The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:38 am

Post by vollkan »

springlullaby wrote:
vollkan wrote:
Spring wrote: Your reasoning about how cult leader would play is also full of BS and WIFOM.

If I were a cult leader, I would want to play in the most town-like manner possible, so as to leave no possible angle of attack for as long as possible.
There's something deliciously ironic about you criticising people for speculating about how CLs would play, and then pulling an "If I were a cult leader".

@Skruffs: :shock: HOLY CRAP! That post is enormous. I'll wait until you finish your read before commenting and/or starting an argument.
spring wrote:Your reasoning about how cult leader would play is also full of BS and WIFOM.

If I were a cult leader, I would want to play in the most town-like manner possible, so as to leave no possible angle of attack for as long as possible.

Both are plausible
, so you see, my behavior can be only be said to be scummy in general.

The fact that want to imply that I'm a cult leader when my play can't possibly tell you that makes me find you very scummy indeed.
Please don't arbitrarily cut my quote.

Also, when I say 'my behavior can be only said to be scummy in general' it is intended to mean that anyone's behavior can be only said to be scummy in general for the reason invoked in the present case.
The cut wasn't arbitrary. My point is the same whether it is abridged or in full.

You saying what you "would do as CL" is inherently WIFOM by virtue of the mere fact that you say it. Objective speculation about how SKs would play is different, since it relies on theories about motivation and self-interest.

Your WIFOM doesn't nullify the point into something of "general scumminess" (Also, it doesn't say much that you think that only being "generally scummy" is somehow much of an improvement)
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:06 am

Post by Norinel »

As I posted in V/LA, I'll be limited access this weekend. I don't think it'll be so severe as to effect this game, but somebody PM me (And post in the thread that you're doing so so I don't get 10) if there's a lynch before Sunday.

Vote Count 15

springlullaby [5] (NabakovNabakov, curiouskarmadog, armlx, vikingfan, stark)
Occult [4] (the silent speaker, mnowax, Yosarian2, aioqwe)
mnowax [2] (Greggo, Blazerunner)
Yosarian2 [1] (springlullaby)
vikingfan [1] (Skruffs)

Not Voting [3]: Hjallti, Occult, vollkan

8 to lynch
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:36 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Skruffs... you really should figure out who claimed what. You're just making yourself look silly, and it would make your analysis a whole lot easier by cutting out the speculation.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:33 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Skruffs wrote:Note: I am aware that a few people have claimed, but I have been really busy this last weekend so I forget who claimed vig or whatnot. I'll figure it out later, but that is actually going to help me read this with a clean slate. I Think MNOWAX and Blazerunner both claimed *something* but I forget what.
Mnowax claimed vig, Blaze claimed cult recruit.
Armlx calls out Yos, for voting Blazerunner for OMGUS voting TheSilentSpeaker, who squirms delightfully and pulls up his 'official post' on OMGUS. The only way his post could be seen as applicable, though, is if he thought that A) TSS was town (or at least on his team) or B) he is twisting the normal OMGUS into something like this.
Armlx attacked me because he apparently was under the impression that I didn't think OMGUSing is scummy, probably because he got it confused with something else I said in a different thread. I showed that he was wrong, and he dropped the attack.

And yeah, I do think that Blaze's attack on TSS was an OMGUS attack, an attack entirely motivated by a desire to hit back at the person attacking you rather then one based on an honest suspicious. It looked like that to me. That wasn't the only reason I was suspicious of Blaze, but it was part of it. And now that Blaze has claimed scum, I think I can quite happily say that I was right about that.
Yos's 58: The setup takes pains to let everyone know what would happen if there are two cults (ie cult recruitors are unrecruitable) but there's nothing in the setup that would strongly indicate there is one recruitor or two, except for that line about the recruitors being unrecruitable.
Well, both in this thread and in the thread where he discussed the setup, the mod went into detail about what would happen if there were multiple cult recruiters, so at this point, I think it's likely that there are. Of course you are right that we don't know that for sure, which I think I already mentioned.
Yos suggests that tcult recruiters will lurk and fosses mnowax for suggesting townies do the same. Actually... I will give Yosarian brownie points for this one
Note
but has YOS been lurking? Most of his play up to that point has been... defensive, right?
Eh? Defensive how? I was only attacked once, by amrlx, and that was based on him misremembering a position I took in the MD forum.
Yos tells vanillas not to claim. WHy? IF forced to claim or die, you are requesting them to die. Why?
If someone claims vanillia, is that going to stop people from voting them? It really shouldn't, in any game, and certanly not here. All that does is help the cult figure out both who is and is not recruitable, and to figure out who is and is not a power role. If you're under attack and you're vanillia, you should defend yourself to the best of your ability without claiming; a vanillia claim won't help the town figure out if they should lynch you or not anyway, and if you manage to survive the vanillia claim does help the scum a great deal.
Yosarian attacks Mnowax for this... this is interesting, he suggests that DGB may have been attacked by BOTH the vig and the SK although it says in the rules that any and all kill attempts would be noted, and since DGB only was shot once we know that she was only attacked by one playe r(successfully, anyways). HE begins to pry Mnowax about what he knows; if Blazerunner was fake-soft-claiming, this is Yosarian trying to get a claim out of Mnowax, since Mnowax 'took the bait', which means if one is cult, the other probably is, too. The last bit about 'why would we kill the SK?" might be considered an additional defense of Blaze as something OTHER than cult recruitor - which is intriguing. I can't imagine the cult recruitor would defend a lowly recruit (even a recruited vig if that WERE the case) like that, which implies that yosarian might be the recruit.
YOu're being silly here. I thought Blaze looked suspicious quite early on and attacked him. I only opposed the bandwagon when it became about "Mnowax says Blaze killed DGB", partly because if Blaze did kill DGB then that might actually be a reason to want to keep Blaze alive; at the very least, the wagon really didn't make any sense at that point; and partly because I always wondered if Mnowax was just being wierd.
yosarian plays deaf and dumb... more fossing necessary
That's the second time you've said that, I still have absolutly no idea what the hell you're talking about, and it's starting to get on my nerves. I don't think I've ever "play deaf or dumb" in this game at all.
yos reasserts his SK thing, although he's been hiding out ever since blaze was 'caught', a dramatically different appproach.
"Hiding out"? WTF are you talking about?
141 -Curious what YOS meant in this post; who is he implying is the scum recruit, mnowax or blaze?
Mnowax. Blaze's repeated insistance that he didn't kill DGB sounded honest to me, and I was trying to figure out what was going on. I never really thought it was that likely Mnowax was a cult recruit doing a crazy gambit, but it did seem possible at the time.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:58 am

