Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:29 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Sixty-Second Vote Count:

Not Voting (7) - Ectomancer, Jester, Battousai (rep. ryan), Nyktorion, Mizzy (rep. Tamuz), RangeroftheNorth (rep. UnofficialRulerofEveryone who rep. RangeroftheNorth who rep. Dean Harper), thenextepisode

It will take 4 votes to lynch before deadline

FoS Count:

None

Current Deadline:
April 20, 2008 at ~12:00 A.M. (GMT -6)
First Mod Deadline Review:
April 13, 2008 at ~12:00 A.M. (GMT -6)
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:36 am

Post by Jester »

Hmph. My instincts couldn't be much more wrong in this game. :oops: Just about everyone I was suspicious of in this game is now dead and I'm now surrounded by a lot of people that strike me as townies. That's obviously not the case, so my thinking in this game obviously slid off the rails somewhere.

I'm gonna have to go back and do a re-read now that there are a lot of confirmed innocents. In the meantime, though, I'm gonna go back to my early game suspicions because my mid-game suspicions are clearly worthless. I let myself get manipulated day 2 and I want to see if I can find any trace of who did it. In the meantime...

vote: Battousai

Earlier in the game, I felt like ryan was playing strongly against type (which is meta) and that he was engaging in a lot of adhom attacks (which is not). Between ryan and Battousai, they've managed to state that they believed that just about every person that is now dead was mafia. I think some of this is misdirection (in my reread, I'm gonna focus on he and Nyktorion pretty closely), but I think some of it was possibly mafia members getting a lot of townies killed. What say you, Battousai?

Also, it seems pretty clear to me that Rosso was vigged. The guy was acting like an ass, and certainly deserved his fate. And heaven knows he certainly drew any vigs we have in the game on himself. I don't think I've ever seen such anti-town behavior. It'd be hard to find a person in this game that
didn't
want Rosso dead, so finding out who killed him is going to be tough unless someone now wants to claim vig. I'm not a vig.

Finally, all I can say about johoohno was that he was acting scummy and given the same data, I would have reacted the same way to it. Sorry about that, johoohno. :?
I do not play MS on weekends; consider me on V/LA during them
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:15 am

Post by Battousai »

Well, I can't really comment on ryan's playing and thinking since I'm not him (sounds kinda wierd to me since my real name is ryan), but I seriously saw johoohno as scummy, he and rosso were on the top of my list and I was going for them. I've also been rereading the day trying to figure out what is what.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Sixty-Third Vote Count:

Battousai (1) - Jester

Not Voting (6) - Ectomancer, Battousai (rep. ryan), Nyktorion, Mizzy (rep. Tamuz), RangeroftheNorth (rep. UnofficialRulerofEveryone who rep. RangeroftheNorth who rep. Dean Harper), thenextepisode

FoS Count:

None

Current Deadline:
User out of ambit.

RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by RangeroftheNorth »

I'm somewhat lost at this point. Rosso Carne may well have killed by a vig, but why would the mafia have targeted Earwig who was also under a fair amount of suspicion, and who might have been todays lynch? This doesn't make very much sense to me.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

RangeroftheNorth wrote:I'm somewhat lost at this point. Rosso Carne may well have killed by a vig, but why would the mafia have targeted Earwig who was also under a fair amount of suspicion, and who might have been todays lynch? This doesn't make very much sense to me.
Apparently even scum hate lurkers. :roll:
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Nyktorion
Nyktorion
Goon
Nyktorion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:01 am

Post by Nyktorion »

So, many people who seemed rather anti-town in the first two days are now dead (the exception to this rule would be TNE).
Jester wrote:Also, it seems pretty clear to me that Rosso was vigged. The guy was acting like an ass, and certainly deserved his fate. And heaven knows he certainly drew any vigs we have in the game on himself. I don't think I've ever seen such anti-town behavior. It'd be hard to find a person in this game that didn't want Rosso dead, so finding out who killed him is going to be tough unless someone now wants to claim vig. I'm not a vig.
I do not really understand why you want the vig (if we have one) to come out. Wouldn't this just expose him to the mafia, if he was really a vig? And even him really being a vig is not that sure, since it would a good claim for an SK, too.

I don't really know what the mafia want to accomplish by kiling Earwig, but a guess would be that his death does not give much information about the alignment of anyone else in the game.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:49 am

Post by Ectomancer »

True that.

Earwig was all over the place, and the guy he finally ended up voting for ended up dead.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Sixty-Fourth Vote Count (aka the "this looks awfully familiar" Vote Count):

Battousai (1) - Jester

Not Voting (6) - Ectomancer, Battousai (rep. ryan), Nyktorion, Mizzy (rep. Tamuz), RangeroftheNorth (rep. UnofficialRulerofEveryone who rep. RangeroftheNorth who rep. Dean Harper), thenextepisode

FoS Count:

None

Current Deadline:
User out of ambit.

