changed your opinion 10 to 20 posts later.

I hope that this gives you a better understanding of my thought process.
Now here's a question you posed based on SC's post above.
dahill1 wrote:on the kab bandwagon justin fairplay was the second to vote..
did you think he was part of the scum driving it?
Can you explain why you asked this question? What info were you hoping to get from an answer?
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:26 am

Post by dahill1 »

MadCrawdad wrote:
dahill1 wrote:okay melody man was just a bad player. i've seen his games (and replaced in a few as well), and so far he has acted like that regardless of alignment.
and i never said the fact that they are confirmed means they are right or wrong. but shouldn't we trust what the cop says more than someone else? this is not me trying to "act town", it's what i genuinely believe; that cops should have more say in a lynch than other unconfirmed players.

p.s. it seems to me that phate saw a wagon to jump on and did so by just using the "for reasons previously stated" line. phate, can you elaborate on why you think i'm scum, in your own words?
As far as trusting what the cop says more than someone else, while the cop's intentions can be trusted, that doesn't mean that their scum picks are correct. Simply voting someone because 'the cop says we should' could give you a free pass if the lynch were to go bad and the lynchee end up townie. Don't you think?
of course it doesn't mean that phate is 100% guaranteed scum, but in my mind it contributes to it. also, that was clearly not my sole reason for voting for phate, as people are making it out to be.
MadCrawdad wrote:
@dahill again

Earlier on Day 3, SC was asked to further describe his thought process on how he came to hammer Kabenon. The post below was eventually pulled out of him, and although incomplete, it was a start. In the post, SC says that he though the bandwagon on Kab was scum-driven at some point.
Spacecase wrote:Alright maybe I try to explain better why I voted to kill Kab. When the first post happened I thought that the wagon was a scum driven wagon. I didn't think that he was scum at all. But, what Kab said 15 posts later changed my opinion. You can't tell me that you have never changed your opinion 10 to 20 posts later.

Can you explain why you asked this question? What info were you hoping to get from an answer?
i asked this question because i wanted to know if, at the time, SC thought Justin was scum. the info i wished to recieve was along the lines of.."i thought _____ of him then, i think _____ of him now"

also, people seem to be undermining my main reason of voting phate, and have no problem jumping on to my wagon
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:36 am

Post by Phate »

@dahill:
Phate wrote:dahill, your entire reason for suspecting me (without voting me, just gauging the waters) is that other people are on the wagon? You don't even take the time to find and echo their reasons, you just say 'good enough for them, good enough for me?'

That was an incredibly scummy post.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:46 am

Post by dahill1 »

phate i believe i already answered your question..
dahill1 wrote:
Phate wrote:dahill, your entire reason for suspecting me (without voting me, just gauging the waters) is that other people are on the wagon? You don't even take the time to find and echo their reasons, you just say 'good enough for them, good enough for me?'

That was an incredibly scummy post.
thats not my reason for suspecting you..
i just pointed out that the SC wagon was slowing, and you happened to be the next suspect on my (and others') list. my reasons for suspecting you is because you switched quickly from saying Kab is town to heavily suspecting him, just like Spacecase. also, as i pointed out before, you hadn't realized cipher had claimed which is scummy in my book. scum don't always have to read through the thread. they can just look for when they are mentioned and defend themselves to slip by. i'm not saying scum always do that, but it is more likely for scum than town to do that. furthermore, the fact that the confirmed townie and cop suspect you does somewhat contribute to my suspicion. i think that even though he might not have investigated you, Cipher's opinion should be the most highly valued because of his pro-town power role. LaptopGun also should have a valued opinion because he is confirmed town. there is a chance he could be the GF, but i believe him to be town.
those are my reasons
vote phate
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by MadCrawdad »

dahill1 wrote:
MadCrawdad wrote:
@dahill again

i asked this question because i wanted to know if, at the time, SC thought Justin was scum. the info i wished to recieve was along the lines of.."i thought _____ of him then, i think _____ of him now"

also, people seem to be undermining my main reason of voting phate, and have no problem jumping on to my wagon
I'm not jumping on any wagon, just asking a question...

