Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:17 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Imat wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:BM...Got anything useful?
Erm not as such. The Cop-claim was a gambit, which didnt really work, although in a sense it did...

Although i am a little confused. Why would the scum, with 3 claimed power roles, decide to NK someone completely different? I mean, what circumstance could possibly facilitate that?
A Cop, Vig and Doc are a pretty strong set, and even with 1 of those claims as bogus, its still hard to see neither of the other two being killed. Now Xtoxm is totally confirmed, and i know im town. That leaves Oman, who im slightly more suspicious of now. Its possible that he chose to kill someone else, because killing a power role would spark some doubt about his claim.

THAT IS unless
someone hadnt read the game

I'm looking at Imat here, who's first post of the game is not overly-convincing.

Vote: Imat

I think we've found our last mafia member.

BM
Again, I ask for a day, and you give me nothing. I thank you BM for your incredible Hunting prowess. Unfortunately you failed to notice one minor detail. Rey asked to be replaced during the night. So, even if Rey/I had a night ability, Rey had the chance to give any choice before leaving.
Get real. I actually thought that he requested replacement during the day, but if he did ask at the start of the night, do you really expect me to believe that hes selfish enough to send his night ability before quitting?
I dont think so kiddo.
Imat wrote: So saying I'm Scum because there weren't two kills and I hadn't read yet is ridiculous, much worse than your usual ability.
Ooh, nice flaming. :lol:
Which reminds me, why has no-one else commented on the timing of Xreyox backing out? When FoO-scum died. Coincidence?

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:18 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Yes, coincidence.

I wanna lynch BM...
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:21 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Pink Puppy wrote:Please think about who might be cult recruiter before we end this day. It's pretty important we lynch cult recruiter today or xtoxm vigs him tonight.
Yeh i suppose, but odds are that the Cult doesnt have another recruit, and may not even get one tonight, due to the number of townies remaining, so by eliminating a mafia member, we guarantee ourselves 2 vigs and a lynch to hit the recruiter.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:21 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Xtoxm wrote:Yes, coincidence.

I wanna lynch BM...
dude, im waiting for an explanation. Why are you so desperate to defend obvscum?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Xtoxm wrote:
Oman wrote:I don't care if he is Cult leader (which I don't believe), he's right about Imat.
How?
:shock: Look at the fricking facts!!!!!!??????
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:24 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I have and I don't think at all the Reyo/Imat is scum, unless he's a cult recruit, who we don't bother about today anyway.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:25 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Battle Mage wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:Yes, coincidence.

I wanna lynch BM...
dude, im waiting for an explanation. Why are you so desperate to defend obvscum?

BM
answer this please. Why do you maintain that he is town?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:33 am

Post by Xtoxm »

What do you mean, obvscum? How is he scum in anyway?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:39 am

Post by Oman »

Reyo
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:42 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Oman wrote:Reyo
What?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Xtoxm wrote:What do you mean, obvscum? How is he scum in anyway?
he HAS TO BE the last goon. The only other possibility is Oman, and theres no way im lynching a claimed Doctor whos play has been markedly protown, over an immensely scummy player. It appears you arent really watching the game, so i'm going to give you another chance. Please read objectively, because currently you are getting blindsided so badly, its pathetic. :x

Please can you fight for the town, rather than against it for once?????

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:51 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Wtf?

I think Norinel is the scum buddy and BM is the CL. BM is sounding very much like scum now.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:58 am

Post by Xtoxm »

BM keeps insisting we should lynch who he thinks is the mafia buddy, this is only good for the cult, we need to take out the CL or they will likely win tonight.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:08 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Xtoxm wrote:BM keeps insisting we should lynch who he thinks is the mafia buddy, this is only good for the cult, we need to take out the CL or they will likely win tonight.
Incorrect. The Cult Recruiter wants the mafia to survive today, so you can get NKed, you idiot. -.-
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:47 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

Just want to bring up this post from yesterday:
Norinel in 682 wrote:I don't entirely follow the case for FoO being scum, but I could be convinced.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:55 am

Post by Xtoxm »

PP - Who do you think is the CL and M?
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:57 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

Also want to bump this post from BM about how reyo is scummy. I think it explains some stuff for people who are unclear.
Battle Mage in 690 wrote:
XReyoX wrote:Reply to Norinel:

I don't think he was breadcrumbing he is a doc. He has made it clear that he would claim something random. There is no telling what he is claiming is true or fake. I just don't see why he is doing it now. Both uneccassery and confusing. I don't know.
he has clearly breadcrumbed doc. Whether it is true or not is questionable, but you cant refute the FACTS. You just want to see a power-role lynch today.