Nyktorion
Nyktorion
Goon
Nyktorion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:07 am

Post by Nyktorion »

By the way, Jester, I would be careful with voting already... if there are three scum, we might be in LyLo already
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by Battousai »

I have just reread the day, and I can't find anything particully scummy about anyone besides TNE. I'm pretty lost on who to vote for at this point.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:29 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

TNE is being prodded

Sixty-Fifth Vote Count (aka the "this still looks awfully familiar" Vote Count):

Battousai (1) - Jester

FoS Count:

None

Current Deadline:
User out of ambit.

thenextepisode
thenextepisode
Townie
thenextepisode
Townie
Townie

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:27 pm

Post by thenextepisode »

Sorry folks, I suck at posting regularly.
Damn, I was sure Rosso was mafia.
Nyktorion wrote:By the way, Jester, I would be careful with voting already... if there are three scum, we might be in LyLo already
This makes me uneasy. Speculating about number of scum always makes me feel like its a mafia playing dumb.
"please, sit on my FACE"
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:51 pm

It's a pretty reasonable speculation at this point. It's not guaranteed that we have three scum, but it's a possibility that needs to be considered.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:53 pm

Post by Mizzy »

RangeroftheNorth wrote:It's a pretty reasonable speculation at this point. It's not guaranteed that we have three scum, but it's a possibility that needs to be considered.
Considering that this is a mini, then yes, we most likely have 3 scum and yes, I believe that does put us into lylo. Getting grumpy about speculation, thenextepisode, is not helpful at this point.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:02 am

Post by Battousai »

If there are three mafia, maybe we can make up our list of the three would be, and gather information and discussion from that?

Mine- percent sure:
TNE- 60%
Jester- 30%
Mizzy (Tamuz)- 30%
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:59 am

Post by Jester »

Nyktorion wrote:By the way, Jester, I would be careful with voting already... if there are three scum, we might be in LyLo already
You know... that's interesting, and likely true. I hadn't even thought of that possibility. And a few days have now passed, quite long enough for the scum to have hammered a Batt-townie and have already won the game, since I'm not scum.

I think I'll keep my vote where it is, for the time being.
I do not play MS on weekends; consider me on V/LA during them
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:07 am

Post by Mizzy »

Jester wrote:
You know... that's interesting, and likely true. I hadn't even thought of that possibility. And a few days have now passed, quite long enough for the scum to have hammered a Batt-townie and have already won the game, since I'm not scum.

That is an interesting point, actually...I need to go re-find your case on Batt to see why you're voting him...you wouldn't happen to know what post it was, do you? :P
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:46 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Sixty-Sixth Vote Count:

Battousai (1) - Jester

FoS Count:

None

Current Deadline:
User out of ambit.

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:34 am

Post by Battousai »

Jester wrote:

There are also a few holes in this theory, though.

1) You could be scum, trying to get a townie to vote with you and then bandwagon with the other scum

2) There could be 2 scum, with another killing role (protown or anti-town)

3) The scum are waiting until your case get's a little stronger (probably nearer deadline) to vote to seem less eager.

4) One of the scum could be less active, thus making his partner(s) hold out for later.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:07 am

Post by Mizzy »

Battousai wrote:There are also a few holes in this theory, though.

1) You could be scum, trying to get a townie to vote with you and then bandwagon with the other scum

2) There could be 2 scum, with another killing role (protown or anti-town)

3) The scum are waiting until your case get's a little stronger (probably nearer deadline) to vote to seem less eager.

4) One of the scum could be less active, thus making his partner(s) hold out for later.
Those are not holes in his theory, those are other theories. Big difference.

RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:13 am

Perhaps it was a poor choice of words, but that doesn't deny his point. The fact that the scum haven't lynched Battousai yet doesn't in any way prove that he's scum.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:27 am

Post by Mizzy »

RangeroftheNorth wrote:Perhaps it was a poor choice of words, but that doesn't deny his point. The fact that the scum haven't lynched Battousai yet doesn't in any way prove that he's scum.
But his theories also don't prove he's town. I think the point was just that it's safe to keep a vote there for the time being, though I'm mixed on my thoughts regarding that.

Does anyone else have any thoughts?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:11 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Mizzy wrote:
RangeroftheNorth wrote:Perhaps it was a poor choice of words, but that doesn't deny his point. The fact that the scum haven't lynched Battousai yet doesn't in any way prove that he's scum.
But his theories also don't prove he's town. I think the point was just that it's safe to keep a vote there for the time being, though I'm mixed on my thoughts regarding that.

Does anyone else have any thoughts?
He didn't say it proved him town, he said it was holes in the theory that he was scum, and he is right (whether you call them other theories or not is semantics). I agree with RotN here.

Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:19 am

Post by Mizzy »

Ectomancer wrote:He didn't say it proved him town, he said it was holes in the theory that he was scum, and he is right (whether you call them other theories or not is semantics). I agree with RotN here.
I didn't say he did say that, so I'm not sure why you're jumping to someone's defense who doesn't need it.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”