Newbie 588 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:29 am

Post by Grum »

i thinks hes saying that if mafia claim doc and the doc claims doc then they will both be targeted by town for lynching and if the doc shows up as doc when lynched then the fake is shown as just that... fake. then town lynches the fake. he then asks is it worth the docs death for one mafias or is it not.
the answer is usually no...
the evidence is clear last night the doc saved some one for all you know he/she saved you... what your asking makes you a likely target however as it seems your interest in the doc is only because you might be it.
if thats the case you have already made yourself clear as a doc yourself wondering if you should reveal yourself as doc... but then if you claim it some one else might say their the doc... so you best hope your right about that question... why cuz you practically just did state it... IMO anyways correct me if I'm wrong...

Official Vote Count

Abstract Actuary - 1 (goborage)

Not Voting - 7 (Abstract Actuary, camisade, Cat_Killer, Dave, Grum, rolandofthewhite, The World No.1 Noob)

5 to Lynch
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon
Location: Moe's Tavern Occupation: Bartender, Part-time Scumhunter

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:48 am

Post by goborage »

OK so what Grum is saying is that #1noob is subconsciously claiming doctor by discussing doc-claim scenarios?
Well if you're so sure what it ain't, how about tellin' us what it am!
camisade
camisade
Goon
camisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:11 am

Post by camisade »

rolandofthewhite wrote: camisade - He pointed out that Mafiamurkow wasn't helping catch Mafia, and used that as his reasoning for lynching. But we aren't trying to lynch players who aren't good at catching Mafia (because all the Mafia have to do is participate and pay attention and they'd probably seem good at what they're doing). Rather, we should be focusing on catching
Mafia
. Then again, I can see where the frustration comes from.
But how are we supposed to know if someone is Mafia or not if they refuse to even post anything? We can't just give them the benefit of the doubt. I stand by Mafiamurkow's lynch because at least it will teach her a lesson. Sorry if that sounds obnoxious or whatever (I'm not really sure if thats the word I'm looking for :lol: )
Grum wrote:i thinks hes saying that if mafia claim doc and the doc claims doc then they will both be targeted by town for lynching and if the doc shows up as doc when lynched then the fake is shown as just that... fake. then town lynches the fake. he then asks is it worth the docs death for one mafias or is it not.
the answer is usually no...
the evidence is clear last night the doc saved some one for all you know he/she saved you... what your asking makes you a likely target however as it seems your interest in the doc is only because you might be it.
if thats the case you have already made yourself clear as a doc yourself wondering if you should reveal yourself as doc... but then if you claim it some one else might say their the doc... so you best hope your right about that question... why cuz you practically just did state it... IMO anyways correct me if I'm wrong...
What. This post is so confusing.. Use proper capitalization at least please.
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by Grum »

goborage wrote:OK so what Grum is saying is that #1noob is subconsciously claiming doctor by discussing doc-claim scenarios?
yes and what does capitalization have to do with anything? In here, as an example, I have only not capitalized one word,"yes" where it needs be I'm sorry that when I write quickly I forget to caps lock my post. Its ridiculous for you to request that. This would be easier if I just said it now, I'm a German major at my school, German happens to capitalize every noun. I'm sorry I don't capitalize more often. Now I am done complaining.
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:44 pm

Post by goborage »

Grum wrote:
goborage wrote:OK so what Grum is saying is that #1noob is subconsciously claiming doctor by discussing doc-claim scenarios?
yes...
I don't think this is the case. As I posted earlier #1noob is responding to a scenario outside of this game brought up by camisade.

Besides even if you are right don't you think it's an anti-town play to out #1noob as doctor?
FoS: Grum

mod: do you make flavor text when a doctor successfully protects someone?