We know what everyone thinks of Justin now, what did you think of Justin then?
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by dahill1 »

MadCrawdad wrote:
dahill1 wrote:
MadCrawdad wrote:
@dahill again

i was replaced after justin died, so i can't really say what i thought of him without having the bias of already knowing he was a cop. however, i think whoever he investigated on nights 0 and 1 he got innocent on them, because he suspected lots of people but did not focus on one specifically. also when reading back, i saw that in one post Justin made a comment specifically directed towards Phate. in it, he mentioned that Jesse had claimed cop and now, just recently, Phate
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:19 pm

Post by dahill1 »

MadCrawdad wrote:
dahill1 wrote:
MadCrawdad wrote:
@dahill again

i was replaced after justin died, so i can't really say what i thought of him without having the bias of already knowing he was a cop. however, i think whoever he investigated on nights 0 and 1 he got innocent on them, because he suspected lots of people but did not focus on one specifically. also when reading back, i saw that in one post Justin made a comment specifically directed towards Phate. In it, he mentioned that Jesse had claimed cop and, unless he just skipped over that post, Phate recently claimed to have not known of the cop claim
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:22 pm

Post by dahill1 »

sorry my computer has been messing up lately

everyone plese ignore post 656, the real post is 657
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by MadCrawdad »

dahill1 wrote:
MadCrawdad wrote:
dahill1 wrote:
MadCrawdad wrote:
@dahill again

i was replaced after justin died, so i can't really say what i thought of him without having the bias of already knowing he was a cop. however, i think whoever he investigated on nights 0 and 1 he got innocent on them, because he suspected lots of people but did not focus on one specifically. also when reading back, i saw that in one post Justin made a comment specifically directed towards Phate. In it, he mentioned that Jesse had claimed cop and, unless he just skipped over that post, Phate recently claimed to have not known of the cop claim
Unless you read the thread backwards, you should have been able to read Justin's earlier posts before you got to the part where he was killed and revealed as cop, right?
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by dahill1 »

i skimmed first for highlights then re-read more thoroughly later
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by dahill1 »

also when it first lists all of the players still alive and dead and their roles, etc.
i saw it said that Justin was a cop
Cipher
Cipher
Townie
Cipher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:25 pm

Post by Cipher »

This is messing with my head a bit.

I'm kind of ok with dahill, though I will stress that nobody should put any more faith in my case than anyone else's (unless I have a guilty, obv). I still like the Phate wagon better, and it really seems like this town is suffering from ADD.
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:24 am

Post by MadCrawdad »

Cipher wrote:This is messing with my head a bit.

I'm kind of ok with dahill, though I will stress that nobody should put any more faith in my case than anyone else's (unless I have a guilty, obv). I still like the Phate wagon better, and it really seems like this town is suffering from ADD.
I disagree with your ADD comment. I think that, if anything, the town has suffered from tunnel vision at times... IMO we should be in no rush to lynch, and the more information we can get, the better. It makes more sense to 'ask around' FIRST, and THEN focus on a lynch candidate (or two).
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:28 am

Post by The Fonz »

dahill1 wrote: and i never said the fact that they are confirmed means they are right or wrong. but shouldn't we trust what the cop says more than someone else? this is not me trying to "act town", it's what i genuinely believe; that cops should have more say in a lynch than other unconfirmed players.
But doesn't the likelihood of them being right or wrong influence the extent to which they can be trusted?
LaptopGun wrote:
Fonz, yep you're right I could turn up Godfather or Serial Killer. I am neither. I doubt I need to say this, but I am not mafia either. I am 100% vanillia townie. You've spent the last day impeaching my credibility. Did you speak up when I was questioning cipher's/Jess's credibility? I don't believe so. I understand you want a lynch of someone real bad, but you might want to chill out as we could just as easily lynch a townie. And you wouldn't want that, would you?
Oh, I so have not. I've made ONE POST commenting on something you've said prior to that last clarification, and I've spent most of the last day commenting on spacecase and dahill. I've also responded to shteven more than you.

