Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:51 am

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count 14

Occult [4] (the silent speaker, mnowax, Yosarian2, aioqwe)
springlullaby [3] (NabakovNabakov, curiouskarmadog, armlx)
Blazerunner [1] (Skruffs)
mnowax [2] (Greggo, Blazerunner)
vollkan [1] (springlullaby)

Not Voting [5]: mypenguinkat, Occult, vikingfan, vollkan, stark

8 to lynch
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:09 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Why is the Occult wagon still bigger than the SL wagon?
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by Norinel »

Prodding mypenguinkat.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Unvote, Vote: Yosarian2

I didn't like his reaction to mnowax' claim, I'm liking his casual dismissal to my comment even less.

FoS: armlx

armlx, I'm in R-1000 with you, in which I've been lurking far more than in this one. I think the fact that you choose to use the lurking argument to vote for me (and to convince people to vote for me) while in R-1000 you never as much as mentioned it is interesting.

Your reasoning about how cult leader would play is also full of BS and WIFOM.

If I were a cult leader, I would want to play in the most town-like manner possible, so as to leave no possible angle of attack for as long as possible.

Both are plausible, so you see, my behavior can be only be said to be scummy in general.

The fact that want to imply that I'm a cult leader when my play can't possibly tell you that makes me find you very scummy indeed.

I'd like wagon on Yosarian2 and armlx, they have voiced both crap theories about not claiming and stuff. I want to see how they handle it themselves.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by armlx »

I was actually using Darkstalkers as a comparison. I didn't even remember you were in R1000 until you posted there earlier today.

Also, the ideal scum looks as townie as possible, but that is hard to do while still playing to win, especially without other people to back you up. It's much easier to not look scummy by not doing anything that could implicate you.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:45 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

springlullaby wrote:

I didn't like his reaction to mnowax' claim, I'm liking his casual dismissal to my comment even less.
I explained why I think mnowax is probably telling the truth. Yeah, it was a dumb claim to make, but it'd be an even dumber lie to make.

Then again, it looks like you just don't like it that one pro-town person is trusting another, because that messes with your plans, since after this post on your part I'm much more certain that you're scum.

If I were a cult leader, I would want to play in the most town-like manner possible, so as to leave no possible angle of attack for as long as possible.
Nice attempt at a WIFOM defense there. You're basically doing the "if I was scum I would want to act more pro-town" defense here, and that's just pointless.
Both are plausible, so you see, my behavior can be only be said to be scummy in general.
No, that's just wrong. It's not just "scummy in general", it's scummy like a scum who dosn't want to be at all noticed, with is more cult leader like then cult recruit like.

Besides, if even you're admitting that you've acted "scummy in general", then I think it's time for a
vote:springlullaby

Especally after this post, it's becoming quite clear that you're the scum./
The fact that want to imply that I'm a cult leader when my play can't possibly tell you that makes me find you very scummy indeed.
Oh? Annoyed we figured it out, are you? Or are you trying to say you're actually some other kind of scum?
I'd like wagon on Yosarian2 and armlx, they have voiced both crap theories about not claiming and stuff.

Crap theories? What? Claiming is bad this game most of the time, unless you're about to get lynched. It was a bad move when monowax did it, and it'd be an even worse move for anyone else to do it unless they were under threat of lynch, and even then only if their claim was likely to prevent the lynch.

I'm sure that a cult leader like you would like it if all the recruitable pro-town roles would just stand up and claim now, but it's not going to happen.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:35 am

Post by armlx »

Yosarian2 wrote:
springlullaby wrote:

I explained why I think mnowax is probably telling the truth. Yeah, it was a dumb claim to make, but it'd be an even dumber lie to make.

Then again, it looks like you just don't like it that one pro-town person is trusting another, because that messes with your plans, since after this post on your part I'm much more certain that you're scum.

Nice attempt at a WIFOM defense there. You're basically doing the "if I was scum I would want to act more pro-town" defense here, and that's just pointless.
No, that's just wrong. It's not just "scummy in general", it's scummy like a scum who dosn't want to be at all noticed, with is more cult leader like then cult recruit like.

Besides, if even you're admitting that you've acted "scummy in general", then I think it's time for a
vote:springlullaby

Especally after this post, it's becoming quite clear that you're the scum./
Oh? Annoyed we figured it out, are you? Or are you trying to say you're actually some other kind of scum?
I'd like wagon on Yosarian2 and armlx, they have voiced both crap theories about not claiming and stuff.

Crap theories? What? Claiming is bad this game most of the time, unless you're about to get lynched. It was a bad move when monowax did it, and it'd be an even worse move for anyone else to do it unless they were under threat of lynch, and even then only if their claim was likely to prevent the lynch.