No Mod will make flavor text to describe what happens during night actions via PM - would kinda give things away wouldn't it :) Never try to infer from a Mod's flavor text something about the game mechanics, it always winds up bad - Vel
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by Grum »

It was an observation trying to help #1... and I'm sorry about that earlier post I was a little over hyped there. I just can't stand being pointed out for grammar errors. /facepalm the question is do we have a doc or is mafia playing with us?
At all times I are confusing... Is my hobby..
The World No.1 Noob
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:49 pm

Post by The World No.1 Noob »

lol, I'm not claiming doc, I was just thinking about the senario given earlier and how it would be good or bad for townie. Grum understood most of what I was saying but he didn't take into account the chance that mafia might get lynched first and then doctor can save himself at night so he doesn't get killed. Taking that into consideration then the mafia claiming doc would have been a really bad move on the mafias' behalf.
marksiqiwang
王嗣其
The World No.1 Noob
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:51 pm

But anyways back to our game,...
marksiqiwang
王嗣其
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:19 am

Post by goborage »

Grum wrote: what your asking makes you a likely target however as it seems your interest in the doc is only because you might be it. if thats the case you have already made yourself clear as a doc yourself wondering if you should reveal yourself as doc... but then if you claim it some one else might say their the doc... so you best hope your right about that question... why cuz you practically just did state it... IMO anyways correct me if I'm wrong...
Grum wrote:It was an observation trying to help #1... and I'm sorry about that earlier post I was a little over hyped there. I just can't stand being pointed out for grammar errors.
How exactly does your post help #1noob? You're accusing him of being a doctor in front of the entire town. If anything it looks like you're trying to get him NK'd.
Grum wrote:the evidence is clear last night the doc saved some one for all you know he/she saved you...
Grum wrote:/facepalm the question is do we have a doc or is mafia playing with us?
You're flip-flopping here. First you say that it is clear there is a doctor and that he saved someone last night. Then after I confront you, you become uncertain. Which is it? How can you be so certain one post and not the next?
Fingers oS
[/quote]
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:05 pm

Post by Grum »

I'm trying to help out #1 here... I said the evidence is clear then...i thought I said somewhere that mafia might be screwing with us didn't I?... at lest thats what I was thinking so I asked is there or isn't there in accordance to what someone else said about cop doc and 5 town or what ever... I was trying to get back on topic and now I'm being attacked...(I hate this I'm totally defensive here) look back at what I've said more carefully. I just have a bad time explaining my thoughts... which turns into a ramble... and #1 your right I didn't see that... good point.

goborage one question why are you so very offensive it throws us into a defensive position which as seen with mafiamurkrow isn't helpfull... am I the only one seeing this?
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by Grum »

How exactly does your post help #1noob? You're accusing him of being a doctor in front of the entire town. If anything it looks like you're trying to get him NK'd.
that's what I'm trying to get him to avoid...
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by goborage »

The World No.1 Noob wrote:lol, I'm not claiming doc, I was just thinking about the senario given earlier and how it would be good or bad for townie. Grum understood most of what I was saying but he didn't take into account the chance that mafia might get lynched first and then doctor can save himself at night so he doesn't get killed. Taking that into consideration then the mafia claiming doc would have been a really bad move on the mafias' behalf.
No a double claim will be certain death for the doctor regardless of who is lynched. A doctor cannot self-protect.

[quote="Grum]goborage one question why are you so very offensive it throws us into a defensive position which as seen with mafiamurkrow isn't helpfull... am I the only one seeing this?[/quote]

This is how mafia works. If I'm wrong, what exactly is the alternative?

Anyways Grum I don't find your answers satisfactory. I have my eye on you.
Abstract Actuary
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by Abstract Actuary »

In case it wasn't clear the doctor should not claim his role unless he is about to be lynched. It is very likely that the mafia was blocked last night and that the doctor knows of one innocent person, but it is not a surety - and nothing can be inferred from the flavor.

