Mini 578 - Mistery at Montescuro - Game Over!

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:45 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Awesome, I haven't gotten to play a game with Coron in ages. :) Also, about 2/3'ds of the reason I was voting VH was for lurking, so
unvote:Coron

As for the rest of it, I could see a possible link between Pyro and JamesThePhox based on Pyro's reaction to Sensfan's vote of him. However, between the two, I actually think James looks scummier at the moment. I already mentioned I didn't like the wishy-washy comment about near he made earlier, and some of his other comments kind of feel like scum sitting on the fence, waiting to see which way the wind's going to go so he can follow other people's wagons. This one, especally, kind of gives me that vibe:
JamesThePhox wrote:I'm not completely convinced that Near is off the hook. I still don't like his lack of contribution, however he is one good post above VH. I'll wait and see the other's posts.

For now
unvote
, but it's a toss up between VH and Near for me.
vote:JamesthePhox
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by Coron »

So does everyone in this game post from school/work? Or are you guys in a different time zone or what? It's always busy during the day, then dies all night.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by Guardian »

I'm still seeing where you're taking me. Where are we going, Coron?
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Joudas
Joudas
Goon
Joudas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:51 pm

Post by Joudas »

To Disney Land! Can I come? :D
Tarhalindur: [i]Joudas's play matches that of a newbie doc.[/i]
Tarhalindur: [i]The moral of the story is that I suck at newbies.[/i]
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:59 pm

Post by Coron »

Guardian wrote:I'm still seeing where you're taking me. Where are we going, Coron?
You see it, why don't you tell me?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:17 pm

Post by Guardian »

Well, I was asking cuz it doesn't seem like we're going much of anywhere. What's our itinerary :|?
Do not lynch me.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:48 pm

Post by Coron »

Guardian wrote:Well, I was asking cuz it doesn't seem like we're going much of anywhere. What's our itinerary :|?
Currently, we are in the gather support/obtain more information stage, if we can gather enough support then we can move on to role claim/lynching, if we find good information we may have to reavaluate who scum is.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:09 pm

Post by Guardian »

That sounds good, I like instant gratification more, but we could wait a little bit.

Yos's 200 feels vaguely like he might be purposefully trying to divert attention from the main target.

Oh, I'd been meaning to point out: look what page it is! If you don't start seriously considering lynches like page 3, all games go this long, and we're right on the road towards 15 or even 20 pages, something I *do not want*. So I hope we get a good lynch soon.
Do not lynch me.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:00 am

Post by Claus »

After the sudden change of personality in Vampaneze Hunter, discussion springs again in Montescuro.

Vote Count!

PyroDwarf 2 - Coron, Guardian
Near 2 - Singing Librarian, Macavenger
JamesthePhox 2 - Sensfan, Yosarian2
Guardian 1 - Pyrodwarf
Yossarian2 1 - Near

Not voting:

Joudas, EvilGorilaz, JamesThePhox, Dasquian

With 12 people alive and kicking, it takes 7 votes to lynch!

Near and Sensfan are being prodded on Request. I'll check for other people who might be needing prodding.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:08 am

Post by PyroDwarf »

coron, my hypothetical argument was: Sensfan votes for bob, Guardian votes for jane. Sensfan changes his vote from bob to jane. This all happened in a few minutes. I was curious as to why sensfan would change his vote so quickly. He's response was lacking so I continued suspicion. It wasn't because it was JtP, it could have been any player.
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:35 am

Post by Near »

Unvote

Vote JamesThePhox

Seriously, I don't have much to say except the fact that looking at his vote history, he was trying to bandwagon from best lynch target to the next.
Show
Guys!! If RBD isn't scum, I'll video-record me eating my shoe and post it here!

Like, for REAL

Actually, I will hammer my cock.
That should be more fun.
I'll HAMMER my COCK and POST IT HERE.

RBD IS SCUM.
Lynch him and uncover the truth about RachMarie.

