Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:33 am

Post by Holy »

Beep! Beep! wrote:
Greasy Spot(town) WAGON

mith(town), wolfcrier/BB(town), Sarcastro(town), Monkey(town), Captain Bandwagon/farside(town)
PookyTheMagicalBear(Jester), RossWilliam(town)
curiouskarmadog(SCUM)
Mastermind of Sin(SCUM)
*** petroleumjelly
*** Iammars

There is already 2 scum on this wagon. Unlikely that there would be a third or fourth.
Therefore, PJ and Mars get fifty townie points each.
50 points each for 2 players.
Beep! Beep! wrote:
farside22 (town) WAGON

hasdgfas(town)
RossWilliam(town)
Mastermind of Sin(SCUM)
***curiouskarmadog(SCUM)
*** Holy
*** MeMe/Mathcam
*** Battle Mage

Two scum here. Thirty-three townie points each.
33 points each for 3 players?

Hm, I guess your formula based from 100/players. Have you proven your theory on your other games? I don't think your formula is effective to detect scum though, because I don't remember you ever mention MoS as your suspect based from your calculations before this. It proved fails, don't you think?

I'll continue my read tomorrow, I'm sleepy now.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:21 am

Post by mathcam »

PJ wrote:Apparently you yourself thinks there's some "pretty good info" in Beep! Beep! analysis; I am showing that it is very much not. Anybody can whip up a voting analysis. I've done it as town and as scum.
I'll admit that it was mostly a throw-away phrase, but it is true that having that much voting information in one place is useful (albeit, I hadn't checked it for accuracy at that point).

And I agree -- this is my first game with you, and I'm slowly getting accustomed to your unique playstyle. :)
Beep wrote: Where's your vote, Holy? Come on, vote to lynch me. Show us that you're scum as my model predicts.
:roll: There's one out of 5 votes on you, Beep. This last-ditch appeal to sympathy is even less believable than ckd's.

Here's a theory whose plausibility I haven't entirely thought through yet: MGIA and Beep are scum together, they thought that Beep was a likely lynch target for the day, and so MGIA stole her vote as a pretty definitive distancing play, particularly distancing given how blatant Beep has been about being upset with her lack of vote. It would certainly be a compelling defense for MGIA if he used Beep's own vote to get her lynched and she turned up as scum.

Cam
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:59 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

mathcam wrote::roll: There's one out of 5 votes on you, Beep. This last-ditch appeal to sympathy is even less believable than ckd's.
I don't care, the scum won. Lynch me and find out just how spectarly. BTW there are 2 votes on me, not one. Three more are needed. Hurry please.

Hey mathcam I hope you are getting accustomed to my unique playstyle, too. ;-)
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:06 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

Holy wrote:Hm, I guess your formula based from 100/players. Have you proven your theory on your other games? I don't think your formula is effective to detect scum though, because I don't remember you ever mention MoS as your suspect based from your calculations before this. It proved fails, don't you think?.
It has, but the games are ongoing, though I am dead in them. I reckon MoS was a middle pack suspect, CKD was higher on the list. But MoS is like PJ. Them both are slippery ones.

If you think it proved "fails" do show everyone that you are scum and vote for me without further ado.

MGIA can then drop in and hammer me with my own vote.

BTW Holy, how is YOUR method for finding scum? Is is better than mine? Do you think that anyone that doesn't find scum in a manner that is approved by PJ is scum? It's my method, I like it, and I believe it to be effective.

Lynch me for it, scumbag. I dare you.
Beep! Beep!
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:34 am

Post by mathcam »

Beep! Beep! wrote: Hey mathcam I hope you are getting accustomed to my unique playstyle, too. ;-)
I'm not sure that's possible... :)

Cam
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:03 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

Harumph, why I am still alive?

Come on people, you all want to see PJ being dead wrong, don't you? The faster you lynch me the faster it's going to happen!

I would have voted myself already if I had a vote.
Beep! Beep!
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:32 am

Post by mathcam »

Beep wrote:Harumph, why I am still alive?
Because there's not a general consensus that you're scum?
Beep wrote: Come on people, you all want to see PJ being dead wrong, don't you? The faster you lynch me the faster it's going to happen!
I have to admit that the two possible outcomes being that we either get rid of scum or get to see PJ being dead wrong has some appeal. :)
Beep wrote: I would have voted myself already if I had a vote.
Ah, then you're arguing that MGIA stealing your vote was a
good
thing. Interesting.

