Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:55 am

Post by Mizzy »

Near:
Is English your first language?
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:18 am

Post by Near »

Y wrote:
Near wrote:I actually get results "unloaded" and "loaded". It's just that "unloaded" means no gun. Maybe I should have said that as a gunsmith, I get to check out if someone has a gun instead.
This mistake (The one it refers to). Claiming to have a result, and when some one points out it should be different, Near suddenly changes his version. I believe he read it on the wiki or something and didn't really understood what it means.
How did I change my "version"? Answer me this.

The fact is, I pm her who I want to check out at night and she responds by "Loaded" or "Unloaded". Prior to this game, I didn't even know what "gunsmith" was. I just cheked my PM history. And I will now change one thing I said earlier.
I had said that I asked destructor whether loaded means whether or not the person I checked out has the gun. However, after reading my PM history, I did not ask her that.
What happened was, I pmed destructor saying "I want to check out if XReyoX's gun is loaded". Destructor responded me saying that I am not actually checking whether or not gun is loaded, but whether or the the person has the gun. She clarified it by saying that "Loaded" and "Unloaded" are just flavourful words.
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Near »

Mizzy wrote:
Near:
Is English your first language?
No.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by gorckat »

Gunsmith looks like a pretty safe claim for scum, especially with the vig dead. I'd assume that no one else would have a gun in those circumstances.
jerubbaal
jerubbaal
Goon
jerubbaal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by jerubbaal »

I like the claim. It actually fits with a fair bit of Near's dialogue recently, and his insistence on factuality and not speculation, yada-yada. I'd picked up some cop tells in his writing, and him actually claiming a slightly nerfed cop makes a lot of sense. Similarly, this is an easy claim to confirm down the road. If we have a real cop claim or die, we can pretty much off Near right away, and similarly, we can test his results as we go along. So everyone voting Near, unvote now. This really isn't debatable. It's not in our best interest to lynch him right away, if at all.

We still need Niv to come back on and claim and we can deal with that. Til then, I dunno.

Really don't like Y's response to this whole mess. As in really, really don't like. As in, if we can't lynch Niv, I'd be completely happy lynching him.
<><
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by Lowell »

Y wrote:
Near wrote:I actually get results "unloaded" and "loaded". It's just that "unloaded" means no gun. Maybe I should have said that as a gunsmith, I get to check out if someone has a gun instead.
This mistake (The one it refers to). Claiming to have a result, and when some one points out it should be different, Near suddenly changes his version. I believe he read it on the wiki or something and didn't really understood what it means.
No, this doesn't make sense. If he was going to use the wiki to pick a role, he'd have done it right the first time. Based on what we've seen, mod is eager to put some flavor into things.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:17 pm

Post by Mizzy »

I think that the "mistake" is a null-tell at best because as you can tell from Near's posting, his first language isn't English and that could account for the small discrepancy. I believe the claim. In fact, we have no reason to NOT believe the claim other than wanting someone dead.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:33 pm

Post by ooba »

I belive the claim. I belived near was pro town on my read too .
jeru wrote:Really don't like Y's response to this whole mess. As in really, really don't like. As in, if we can't lynch Niv, I'd be completely happy lynching him.
QFT
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:19 pm

Post by Niv »

I claimed vanilla when i showed up didn't I, (so did sammich)

I've been trying to put ogether a post regarding near. all in all, it all seamed pointless and repetive. I basically just echo everyone elses sentiments, with great dislike in all of the dice talk. sorry i cant put in the ime to do something detailed, and even if i did, i just feel it would all be redundant.
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:18 pm

Post by destructor »

.::] Vote Count [::.

Near (4)
- Y, Imat, gorckat, Niv
Niv (5)
- Near, jerrubaal, Lowell, Ripley, ooba

Not Voting (2) - Incognito, Mizzy

Six
votes makes a lynch.

Imat has been prodded.