I'm sure that a cult leader like you would like it if all the recruitable pro-town roles would just stand up and claim now, but it's not going to happen.
I believe the only thing I can say about this post is DING!
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:07 am

Post by vikingfan »

back from my V/LA. I don't like what spring is saying at all and find her desire to get more claims scummy. This is exactly what a cult would want and exactly what the town wants to avoid.
vote spring
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:50 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

The one thing I will say that when it comes to deflection wagons, Yosarian is usually not the first that springs to mind, but I've seen enough bizzare choices in this game that this is pretty mild by comparison.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:45 am

Post by Blazerunner »

Yosarian2 wrote:

Well I gotta re-read the case on Spring to make any assumptions, but I am going to post something about WIFOM in general.

I think people get too paranoid over WIFOM, and take it as a major scumtell, and it shouldnt be like this. I mean, anybody defends himself with WIFOM and suddenly he is a guaranteed scum?

In fact, if you just think about it, voting for lurking as "the best play for scum, specially the cultist is to go unnoticed" is as much WIFOM as "But if I was the recruiter, I would be trying to be as much pro-town as possible"

For instance, imagine A and B were confirmmed pro-town, A suspected C, and B suspected D, and during the night A dies, and someone accused

-"C must be scum, cause he killed the one that was suspecting him".

Then C defends:

-"No if I was scum I would have killed B so you would be acusing D for the same reason"

It is illogicall to acuse C of WIFOMing, if he was WIFOMed in first place. I think WIFOM is to be used more for detecting null-tells than scum-tells, not like posting sarcastically "Nice attempt of WIFOM defense here".
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:06 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Note Yos' use of "pointless", WIFOM isn't scummy in itself, but it
is
craplogic. WIFOM can only be used to negate an argument.

So yes, the kind of "cult leader tells" we're looking for are WIFOM, but the idea is that they would be unaviodable or unintentional depending on how well a person plays. They invoke the hard side of WIFOM (this is what a person would do to win), while a WIFOM defense generally invokes the soft side (this is what a person would do if they wanted to trick us).
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

But but but... if I vote for Springlullaby then I'm not voting for Occult! But then voting for Occult keeps my vote away from Springlullaby... ARGH!
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

vikingfan wrote:back from my V/LA. I don't like what spring is saying at all and find her desire to get more claims scummy. This is exactly what a cult would want and exactly what the town wants to avoid.
vote spring
I wish I had two votes.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:02 am

Post by Norinel »

Poking mnowax and stark.
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:49 am

Post by mnowax »

sorry im around, i think that yos is wifoming, but i dont necessarily believe it is a scumtell, mostly because i agree with it. its simple.
Sure one more time for fun.
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by aioqwe »

Sorry, my laptop at home is broken and I'm writing this from a computer at school. I'll start posting again as soon as I get my laptop back.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by stark »

I support a SpringLullaby lynch.

I noted her odd behaviors in my review post, and am pleased to see a wagon.

vote: Springlullaby
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:07 pm

Post by armlx »

Just for reference, I believe that is L-2.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:02 am

Post by Skruffs »

PAge 3

Note: I am aware that a few people have claimed, but I have been really busy this last weekend so I forget who claimed vig or whatnot. I'll figure it out later, but that is actually going to help me read this with a clean slate. I Think MNOWAX and Blazerunner both claimed *something* but I forget what.

Armlx calls out Yos, for voting Blazerunner for OMGUS voting TheSilentSpeaker, who squirms delightfully and pulls up his 'official post' on OMGUS. The only way his post could be seen as applicable, though, is if he thought that A) TSS was town (or at least on his team) or B) he is twisting the normal OMGUS into something like this.

54-Blazerunner says the OMGUS wasn't an OMGUS, and then (appears) to dismantle his own case by explaining the basis for it. HE misses the point that if you lynch the cult-recruiter rather than trying to lynch people you think the recruiter will hit, those players are SAFE from being recruited. (fosfosfos)

56: vikingfan encourages targetting recruits. Pushes a "not many town can be recruited" theory, which is either a massive breadcrumb (which means he's one of only a few roles OR a cult recruitor) and tries to dismiss the risk we may be in. You shouldn't dismiss risk unless you know that it is not possible or don't want others tot hink it's possible.

Unvote, Vote : Vikingfan

Sidenote: Much like in VEngeful, the recruits are probably going to play like Goons to keep the Godfather (cult recruitor) safe. Inasmuch, the Cult Recruiter will probably (if town catches on to that) act like a recruit or like a townie.

Yos's 58: The setup takes pains to let everyone know what would happen if there are two cults (ie cult recruitors are unrecruitable) but there's nothing in the setup that would strongly indicate there is one recruitor or two, except for that line about the recruitors being unrecruitable.

