Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:57 pm

Post by Surye »

STRIKE A LIGHT

Wow, I slept right through day 1. I hope we don't have any more rash actions like that, that was crazy.

Even without the mod, we can keep a vote count pretty easy, so lets try to stay somewhat organized.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:33 am

Post by Surye »

It's unfortunate you can't put out your light, as that is a very good point, both from LML and kuribo.

My original logic was that it allowed us to make a move in 24 hours, after discussion. Though now I realize that is seriously flawed, as it's going to take much more then 24 hours to make a proper assessment of the game.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:06 am

Post by Surye »

@LML: I struck a light, as it seemed like a good stratagy for everyone to be equal in risk, and given day one everyone was striking like mad, I assumed there was the state we would be safe in, as it would be sort of like a cold war. However, after I woke up (I posted that at 2am), I had thought about it some more, and read some opinions on it, and realized it's like a cold war, but with some possibly not so civil and reasonable players, and that I was incorrect with my first assesment.

That said, I'm willing to possibly use my dynamite when we come to a decision so that town does not need to risk any more people, as I doubt scum will attack me, they would lose a 1 for 2 game far too quickly. If anyone else wants to strike a light, I'm not trying to say not too, just that since I did, and cannot undo it, I'll try to put it to good use later.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by Surye »

Adel wrote:players who are alit = more likely than average to be scum imo
Because we lit at the begining of the day, before we started discussing best strategy for lighting? Because if so, between day 1 and day 2, here's our list of suspects by the current line of reasoning:

Claus
Nightson x 2 (Both Day 1 and Day 2)
Erg0
Flameaxe
UltimaAvalon
elvis_knits
Marmalade
ooba
pickemgenius
Surye

I'm not sure why I am the scummiest on that list, when I realized that maybe I shouldn't have lit after some discussion, and tried to offer my lit as useful to the town. If anything, by your logic, Nightson should be the most suspicious. Not to mention him calling me out with no explanation what so ever, most likely because LML mentioned me.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:29 am

Post by Surye »

Hmm... I like Adel's plan, I only have one addition (though she may have implied it, I just wanted to clarify it explicitly), there's always the danger that votee #1 or #2 could in a panic, if scum, try and blow up a more pro-town player (as discussed), so when a concensus has been reached, #2 should Strike a Light, and then #1 should immediately dynamite #2, thus preventing any chance for a targeted attack.

Sorry if this was already obvious, but I thought it an important point.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:34 am

Post by Surye »

I really don't understand the implicit trust for quagmire coming from Adel, but I don't think that's really a tell for anything. In fact, I suppose a replacement doesn't have to be trusted, though it does create a state of "Agree with Adel or you are Scum". That said, I agree scum-adel wouldn't risk her self to blow the first light, there would be NO scum benefit. So Adel is town, and probably right strategically.

The top of my suspicions right now are Skruffs, Yos, and CES. And I really don't find CES particularly scummy so much as wildly dangerous to a town win, he seems to far driven by emotion, and if anyone sets adel off, I see it being him. Skruffs and Yos seem to be somewhat bussing by focusing on moot points, but I'm not sure.

Other then that, I haven't seen a lot of game making content, I will try to post thoughts more though to see if we can't figure something out.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:54 am

Post by Surye »

Elmo wrote:STOP STRIKING A LIGHT YOU MORONS
Game winning post.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:05 pm

Post by Surye »

CES scares me mostly because I see him as the next irrational player that will blow up someone at the drop of a hat, but I'm not convinced he's scum at this point. Scum has no incentive to blow them selves up, and CES seems pretty convincing he'd take someone out when he feels justified (even if town doesn't..).

I'm pretty confused by the night kill choice myself, I have a suspicion that all the calling out of him as likely scum, and then him dieing, may be a tactic to distance scum from the kill, but I am not sure of this, what is everyone else's take on this choice?
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by Surye »

So the score so far is that all Skitzer has done is lied, mislead, and lurked?

