Newbie 594: (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
gorillaman
gorillaman
Goon
gorillaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by gorillaman »

Nocmen wrote:It is standard practice to randomize roles.
I don't know why you're telling me that,
I'm not sure what you are getting at, but all I see is that you made a blur between explaining for someone and telling your opnion of a post.
and I don't what you're saying here.
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:56 am

Post by zu_Faul »

Why isn't Battousai lynched yet?

J/K, Battousai, you are in no danger of being lynched, you're still at only one vote. Your overdefensiveness is a scumtell though.

@Split9102: Even if you have something which doesn't convince you right away, tell us. It's only page three, it's hard to be sure of scum at this time.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:49 am

Post by Atticus »

Nocmen wrote: I did not ask the question as a means of using that as the tell-all way to find the scum. I asked the question as just a way to judge how people's tones and posting style are when asked a question that is somewhat difficult to answer.

As for incriminating myself...what kind of scum would go out there and say that they are scum and give evidence towards that.

I purposely allowed the question to be asked to me so that everyone else could compare my answer with the others. I also notice that you haven't answered the question, while you are pushing heavily saying my answer isn't good enough in your post.

I also love later on that you suggest I may start bitching about stuff, when you really have no idea who I am or if I just want to help people out here. Confusion over stuff like pure randomization of rules and trying to express my opinions of how it almost always should be clear is something that should be done in a newbie game. All I have seen from your posts that is helpful is complain about spell check and the proper place to put the apostrophe when referring to you in the possessive form.
I didn't expect you to use a simple question for tripping up newbies as a way to find scum, Nocmen. I expected you to use whatever information you could get to find scum.

And I didn't expect you to say that you were scum. Maybe I misused the word incriminating. What I mean is that you didn't say anything about yourself when you answered Rickeon's question. It's like you copied something out of the wiki.

And unfortunately, you
failed
to answer the question, because you have not told anyone why we should think you are town. It's not that your answer isn't good enough. It's that you didn't answer.

Anyone can start bitching about anything, Nocmen. Your tone towards Battousai when you question him wanting to know the ICs seemed like a lead in to a possible bitchin'. Whether I know things about you or not doesn't mean I can't make assumptions about you.

Yeah, speaking of Spellcheck. I did indeed fix your spelling errors.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:00 am

Post by Battousai »

Atticus wrote:At Battousai: Shikamaru is overrated.
Lies!!!! I have a question about your playstyle, would you compare it to Rosso Carne, if you've seen him play?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:04 am

Post by Battousai »

Dang it, I hate when I miss a page.....

Zu: I know I'm not in any danger of being lynched, I am overdefensive at times, but I seriously didn't see a vote was warranted for my previous FOS of Atticus. A FOS, sure.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:23 am

Post by Nocmen »

Atticus wrote:
Nocmen wrote: I did not ask the question as a means of using that as the tell-all way to find the scum. I asked the question as just a way to judge how people's tones and posting style are when asked a question that is somewhat difficult to answer.

As for incriminating myself...what kind of scum would go out there and say that they are scum and give evidence towards that.

I purposely allowed the question to be asked to me so that everyone else could compare my answer with the others. I also notice that you haven't answered the question, while you are pushing heavily saying my answer isn't good enough in your post.

I also love later on that you suggest I may start bitching about stuff, when you really have no idea who I am or if I just want to help people out here. Confusion over stuff like pure randomization of rules and trying to express my opinions of how it almost always should be clear is something that should be done in a newbie game. All I have seen from your posts that is helpful is complain about spell check and the proper place to put the apostrophe when referring to you in the possessive form.
I didn't expect you to use a simple question for tripping up newbies as a way to find scum, Nocmen. I expected you to use whatever information you could get to find scum.

And I didn't expect you to say that you were scum. Maybe I misused the word incriminating. What I mean is that you didn't say anything about yourself when you answered Rickeon's question. It's like you copied something out of the wiki.

