Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Elmo »

Hi, this is me not striking a light
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:39 pm

Post by Elmo »

AGAIN?

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:30 am

Post by Elmo »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:I'll dynamite the next person who votes me.
What is the purpose of this post?

Claus: I don't have a lot yet, I was mostly waiting for people to stop being dumb. I don't really see Surye as scum right now, I feel slightly bad about Marmalade and CES.. also a little bit about Adel, although I'm not sure if that's because she's being Adel :). I'd support Adel killing off anyone who strikes a light, and Yos' idea of having suspicious person #1 strike a light and then be immediately attacked by #2. I do figure that 90% of the talk beyond "don't be stupid guise" is superfluous right now. I happen to consider striking a light early both anti-town and a small towntell, though it's probably not really relevant. I don't really know about Yos' comment on three people; I'd lean towards it being null, because three seems quite low for a game of this size, and I can perfectly see him making a slip of the tongue. I do think Yos is right about lurking being especially harmful in this game.

Quag: Why did you endorse Adel's post about LML?
Skruffs: Why is Sarc scum?
Kuribo: If you had to dayvig someone right now, who would it be?

Vote
:
Marmalade

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:29 am

Post by Elmo »

Can't remember. Why don't you like me, apart from the lack of posting? What don't you like about that post?

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:37 am

Post by Elmo »

STOP STRIKING A LIGHT YOU MORONS

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (isolation #5) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:14 pm

Post by Elmo »

Erg0 wrote:Hey, what say we take things a little slower today?
this is relevant to my interests

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by Elmo »

Mmph. Yos, you mixing me up with skitzer or someone? I can't remember saying that about you going after lurkers.

Marmalade: Mmm. Honestly, I remembered I had a vaguely decent reason for the vote, but really couldn't remember what it was then and had to leave at that point - it was a ten second post, like. I should also say that I don't 'expect' reasoning from anyone, necessarily, just that I was curious. The reason that post was somewhat wishywashy was simply as I said: not a lot has happened, despite us being on day 3, due to people ending the day far too prematurely. I didn't/don't have any solid suspicions, so I wanted to wait until we had something to actually look at, rather than push a case/wagon that was probably incorrect. In 'normal' mafia terms, I'd say we're probably not halfway through day 1 in terms of analysable content, despite the amount of words in this thread.

My voting for you was based around 76.. the first part is that you push Surye's wagon (who I think was a popular wagon, and I doubt is scum), based on him being conformist. Now, scum obviously like to blend in, but people will fairly frequently adopt a kind of herd mentality regardless of alignment; a bunch of people have probably done the same thing as him, but he's being singled out for it here for no ostensible reason. If I hadn't thought it through, I do think I would have been tempted to go along with it for the simple reason that the majority of people were doing it, and
not
doing it seems intuitively anti-town - I consider going along with that plan (as such) a towntell, because it makes the individual odds of survival lower, which scum want to avoid, albeit also leads to rapidly self-destructing towns, which is worse. So in my opinion this is at worst a null tell. I don't agree with your interpretation of the second quote there - it reads naturally to me, I guess there's really not a lot of room for debate on that, heh. I think (from memory) only PEG and someone else were suspicious of you when I voted? I don't think that's particularly un-townlike. Having said all the above, the last time someone acted towards me the way you are now, they were town, so I feel better about you, to the extent I'd say you're probably town. Nice and contradictory, I imagine. :P

CES.. something about the apparently joking post rubs me the wrong way. Pretty much pure gut, there. It doesn't
seem
like the kinda thing a townie would do, since they have no motive for discouraging people to vote for them; it's apparently not serious, but I still get a bad vibe from it, because it doesn't seem like the kinda random thing that would be rattling around in a townie's head.

I didn't like the way Adel made post 98 with respect to LML bluffing. I thought he might be just pressuring ooba, but didn't say anything because that would just defeat the point. I can't actually think of a pro-town reason to say that, at that point; but it does work well as scum trying to goad Lee into making the kill (I think Yos said this, as well as LML pointing this out in his last words). The problem with that is simply that Adel is not always easy to follow, and it turns out she was town and obviously had some reason for saying what she did that I didn't understand, which is what I was concerned about.

Yos' slip - I wouldn't expect there to be three scum in a game this size, so it's very probably nothing. The only case in which it means something is if we can be reasonably sure there actually are only three scum; in that case, the fact he talked about three scum when one would intuitively expect more makes it more probable that he has inside knowledge, but it seems very unlikely we will ever actually be in this situation. So I don't think it's really worth pursuing, right now.

</verbose>

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:02 pm

Post by Elmo »

^ has good timing. Or better than mine, it appears.

Yos: No harm, no foul. :)
Surye wrote:So the score so far is that all Skitzer has done is lied, mislead, and lurked?
There doesn't seem to be any analysis of your own, here. What's up with that?

I'm pretty sure that the 'appeal to emotion' is just blithe sarcasm.