Post by aioqwe »

Hjallti wrote:Before I forget
unvote

I read to this point, I will catch up the rest later I hope but I just want to give this comment. (and that pages 1 to 3 are pretty much nulltell fights to get the game started, as far as I can tell)
Yosarian2 (post 141) wrote:In a normal game, I would agree with you. But in a game like this, I could see a random cult recruit intentionally sacrificing himself in order to cause one random mislynch; it might not be a bad trade for the cult in this game.
In my first reread I was also thinking almost this when reading. If mnowax is recruited first night*, he might play this ploy to gain 2 more nights for his cult, at the cost of possible one casualty: Blazerunner is killed today, and if found innocent mnowax is killed tomorrow, but as stated before a recruit-lynch is no that much better than a mislynch for town.

The main question under this ploy theory is why choosing blazerunner?

*we can assume there were two** possible new recruits, and as there is noone killed by the cultleaders they recruited different players, and one recruitment could have gone trough (or 0 or 2)

**for the sake of the argument when we have two cult leaders, could be for instance 3 as well.
Didn't balzerunner claim recruit? so are you suggesting mnowax is the leader? And I doubt we'll have too many sacrifices because the two cults are competing and one would be down (compared to the other) if they go with this sacrificing members plan.

Can we have Occult lynched? He has freakn' cult in his name...
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:04 am

Post by vikingfan »

Skruffs wrote:PAge 3
56: vikingfan encourages targetting recruits. Pushes a "not many town can be recruited" theory, which is either a massive breadcrumb (which means he's one of only a few roles OR a cult recruitor) and tries to dismiss the risk we may be in. You shouldn't dismiss risk unless you know that it is not possible or don't want others tot hink it's possible.

Sidenote: Much like in VEngeful, the recruits are probably going to play like Goons to keep the Godfather (cult recruitor) safe. Inasmuch, the Cult Recruiter will probably (if town catches on to that) act like a recruit or like a townie.
vikingfan's 61 is... nonsensical. Intentionally so? I'm glad I am voting him, he is cult.
vikingfan AGAIN pushing the pro-cult agenda. "We may have the alarmist, don't worrrrrrry about it...."
but now Viking is defending blaze too. AARRGGH! Cults stick together, I guess.
vikingfan being scummy again...

viking being MORE scummy... seriously... he needs to die
CKD, would you care to explain WHY you wish you had two votes, rather than just quoting me and sayijng that? It gives me nothing to respond to.

Skruffs, as to your first point, I was taking the view that doing the recruit is preferable in only one regard- we don't risk exposing the other valuable roles. Do we want to kill the CL? of course, and we do that by attacking and trying to see what they would be most likely to do.

you say repeatedly that I'm being scummy without giving explanations. Furthermore, you list the many people who are cult, but forgetting the fact that so far, only one recruitment can possible have been made. Thus, your point that all of us supposed cultists are sticking together falls to the ground, and it actually repudiates your point since not all of us can be part of the same cult, which actually leads to the thought that we are thinking correctly.

As to your first paragraph, I say that because Norinel is an experienced mod and usually tries to create a balanced game for all sides.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:12 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

vikingfan wrote:
CKD, would you care to explain WHY you wish you had two votes, rather than just quoting me and sayijng that? It gives me nothing to respond to.
I havent liked your play at all most (if not all) of the day. Your vote on Spring, just adds to it. Did you have some suspicion of Spring, before his BW got going...what post in particular urged you to vote him?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Furthermore, you list the many people who are cult, but forgetting the fact that so far, only one recruitment can possible have been made.
With two cult leaders, two recruits can have been made, plus two cult leaders makes four. And "cults stick together" obviously meant "...against the town, even though they're not allied with each other."
FOS: Vikingfan
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:59 pm

Post by Hjallti »

I just went throught the tread the whole way, and will try to get to real content tomorrow, after pondering over it a day.