Well, this was a pretty worthless post -- I really think we need to hear from MGIA again.

Cam
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:44 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

mathcam wrote:
Beep wrote:Harumph, why I am still alive?
Because there's not a general consensus that you're scum?
There should be a concensus to prove PJ wrong.
mathcam wrote:I have to admit that the two possible outcomes being that we either get rid of scum or get to see PJ being dead wrong has some appeal. :)
You're going to see PJ dead wrong. Since I'm bored voteless vanilla, proving PJ dead wrong is my own personal win condition.
mathcam wrote:Well, this was a pretty worthless post
And here's another!
Beep! Beep!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:21 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Beep! Beep! wrote:You're going to see PJ dead wrong. Since I'm bored voteless vanilla, proving PJ dead wrong is my own personal win condition.
Beep! Beep!, if you are town, I am going to ask that you ask to be replaced. If you are scum, feel free to flail around some more.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:27 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

petroleumjelly wrote:Beep! Beep!, if you are town, I am going to ask that you ask to be replaced. If you are scum, feel free to flail around some more.
No, I will disobey your orders, and I am going to flail around some more. I do want to see you being proven wrong quite badly.
Beep! Beep!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:30 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

I had actually just left to go to lunch, and was going to come back to unvote because of this:
mathcam wrote:Well, this was a pretty worthless post -- I really think we need to hear from MGIA again.
... which I was thinking may have been a signal to MGIA to say "I am on-line, if you are on-line please vote Beep! Beep! so we can quicklynch her".

But after that last post by Beep! Beep!, she can just go ahead and die. When you put other factors over your win condition, you should not be playing in the game.
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:53 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

petroleumjelly wrote:But after that last post by Beep! Beep!, she can just go ahead and die. When you put other factors over your win condition, you should not be playing in the game.
That's because you do not understand that while you play mafia like it's a chess game, I play mafia like it's theater. I think you actually do know this. But as scum, you have to pretend that you don't. And that way, you are playing like it's theater, also.

Maybe I *am* playing for my win condition, even if I may profess not to. You decide.

And since you are scum, and I am town, you will be proven wrong if I am lynched, and I will enjoy it very much. More than you will enjoy lynching a townie.
Beep! Beep!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:58 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Townies do not play towards their win conditions by having themselves lynched except for in very rare circumstances. This is not one of them.

Theater is no excuse for playing badly. Your "performance" is a farce. I have "played" personas more than once (as Javert, and as the Satanic Nun in Verbose 2) but that does not stop me from playing towards my win condition.

If you are trying to imply you are a second Jester, I do not believe that.
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:09 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

If I were a second Jester, would I drop hints? That statement of yours is nonsensical. You are grasping at straws to discredit me.

I am mystified by your urge to prove my scum hunting methods wrong, since no one but me believes in them, and your repeated attempts to discredit me, given the indisputable fact that I have no credit whatsoever.
Beep! Beep!
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:01 pm

Post by Mr_Gnome_It_All »

mathcam wrote:I really think we need to hear from MGIA again.
In what way would you like to hear from me?

I still have no intention of voting anyone yet.

And if I ever do plan on dropping the hammer on someone, I will give a warning well ahead of time.
Who the hell is "General Failure", and why is he reading my hard drive?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:19 pm

Post by mathcam »

It seems to me that there's ample room between not posting at all and dropping the hammer on someone.

Cam
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:21 am

Post by Thesp »

Power's back on! Expect votecount and any necessary prods tonight.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:30 am

Post by Holy »

Beep! Beep! wrote:
petroleumjelly wrote:
10.)
Include the CKD-wagon.
11.)
Include the CKD off-wagon.
Well. That's a tougher one because it's recent and fewer of the players have had their alignments revealed.

curiouskarmadog - 5 (hasdgfas (1) (assumed town), Battle Mage (2)(town), Mathcam (5), petroleumjelly (7), Holy (9)).