Vote: Skitzer
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (isolation #9) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:49 am

Post by Surye »

pickemgenius wrote:
vote: surye

def scum.

reading his most two recent posts have convinced me.
Both of them? I can see how the most resent can be seen as somewhat scummy, though after re-reading, that is exactly what I found, I'd like to see where I am wrong.

And what is wrong with my second to last post? I'm not sure what you don't like about it.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (isolation #10) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:42 am

Post by Surye »

skitzer wrote:I'm kind of sad that I'm being called out as a lurker, I mean to post, but because the nights last longer than the days it's kind of hard to find a interval in which I can post. Some people don't watch the site 24/7.

I would like to note this point from Surye.
Surye wrote:CES scares me mostly because I see him as the next irrational player that will blow up someone at the drop of a hat, but I'm not convinced he's scum at this point. Scum has no incentive to blow them selves up, and CES seems pretty convincing he'd take someone out when he feels justified (even if town doesn't..).
this is how I interpreted it.

"CES scares me because he could blow me up, which would be bad for me because I'm scum, but I know he's not scum. Scum have no incentive to blow themselves up, and CES seems like a townie who could take me, scum, out when he feels justified (and even if town doesn't see this)[multitude of periods]

Maybe if you read through it again, you'll see what I'm getting at.

Vote: Surye
So you're saying it's not bad for town to take things into their own hands and blow someone up? Have you been watching this game? I think CES is town, but I don't think he should take things into his own hands. Your interpretation makes no sense.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (isolation #11) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:58 am

Post by Surye »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
skitzer wrote:Still, you shouldn't be scared of them, IMO.
Nobody wants to die.

Surye, why haven't you explained why that post was scummy yet?
When did someone ask me to? o.0

All I meant was that it could seem opportunist, but as I stated it was the result of my analysis of his play.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by Surye »

skitzer wrote:Frankly, with my current case on Surye on all, I'd happily take him out for you, because at least a scum would go down with me.

Nabakov: yes, no one wants to die, but good townies should be willing to take lives for the town. You get more information that way.
Interesting, you're completely disregarding the town consensus to take matters into your own hands when only two people have voted me? Where is your strong case against me? I think Yos and CES are much more interesting, and I'm not sure what you're playing at.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (isolation #13) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by Surye »

skitzer wrote:Ah, Surye, but notice how I didn't strike a light.

I just don't think a town member would be scared of dying. Which was proved in the quote on you I made on the last page.
I'm not scared of dying, I'm afraid of two towns acting emotionally and rash and killing eachother. How am I not right? Has that not happened 3 times now?
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (isolation #14) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by Surye »

skitzer wrote:OK, whatever, but I'lls be watchins you.

The way it seemed in that post was that you were afraid a rash townie would come after you.
Me, or any other town. If I am voted, I will comply, but lets not have a 4th rash death is all I meant.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (isolation #15) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:31 am

Post by Surye »

pickemgenius wrote:need more elvis blowing up surye.
What's your problem with me? You keep popping up with this, I don't understand it.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (isolation #16) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:12 am

Post by Surye »

Quagmire wrote:
Surye wrote:
pickemgenius wrote:need more elvis blowing up surye.
What's your problem with me? You keep popping up with this, I don't understand it.
he finds you suspicious; what's so hard to understand
I realize he finds me suspicious, I didn't ask if he HAD a problem with me, but as to WHAT it was. Your post was useless.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (isolation #17) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:38 am

Post by Surye »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
Elmo wrote:NabNab: Should Sarc die today? Why?
What I'm looking at is a fairly isolated tell (though anything is isolated given Sarc's level of content), and I would like to see what his response is, but I would put him next to Suyre on my list of people I would like to dynamite elvis_knits. His participation has been composed of making baseless accusations and deflecting the attention those accusations bring.
I'm not deflecting the attention, I'm brining it back to the table so I can address it, I've already defended most everything thrown at me, but peg is still just posting one liners against me, and I want to address it.