I think we should move on.
The World No.1 Noob
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:58 pm

I agree with Grum, Goborage you're being too aggressive and please explain your reasoning because I wasn't accusing anyone of being doc, I was talking about an example that camisade made earlier. But its irrelevant to our game so now that we've got it sorted out we can move on.
marksiqiwang
王嗣其
camisade
camisade
Goon
camisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:36 am

Post by camisade »

goborage wrote:
Grum wrote:
yes...
I don't think this is the case. As I posted earlier #1noob is responding to a scenario outside of this game brought up by camisade.

Besides even if you are right don't you think it's an anti-town play to out #1noob as doctor?
goborage wrote:
Grum wrote: what your asking makes you a likely target however as it seems your interest in the doc is only because you might be it. if thats the case you have already made yourself clear as a doc yourself wondering if you should reveal yourself as doc... but then if you claim it some one else might say their the doc... so you best hope your right about that question... why cuz you practically just did state it... IMO anyways correct me if I'm wrong...
Grum wrote:It was an observation trying to help #1... and I'm sorry about that earlier post I was a little over hyped there. I just can't stand being pointed out for grammar errors.
Grum wrote:the evidence is clear last night the doc saved some one for all you know he/she saved you...
Grum wrote:/facepalm the question is do we have a doc or is mafia playing with us?
You're flip-flopping here. First you say that it is clear there is a doctor and that he saved someone last night. Then after I confront you, you become uncertain. Which is it? How can you be so certain one post and not the next?
Fingers oS
Why 2 FOS's and not a vote?
Grum wrote:
yes and what does capitalization have to do with anything? In here, as an example, I have only not capitalized one word,"yes" where it needs be I'm sorry that when I write quickly I forget to caps lock my post. Its ridiculous for you to request that. This would be easier if I just said it now, I'm a German major at my school, German happens to capitalize every noun. I'm sorry I don't capitalize more often. Now I am done complaining.

I'm saying that when I read your post it was very confusing. I'm just saying at least capitalize the first word of every sentence to make it easier to understand. I don't get what you being a German major at your school has to do with anything, or did you mean you are German? I'm not trying to sound mean or rude.
Grum wrote: goborage one question why are you so very offensive it throws us into a defensive position which as seen with mafiamurkrow isn't helpfull... am I the only one seeing this?
MM was lynched because she wouldn't respond to anything said to her, not because she was put in a defensive position. There is nothing wrong with defending yourself in this game; it's necessary.
The World No.1 Noob wrote:I agree with Grum, Goborage you're being too aggressive and please explain your reasoning because I wasn't accusing anyone of being doc, I was talking about an example that camisade made earlier. But its irrelevant to our game so now that we've got it sorted out we can move on.
I don't really think it's possible to be too aggressive in this game, and goborage wasn't being extremely aggressive anyway. He didn't even vote. I think both of you are overreacting. And I'm sorry that my example messed everyone up, haha. I was just telling a story I thought was interesting.
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:55 am

Post by Grum »

Sorry about that I did overreact there I think progresive observation and logical claims is the correct way to win not just pointing fingers at people because their confused...
Any how I'll try not to leave words uncapitalized. So whos been absent from the forums it seems like( aside from those on vacation like cat killa) people are lurking around here. lets assume that we have a doc and a cop, and then we can progress.
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by Grum »

Something that just came to me while rereading the last two pages of post is how agressive and un helpfull Goborage is. He is missleading the majority of us first he votes no vote then votes abstract then fos me. he seems very scummy through out the whole thing.

BTW i'm having comp issues at home so I can only post from work(yes i know its unproductive work ethics!) so I can only vote once a day most likely

FOS Goborage
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by goborage »

Grum wrote:Sorry about that I did overreact there I think progresive observation and logical claims is the correct way to win not just pointing fingers at people because their confused...
I'm not going to apologize for pointing fingers at people. No one here is scum-hunting and that's a problem. The issue isn't me being too aggressive, it's you being too passive.
Grum wrote:Any how I'll try not to leave words uncapitalized. So whos been absent from the forums it seems like( aside from those on vacation like cat killa) people are lurking around here. lets assume that we have a doc and a cop, and then we can progress.
I agree there is a lot of inactivity here. But you can't complain about it when you do nothing to stop it. Lead by example and post questions/ suspicions. The more you post and the more questions you direct at people, the less people can lurk and get away with it.