Note that there are less than four days until the deadline.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
jerubbaal
jerubbaal
Goon
jerubbaal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:54 am

Post by jerubbaal »

I'm stupid, forgot about the whole vanilla thing in the beginning. I'm not finding it a compelling enough reason not to lynch, and since we have FOUR DAYS TO THE DEADLING (since destructor's note is rather subtle), we should proceed with a Niv lynch. I'm not sure on my agenda tomorrow, but Y is definitely near the top of the list, followed somewhere by Ripley and Imat.

Going into night, I'd just like to make the note that gunsmith is effectively cop. Just thought you'd like to know in case there was any confusion/hesitation on this subject.
<><
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:02 am

Post by Incognito »

Niv wrote:I claimed vanilla when i showed up didn't I, (so did sammich)

I've been trying to put ogether a post regarding near. all in all, it all seamed pointless and repetive. I basically just echo everyone elses sentiments, with great dislike in all of the dice talk. sorry i cant put in the ime to do something detailed, and even if i did, i just feel it would all be redundant.
Niv, did you in fact read the last few pages of the thread? Near just claimed Gunsmith.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:09 am

Post by ooba »

jerubbaal wrote:Going into night, I'd just like to make the note that gunsmith is effectively cop. Just thought you'd like to know in case there was any confusion/hesitation on this subject.
With Vigillante as a miller-type role for it.

I'd like to keep my ideas for day 2 with me right now - doesn't help town in announcing who you think is scummy and who is pro town..
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:59 am

Post by Lowell »

unvote, vote Y

Let's see where this goes. I'm very happy with a Niv lynch as well, and would vote for either at deadline. But I want to give folks (those who believe the Near claim) two options. It tends to be more useful long-term.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:46 am

Post by Y »

Near wrote:How did I change my "version"? Answer me this.
"The gun is unloaded, oh, wait, there is no gun, so I mean unloaded as 'has no gun'. That's what I meant in the first place". That change in version.

Lowell, your amazingly contributive this game. Could you please, at least once, actually share with us your thoughts and not only those thought's conclusions?
I belive the claim. I belived near was pro town on my read too . wrote:I belive the claim. I belived near was pro town on my read too .
"I'll confirm you for confirming me". I'd really expect scum to do this.

Mizzy, English isn't my first language too. So? It's apparent that the way he expressed himself comes from a misunderstanding of the role, not bad English.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:53 am

Post by Mizzy »

Y wrote:Mizzy, English isn't my first language too. So?
I was asking to make sure for myself, too, because of his odd choice of grammar here and there. I like knowing these things. Your grammar is pretty fluent with classic English slang, so I didn't ask you :P

Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:15 am

Post by Y »

I can play this game almost as well in Spanish, and you really don't want to try playing with me in Hebrew (Which
is
my first language).
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:17 am

Post by Incognito »

Mizzy wrote:I was asking to make sure for myself, too, because of his odd choice of grammar here and there. I like knowing these things. Your grammar is pretty fluent with classic English slang, so I didn't ask you :P
While reading through Near's posts throughout the game, I never got the impression that English wasn't his first language. At one point he even used the word "hyperbole" which doesn't strike me as a word that would even be thought of by someone who was not very familiar with English. I don't think his slip can be disregarded as a null-tell as you seem to imply, however it would be foolish to lynch a claimed Gunsmith on D1. Either way, there's still at least one player who hasn't even checked in yet to possibly counterclaim. We can always test the claim tomorrow if necessary.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:12 am

Post by Ripley »

I think there's a real danger that splitting the Niv vote at this relatively late stage could lead to a no-lynch. Especially with the mod's strict rules about valid voting - there have been a huge number of invalid votes already in this game - which could easily be forgotten under deadline pressure. Anyway, Niv's latest contribution has done nothing to make me think him any more innocent or more likely to be a useful player. And that was his only post for a week apart from a Bruce Springsteen review. He seems not to even be reading the thread any more - there's no sign that he's aware of Near's claim, for example.