Deflecting it would be posting about others, I brought up a post no one had seemed to even notice. Why would I do that if I was not confident I could address his issue?
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (isolation #18) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:49 am

Post by Surye »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
Surye wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:
Elmo wrote:NabNab: Should Sarc die today? Why?
What I'm looking at is a fairly isolated tell (though anything is isolated given Sarc's level of content), and I would like to see what his response is, but I would put him next to Suyre on my list of people I would like to dynamite elvis_knits. His participation has been composed of making baseless accusations and deflecting the attention those accusations bring.
I'm not deflecting the attention, I'm brining it back to the table so I can address it, I've already defended most everything thrown at me, but peg is still just posting one liners against me, and I want to address it.

Deflecting it would be posting about others, I brought up a post no one had seemed to even notice. Why would I do that if I was not confident I could address his issue?
Sorry, vague pronouns/poorly conceived post. The last sentence refers to Sarcastro. I'm still waiting for you to tell me why you claimed to analyze Skitzer when all you did was rehash.
Ah, I see, good point. And I will do my skitzer analysis, complete with quotes when I get home from work tonight.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (isolation #19) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:12 am

Post by Surye »

pickemgenius wrote:
pickemgenius wrote:@Surye- if you were able to blow someone up right now who would it be?
@Elvis- same question
one word answers please. i'll make my own informed decision based upon your answers.
Yes master.

Skitzer.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (isolation #20) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:46 am

Post by Surye »

STRIKE A LIGHT

Okay, we're getting really close to the deadline, and i have not had much free time to really address this game like I wanted to, however, I have been following.

If I make it to my 24 hours, I will take out Yos2 or Skitzer. I'd like to hear skitzers current thoughts on the game. I hope no one blows me up before the 24 hours, as a double town death is a really bad idea, and even assuming you think I am scum, letting me blow someone up will have the same effect or better as scum killing. I will try to make my promised analysis after work today.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (isolation #21) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:10 am

Post by Surye »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
kuribo wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote: It seems I'm all alone on the elvis_knits wagon. If nobody else is willing to join me, I'd likely move to Sarc or Yos, but I'd take some time to figure out which.
I interpret that as "No one is listening to my accusations, but if you guys are willing to kill someone, I'd be perfectly willing to help."
If I wanted to kill elvis_knits all by myself I could certainly make a go of it. This setup is unique in that you can still kill somebody even if nobody else is listening to you. I am willing to cede to the town's opinion on this one as an elvis_knits dynamite sails off into the distance.

Maybe I'm WIFOMing, but I don't see why Claus striking a light makes sense from a scum perspective. He was under mild suspicion but could have easily sailed through deadline without anybody noticing. Why put yourself on the line like that? It's bluffing at an empty pot.

I'd rather not lynch Yos. His defense seemed comprehensive, his suspicions believable, and there really isn't anything scummy about pressuring lurkers (at least until you get to the policy-lynch level of zealotry). His long post trump's Claus' long post and anything else is just playing WIFOM with the burden of proficiency.

I don't mind that Surye is dynamiting but I think we could have done better. Quick, everybody wagon Sarc.

Unvote: Vote: Sarcastro
I really don't understand the case against Sarcastro... Hell, I don't understand how I have the most votes, based on one sparse comment. But Sarcastro even more so.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (isolation #22) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:34 am

Post by Surye »

kuribo wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:
kuribo wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote: It seems I'm all alone on the elvis_knits wagon. If nobody else is willing to join me, I'd likely move to Sarc or Yos, but I'd take some time to figure out which.
I interpret that as "No one is listening to my accusations, but if you guys are willing to kill someone, I'd be perfectly willing to help."
Kuribo, I notice you are not voting.