@ Grum: Why would you assume we have a doctor and a cop?

@ everyone: In order to promote discussion I think we should all post the most suspicious people on our lists and the reasons for them.

I'll start. Everyone on MM's bandwagon should be under scrutiny, including me. Chances are at least one of them are scum. The problem I find is that lynching MM seemed so justifiable. Most of the votes seem to have been made in earnest because of MM's frustrating playstyle. The only outliers I see are:

1. Abstract Actuary: Wasn't actually on MM's bandwagon but was in my eyes, pro-lynch. His summary of MM's actions gives license to #1noob to hammer.

2. #1noob: Did not object to MM's playstyle at all prior to the hammer and hammered MM very quickly thereby not allowing for a roleclaim. His only defense? "o, sry"

These two are the most suspicious in my eyes. Looking forward to seeing everyone else's
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:01 pm

Post by goborage »

camisade wrote:
goborage wrote:
Grum wrote:
yes...

goborage wrote:
Fingers oS
Why 2 FOS's and not a vote?
Am I obliged to vote if throw out FoSs? To me FoSs are just a way of getting people to post.
The World No.1 Noob
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:24 pm

umm, what's Fos and FoSs and FOS?
marksiqiwang
王嗣其
Grum
Grum
Goon
Grum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:26 pm

Post by Grum »

Finger of suspicion... Any more questions? Hope i can help you with them :D
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:29 am

Post by rolandofthewhite »

Ok, rereading and I think I've figured out where my vote will lie today.

Vote: Grum

Way to overexcitable and freaks out whenever anyone questions him over his actions. He jumped around on numerous votes yesterday. Today his actions with the No.1-doctor thing were extremely questionable (whether or not No.1 is anything, what Grum was doing is the equivalent of screaming, "SHHHHH!" extremely loudly in a library, or something). Oh, and as soon as someone mentions another target (No.1 telling goborage to not be so aggressive), Grum immediately jumped on that win an FOS.

Rereading, I think that 2/3 of goborage, Grum, and camisade could be scum. I'm still leaning toward camisade and Grum.

I'm fairly certain of No.1 and Cat_Killer's innocence. If Abstract Actuary is Mafia, he's doing a hella good job. And Lord knows when it comes to Dave. That boy needs to post more often and more meaningfully.

Now watch all of this be wrong. :p
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
Abstract Actuary
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:55 pm

Post by Abstract Actuary »

rolandofthewhite wrote:Ok, rereading and I think I've figured out where my vote will lie today.

Vote: Grum

Way to overexcitable and freaks out whenever anyone questions him over his actions. He jumped around on numerous votes yesterday. Today his actions with the No.1-doctor thing were extremely questionable (whether or not No.1 is anything, what Grum was doing is the equivalent of screaming, "SHHHHH!" extremely loudly in a library, or something). Oh, and as soon as someone mentions another target (No.1 telling goborage to not be so aggressive), Grum immediately jumped on that win an FOS.

Rereading, I think that 2/3 of goborage, Grum, and camisade could be scum. I'm still leaning toward camisade and Grum.

I'm fairly certain of No.1 and Cat_Killer's innocence. If Abstract Actuary is Mafia, he's doing a hella good job. And Lord knows when it comes to Dave. That boy needs to post more often and more meaningfully.

Now watch all of this be wrong. :p
I agree that Grum has been acting suspicious. Not a big read on Camisade at this point. Neutral about goborage. I would like to hear more from Dave.
The World No.1 Noob
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:04 pm

omg, I'm so lost, where did all this info come from?
marksiqiwang
王嗣其
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:30 pm

Post by rolandofthewhite »

Which info?
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”