Mmm. Tentative
vote
:
Erg0
NabNab: Should Sarc die today? Why?
Claus: Why do you believe scum would be
more
likely to be active in this environment?

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by Elmo »

Unvote
vote Sarcastro
? He's not being as.. well, sarcastric, as usual, so this is my least disliked deadline vote atm.

Sarcastro - 5 (Quagmire, NabNab, PokerFace, Yosarian2, Elmo)
Surye - 4 (pickemgenius, Skitzer, Ergo, Kuribo)
Yosarian2 - 3 (CEScum, Claus, Elvis)
Skitzer - 1 (Surye)

Not Voting - 3 (Flameaxe, Marmalade, Sarcastro)

16 people alive so its 9 votes needed

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (isolation #9) » Tue May 06, 2008 10:21 am

Post by Elmo »

I am still around with respect to this game; I'll reread post something of substance in the next day or two. :?

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (isolation #10) » Thu May 08, 2008 6:14 pm

Post by Elmo »

Mmm. I appear to be mostly on my lonesome in that I do
not
think that Surye's scum. My Sarc vote was precisely what I said it was, the least bad whilst likely-to-do-anything deadline vote. I'll post some stuff tomorrow, hopefully.

Hey, Yos - in 368, you said that you had a feeling that one of skitzer and Surye was bluffing about blowing the other up. What gave you that feeling? Why do you have the feeling that
one
of them out of the two would be bluffing, instead of anything to do with an individual?

Elvis: In 406, you said you had the feeling Surye was panicking.. anything in particular to prompt that feeling?

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (isolation #11) » Sun May 11, 2008 7:07 pm

Post by Elmo »

I've been slacking, yup. Kuribo's move strikes me as genuine, so he's town. NabNab seems to be acting similarly to the last game we were in.. I thought he was scum, and he was town, so I'm going for 'weird town', here. (You think Yos is going to win in LyLo with his scumbuddies, but aren't particularly convinced he's scum?) Did I say PokerFace was town? Well, he is, too. And probably Elvis. Um.

I think some subset of Skitzer, CES, Erg0, and Flameaxe should be dying, actually. I can't shake the feeling there's something up with Yos this game (and he did turn out to be scum in another game that just finished where I had a kinda similar feeling) but there's nothing actually solid out there, and I'm not comfortable with the way he's been wagoned, so I think I'd prefer someone else to die today, at least. I have no idea where he's supposed to have conveyed the impression of a promise to blow himself up; a whole bunch of people have been alight without killing anyone, and I don't see anything wrong with that.

PF: Personally, I don't think alight people should be treated any differently in terms of being voted for. I believe I explained my Marmalade vote earlier; I'm not entirely sure what I didn't like about Erg0. When I played with him, he was very lurky, but he seemed to post a case based on his own opinion of what was going on, then sit and wait for people to respond to that. Here, he seems more inclined to passively agree on a popular wagon without appearing to think much about anyone else. I don't particularly understand why not giving reasons for my votes makes me more likely to be scum, though - it seems fairly widespread, actually.
Yosarian2, to NabNab wrote:I don't like the way that, while you've been saying all game that you think I'm pro-town, you suddenly decide to take advantage of other people's suspicious and just declare that I "have" to blow myself up today, without giving a single reason why you think I should. Like I said, that makes you look like an oppertunistic scum here.
That doesn't seem accurate to me. I can't find anywhere that he's said he thought you were pro-town, and he's been somewhat suspicious of you since his first post. Why do you think he's flip-flopping to that extent? Also, you seem to have attacked (and voted) CES and now NabNab predominantly based on their attacks on you. Do you think your actions could reasonably be interpreted as OMGUS? (n.b. attacking people purely because they attack you).

PokerFace and/or someone else: I tend to pick out and comment on what I find interesting; if you think there's stuff I'm not commenting on, it's probably simplest if you just ask me a direct question about it.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (isolation #12) » Thu May 15, 2008 9:50 am

Post by Elmo »

NabakovNabakov wrote:With that in mind.
Unvote; Vote: Kuribo

I highly advocate he explode (and I would certainly be the one willing to do it) unless he has an extremely good answer to the following question:

Why did you strike a light and do nothing with it?
Explain.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (isolation #13) » Fri May 23, 2008 8:04 am

Post by Elmo »

skitzer wrote:Because if townies stopped striking lights, the scum would win because there would be no day kills.
I'm an evil genius.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (isolation #14) » Wed May 28, 2008 11:21 am

Post by Elmo »

I could possibly have phrased it better, but I meant what I literally said: I did not think Surye was scum, that is, I was fairly neutral on him and did not agree with most of the wagon against him. In retrospect, his comment on skitzer was a pretty obv scumtell; I should probably have read it closer, but I didn't think Surye was the most productive direction to go in at that point.

I still kind of want CES to die, but I have to admit that's mostly inertia, and I should probably go reread and stuff. I still don't like Yos, and I still have nothing concrete to go with that.

CES: I think you might already have done this, but: you didn't classify NabNab's scumminess, because he's the nominated enforcer, but he was nominated by a townie with no extra information. Why didn't you, and what's your view on him?