Why?
Because I don't have a clear opinion on who the scum might be?
With a deadline looming, are you suggesting a nolynch? If not, who do you propose dies?
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (isolation #23) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by Surye »

Erg0 wrote:Reaching much?
Who, me?
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (isolation #24) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by Surye »

elvis_knits wrote:I feel like Surye is panicking.
How? :P I simply questioned a "I don't vote because I'm not 100%" with a deadline looming.

Or do you mean me striking a light?

Either way that is pretty silly, if anyone is panicking, it's Yos.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (isolation #25) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:20 pm

Post by Surye »

elvis_knits wrote:I feel like Surye is panicking.
How? :P I simply questioned a "I don't vote because I'm not 100%" with a deadline looming.

Or do you mean me striking a light?

Either way that is pretty silly, if anyone is panicking, it's Yos.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (isolation #26) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:20 pm

Post by Surye »

EBWOP: Doh, stupid browser, please delete, thanks.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (isolation #27) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:00 pm

Post by Surye »

Erg0 wrote:
Surye wrote:
Erg0 wrote:Reaching much?
Who, me?
Yes, you. Implying that kuribo was suggesting a no-lynch was a massive leap, and looks like a desperate attempt to distract from your own wagon.
Eh, we've had a whole lot of game going on, and if he doesn't have enough to at least play a vote this late in the day, he's equivalently playing a nolynch. How is that a stretch, he's just trying to be passive, and I was curious why.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (isolation #28) » Fri May 02, 2008 6:20 am

Post by Surye »

PokerFace wrote:Considering how surye did not make good on his deal to blow himself up. He is obv scum
I came home and the did was done already. I don't know why he didn't wait, we still had enough time to wait before the deadline, and give me a chance to make good.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (isolation #29) » Fri May 02, 2008 6:25 am

Post by Surye »

EBWOP: I came home and the
deed
was done already.

And as with yesterday, I will go with town today. People just need to stop taking the game into their own hands.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (isolation #30) » Mon May 05, 2008 6:19 am

Post by Surye »

I wasn't given the chance to, keep your dynamite in your pants guys.

Right now the lurkers are the most dangerous players period. You guys make it a point to ignore them, and it's going to cause town to lose.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (isolation #31) » Mon May 05, 2008 10:39 am

Post by Surye »

kuribo wrote:
PokerFace wrote:Considering how surye did not make good on his deal to blow himself up.
That right there is probably the shortest--- and best argument against surye yet.

How about coming up with a real argument of your own? Would you rather the day be cut short, or should we wait as long as possible? No one should have blown up but me. I was home in time to blow up, but the deed was already done, and I was tired, so I just went to bed without posting since there's nothing I could have done that night now that there was a dynamite.

Even if the deadline went, it would be 1 townie dead vs 3, and if you really all think I am scum, wouldn't letting the deadline go be more proof that I am scum rather then risking 2 extra townies? Claus knew he was town, so the best he could have done was kill 1 scum, and two town would have died. I don't like what he did, and I hope it doesn't happen again. If I am voted again, which all of you seem to have this "rock solid" case against me, lets follow the plan, okay? And not pointlessly risk more townies. I hope if I have to go, I will take a scum with me to make all this worth it, and to increase the odds, lets stick to the plan.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (isolation #32) » Mon May 05, 2008 10:39 am

Post by Surye »

Yosarian2 wrote:Yes, Suyve is obv scum, and needs to die today.

Does someoen want to actually make a case against me, or are you all just going to keep mindless repeating "Yos needs to die"?
Says the parrot.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (isolation #33) » Mon May 05, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by Surye »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
Quagmire wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Yes, Suyve is obv scum, and needs to die today.

Does someoen want to actually make a case against me, or are you all just going to keep mindless repeating "Yos needs to die"?
Your reluctance to get blown up has been duly noted, and is grounds for absolute dismissal, in my opinion.
In a similar vein.

Surye, what has changed between today and yesterday that makes you any less deserving of being blown up? Enough people wanted you dead before to force you to strike a light, why are you straw-dogging the issue into one of deadlines and schedules? (which I'll admit I played along with)
Because I told you I am ready and raring to blow up again, this time done right? In fact.

