Newbie 594: (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:50 pm

Post by silence »

Nocmen wrote:And I ask this to everyone right now... why should I think you are town?
No sensible answer to this question. You can have any idea about my alignment only if you are scum.

About the who are the IC's question - of course the setup is random and it doesn't give any information about alignments. But in abundance of better information But if we have to lynch at random, it might be beneficial to at least to be able to decide whether we want experienced or inexperienced people alive (although I'm not even sure which is better to town, other things equal).
Rickeon
Rickeon
Townie
Rickeon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by Rickeon »

Nocmen wrote: And I ask this to everyone right now... why should I think you are town?
Why don't you answer it yourself first?
Why should we think You're town?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:22 pm

Post by Nocmen »

silence wrote:
Nocmen wrote:And I ask this to everyone right now... why should I think you are town?
No sensible answer to this question. You can have any idea about my alignment only if you are scum.

About the who are the IC's question - of course the setup is random and it doesn't give any information about alignments. But in abundance of better information But if we have to lynch at random, it might be beneficial to at least to be able to decide whether we want experienced or inexperienced people alive (although I'm not even sure which is better to town, other things equal).
There is no such thing as a random lynch. Under deadline pressures Day 1 (and only day 1 because there is information garnered during night in subsequent days), there has to be something to go off of for us to want to lynch somebody.

Rickeon wrote:
Nocmen wrote: And I ask this to everyone right now... why should I think you are town?
Why don't you answer it yourself first?
Why should we think You're town?
With my hints toward asking questions, I was waiting for someone to actually go and ask me my own question. My response is this: I can't just sum up in a few words whether you think I am town or scum. Your job is to decide if you see my actions as town or scum, and vote me or someone else from that information. It is not just my answer to this question that will allow you to make this decision, but my actions as a whole.
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:14 pm

Post by silence »

Nocmen wrote: There is no such thing as a random lynch. Under deadline pressures Day 1 (and only day 1 because there is information garnered during night in subsequent days), there has to be something to go off of for us to want to lynch somebody.
What? Do you suggest a no lynch if there is nothing?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:23 pm

Post by Nocmen »

silence wrote:
Nocmen wrote: There is no such thing as a random lynch. Under deadline pressures Day 1 (and only day 1 because there is information garnered during night in subsequent days), there has to be something to go off of for us to want to lynch somebody.
What? Do you suggest a no lynch if there is nothing?
No, I am not saying go with a no lynch. In any setup open like this, there are almost no times when I would push for a no lynch on day 1. I'm saying that there will be something for you to go off of, by saying someone will be lynched randomly is such a lie. There will have to be posts that sway you towards one way or another towards who you think is scum. I'm saying that we may be lynching someone who isn't as certain scum as we would like, but it is not random.
Rickeon
Rickeon
Townie
Rickeon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:00 pm

Post by Rickeon »

Nocmen wrote: With my hints toward asking questions, I was waiting for someone to actually go and ask me my own question. My response is this: I can't just sum up in a few words whether you think I am town or scum. Your job is to decide if you see my actions as town or scum, and vote me or someone else from that information. It is not just my answer to this question that will allow you to make this decision, but my actions as a whole.
Then isn't the answer going to be the same no matter who you ask, and thus be a pointless question?
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:15 pm

Post by zu_Faul »

It's about the different reactions you with which you can tell scum and townies apart.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:00 am

Post by Nocmen »

Rickeon wrote:
Nocmen wrote: With my hints toward asking questions, I was waiting for someone to actually go and ask me my own question. My response is this: I can't just sum up in a few words whether you think I am town or scum. Your job is to decide if you see my actions as town or scum, and vote me or someone else from that information. It is not just my answer to this question that will allow you to make this decision, but my actions as a whole.
Then isn't the answer going to be the same no matter who you ask, and thus be a pointless question?
No, if people go and just copy-paste the same answers as someone else, that shows that they are incredibly lazy, or something may be up. I'm not going to push for someone's lynch based on just my question alone, but as I said before:
Nocmen wrote: As for my question, I played it out there because I want to see the way everyone's tone and answers are, and how they vary in interpretation and choice.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:16 am

Post by bird1111 »

Vote Count:
Atticus (1): Battousai
silence (1): Atticus

Not voting (7): silence, Zu_faul, Nocmen, Rickeon, BlackWolf, gorillaman, split9102

With 9 alive it is 5 to lynch.