Greggo's 59: This girl is smart, I Agree with her. (Finally I replace someone that has a similar reasoning as me!)

mnowax's 60 sounds pretty indignant. If I'm not mistaken, Mnowax claimed something already... Will find out with further reading I am sure, but
Note
to come back to this.

vikingfan's 61 is... nonsensical. Intentionally so? I'm glad I am voting him, he is cult.

armlx's 62 is a pretty good refute for MNOWAX, but if you want to look at this as prisoner's dilemma, we could pretty easily just play as normal until one cult recruiter is dead, and at that point, if a majority of players agree to it, the other cult recruitor could claim and we would all no-lynch until cult wins. But what would be the fun in that?

Blaze is scum, too. 64 confirms it. Pushing the lynching of claimed townies and then saying there ARE no claimed townies indicates that he is not a townie that might claim so. I can't think of why a townie would intentionally push a plan that would result in their own death AND hurting hte town and helping the cult at the same time. Later on saying "it is not such an absurd suggestion that only a cultist would do."slams the nail on the head. HE knows that it is a pro-cult suggestion, he is defending the non-cultiness of it which means he is aware of it.

Yos suggests that tcult recruiters will lurk and fosses mnowax for suggesting townies do the same. Actually... I will give Yosarian brownie points for this one
Note
but has YOS been lurking? Most of his play up to that point has been... defensive, right?

blaze stops defending himself, and starts pushing vig/sk talk. His 3 things ignored #4: Vig killed and there is no SK, and #5 SK killed there is no VIg, and #6 Vig killed nad SK chose not to. But that may have been him setting up his claim for later on.
note

Yos tells vanillas not to claim. WHy? IF forced to claim or die, you are requesting them to die. Why? Good catch on his 3-possibilities things, but why wouldn't you follow that up?

Blaze pushing "I'm not a cult, really guys" line, kind of dropping all other pretenses.This divulges into WIFOM as (in the post after he laid out his softclaim of vig) he starts asking if a good claim would 'save' him, even though claiming a role that is recruitable means nothing at this point, unless he is a cultist and is pulling attention away from his recruitor.

vikingfan AGAIN pushing the pro-cult agenda. "We may have the alarmist, don't worrrrrrry about it...."

armlx and blazerunner jabbing at each other....

On to page four!

Blazerunner starts off by suggesting that everyone voting him is town and that he could be really close to a lynch... (Why would only town be voting you if you ARE town, though? that's suggesting that scum aren't oppurtunistic, which is rarely the case on townie lynches, espcially on day one)

Mnowax picks up on his soft claim and votes him for it

Yosarian attacks Mnowax for this... this is interesting, he suggests that DGB may have been attacked by BOTH the vig and the SK although it says in the rules that any and all kill attempts would be noted, and since DGB only was shot once we know that she was only attacked by one playe r(successfully, anyways). HE begins to pry Mnowax about what he knows; if Blazerunner was fake-soft-claiming, this is Yosarian trying to get a claim out of Mnowax, since Mnowax 'took the bait', which means if one is cult, the other probably is, too. The last bit about 'why would we kill the SK?" might be considered an additional defense of Blaze as something OTHER than cult recruitor - which is intriguing. I can't imagine the cult recruitor would defend a lowly recruit (even a recruited vig if that WERE the case) like that, which implies that yosarian might be the recruit.

but now Viking is defending blaze too. AARRGGH! Cults stick together, I guess.

armlx votes Blaze even after Yos's 'would we want to lynch the SK at this point' sugestion, which means he is either voting for what he sees as a vig or what he sees as an SK. Neither of which (I have to agree with Yos here) are good lynches; a claimed SK becomes the cult(S)'s KILL target n1, which prevents them from recruiting, which helps town.

Cultists: Blazerunner, Vikingfan, armlx, Yosarian2

yosarian plays deaf and dumb... more fossing necessary

armlx helps Mnowax's claim of Watcher - but why Watcher and not Tracker? and later then has second thoughts and warns against anyone hammering. WHy would he out what he sees as a claimed power role, though?

vikingfan being scummy again...

CKD just shot up there by asking if Mnowax would be willing to be lynched if Blaze comes up town.... *fosfosfos*

viking being MORE scummy... seriously... he needs to die

Page 5

yos reasserts his SK thing, although he's been hiding out ever since blaze was 'caught', a dramatically different appproach.

blaze follows up on CKD's line of thought and says Mno is digging his own grave...

Note though: if Blaze is the cult recruitor and MNO tracked/watched/etc, then his action failed because DGB was killed the same night as she was recruited, so even if he was tracked to her, (Which is the only possibility as a watcher would provide TWO names and not one), it isn't indicating that he killed her, as MNOWAX is implying, which, if he IS A power role, is remarkably silly to overlook.