STRIKE A LIGHT

Now lets see if we can't find some scum. My guess is scum is on my wagon, Quag and Yos both offer nothing to the Surye table, explain your vote now.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (isolation #34) » Mon May 05, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by Surye »

kuribo, you too.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (isolation #35) » Mon May 05, 2008 3:08 pm

Post by Surye »

kuribo wrote:
Surye wrote: How about coming up with a real argument of your own?
Why? It's already been laid out with far more eloquence than I'm capable of.

You guys say the word and I'll blow Surye up myself.
You think I am scum? Then why blow me up? Did you all fail math? Any town blowing me up guarantees 2 town deaths tonight, 3 including me. However, even if you don't believe I am town, why do that so early kuribo? Or are you just saying that to try to prove a point, and get it in the record? Or do you just fail at basic arithmetic.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (isolation #36) » Mon May 05, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by Surye »

kuribo wrote:
And nothing of real value has been laid out. Have you even read the thread or are you just jumping on the closest bandwagon? The fact that you're not even playing, coupled with the pointless threat to blow me up, you're first on my list to go, but I want to hear from others first.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (isolation #37) » Tue May 06, 2008 9:00 am

Post by Surye »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
kuribo wrote:
Surye wrote:
kuribo wrote:
And nothing of real value has been laid out. Have you even read the thread or are you just jumping on the closest bandwagon? The fact that you're not even playing, coupled with the pointless threat to blow me up, you're first on my list to go, but I want to hear from others first.
It's not pointless, I'm going to blow you to kingdom come as soon as the town's ready.
I don't get this, I really don't. Why would a townie willingly volunteer to be one end of a dynamiting? From Kuribo's perspective
any
random player besides himself increases the probability of scum being in the dynamite, and that's not something you should dismiss even if you're absolutely convinced of Surye's guilt (who knows, we might catch two scum). At best, Krubio's play shows a lack of basic planning and consideration of probabilities, at worst, it betrays that he lacks a true townie mindset (though I couldn't see how this play could help scum either)
Actually blowing someone up is indeed a bad play for either side in his position. However, a threat to blow up is a scum move, as he is trying to entice me to make a quick, rash move.

The same that has lead to a town lynch every single day.

Vote: kuribo
as being the only one to actually have made a substantially scummy move so far in the last several days, let alone in the game really.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (isolation #38) » Tue May 06, 2008 9:05 am

Post by Surye »

Here is the play I see him trying to make happen:

1) I am town.
2) In his plan, he is town.
3) He threatens to blow me up.
4) I fear a mislynch due to this.
5) I blow up someone else in a desparate attempt to make my death mean something, and to give town a chance to win.
6) I hit town, scum wins, or is very close to winning.

For this to work, premise 2 must be false. I'm betting it is.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (isolation #39) » Tue May 06, 2008 9:44 am

Post by Surye »

I did not OMGUS, I provided a detailed explaination for my vote.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (isolation #40) » Tue May 06, 2008 10:17 am

Post by Surye »

skitzer wrote:Just curious...Surye, who do you plan on blowing up? I guess if he is scum, he could choose one of the best players in the game and not someone who is actually scummy. He wouldn't face any consequences (well, except death) either way.

On another note...I would actually like to take the place of kuribo. I'm much less of a need to the town than kuribo is, so if you can "say the word" in an hour or so. I'll do it myself.
He who has the most votes. I still trust the vote system over taking justice into your own hands. See, individuals are likely to miss important points (like when you missed everything I last wrote on kuribo), but the group has a better chance at assimalating information. Even if you think I am scum, please to don't blow me up haphazardly, vote for me, and I'll do it then. Skitzer coming out of the woodwork, clearly missing all the relevent discussions on math, and what is best for the town, is even more unqualified then a normal townie. Assuming he is a townie, which I've seen nothing suggesting he isn't really, other then this digression. I still say my kuribo theory holds water, and will wait to see what others think.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (isolation #41) » Tue May 06, 2008 11:56 am

Post by Surye »

NabakovNabakov wrote: Surye: Why are you voting Kuribo for an odd ???-tell instead of his play at deadline yesterday?