AGAIN
, I believe that at least one scum jumped on that bandwagon. Maybe even two, since the scum is doing so well, they can afford to bus big time to earn some late game town cred. And guess what, it's my top three acting up again,
mathcam, PJ and Holy
<snip>
It's between mathcam PJ and Holy. Which one (or two?) bus'ed CKD?
You've played your theater quite well I think, because today when reading the arguments between you and PJ, back and forth I'm thinking if you're perhaps simply just a townie which too confident with your own method.
But, if you're really have a confident with your formula in catching scum, you won't play with your calculation result, but you did play with it. For an example, earlier today your result was:
Beep! Beep! wrote:No known scum hiding off wagon? Fifty scumpoints each.

TOP THREE:

petroleumjelly 178
Amelia 103
MeMeMe/mathcam 40
but you changed it like in the uppermost quote (underlined)^
So, what the use for you to insist using the method if it's not for covering your excuses as scum? I've tried to see it from another perspective, but it just failed every time I tried to rely with the method, it lack of behaviour analysis which at anytime may bring different results too.

Beep! Beep! wrote:There is no compelling reason NOT to lynch me, and there are none marching over the horizon. I am vanilla, so I'm screwed. I have no night action to prove myself or to be proven by others. I don't even have a vote. I am a completely useless player, everything I say is wrong anyway, the way I find scum is utter and complete rubbish and there is not value to it. I am the PERFECT lynch for today. No better alternative will show up.
These kind of things always successfully give me a headache, I really need to re-read you, which I only have the time to do it on weekends.
And you kept saying PJ is scum, but besides your score, you didn't help us to discover the things we may missed about him as likely the scum?
Although so far in my eyes, when reading his arguments, he seems pro-town for me.

Beep! Beep! wrote:BTW Holy, how is YOUR method for finding scum? Is is better than mine? Do you think that anyone that doesn't find scum in a manner that is approved by PJ is scum? It's my method, I like it, and I believe it to be effective.

Lynch me for it, scumbag. I dare you.
My method is based from knowing the players behaviour from watching them enough, my experiences and being aware of crap-cases which likely came from scum. I'm still learning, so I don't think it's better than yours :p
Well, we have our own methods, why should we seek PJ's approval???
If you believe for it effectiveness, you're supposed to be consistent with your method results, wouldn't you?
Why don't you 'scum-hunt' rather than provoking your lynch if you're really a townie then...
In addition, I've noticed Iammars' contribution (although still not many) today which nothing alarming, but I don't really satisfied with Mizzy's little contribution today though, I definitely will re-read AmeliaSlay/Mizzy this weekends besides re-reading you.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:22 am

Post by Thesp »

Official D5 Vote Count

Note:
Cult of the Couch Members:
2 (Mr_Gnome_It_All, Beep! Beep!)

Beep! Beep! - 2
(petroleumjelly, hasdgfas)

Not Voting - 6
(
Cult of the Couch (2 votes)
, Holy, Iammars, Mathcam, Mizzy)

Prodding all players who haven't posted in the last 72 hours, replacing non-responders.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:50 am

Post by Mizzy »

I'm here, I just have no idea what to make of anything. I don't like Beep's play (which I've mentioned before) but...I'm hesitant to vote. I feel like most of what's going on in the game is going over my head.

Lynching Beep, though, would make MGIA have only his own vote again, which I approve of. I just worry that she's not scum, which might mean that if she is lynched, we may lose.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:29 am

Post by hasdgfas »

reread her
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:14 am

Post by Mizzy »

I think you're talking to me, Has? I've tried...but the game is so incredibly long that I have trouble sticking with it right now. I have basically zero attention span now (man, I can't wait for that to be over with) and I just literally cannot keep my mind in the game. I have read it all once, but every time I try and go back, I get so frustrated that it doesn't really work.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:26 am

Post by hasdgfas »

any
ideas?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:09 am

Post by mathcam »

The fact that 6 out of the 8 remaining players (the exceptions being our two lurkers Iammars and MGIA) have expressed an interest in lynching Beep is somewhat worrying in and of itself.

Actually, a quick check reveals Iammars is the only player to have never make an attack on Beep, though MGIA's was early on and pretty insubstantial. Hm.

Cam
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:52 am

Post by Mizzy »

Like I said previously...Beep's play seriously makes me mad. If she's town, she's seriously playing her role terribly. However, if she hates it so much, why doesn't she abandon or get herself replaced? The fact that she is still trolling makes me think she's scum as opposed to frustrated town. Then there's the dual benefit of her lynch; removing a vote from MGIA and putting him back to his old self again...I mentioned before that I found his random, unannounced recruitment to be pretty shitty.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”