I would switch to Y to avoid a no-lynch, and I'll have a reread of his posts, but for now I'm sticking with Niv.
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by Near »

Y wrote:
Near wrote:How did I change my "version"? Answer me this.
"The gun is unloaded, oh, wait, there is no gun, so I mean unloaded as 'has no gun'. That's what I meant in the first place". That change in version.
You are making things up. I asked for facts, not a story.

I had said that I get "Loaded" or "Unloaded" as a response from the mod. I still maintain that this is true.

What I forgot to explain in the very first post I claimed is that "Loaded" means the person I checked out has a gun. "Unloaded" means the person does not have a gun. I forgot to explain this because my pm just says "you will receive results 'Loaded' or 'Unloaded'".

Based on the fact that Y is unreasonably insistent on defending Sammich, I propose a Sammich lynch over Y's lynch.
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by Near »

I am not sure what slips you guys are talking about (Mizzy and Incognito). Are you doubting me because you think "Loaded/Unloaded" doesn't exactly fit the role of a gunsmith? If so, it's not my fault.

Or are you doubting me because I forgot to explain it in my first post when I claimed? But, that's what my pm says. I will receive results "Loaded" or "Unloaded".
Show
Guys!! If RBD isn't scum, I'll video-record me eating my shoe and post it here!

Like, for REAL

Actually, I will hammer my cock.
That should be more fun.
I'll HAMMER my COCK and POST IT HERE.

RBD IS SCUM.
Lynch him and uncover the truth about RachMarie.

I'LL HAMMER MY COCK, MY BALLS, MY EVERYTHING.
RBD SCUM. ALL IN!!!!!!
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by Y »

I defended Sammich/Niv because I thought he might be the cop. Now that he claimed vanilla in a near lynch situation, I'll have to re-read him. Besides that, I still think you, Near, are scum.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:52 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Y wrote:I defended Sammich/Niv because I thought he might be the cop. Now that he claimed vanilla in a near lynch situation, I'll have to re-read him. Besides that, I still think you, Near, are scum.
Why on both counts?

And Near, I'm saying I believe your claim.

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:03 pm

Post by Incognito »

Near wrote:I am not sure what slips you guys are talking about (Mizzy and Incognito). Are you doubting me because you think "Loaded/Unloaded" doesn't exactly fit the role of a gunsmith? If so, it's not my fault.

Or are you doubting me because I forgot to explain it in my first post when I claimed? But, that's what my pm says. I will receive results "Loaded" or "Unloaded".
No. The slip I'm referring to is here:
Near wrote:I checked out XReyoX on night 0. Her gun was unloaded.
In the post above, you mentioned that Reyo's gun was unloaded thereby implying that Reyo both had a gun AND it was unloaded. When I questioned you about it, you said the following:
Near wrote:I actually asked the same question to destructor. She said that "Loaded" and "Unloaded" is for flavour and Loaded basically means the person I checked out has a gun, and "Unloaded" means no gun.
Above you changed it around a bit to mean that Reyo did NOT have a gun and that's why he was unloaded. It's a very subtle difference but it could be a slip nevertheless.

In the absence of a counterclaim though, I see no reason to lynch you over it right now.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by Y »

Night start, vouching for a townie, claiming as some one who's not really vanilla. Most things that go against him, would fit perfectly if he was a cop. Since I noticed he isn't a good player, I figured out that he might have slipped when he vouched for MP (After investigating him N0). I also pointed out several times that I have a theory about him, but I didn't want to help him if he's not the real cop, and I didn't want scum to know he might be the cop (Or even worse, get the real cop to counter-claim).

Why I think Near is scum? He misrepresents a lot of facts, distorts people's words, puts a lot of pressure in unneeded places, wastes time, confuses the town, uses bad logic, vote hopping and so on...
He mentioned in this game at least two roles I have never heard of, or was mostly unfamiliar with. He sticks to irrelevant points, even after repeatedly being told they are irrelevant, and later accuses other people for the lack of progression. He uses uncommon theories and terms, which are hard to counter or prove.
As a whole, I get a really bad filling about him. It seems to me like he's doing a lot of things, but making no actual progress. As if he wishes to be heard, appearing to be very active, but actually does nothing.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”