And unfortunately, you
failed
to answer the question, because you have not told anyone why we should think you are town. It's not that your answer isn't good enough. It's that you didn't answer.

Anyone can start bitching about anything, Nocmen. Your tone towards Battousai when you question him wanting to know the ICs seemed like a lead in to a possible bitchin'. Whether I know things about you or not doesn't mean I can't make assumptions about you.

Yeah, speaking of Spellcheck. I did indeed fix your spelling errors.
Maybe I have "failed" to answer my question thouroughly, but the truth is that there really is no perfect way at answering that question. I do not control your mind, I do not decide who you think is scum or not (crazed, non newbie roles aside). You may say that my answer is inadequate, but it is still much more of an attempt at answering than you have given.

A look at the "answers" other people have given:
Battousai wrote: Also to your question- You shouldn't think anyone is town unless they died, your cop and did not get a result, or your scum. To help you think I'm town, I'm answering all your questions.
I don't see anything personal about him or his attitude towards the game there. The closest thing is that he wants to answer all of my questions.
silence wrote: No sensible answer to this question. You can have any idea about my alignment only if you are scum.
This is pretty much with the same arm of a response than what I have given.

Rickenon's reply was just asking me more questions about it, but he hasn't given a response either than saying "Won't all the answers be the same?". The answers probably will all be in the same generalized reply. However, as I said, you can get so much information about people if you get several to all respond to a same challenge with their different opinions.

But see, while you are going after me saying that my answer isn't good enough, I don't feel that anyone else has answered something in the way you wanted me to answer my question as well. In fact, several people have not even attempted at answering the question, including
you

The purpose of the question is not to get people to slip up, its to get an idea of the players tones and attitudes, as well as starting discussion, ignoring a drawn out random stage.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:27 am

Post by Nocmen »

Battousai wrote:Dang it, I hate when I miss a page.....

Zu: I know I'm not in any danger of being lynched, I am overdefensive at times, but I seriously didn't see a vote was warranted for my previous FOS of Atticus. A FOS, sure.
You know, thats pretty overdefensive as well as bit. One vote is nothing to be afraid of early on. Why? Because lets say you were to be lynched right away, your death wouldn't be in vain, because the only people that would really jump onto the lynch right away would be scum. That's even harder now than other newbie games because there are 9 players not 7 players. Same amount of scum, but need one more player to lynch.

Calling this first vote unwarranted, when zf had reason to suspect you already, does seem like an overreaction.
split9102
split9102
Townie
split9102
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:58 am

Post by split9102 »

I admit, Battousai is being a little over-defensive

Suspicion list:

1.Battousai
2.None Yet

Vote: Battousai
for now.
Ferrets rule! Go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:58 am

Post by Atticus »

Battousai wrote:
Atticus wrote:At Battousai: Shikamaru is overrated.
Lies!!!! I have a question about your playstyle, would you compare it to Rosso Carne, if you've seen him play?
I don't know Rosso well, but I wouldn't compare myself to him.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:01 am

Post by Atticus »

You know what, Nocmen, I'm just gonna drop it, since you don't seem to understand what I'm saying at all.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by bird1111 »

Reserved for a Vote Count.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:25 am

Post by bird1111 »

Vote Count:
Battousai (2): Zu_faul, split9102
silence (1): Atticus

Not voting (6): silence, Nocmen, Rickeon, BlackWolf, gorillaman, Battousai

With 9 alive it is 5 to lynch.
BlackWolf
BlackWolf
Goon
BlackWolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:34 am

Post by BlackWolf »

Vote : Zu_faul

He's made a total of four posts, two of which are attacking Bat, and two which do nothing but repeat what Nocmen says.
That, and my gut feeling, warrents a vote from me. ^^
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:03 am

Post by Battousai »

BlackWolf wrote:

He's made a total of four posts, two of which are attacking Bat, and two which do nothing but repeat what Nocmen says.
Pot calling the kettle black, eh? (I picked up a British accent when I said that in my head, I need to stop watching shaun of the dead lol)

This is your first post, other than your two confirm posts. At least he has made some effort in scum hunting.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:38 am

Post by Nocmen »

BlackWolf wrote:

As pointed out, you have not made many other posts either. If you really want to call someone out for not posting, at least post some information quite a lot.