Xreyox wrote:xtoxm. I hate you for being the vig. I wish I can just do this bizzare "I want him lynched now" thing and not worry about anything. I guess if I do that, the scums or cult or whoever whatever are just going to get me lynched. :(
confessed concerned about the presence of a Vig-meaning that he is worried about being targetted, and is trying to butt-kiss.

BM
And this one is good too:
Battle Mage wrote:
XReyoX wrote:I'd say Oman and FoO stands equally at the moment. I'll need to read again >_<

If we mislynch again today, we'll start with a really bad position tmr.

The worst case scenario would be 1 town left and that would be xtoxm.
the above post doesnt make sense. An explanation should be forecoming. Also interesting that ur top 2 suspects are the two most protown looking players in the game...

BM

I have a question with this one though:
Battle Mage in 696 wrote:
XReyoX wrote:I'd say Oman and FoO stands equally at the moment. I'll need to read again >_<

the above post doesnt make sense. An explanation should be forecoming. Also interesting that ur top 2 suspects are the two most protown looking players in the game...

BM
You really thought FoO was one of the most protown players?? So why did you lynch him later?
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:59 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

Oops I messed up by quoteing the same post twice.
First and third quotes are the ones I meant to quote and the second quote should be this one:
Battle Mage wrote:
XReyoX wrote:
Oman wrote:XReyoX, why would you lynch me?
Because I don't have a reason not to.
0.o

You think this guy is town!?
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:03 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

xtoxm - My top suspects are Norinel and reyo. Which is which, I'm not sure yet. But I think the above post, where reyo says he wants to lynch Oman because he "doesn't have a reason not to" is REALLY BAD. Townies don't say that stuff. It's like last ditch scum reason to keep trying to lynch someone you think is powerrole.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:22 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Official Vote Count
(Page 31, Day 3)

Imat
– 2 (Oman, Battle Mage)
Battle Mage
– 1 (Xtoxm)

Not Voting:
Imat, Norinel, Pink Puppy, dahen

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch. 3 is a no lynch.

Last edited by curiouskarmadog on Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:02 am

Post by Imat »

Battle Mage wrote:
Imat wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Erm not as such. The Cop-claim was a gambit, which didnt really work, although in a sense it did...

Although i am a little confused. Why would the scum, with 3 claimed power roles, decide to NK someone completely different? I mean, what circumstance could possibly facilitate that?
A Cop, Vig and Doc are a pretty strong set, and even with 1 of those claims as bogus, its still hard to see neither of the other two being killed. Now Xtoxm is totally confirmed, and i know im town. That leaves Oman, who im slightly more suspicious of now. Its possible that he chose to kill someone else, because killing a power role would spark some doubt about his claim.

THAT IS unless

I'm looking at Imat here, who's first post of the game is not overly-convincing.

BM
Again, I ask for a day, and you give me nothing. I thank you BM for your incredible Hunting prowess. Unfortunately you failed to notice one minor detail. Rey asked to be replaced during the night. So, even if Rey/I had a night ability, Rey had the chance to give any choice before leaving.
Get real. I actually thought that he requested replacement during the day, but if he did ask at the start of the night, do you really expect me to believe that hes selfish enough to send his night ability before quitting?
I dont think so kiddo.

BM
Do you honestly think Mafia would be selfish enough to leave a replacement, who hadn't read, to decide the NK? Honestly, giving the choice would not be Selfish. But thats all a moot point because I Don't have a night ability. And with a claimed Cop, Vig, and Doc, I doubt all of them are telling the truth. I think that would be tweaked in Town's favor a bit much, but I've never played Cults.

The Vig (Xtoxm, I believe) specifically. Its all well and good that 2 groups happened to target the same person, but what were the odds of that. Here comes WIFOM: Why would Scum and Vig be interested in lynching the same player? Vig wants to oust Scum, Scum wants to kill off Power Roles. Its not often that Townies act SO Scummy that they are Vigged without a claim. In fact, BM, I hate to Meta, but why aren't you asking the Vig to get a claim from the intended target? Isn't that what you do?