I didn't find his play to be all that bad yesterday, a null tell if anything. I was not calling him out, I was trying to understand his reasoning for not voting, others blew the question out of proportion. Though with the context from today, that does shine a different light. He was ignoring me till I asked a simple question, then he jumped me with a vote, giving no real explaination. OMGUS if I ever saw it.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (isolation #42) » Wed May 07, 2008 6:05 am

Post by Surye »

kuribo wrote:
Surye wrote: OMGUS if I ever saw it.
Maybe you should look up the definition of OMGUS. If you did, you'd see a picture of what you're doing to me.

:themoreyouknow:
I question you, you vote me without reason.

You parrot something a million people have said before you about me, and I setup a full post explaining my problem with you.

Heh, okay sir.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (isolation #43) » Thu May 08, 2008 9:37 am

Post by Surye »

skitzer wrote:

I feel very confident that Surye is mafia, but no one seemed to understand my interpretation.
Then try stating it in a clear and logical way? That's usually a good start.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (isolation #44) » Thu May 08, 2008 9:39 am

Post by Surye »

skitzer wrote:I did. You were scared you were going to be killed. Add on all the other little tidbits, and you've got a pretty good case.
I was scared I was going to be killed by town, yes. And? You do realize that's why we're losing right? Because that keeps happening? Any protown player would be afraid of being blown up by town.

Your post makes no sense.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (isolation #45) » Thu May 08, 2008 10:26 am

Post by Surye »

Quagmire wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
kuribo wrote: Um, no, I voted for you yesterday, too, long before you questioned me today.
You know, you actually voted for him yesterday directly in response to him questioning you. You said you had no suspects, he asked you a question, and suddenly you were voting for him with no reason given.

Don't want the day to end just yet, but at the moment I really wouldn't mind seeing it end with you and him blowing each other up.

We also really need to hear from Elmo and Flameaxe before we do anything today.
No. I want Surye and Yosarian2 to explode right now.
Way to be protown. :roll: Why does Elmo and Flameaxe playing the game scare you so much?
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (isolation #46) » Thu May 08, 2008 11:26 am

Post by Surye »

Quagmire wrote:
Surye wrote:
Quagmire wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
kuribo wrote: Um, no, I voted for you yesterday, too, long before you questioned me today.
You know, you actually voted for him yesterday directly in response to him questioning you. You said you had no suspects, he asked you a question, and suddenly you were voting for him with no reason given.

Don't want the day to end just yet, but at the moment I really wouldn't mind seeing it end with you and him blowing each other up.

We also really need to hear from Elmo and Flameaxe before we do anything today.
No. I want Surye and Yosarian2 to explode right now.
Way to be protown. :roll: Why does Elmo and Flameaxe playing the game scare you so much?
This has nothing to do with them and everything to do with you.
That's fine, but why do you want to end the day before everyone even makes a play? You're more then welcome to vote for me, even better if you do so with explaination, but stop calling for a premature end of the day.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (isolation #47) » Thu May 08, 2008 11:30 am

Post by Surye »

No, but a call for ending it without votes is, which is what I was saying, and what you are avoiding. And you've explained your yos hate, yes.