And split9102 has PM'ed me to let me know that he wants to be in. Sorry to shyam0323, but since split has already had to wait in line and since I did not delete his Role PM, I'm giving him the role. I will request that you be put back on the Newbie Quene list based from when you first signed up.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:25 am

Post by Battousai »

I guess we are skipping the random vote stage in this game so,
UNVOTE: Atticus

Also, if it at least one of you would please, add an avatar. It makes it easier (especially later in the game) for me to tell your posts apart when a minimum of 1 person has no avatar.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:16 am

Post by Atticus »

OK, well, I guess I should have checked that before being stupid.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:29 am

Post by zu_Faul »

Atticus wrote:OK, well, I guess I should have checked that before being stupid.
You got nothing else to contribute?
split9102
split9102
Townie
split9102
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by split9102 »

Hmm... No list of suspicions yet.
Ferrets rule! Go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:19 pm

Post by Battousai »

FOS: Atticus

I don't know your playstyle, but to me you are lurking, and I find that pretty suspicious.
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:29 am

Post by zu_Faul »

Vote: Battousai

I think it is very early to accuse someone of lurking. We're on page two and there has really been nothing worth commenting on. Until now.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:36 am

Post by Battousai »

Ok, well do you think I am scum and are certain of it to place a vote and lynch me right now? Or are you just trying to get me to talk more, slip up, and/or see how I respond? I hope its the latter, because a lynch on page 2/3 before there is much discussion is, well, stupid if your town.

I only FoS him for lurking because his posts so far have not contributed much and have been a I'm here, don't prod me. Plus his first post of substance was saying the Mod put in 1 IC as scum. He's an IC, been on the site for over 2 years. He should know whether or not the mod makes at 1 IC scum. The mod never does that to avoid the town voting the ICs off very early just because of their status.
gorillaman
gorillaman
Goon
gorillaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:50 am

Post by gorillaman »

That was a bit more defensive than necessary. Second paragraph's pretty convincing; I can think of an explanation but obviously that's Atticus' job to give.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:31 pm

Post by Nocmen »

You know, three days is no where near enough time to get a proper lurking strategy going. Many times people will have a hard week, or they will be away for two days, as I just was, and thus can not post for that time. A week or so is pushing it, but not a few days.

Though split, you say you have no suspicions yet. Do you have anything that has been said or implied in posts that gives you any opinion of a player? Doesn't have to be scummy or townie, but like "hmm, _____ is annoying", "Nocmen asks too many questions", etc.
split9102
split9102
Townie
split9102
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:28 am

Post by split9102 »

Battousai wrote:Ok, well do you think I am scum and are certain of it to place a vote and lynch me right now? Or are you just trying to get me to talk more, slip up, and/or see how I respond? I hope its the latter, because a lynch on page 2/3 before there is much discussion is, well, stupid if your town.
I admit, that would be a pretty quick lynch.
Nocmen wrote:Though split, you say you have no suspicions yet. Do you have anything that has been said or implied in posts that gives you any opinion of a player? Doesn't have to be scummy or townie, but like "hmm, _____ is annoying", "Nocmen asks too many questions", etc.
Nothing strongly convinces me yet...
Ferrets rule! Go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by Nocmen »

split9102 wrote:
Battousai wrote:Ok, well do you think I am scum and are certain of it to place a vote and lynch me right now? Or are you just trying to get me to talk more, slip up, and/or see how I respond? I hope its the latter, because a lynch on page 2/3 before there is much discussion is, well, stupid if your town.
I admit, that would be a pretty quick lynch.
Nocmen wrote:Though split, you say you have no suspicions yet. Do you have anything that has been said or implied in posts that gives you any opinion of a player? Doesn't have to be scummy or townie, but like "hmm, _____ is annoying", "Nocmen asks too many questions", etc.
Nothing strongly convinces me yet...
It doesn't need to be something strong. Have you gotten ZERO opinions of the other players in the game so far?

Here's what I have gotten, which is being on the short list of things as well:

"Bat has a few posts about knowing who the ICs are"
"Atticus gives a damn about spellcheck"
"Rickenon is good at getting with the drift of my questions"
"Silence will allow a completely random list"
"zf knows the purpose of what I was doing"
"Bat and I have different definitions of lurking"
"zf's vote...I can see it being both ways"
"split seems very adamant towards posting opinons of others"
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:32 pm

Post by Atticus »

Nocmen wrote:With my hints toward asking questions, I was waiting for someone to actually go and ask me my own question. My response is this: I can't just sum up in a few words whether you think I am town or scum. Your job is to decide if you see my actions as town or scum, and vote me or someone else from that information. It is not just my answer to this question that will allow you to make this decision, but my actions as a whole.
Nocmen, I don't believe that that answers the question. You didn't say anything incriminating about yourself. You just told us how to play the game. Truly, you've only given us a really bad strategy of how to find scum. And who wants to give the townspeople a bad strategy? Scum.