Inertia, again, but I still think Marmalade is town.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (isolation #15) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:57 am

Post by Elmo »

Think it's appropriate to strike up, now.

STRIKE A LIGHT
- I should be clear this is not some guarantee to blow someone up.

Nabnab: I believe I mentioned it in 257, but I can see how it'd get lost in there. I just find the way he attacked me townish; the last time someone acted that way, they were town.

I should probably re-skim; I don't really know who I want to kill, for once, but I'm leaning towards Yos, and I still can't explain why. I feel like I should be doing something, but I'm not sure what.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (isolation #16) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:09 am

Post by Elmo »

PokerFace wrote:I got a feeling "somebody wants" me to kill Elmo.
The lack of heat on me surprises me. It seems the scum should have tried to drive a wagon on me by now.. for a while now, I've had the feeling that I'm being kept alive for some reason; perhaps I'm being pessimistic about the amount of suspicion towards me, or they're pessimistic about getting me lynched? I don't know.

I can think of semi-decent reasons not to kill everyone except Yos and Erg0. Erg0 in particular has been under the radar for a lot of the game. I do think that it's unlikely that CES and Yos are both scum. Hmm. Narrows it down, actually.

Flameaxe: I'm curious how I seem different to you.
CES: Why do you consider Yos confirmed town? That seems rather strong.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (isolation #17) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:47 pm

Post by Elmo »

Look at post 645 again? I make it about an hour and ten minutes until deadline.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (isolation #18) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by Elmo »

No, wait. You're right, scratch that.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (isolation #19) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by Elmo »

Reasons, or I kill you.

:)

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (isolation #20) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:51 pm

Post by Elmo »

I'm trying to estimate whether it's outright better that I die rather than PokerFace. Currently thinking yes. Opinions?

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (isolation #21) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:11 pm

Post by Elmo »

From the point of view of the town as a team, it's best that the most suspicious person goes. I had a good theoretical basis for this, but I can't remember it offhand. I do admit that my motivation for mafia is not what it once was, and has led to some pretty subpar play here. I think I'd be lying if I said reducing the number of games I'm in wasn't a factor; I'm not sure I'm as much use as other people in the long term. But 90% of it is simply that I don't feel (because of my play) I will see endgame, and there's no added benefit to living longer, really. Perhaps that's pessimism; it's 4am here, and I'm tired.

I'm still thinking one of Yos/CES/Erg0. I have some kind of townish read from everyone else apart from them and skitzer, who I don't think Surye would have leaned on in the way he did if he was mafia. I'm in the middle of skimming through quickly.

Ironically, I'm 99% sure both of you are town now, simply because the
only
people willing to turn up to kill people are by definition town. I can see Yos sitting on AIM from here, heh. *waves*

I will either kill someone inside ~15mins or not at all, put it that way. I will probably kill someone.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (isolation #22) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by Elmo »

I don't actively object. I think you are town, and you're more likely to win an endgame than me, so therefore it's better for me to die. That's about it.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (isolation #23) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by Elmo »

Is that directed at me?

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (isolation #24) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by Elmo »

Sarcastro wrote:Also, CES is scum.

Also, if you bastards let Yos live to endgame I will kill you all. I remember what happened with MoS in Bad Idea II.
What up, Sarc.

DYNAMITE: YOSARIAN2

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (isolation #25) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by Elmo »

idk, gut. :)

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (isolation #26) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 pm

Post by Elmo »

Yos is going to murder me in my sleep if he's town.

<_<

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (isolation #27) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by Elmo »

(12:30:03 AM) ArtherDent: Hi, we're the SURPRISE CIRCUMCISION SQUAD!!!

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (isolation #28) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:33 am

Post by Elmo »

Yosarian2 wrote:Elmo: Good instints there. I had thought I had just about talked myself out of trouble too, heh.
You were really good. I can see why you got that scummy now, hah, it would have been torture trying to get you lynched normally :P I can't believe CES called you 'confirmed town', lol. There was no big thing, it was just lots of little things strung together iirc.. AIM me if you're curious :)

Elvis was good, too. FWIW I would have picked her & Flameaxe to blow up (with slight townish read on FA) at the end, but she seemed quite natural when I was alive... I had her in a sort of 'slightly townish to neutral depending on skill' category. And that's better than most scum do :)

I did feel that Marmalade was obv town and it was unlikely that CES and Yos were both scum, so I didn't approve of CES - Marmalade blowing up. But I did feel that NabNab and PF were fairly obviously town, and that was good play from them, staying up, heh. But then good enough is the enemy of perfect, right? :P

I do think we got lucky inthat Surye made it kinda obvious that skitzer was town; without that, Elvis would have killed probably PokerFace(?) and the endgame would have been something like {NabNab|PF}, Flameaxe, Skitzer, Elvis. And if you looked over the game as a whole, Skitzer - Flameaxe blowing up is quite tempting. I thought town might lose when CES blew up Marmalade.

gg

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”