Marmalade
Goon
Marmalade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:56 am

Post by Marmalade »

Stoof's away 'till Monday, I think.

Not sure what to make of Skruffs' entrance. Something feels off.
Sign up for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8094]Unanimous[/url] today!
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:38 am

Post by Quagmire »

I still think Adel's plan is fine; I'll be next in line to be the enforcer.

In other news why hasn't day ended?
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:39 am

Post by Quagmire »

Marmalade wrote:Stoof's away 'till Monday, I think.

Aha, okay.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:51 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Adel's plan needs more bussing between me and Quag.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:34 am

Post by Skruffs »

Marmalade wrote:Stoof's away 'till Monday, I think.

Propaganda designed to instigate paranoia. What about my entrane feels off? Do you feel I staged a delayed entrance?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:47 am

Post by Skruffs »

Yosarian2 wrote:Hwh...well, Skruffs, when you come into a thread and say "here's a theory that demonstrates that my lurking proves I'm pro-town", you can't expect people to just accept it. I mean, if nothing else, you could theoretically have lurked just in order to make that defense when you did show up.

Besides which, considering how little time the scum have to send in night-kills in this game, I'm not sure why you're assuming that all three members of the mafia carefully discussed what they should do before sending in the kill.
You are also giving credence to the theory, just not the person who presented it. If I turn up town, does that mean my theory has weight?

Also: I didn't see anywhere that there are exactly three members of hte mafia. With 22 players, doesn't 3 seem a bit low?

Big Fos: Yos
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:47 am

Post by Skruffs »

Sarcastro wrote:
Skruffs wrote:Sarcastro is probably scum
Really? Figured that out from my one post, did you?

I'm a bit confused - I thought LML had killed Ooba. Did I miss something?
Sure did. I'm on the ball.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Skruffs »

Also noted: Sarc wants day to end, wants to cut off conversation.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:03 am

Post by kuribo »

Noted: Scruffs insinuates Sarc's intent when it came off to *me* anyway as an expression of confusion, not a desire to end discussion.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:21 am

Post by Skruffs »

He made a point of saying there was no way I could think he was scummy from his ONE post, and then asks whether Ooba was killed or not; if ooba had been killed, the day would be in night.

It's about motivations.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:22 am

Post by Skruffs »

IE if he didn't want day to end, wouldn't he be trying to encourage further stimulation if he thought we were in twilight, instead of just asking why we were still in twilight, what was the entire point of asking if ooba was going to be killed or not.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:31 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Skruffs wrote: You are also giving credence to the theory, just not the person who presented it. If I turn up town, does that mean my theory has weight?
Huh? How am I giving "credence" to your theory?

We can probably assume that at least one of the scum must have been paying enough attention to send a kill in. But like I just said, I don't think we can assume that they were all extensivly talking about it. Besides which, just because a scum is paying attention to a thread, dosn't mean he's postng in it; especally in a game like this, scum could easily lurk stratigically for the first game-day or two in order to try to not be randomally killed. So, no, I don't give much credence to your theory.
Also: I didn't see anywhere that there are exactly three members of hte mafia. With 22 players, doesn't 3 seem a bit low?

Big Fos: Yos
Huh. Not sure why I said 3, I guess I've been playing too many mini games.

Hmm. (goes to check) Looks like Bad Idea Mafia II had 4 scum out of 25 people. So I actually would expect about 3-4 mafia in this game as well.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by Adel »

from what I can tell yos2 is alive in two large games (including this one) as well as two mini's.

Even in minis I consider the accidental naming of how many players are in the mafia to a decent enough scumtell for a lynch in the early phase of the game. I agree that 3 or 4 mafia players is probably right.

I'm going to go ahead and predict that both yos2 and skuffs are scum, along with a third who struck a light already.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:40 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Yos: Credence through omission, what you decided to target instead of what the point of your attacking was. People weren't told that the game had actually started; it is therefore likely that mafia could have instigated talking with each other at night to decide a kill. The correct rebuttal would have bene that smart scum, seeing that nobody was notified, would *not* have notified their buddies and would instead have simply sent in a kill, quickly, of DGB. DGB is a good generic kill that doesn't lead back to anyone because so many people hate her; I am pretty sure that some of the people who would immediately want DGB out of hte game are actually in this game. You didn't adress any of those points though, and fell back to a point which had already been instigated, by marmalade. So, nyeh.