No, it's not really a bad strategy. You've only given us the core of the game.

So. When will you answer this question that has been posed by yourself and by Rickeon? Or will you answer it at all? I, personally, could care less about your actions concerning this matter. It doesn't say anything about you.
That gorilla person with the silly avatar wrote:That was a bit more defensive than necessary. Second paragraph's pretty convincing; I can think of an explanation but obviously that's Atticus' job to give.
Please, I'm Atticus. So when something belongs to me, it'd be Atticus's. I am not a number of Atticu. But more importantly, what do you want me to explain? Battousai explains everything in that post. I haven't contributed much. I don't usually, but no, I haven't. As for the whole IC-noob-scum-thing: yes, I should know, and I do know that most mods fully randomise roles. But I don't know anything about bird1111. I expressed instead what I thought Battousai's opinions (not mine) might be, because Nocmen looked like he might start bitching about it.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by Atticus »

At Battousai: Shikamaru is overrated.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Atticus wrote:
Nocmen wrote:With my hints toward asking questions, I was waiting for someone to actually go and ask me my own question. My response is this: I can't just sum up in a few words whether you think I am town or scum. Your job is to decide if you see my actions as town or scum, and vote me or someone else from that information. It is not just my answer to this question that will allow you to make this decision, but my actions as a whole.
Nocmen, I don't believe that that answers the question. You didn't say anything incriminating about yourself. You just told us how to play the game. Truly, you've only given us a really bad strategy of how to find scum. And who wants to give the townspeople a bad strategy? Scum.

No, it's not really a bad strategy. You've only given us the core of the game.

So. When will you answer this question that has been posed by yourself and by Rickeon? Or will you answer it at all? I, personally, could care less about your actions concerning this matter. It doesn't say anything about you.
I did not ask the question as a means of using that as the tell-all way to fidn the scum. I asked the question as just a way to judge how people's tones and posting style are when asked a question that is somewhat difficult to answer.

As for incriminating myself...what kind of scum would go out there and say that they are scum and give evidence towards that.

I purposely allowed the question to be asked to me so that everyone else could compare my answer with the others. I also notice that you haven't answered the question, while you are pushing heavily saying my answer isn't good enough in your post.

I also love later on that you suggest I may start bitching about stuff, when you really have no idea who I am or if I just want to help people out here. Confusion over stuff like pure randomization of rules and trying to express my opinions of how it almost always should be clear is something that should be done in a newbie game. All I have seen from your posts that is helpful is complain about spell check and the proper place to put the apostraphe when referring to you in the possesive form.
gorillaman
gorillaman
Goon
gorillaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by gorillaman »

Atticus wrote:Please, I'm Atticus. So when something belongs to me, it'd be Atticus's. I am not a number of Atticu. But more importantly, what do you want me to explain? Battousai explains everything in that post. I haven't contributed much. I don't usually, but no, I haven't. As for the whole IC-noob-scum-thing: yes, I should know, and I do know that most mods fully randomise roles. But I don't know anything about bird1111. I expressed instead what I thought Battousai's opinions (not mine) might be, because Nocmen looked like he might start bitching about it.
Atticus' = Atticus's

Battousai was FoSing you in part for the randomising thing, I only wanted to say that it did indeed seem unusual, that I could think of a reason why you might not have understood that, but it wasn't my place to explain your posts for you. Are you saying you were conscious all along that it's standard practice to randomise roles?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:36 pm

Post by Nocmen »

gorillaman wrote:
Atticus wrote:Please, I'm Atticus. So when something belongs to me, it'd be Atticus's. I am not a number of Atticu. But more importantly, what do you want me to explain? Battousai explains everything in that post. I haven't contributed much. I don't usually, but no, I haven't. As for the whole IC-noob-scum-thing: yes, I should know, and I do know that most mods fully randomise roles. But I don't know anything about bird1111. I expressed instead what I thought Battousai's opinions (not mine) might be, because Nocmen looked like he might start bitching about it.
Atticus' = Atticus's

Battousai was FoSing you in part for the randomising thing, I only wanted to say that it did indeed seem unusual, that I could think of a reason why you might not have understood that, but it wasn't my place to explain your posts for you. Are you saying you were conscious all along that it's standard practice to randomise roles?
It is standard practice to randomize roles. I'm not sure what you are getting at, but all I see is that you made a blur between explaining for someone and telling your opnion of a post.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”