So, can anyone explain to me how two groups of opposite alignments happened to target the same person?
Willing to replace in any game, have some background experience but haven't gotten all of the specifics down, ie. abbreviations and other terms...
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:52 am

Post by Norinel »

Quick impressions, since I'm on vacation:

So BM's backed off on cop claim, and Imat claimed no power (And thus probably townie?)

On the one hand, BM coming out this hard against Imat reads kind of like a play for a fast lynch, since there's a lot of stuff against Reyo anyway. One the other hand, mafia-BM would need more than just today's mislynch to have a chance, cult-recruiter-BM probably has a recruit to send out on a limb, and cult-recruit-BM would mean that the cult recruited a claimed cop under some suspicion last Night.

And lynching the last mafia is dangerous, but it only leads to a cult auto-win if cult recruited last night, cult recruits successfully tonight, and we don't vig a cultist tonight.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:50 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Pink Puppy wrote:Also want to bump this post from BM about how reyo is scummy. I think it explains some stuff for people who are unclear.
Battle Mage in 690 wrote:
XReyoX wrote:Reply to Norinel:

I don't think he was breadcrumbing he is a doc. He has made it clear that he would claim something random. There is no telling what he is claiming is true or fake. I just don't see why he is doing it now. Both uneccassery and confusing. I don't know.
he has clearly breadcrumbed doc. Whether it is true or not is questionable, but you cant refute the FACTS. You just want to see a power-role lynch today.

Xreyox wrote:xtoxm. I hate you for being the vig. I wish I can just do this bizzare "I want him lynched now" thing and not worry about anything. I guess if I do that, the scums or cult or whoever whatever are just going to get me lynched. :(
confessed concerned about the presence of a Vig-meaning that he is worried about being targetted, and is trying to butt-kiss.

BM
And this one is good too:
Battle Mage wrote:

BM

I have a question with this one though:
Battle Mage in 696 wrote:

BM
You really thought FoO was one of the most protown players?? So why did you lynch him later?
thanks for that. Yeh, i did think FoO was the 2nd most protown looking player, after Oman ofc. The sole reason i voted for him at the end of the day was to secure a lynch, because even a lynch i didnt believe in was better than a No-Lynch.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:59 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Imat wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Imat wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

THAT IS unless

BM
I dont think so kiddo.

BM
Do you honestly think Mafia would be selfish enough to leave a replacement, who hadn't read, to decide the NK? Honestly, giving the choice would not be Selfish.
Thats not selfish. I know when i have a role with a night ability, its great fun deciding who to target. Part of the game rests in your hands, and you want to do something really good for your team. If you arent intending to play anymore, why would you send a nightchoice and then take the fun away from the replacing player. Ill check the timestamps if it makes you feel any better. The only other scenario is Oman-scum. What do you think of him from your reading?
Imat wrote: But thats all a moot point because I Don't have a night ability. And with a claimed Cop, Vig, and Doc, I doubt all of them are telling the truth. I think that would be tweaked in Town's favor a bit much, but I've never played Cults.
The Cop-claim was a gambit to get me NKed. But the fact that the scum didnt know this, concerns me as to why i wasnt killed, or Oman wasnt killed.
Imat wrote: The Vig (Xtoxm, I believe) specifically. Its all well and good that 2 groups happened to target the same person, but what were the odds of that. Here comes WIFOM: Why would Scum and Vig be interested in lynching the same player? Vig wants to oust Scum, Scum wants to kill off Power Roles. Its not often that Townies act SO Scummy that they are Vigged without a claim. In fact, BM, I hate to Meta, but why aren't you asking the Vig to get a claim from the intended target? Isn't that what you do?
Lol, loving the meta-use. :D
Yeh, you make a valid point. Why am i not pushing for claims before viggings?
2 reasons. Firstly, last night, the primary Vig choices were me and Oman, both of whom DID claim before we went into night.
Secondly, this game mechanic makes claiming rather a bad idea in general. It benefits the town firstly not to claim atall, and if we must claim, to claim fallaciously, with the intention of misleading scum (and hence, probably town too).
If you read the start of the game, this will be explained by Oman, and later on, me, in more detail.
Imat wrote: So, can anyone explain to me how two groups of opposite alignments happened to target the same person?
coincidence i guess...

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:35 am

Post by Xtoxm »

unvote

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”