I'LL HAMMER MY COCK, MY BALLS, MY EVERYTHING.
RBD SCUM. ALL IN!!!!!!
Joudas
Joudas
Goon
Joudas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:56 am

Post by Joudas »

While I can see the case against Phox as being somewhat valid, Near seems to be staying as far from the spotlight as possible since he came under scrutiny a while ago. He got out of the spotlight once and seems to be avoiding saying anything that anyone might look twice at. Let's look at his posts over the last 4 pages (since the focus moved off of him) (italics my summary):
Near wrote:
[Macavenger quote]

LOL. You actually counted huh. I like the fact that you take this game seriously.

I will have to do a re-read to refresh my memory, but I think there was another reason other than imagining you and Phox were scum-mates. I don't think I have anything else to add really. I will do a more through read. But I can't promise content.
Near wrote:Unvote

Vote JamesThePhox

Seriously, I don't have much to say except the fact that looking at his vote history, he was trying to bandwagon from best lynch target to the next.
Where's the rest? Oh, wait, that's it. Five days, 2 posts. Now, he's moved his vote onto Phox but only after the idea was thrown out there by Yos2.

As I said before, I don't support voting someone for inactivity, but this is more then inactivity.

He also had no comment on the recent scum group suggestion by Coron, except indirect non-support of it through his vote.

Near: A direct question for you: What are your opinions on Coron's recent posts, his methods, and his suggested scumgroup? Also, why wait until someone else suggests Phox before jumping to him yourself? Also, what was the 'other reason' you had to suspect Macavenger and Phox as scumbuddies?
Joudas
Joudas
Goon
Joudas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:57 am

Post by Joudas »

In an effort to back up my accusations,
Vote: Near
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:58 am

Post by Guardian »

Well, there goes trying to see what happens if Near is lulled into a false sense of security :|.

I believe we have acquired some data, however. Near, proceed in responding. Also: what do you think about Yos2's play so far?
Do not lynch me.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:50 am

Post by Coron »

Pyro, I think it is less likely that you would have acted the way you did if JamesThePhox weren't your scum partner, which is why I am suspicous of both of you because of your actions.

Joudas, when will you get it through your thick head that JamesThePhox *is* one of the people I was accusing of being scum, and thus his vote is *not* a show of non-support for my theories about scum groups.

Near has been acting somewhat suspicous(possible sk?), but I'll stick with my vote for now, although I'd like to point out that 2 posts over 5 days isn't really THAT low, it's below what would be preferred, but a busy person can have that happen, that being said, I've seen him post in other games a lot while avoiding this one(even since I joined), which does make me think he's trying to stay out of the spotlight a bit.
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:34 am

Post by Macavenger »

Near wrote:Seriously, I don't have much to say except the fact that looking at his vote history, he was trying to bandwagon from best lynch target to the next.
His only votes have been a random vote for me, and a vote for you when you followed up scummy posting with a massive lurk. I'd hardly call that bandwagon hopping.

On top of that, you're still contributing nothing to the discussion. There's been plenty to talk about.

Confirm Vote: Near

I'd like to see 6 votes on Near at this point; I'm curious to see what (if any) kind of claim/content we'd get from him at L-1. It's pretty obvious that's the only way we'll get him to post anything of substance.
Joudas
Joudas
Goon
Joudas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by Joudas »

Coron wrote:Joudas, when will you get it through your thick head that JamesThePhox *is* one of the people I was accusing of being scum, and thus his vote is *not* a show of non-support for my theories about scum groups.
I guess a better way to put that would have been, 'a show of non-support by not following your and Guardian's votes and, despite voting one of your suspected scum groupies, voting them for completely unrelated reasons."