I've commented to disagree with one post you've made before, and I gave reasons there. If you don't see why it's in the town's interests to point out that dahill is wrong to refer to you as confirmed town, then I don't really know what I can say to you.

Also: why in the name of whatthefudge did you just claim vanilla townie whilst under no pressure whatsoever? That's incredibly antitown.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:52 am

Post by dahill1 »

The Fonz wrote:
dahill1 wrote: and i never said the fact that they are confirmed means they are right or wrong. but shouldn't we trust what the cop says more than someone else? this is not me trying to "act town", it's what i genuinely believe; that cops should have more say in a lynch than other unconfirmed players.
But doesn't the likelihood of them being right or wrong influence the extent to which they can be trusted?
well not exactly for the cop because he is only sure if he gets a guilty, but we can always trust the cop. i'm not 100% sure about Phate, but right now i'm happy with my vote.
The Fonz wrote:I've commented to disagree with one post you've made before, and I gave reasons there. If you don't see why it's in the town's interests to point out that dahill is wrong to refer to you as confirmed town, then I don't really know what I can say to you.
i already mentioned that LTG could be a GF or SK
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:04 am

Post by The Fonz »

Then why refer to him as QUOTE UNQUOTE confirmed town?
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:07 am

Post by dahill1 »

dahill1 wrote:there is a chance he could be the GF
EBWOP: i forgot to put SK in there too
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:12 am

Post by The Fonz »

Oh, and dahill, can you explain your unvote of spacecase?

Was his townie claim so brilliant and unexpected it cleared him in your eyes?
Was the case so weak that you'd hop off at any sign of resistance?

Yes, these are leading questions.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:22 am

Post by dahill1 »

The Fonz wrote:Oh, and dahill, can you explain your unvote of spacecase?

Was his townie claim so brilliant and unexpected it cleared him in your eyes?
Was the case so weak that you'd hop off at any sign of resistance?

Yes, these are leading questions.
i unvoted Spacecase because it looked like to me that it was slowing down, and Phate seemed like a better choice to me. i haven't cleared my suspicions of Spacecase entirely, but Phate seems more suspicious right now. i didn't unvote SC because of his claim, that pretty much was a null-tell for me. and it wasn't a weak case either, it's just the BW slowed down and Phate was a better choice for me
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:27 am

Post by The Fonz »

Why would you unvote the leading wagon, merely because it has 'slowed down?' Do you believe that it slowing down has any correlation with his alignment?

Why is Phate more suspicious than spacecase? Complete this sentence. 'Phate seems to me at this point more likely to be scum than anyone else because...'
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:39 am

Post by dahill1 »

i unvoted because it appeared no one else was going to vote him. in fact, i think some people unvoted him. as for your next question, i don't think we can tell right now whether it has to do with his alignment or not. it was Shteven, i believe, who said that a BW can slow down for a variety of reasons.
Phate seems to me at this point more likely to be scum than anyone else because he made a quick reversal from saying kab was town to voting for him. he had failed to notice that cipher/jesse was a cop even after seeing it more than once before (unless he skipped the posts), and to a much much lesser extent, cipher suspects him
i would vote for either Phate or SC right now, but an SC lynch doesn't seem like it's going to happen.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:53 am

Post by The Fonz »

dahill1 wrote:i unvoted because it appeared no one else was going to vote him. in fact, i think some people unvoted him.
You were the first to unvote him. It had been, what, a day since his claim? He was still sitting at L-1.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:58 am

Post by dahill1 »

i just looked back and you're right i was first to unvote.
as i said in my last post i'd still be willing to vote for SC but no one else looks like they are going to vote for him
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:14 am

Post by The Fonz »

In fact, only one person has unvoted SC to go to Phate. One has unvoted to vote you. One person each who was previously uncommitted has gone to you and Phate.

So we now have a situation of four for spacecase, three for Phate including dahill, and two for dahill, including phate.

I personally don't see why anyone who voted spacecase in the first place has hopped off. It's not like he's done anything town.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”