If anything, this post screams out that you just want to go and attack the weakest link.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:52 am

Post by Atticus »

Well, then he would be voting himself.
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:54 am

Post by silence »

Nocmen wrote:If anything, this post screams out that you just want to go and attack the weakest link.
Why should one not want to attack the weakest link?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:55 am

Post by Nocmen »

silence wrote:
Nocmen wrote:If anything, this post screams out that you just want to go and attack the weakest link.
Why should one not want to attack the weakest link?
There is a difference between a weak player and a scummy player. To me, the weakest link is the person who looks the most open to attack, for bs reasons.
split9102
split9102
Townie
split9102
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:00 am

Post by split9102 »

BlackWolf wrote:

If you are voting for him from a lack of posts, what makes you special? You barely posted at all. Using your tecnique, you should be voting for yourself. The only thing keeping you from voting for yourself is wanting not to get lynched.
split9102
split9102
Townie
split9102
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:02 am

Post by split9102 »

BlackWolf wrote:

If you are voting for him from a lack of posts, what makes you special? You barely posted at all. Using your tecnique, you should be voting for yourself. The only thing keeping you from voting for yourself is wanting not to get lynched.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by Atticus »

Thanks fo' the reiteration, split.
BlackWolf
BlackWolf
Goon
BlackWolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by BlackWolf »

Thanks for the defense of Zu_Faul, Bat, Nocmen, and Split.

Oh, and being the third person Split, isn't doubleposting a bit redundant, especially when you have nothing new to add? =P

Unvote
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by Nocmen »

BlackWolf wrote:Thanks for the defense of Zu_Faul, Bat, Nocmen, and Split.

Oh, and being the third person Split, isn't doubleposting a bit redundant, especially when you have nothing new to add? =P

Unvote
I wasn't defending zu_faul at all, I was just saying that your logic of the vote was pretty much unwarranted.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:58 am

Post by Nocmen »

Brief Player by Player in order to maybe get more discussion going because its sort of died out a bit.

Rickeon - All he has done is question my question which I posed to all of the town. Only 3 posts, not enough to sway me at all

silence - I don't like the way that he feels the weakest person is always scum, and that we should attack them. Also towards the inactive half of players.

BlackWolf - Confirmed, votes zf for not posting much, and then unvotes. Also criticizes split, when he is reiterating what Atticus said the post before his.
Fos: BlackWolf

gorillaman - Starts, says Atticus is a bit overdefensive, and then gets into some talk about whether roles are randomized or not. However, not enough as well to really make me suspect him yet.

split - I don't like the fact at all that he is only repeating what is said, as well as saying there is nothing that makes him suspicious at all, until he says Batt may be a little over-defensive. And then voting for being a little overdefensive too?
Fos: split9102
, this may be removed however, as his actions do remind me of my early actions playing mafia.

Battousai - Calls Atticus out for lurking, being only a couple days into the game. His defense and criticism of calling it something trying to make him slip up seems a bit overdefensive, but to me this just seems like his play style. First person I'm undecided on that has actually posted more than 3-4 times.

zu faul - First person to call out Battousai on possibly being overdefensive, and the well placed vote in order to see his reaction seems a bit like a good play. Is that from experience? I don't know.

Atticus - While we took opposing sides on the argument over whether my question can really be a good tool to base people's playstyles on, while saying I didn't answer it, when he hadn't either. But I do know that he is definitely trying to look into things, which is somewhat of a plus for now.

Order of people from least scummy to most so far:
zu_faul
Rickenon
silence
Atticus
Battousai
gorillaman
split
BlackWolf

Also, why not see if we can get another start from a
Vote: BlackWolf
split9102
split9102
Townie
split9102
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:26 am

Post by split9102 »

Actually, the double post was a glitch in the forum.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”