Ah. Yos kind of just summed that up in 119.

occult and Spring come out of left field... occult, saying mno may not be the best lynch for the day, completely ignoring EVERYTHING else... fosfosfos

blaze ends page five much like the bush administration. Deny everything and blame the reporters.

Blaze redeems himself partially by 'giving MNO a chance' to explain himself, so long as that explaining doesn't involve claiming investigations. IE he's saying MNO could just be a very confident but misguided townie. But then he votes for him anyways; which defeats the point of saying that in the first place.

OCcult comes back with more suspicion of MNO, avoiding blaze entirely.
note

Yos misspelled "Hear" as "here" in 132. I think that might be a scumtell for him. *Fosfosfos*

Blaze is pushing the 'I have a night action but didn't use it on DGB' train, which he has been doing since page three. Sidenote: If Blaze is the SK and was planning on claiming VIG, then MNO might be the cult recruiter who tried to recruit Blaze and failed n0. Alternatively, Occult could be Blaze's recruit(er) and that is why he's lurking hardcore and pushing the mno's scum angle.

137 - When did Malthus replace intot he game? He points out that Blaze erred in saying there was mafia but ignores the underlying point : That blaze is worried that Mno is a scum (ie another scum team) who is trying to bus him.

141 -Curious what YOS meant in this post; who is he implying is the scum recruit, mnowax or blaze?

144- mypenguin;'s first post to the game, and it's kind of scummy. "This person isn't contributing enough" - and htat's it. *fos*

147-occult being distracting...

page 7!

154-yos pushing Blaze as vig, sk, or recruit (not recruiter) again...
155- FOS ckd pushing Blaze to claim vig... and then says he believes his(who, mno's?)
claim....?????
Pushing claiming iwthout scumhunting equals *fos* but he is turning attention to Viking, who is more likely scum than either of those two (for lurking and such)
Note

160, interesting
Note

161-interesting
Note

164-Blaze redeems himself!
*fos: armlx*

occult jumps at the chance to save blaze... yeah. Not good there.

armlx declares neither mno or blaze is recruitor, which is categorically unable to be said.

Cult: Occult, Armlx, vikingfan, yos2

174: nice introductory post by nabnab.. and I will post this now as I have other things do to!
Next: Page 8 onwards!
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:03 am

Post by vollkan »

Spring wrote: Your reasoning about how cult leader would play is also full of BS and WIFOM.

There's something deliciously ironic about you criticising people for speculating about how CLs would play, and then pulling an "If I were a cult leader".

@Skruffs: :shock: HOLY CRAP! That post is enormous. I'll wait until you finish your read before commenting and/or starting an argument.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:44 am

Post by Norinel »

Hjallti replaces mypenguinkat.
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:08 pm

Post by Hjallti »

Starting reread now. Content will be either for today or monday.
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:50 pm

Post by springlullaby »

vollkan wrote:
Spring wrote: Your reasoning about how cult leader would play is also full of BS and WIFOM.

There's something deliciously ironic about you criticising people for speculating about how CLs would play, and then pulling an "If I were a cult leader".

@Skruffs: :shock: HOLY CRAP! That post is enormous. I'll wait until you finish your read before commenting and/or starting an argument.
spring wrote:Your reasoning about how cult leader would play is also full of BS and WIFOM.

Both are plausible
, so you see, my behavior can be only be said to be scummy in general.

Please don't arbitrarily cut my quote.

Also, when I say 'my behavior can be only said to be scummy in general' it is intended to mean that anyone's behavior can be only said to be scummy in general for the reason invoked in the present case.
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:10 pm

Post by Hjallti »

Before I forget
unvote

I read to this point, I will catch up the rest later I hope but I just want to give this comment. (and that pages 1 to 3 are pretty much nulltell fights to get the game started, as far as I can tell)
Yosarian2 (post 141) wrote:In a normal game, I would agree with you. But in a game like this, I could see a random cult recruit intentionally sacrificing himself in order to cause one random mislynch; it might not be a bad trade for the cult in this game.
In my first reread I was also thinking almost this when reading. If mnowax is recruited first night*, he might play this ploy to gain 2 more nights for his cult, at the cost of possible one casualty: Blazerunner is killed today, and if found innocent mnowax is killed tomorrow, but as stated before a recruit-lynch is no that much better than a mislynch for town.

The main question under this ploy theory is why choosing blazerunner?

*we can assume there were two** possible new recruits, and as there is noone killed by the cultleaders they recruited different players, and one recruitment could have gone trough (or 0 or 2)

**for the sake of the argument when we have two cult leaders, could be for instance 3 as well.
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:23 am

Post by Skruffs »

vollkan wrote: @Skruffs: :shock: HOLY CRAP! That post is enormous. I'll wait until you finish your read before commenting and/or starting an argument.
That's very thoughtful of you. <3

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”