Would you say that his reasons for voting Phox supports your argument? I wouldn't. It's got nothing to do with it, and he didn't comment on your theory at all. This was my point.
Coron wrote:Near has been acting somewhat suspicous(possible sk?), but I'll stick with my vote for now, although I'd like to point out that 2 posts over 5 days isn't really THAT low, it's below what would be preferred, but a busy person can have that happen, that being said, I've seen him post in other games a lot while avoiding this one(even since I joined), which does make me think he's trying to stay out of the spotlight a bit.
The 'posting in other games a ton while not posting here' thing is what we've been getting at. It's been said a couple of times here - for someone who is quite capable of posting upwards of 50 posts in that timeframe, as evidenced by his activity elsewhere, 2 posts in 5 days really is THAT low.

This is exactly why I said that even though I don't condone voting people for being inactive, this is completely different - it's obviously intentional inactivity, not just lack of time to read.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by Coron »

EvilGorilaz needs to post.
Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

FoS: JamesThePhox

Sometime back he basically says his "random" vote was to spark discussion, which implicates that it wasn't a random vote at all.

He also responds to Near's questioning of JtP's fos by saying that he found Near more suspicious than Macavenger as the reason for his unvote. However, Macavenger was his "random" vote. He also votes for near after being sorta of pressured by yos2. Then he unvotes, stating that he still think near is scummy because of lack of contribution. But that was exactly the reason why he voted for near in the first place. I'll post more about JtP later.

I honestly think pyrodwarf was sincere in his attempt to hunt scum by directing attention to sensfan. Sure, he might have overreacted, but to me, it seemed sincere. I didn't see too much of a connection upon a reread.
When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart <3
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:22 pm

Post by PyroDwarf »

coron wrote:Pyro, I think it is less likely that you would have acted the way you did if JamesThePhox weren't your scum partner, which is why I am suspicous of both of you because of your actions.
No. I am suspicious of sensfan because of the way he voted. I guess it's a small thing to you, but at that point, it was all we had to go on. What if they had both voted for me or you, and I called sensfan on switching his vote like that? Would you find that scummy?
sensfan wrote:I wanted someone closer to a lynch than 2 votes.
thats good and all, but that was page two on a random guy. I'm for pressuring people, but shouldn't it not be random? At this point, however it looks like he will be replaced, so :(
Coron:What do you think about the vote count, and guardian's accusations towards JtP because of it?
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:54 pm

Post by Macavenger »

I don't think anything of tossing a third vote on a player page 2 in a game this size, Pyro. It's very likely that was exactly what Sensfan said it was: trying to start some conversation. That's pretty much the entire point of the random voting phase as I understand it - get a few votes on someone to see how they react. Random pressure is all you have in the first page or two. I don't think there was anything wrong with his voting. I'm not happy with his lurking, obviously, but that's what prods and replacements are for.

Phox still strikes me as townish, but there's enough suspicion and reasons floating his way that it can't be all scumpowered (if it ever was). I'll probably try to do a careful reread focusing on him tomorrow.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:17 am

Post by SensFan »

PyroDwarf wrote:I'm for pressuring people, but shouldn't it not be random?
Until someone is randomly pressured, no one will do anything discussion-worthy.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:03 am

Post by Coron »

PyroDwarf wrote:
coron wrote: Coron:What do you think about the vote count, and guardian's accusations towards JtP because of it?
um, it's fairly non-substatial but hinestly, was there anything better to go on at that point?
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by Macavenger »

Ok, I've reread again, with a specific eye towards Phox, and I'm still not seeing the case on him. Could someone who's suspicious of him currently lay out a comprehensive case or do a PbP on him or something?

Also after rereading, I feel like Dasquian has been sorta coasting somewhat - would like to see more content from him. Sensfan also definitely needs to start posting more. I can see reason for being very curt early Day 1, but certainly after 9 pages you must have some significant comments by now, Sensfan?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:49 pm

Post by Guardian »

Until school's out (Early May), expect my dedication to mafiascum to suffer, perhaps greatly. Then I'll have little access at all for a week. Then I'll be back in full swing. I'm posting this notice in all games I'm playing; sorry if my activity suffers.
Do not lynch me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”