I do have some comments I can make now anyway.

I still don't understand mnowax claiming he 'knows blazerunner killed DrippingGoofBall'. In fact it was a blatant lie at that point. I did read the explanation that blazerunner seemed to know there was a vig and a SK, but that doesn't make sense to me at all.

blazerunner is cult, and I would think at this point only recruit (although I can see occult 's point that it is a leader, I don't think it is valid), it does mean his leader made a wron recruitment... why? unexperience seems more likely than experienced player hoping to misdirect us (this would imply that we discovered blazerunner fast, which happened but was not necessary).

Springlullaby has been evasive rather than really defending against Yosarian's attack, and I don't believe her. I can see Yosarian's case, so I will put her on L-2:
VOTE: vote:springlullaby[/b]
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:59 pm

Post by Hjallti »

ebwop:
vote:springlullaby

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:55 am

Post by Norinel »

Prodding Blazerunner. Mnowax, armlx, and stark are all in danger of prodding if they don't post soon. Occult's in forewarned limited access.

But regardless, discussion has lagged, and I'll be putting a deadline down once those are dealt with.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:42 am

Post by armlx »

Hmm, I thought I had made a post after Nabakov's basically saying I agree with him.

Still, nothing has happened to change my opinion of SL, or anyone else to be fair.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Still here. I still think SL is the way to go, but I would like to hear what Skruffs has to say once he gets up to speed.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by mnowax »

i want Tar dead. that is all. SlySly's action are so scummy that they should have warranted an instant lynch. i am amazed that his replacement is still alive.
Sure one more time for fun.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by armlx »

mnowax wrote:i want Tar dead. that is all. SlySly's action are so scummy that they should have warranted an instant lynch. i am amazed that his replacement is still alive.
Wrong game.
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:21 pm

Post by Hjallti »

Just for clarification:

As I understand it the plan with the two claims is:

mnowax is asked to vig Blazerunner:

if he succeeds then Blazerunner will turn up to be 'a recruit (formally roleblocker) shot'

if he fails it means one of the following:
*blazerunner is protected against one nightkill (and thus cultleader or sk, the latter seems not really possible anymore)
*mnowax was blocked or blazerunner was protected. This could only be done by town powerroles which would be unwise
*mnowax was not vigging which should mean he isn't able to vig, therefor lying and thus scum (cl, cr, sk).

Did I miss something or is that the plan? If so, is it already decided to do it this way?

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:24 am

Post by armlx »

Hjallti wrote: *blazerunner is protected against one nightkill (and thus cultleader or sk, the latter seems not really possible anymore)
*mnowax was blocked or blazerunner was protected. This could only be done by town powerroles which would be unwise

*mnowax was not vigging which should mean he isn't able to vig, therefor lying and thus scum (cl, cr, sk).
Fixed. Blaze claimed RB that got recruited, and I highly doubt if there is another RB (or, more likely if there is someone other than him that is RB, that he is lying the the real RB is still out there) they are going to stop a kill on him. There are also 0 roles that protect against night kills in this game.
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:36 am

Post by aioqwe »

So SL is (theoretically) a cult leader? Who is her recruit?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:46 am

Post by Skruffs »

Still catching up - I really think directing a claimed vig towards a recruit is bad, unless we think the recruit is actually a cult leader claiming both a power role AND a recruited power role. In as much, focusing deaths on recruits helps hte cult leader get a NEW recruit. Has anyone wondered who would recruit blazerunner? Do cult leaders generally recruit people they think they can trust, or unknown pepole to distance, or what?

I need to catch up from page 9 onwards, still, I just hopped on to comment on what I see in this page.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:35 am

Post by Blazerunner »

Yay! My death is being planned!

I dont belive Mnowax's claim, and I think from a town perspective it was bad, and so was his accusation of me having killed DGB, based on such a poor reason, and trying to imply he had night info on me.

Even thoguht I dont believe him, oh how I wish I still had my block ability :p

:shock:
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:38 am

Post by armlx »

aioqwe wrote:So SL is (theoretically) a cult leader? Who is her recruit?
Possibly blaze as he's not voting her, but beyond that no fricking clue. Recruit could have whiffed too.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:49 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

I think SL is likely to be a cult leader, yeah. As for who's her recruit, who knows; she could very easily have failed to recruit night 1.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:56 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Everyone who think I am a cult leader, please state clearly why now.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

I explained it in the the post where I voted for you, springlullaby, a post which I note you never bothered to respond to.

I think you look scummy, and specifically like the kind of scum who wants to stay in the background, which sounds more Cult Leader-ish then Cult Recruit-ish.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by armlx »

Opposition to methodical scum hunting methods, lurking, OMGUSing those who attack you for this.

I said this before, right?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”