Way to purposfully miss 2 of my 2 points.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (isolation #48) » Tue May 13, 2008 9:41 pm

Post by Surye »

kuribo wrote:
Surye wrote: If I make it to my 24 hours, I will take out Yos2 or Skitzer. I'd like to hear skitzers current thoughts on the game. I hope no one blows me up before the 24 hours, as a double town death is a really bad idea, and even assuming you think I am scum, letting me blow someone up will have the same effect or better as scum killing. I will try to make my promised analysis after work today.
And yet you're still alive. You haven't killed either of these guys yet.
Because as I said, and explained, and everyone has agreed, that is not in town's best interest to be blowing up on my own accord.
kuribo wrote:
Surye wrote:
pickemgenius wrote:
pickemgenius wrote:@Surye- if you were able to blow someone up right now who would it be?
@Elvis- same question
one word answers please. i'll make my own informed decision based upon your answers.
Yes master.

Skitzer.
Again, when you were able to blow someone up, you didn't.
Not quite sure what you mean, I didn't say I was planning on blowing said person up, just if I were to, he would be the one at the moment, however, it is more complicated then that. He asked for 1 word.
kuribo wrote:
Surye wrote:
Interesting, you're completely disregarding the town consensus to take matters into your own hands when only two people have voted me? Where is your strong case against me? I think Yos and CES are much more interesting, and I'm not sure what you're playing at.
Translation: "Don't look at ME, we're bandwagoning Yos!"
I asked you for a case, not to ignore me.
kuribo wrote:
Surye wrote: I'm not scared of dying, I'm afraid of two towns acting emotionally and rash and killing eachother. How am I not right? Has that not happened 3 times now?
Except you've tried to convince us many times that Yos is scum--- and yet he lives. If he's scum, you've had the power for quite awhile to kill him.
What is with your inane insistance on getting others to dayvigging without votes? I am not going to do it, stop trying to tempt others into doing it. In this game setup, there is
NO SCUMMIER ATTITUDE
. Period.

Lots of us have the power to kill lots of people, and a lot of people have stronger suspicions about others then mine of Yos. We don't do it because we're using logic and reason to formulate a consensus, not just blowing up our first suspect.
kuribo wrote:
Surye wrote: Me, or any other town. If I am voted, I will comply, but lets not have a 4th rash death is all I meant.
The constant "I'm willing to blow someone up if..." is scummy to me--- you're bluffing. You've done this at least twice now. Yosarian still lives, as do you, and you're clearly NOT willing to blow yourself up.
I've done this once, and you can believe me or not, but it's because someone stepped out of line, blew up before I could, and marked another townie down, he did exactly what you call for others to do over and over. Talk about scummy.
kuribo wrote:
Surye wrote:CES scares me mostly because I see him as the next irrational player that will blow up someone at the drop of a hat, but I'm not convinced he's scum at this point. Scum has no incentive to blow them selves up, and CES seems pretty convincing he'd take someone out when he feels justified (even if town doesn't..).

I'm pretty confused by the night kill choice myself, I have a suspicion that all the calling out of him as likely scum, and then him dieing, may be a tactic to distance scum from the kill, but I am not sure of this, what is everyone else's take on this choice?
Further, I see the comment about the NK as scummy because it seems like you're trying to sow confusion in the town by pointing out an odd NK.
kuribo wrote: This has been commented on nicely by PokerFace
Also, you're right, SCUM has no incentive to blow themselves up, and apparently neither do you.
kuribo wrote: Hi, pot? I'd like you to meet my friend kettle.
Surye wrote:So the score so far is that all Skitzer has done is lied, mislead, and lurked?

But... you... argh. Head... exploding.
kuribo wrote: Hmm?
Surye wrote:
pickemgenius wrote:

def scum.

Both of them? I can see how the most resent can be seen as somewhat scummy, though after re-reading, that is exactly what I found, I'd like to see where I am wrong.