Adel: I haven't struck a light yet?
Fos

I would think that if the mod plays it safe and does one mislynch for every correct lynch, there would be something like 4-1 town-mafia. The closest we can get in to that with 22, with a day start, would be 4; 16 townies to 4 mafia with an additional 2 townies to avoid an early endgame. But three is not unreasonable. Thing is, Yosarian threw out three without even considering it; that suggests he knew. Even saying there is likely three in a 12 player game is a scum tell, so wether there actually is three or if he is just laying false trails, I think Yos is scum. If you guys want me to dynamite him tomorrow (I will not accept ADel's opinion as part of that majority) that's fine, if anything it will give credence to my own theory, which I myself dismantled earlier in this post (because scum couldn't).

This is a fun game. ^.^
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by Adel »

sticking with a scum group of (yos2 + skruffs)+(a player who has struck a light already)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Adel wrote: Even in minis I consider the accidental naming of how many players are in the mafia to a decent enough scumtell for a lynch in the early phase of the game.
Seriously? You really think that me using a phrase like "3 scum" is a tell, when like 95% of the games I've played have had 3 member scum groups? Pfft.

And yes, I'm in two other large games. What you fail to mention is that one of them is cultmafia, which has no mafia groups at all, and the other has been going since approximatly the dawn of time. Sheesh.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Whoops, I need to post here. Will catch up tomorrow.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Skruffs, stop acting foolish. Asking whether or not LML killed Ooba had nothing to do with whether or not I want day to end. Your logic is nonsense. Why would I feel the need to "encourage further stimulation"? What does that even mean?
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:59 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Skruffs wrote:Elvis_knits: I like your resentment of my theory. Tells me you're nervous I might be right; you didn't contradict the theory, only attacked my motivation for bringing it up.
If I thought your theory was right I wouldn't have attacked you. Maybe mafia sent in a kill without talking to all members? Just because a mafia member hasn't posted in the thread, or posted on MS, or been V/LA does not excuse them from being mafia. Maybe before they went away for a day they told their team to go ahead without them for a kill? I think your theory would only hold up if there was a lone mafia member or SK.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:54 am

Post by Quagmire »

Sarcastro wrote:Skruffs, stop acting foolish. Asking whether or not LML killed Ooba had nothing to do with whether or not I want day to end. Your logic is nonsense. Why would I feel the need to "encourage further stimulation"? What does that even mean?
It does make sense, you just don't really understand what he's saying. This post only tries to weasel out of the sentiment by focusing on semantics of what he says, one of the prime reasons that I think that Sarcastro is scum right now.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by Erg0 »

LoudMouthLee (post 48) wrote:The problem is that you guys are blinded with the power of being ABLE to kill someone that you aren't thinking logically.

I'm really feeling Ooba to be scum.
This seems contradictory to me. Lee spends this post debunking ooba's logic, but doesn't actually show him to be scummy, just wrong. The second last paragraph is framed as if speaking to a townie, but then he calls ooba scum. Mixed messages, I say.

Oops, he's dead (I think). Never mind.
Adel wrote:DGB's death makes me much more suspicious of newer players than normal.
Why? I had a thought on this too, but it's the opposite of yours.

Surye is definitely bringing the token townishness up to this point, though offering to blow himself up detracts from this slightly.

I'm not so good at abstract thought, but Adel's plan seems ok to me, provided we're able to enforce the chosen kills and/or prevent superfluous light-strikings. If a scum refuses to kill their designated target that doesn't make their target scum. If a scum fastkills someone other than their designated target that also doesn't make their designated target scum. The success of this plan is somewhat reliant on the ratio of town to scum, and how much of a difference it makes if scum manage to take out an extra townie on their way out.

I don't particularly agree with much of anything that Skruffs said when he came in.

Skruffs: do you still think that Quag is either town or tricksy?
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:14 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

BOOM!

LoudmouthLee (Townie) has blown up himself and ooba (Townie).

Night 2: Please can the Mafia send me their kill within 25 hours.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:54 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Nightson (Townie) was killed by the Mafia.

Day 3 begins now!
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:01 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

Hmm.. Strange nightkill choice again.

I suppose the only thing particular about Nightson's posts is that he suspected Surye, but that's probably a distraction from the fact that the first nightkill is incriminating Yos2.
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:31 pm

Post by Claus »

Vote: Yosarian2

- "3 scum" slip
- The heavy attack on lurkers in the beginning of the game

I also find a few players scummy for not putting who they find scummy in the thread while posting and being somewhat active. From the top of my head I can say:

Marmelade, Sarc, Skitzer, Elmo.

I'd like to see these people telling us who they think is scummy.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”