And what is wrong with my second to last post? I'm not sure what you don't like about it.
Pickemgenius comes out of almost nowhere to call you "def scum." He dies that night. Usually I don't take much stock in NK discussion. But, tell me, Surye--- did you think you'd found a cop?
kuribo wrote: Again, you're just stirring up a pointless, baseless, and proofless WIFOM.
Surye wrote: That said, I'm willing to possibly use my dynamite when we come to a decision so that town does not need to risk any more people, as I doubt scum will attack me, they would lose a 1 for 2 game far too quickly. If anyone else wants to strike a light, I'm not trying to say not too, just that since I did, and cannot undo it, I'll try to put it to good use later.
That was back on DAY 1. It is now Day 5. Do it!
kuribo wrote: Do what? How many times have I told you I will not just randomly explode whoever I feel like. I am going to get a case built with the rest of the town, and when we all agree who's going to die, that's the best course of action.
Surye wrote:I was scared I was going to be killed by town, yes. And? You do realize that's why we're losing right? Because that keeps happening? Any protown player would be afraid of being blown up by town.
Yet you've struck a light two days straight now. Know how you could prevent that? DON'T STRIKE A LIGHT AND DON'T CLAIM YOU'RE GOING TO BLOW UP WHOEVER WE WANT. Most of the town clearly wants YOU blown up.

He's accused people of OMGUS, and he's paranoidally (that isn't a word) attempted to deflect each and every suspicion against him while trying to shine it on anyone but himself.

And the funny thing is, I could probably keep going!
This was rather lame, it's just you repeating over and over:

"Okay, you blow someone else up so that we have a high chance of losing 3 townies to rash decisions, for the 5th time."

You just made it look like a big post to make it look like it has any weight, but it's just as baseless as the rest of your posts, and introducing nothing new.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (isolation #49) » Tue May 13, 2008 9:43 pm

Post by Surye »

Vote count is wrong, kuribo has 2 votes. Anyone want to put anymore on him to ensure that if I have to go, we take some scum out too?
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (isolation #50) » Tue May 13, 2008 9:46 pm

Post by Surye »

EBWOP: Sorry, this quote nesting is killing me :P
kuribo wrote:

Further, I see the comment about the NK as scummy because it seems like you're trying to sow confusion in the town by pointing out an odd NK.
This has been commented on nicely by PokerFace
kuribo wrote: Also, you're right, SCUM has no incentive to blow themselves up, and apparently neither do you.
Hi, pot? I'd like you to meet my friend kettle.
kuribo wrote:
Surye wrote:So the score so far is that all Skitzer has done is lied, mislead, and lurked?

But... you... argh. Head... exploding.
Hmm?
kuribo wrote:
Surye wrote:
pickemgenius wrote:

def scum.

Pickemgenius comes out of almost nowhere to call you "def scum." He dies that night. Usually I don't take much stock in NK discussion. But, tell me, Surye--- did you think you'd found a cop?
Again, you're just stirring up a pointless, baseless, and proofless WIFOM.
kuribo wrote:
Surye wrote: That said, I'm willing to possibly use my dynamite when we come to a decision so that town does not need to risk any more people, as I doubt scum will attack me, they would lose a 1 for 2 game far too quickly. If anyone else wants to strike a light, I'm not trying to say not too, just that since I did, and cannot undo it, I'll try to put it to good use later.
That was back on DAY 1. It is now Day 5. Do it!
Do what? How many times have I told you I will not just randomly explode whoever I feel like. I am going to get a case built with the rest of the town, and when we all agree who's going to die, that's the best course of action.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (isolation #51) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:21 am

Post by Surye »

kuribo wrote:
PokerFace wrote:Yay I'm sorry I tried to stop you Claus. I saw you get on that night and I should have switched my vote so at least you would have got Surye.
Surye's overreaction to my suspicion and constant throwing about of WIFOM was what got me convinced. Everyone was pressing for him to blow up, and he kept saying that he wouldn't until the town all agreed on it, but that point had clearly come and gone. Fortunately, in this game, we didn't have to wait for a lynching majority. :P
Haha, I was just trying to piss you off as much as I could so I didn't have to look like I was avoiding blowing up Yos. I knew I was dead, I just needed one of you to blow me up. :P
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (isolation #52) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:36 am

Post by Surye »

I would, btw, be interested in a game like this again in the future, it was quite fun.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”