Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:51 am

Post by Matt_S »

Sorry about being such a lazy Moderator Vote Count!

Votes required:
5 to lynch

Qman
-
massive

massive
-
destructor

Not Voting:
6, Imat, Matt_S, Qman, Mert, Ting =), Khelvaster

unvote
. I'm going to have to wait for Mert now. I want to hear some of his updated suspicions, since I was unimpressed yesterday.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:23 am

Post by massive »

Well let's not wait too long. All these replacements don't mean that WE should be inactive. It's been three days since the last post. Brutal.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:49 am

Post by Imat »

Sorry for inactivity, I lost internet for the past week. I'll read what I've missed, give some thought, and if you have any questions feel free to ask them.
Willing to replace in any game, have some background experience but haven't gotten all of the specifics down, ie. abbreviations and other terms...
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:43 am

Post by Matt_S »

Vote Mert. Mod:
prod Mert plz. I thought there would be more activity day 2.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:43 am

Post by Matt_S »

EBWOP: I'm stupid. The mod already prodded him.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

*chirpchirpchirp*
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:51 am

Post by ting =) »

@Destructor

Why did you mention safe claims anyway? In your reply to massive, you looked back and justified it, but you never gave your reasons for doing it in the first place.

@Massive.
ting wrote:@Coolbot. Do you have a name?
coolbot wrote:Oh, and ting, stop fishing. I'm not going to tell you what my role is.
ting wrote:Can anyone here confirm for certain that we have named-nonfellowship people? All we have, as far as I can tell, is Coolbot's word. Well, coolbot's half-word, he mentioned that he wouldn't confirm or deny either way.

I'd like to know because he never mentioned named-nonfellowship until massive asked if it was possible.
massive wrote:I find that question very interesting, ting, because here in my notes it says "ting: not Fellowship" ... guess I ought to look back and find what made me think that, but I bet I got some more questions now.
ting wrote:@Matt, Massive. I ask because I'm still suspicious of coolbot. I dropped him from my scumlist and had him as 'don't know' because his actions would make sense if he was named-nonfellowship. However, if named non-fellowship doesn't exist, then that would make coolbot scum to me. It's not role-fishing, I'm asking so I can decide what to make of coolbot.
massive wrote:Which should have told you that I, too, had a named-non-Fellowship role. I mean, I asked enough questions about it.
shaka wrote:Coolbot, Mafia Godfather, killed night 1
Tell me why I should not conclude that you are scum who was defending his godfather.

@Imat.

Whether you think it's a CPR doc, a vig, or some other role, it's still a third killing group. Whatever our actions are today, we have to keep in mind that there's going to be two nks.

@Matt, khel.

Why did you two feel that coolbot was more town-ish than talitha?

@mod.

Thanks. I was in a game where the stacking was different, so I just wanted to make sure.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:28 am

Post by massive »

If I'm Mafia, putting myself in with Coolbot at that point in time doesn't gain me anything. He's not under pressure, he's not being voted. With no knowledge of the kill makeup of the game, I wouldn't be willing to risk having one of us turn up dead and the other one be autolynched. I realize that it's the "I'm not stupid enough to do this as Mafia" defense, but so be it.

(unless you want to go back to the safeclaim)
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:03 am

Post by Matt_S »

ting =) wrote:@Matt, khel.

Why did you two feel that coolbot was more town-ish than talitha?
Mainly the fact that Talitha was so intent on lynching me :)
Granted, CoolBot was against me too, but he used logic which I'm more comfortable with.
Show

(2) think very hard;
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:46 pm

Post by destructor »

ting =) wrote:Why did you mention safe claims anyway? In your reply to massive, you looked back and justified it, but you never gave your reasons for doing it in the first place.
Khelvaster had suggested something that in my experience could be very detrimental to the town. Every themed-mini I played had scum with safe claims, so I assumed this would be the same. I can't imagine how a themed game with no generic townie PM in the first post could be unbreakable short of scum having safe claims. There was no generic townie PM posted in this game, so it occurred to me that scum could have safe claims.

I was and am surprised by how my comment is being treated as something unusual and even scummy. Here's a similar situation that occured in SG:A Mafia, where Kinetic (who it turned out was scum) suggested a mass nameclaim. The major argument against it was... safeclaims. And yes, I was scum in this game, but most of those arguments came from town anyway and scum DID have safeclaims.

I remember saying I was going to post more of a case on massive a while ago. I've neglected this game, but I'll endeavour to get that posted either tonight or tomorrow as well as catch up, even thought it seems not much really happened since I last posted.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:03 am

Post by massive »

Maybe I've been off this site / gone from Mafia too long, but we used to just let the Mafia figure out their own fake claims. Maybe scum need coddling nowadays? Somehow I doubt it.

It sure would be nice if there weren't just half the people playing.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:21 am

Post by Khelvaster »

massive wrote:Maybe I've been off this site / gone from Mafia too long, but we used to just let the Mafia figure out their own fake claims. Maybe scum need coddling nowadays? Somehow I doubt it.

It sure would be nice if there weren't just half the people playing.
Not to mention the fact that some mods can just be sloppy.
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by Imat »

I've fallen way behind in this...I'll admit part of it is due to more interest in other games, but most of it is due to time constraints. However, I'll attempt to start paying more attention to this game first off with a reread and a general suspicions overview. Then hopefully I'll be ably to contribute as much as I should.
Willing to replace in any game, have some background experience but haven't gotten all of the specifics down, ie. abbreviations and other terms...
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:18 pm

Post by shaka!! »

Looking for a replacement for Mert.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:04 am

Post by massive »

Imat
: Did you find anything in your reread?

destructor
: Can you approximate how many themed minis you've played in?

Khelvaster
: Can you supply us with some of your own suspicions? You've posted twice on this page, mostly about the lack of discussion. Maybe your thoughts could help spur us on?
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:07 am

Post by destructor »

Just two. SG:A Mafia and Vegetable Mafia.
Scum had safe-claims in both games.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:57 am

Post by Matt_S »

Heh, I just noticed that Qman disappeared. I'd like to hear what he has to say.
Mod:
can you prod Qman?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:12 am

Post by Qman »

shaka!! wrote:
Looking for a replacement for Mert.
I'm here and reading, just waiting on this.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:59 pm

Post by destructor »

I've been a bastard to this game. I'm going to ease back into it.
massive wrote:What IS WIFOM is
using the possibility of him having a safeclaim as a reason to believe he is scum
. There is still no proof anywhere that these safeclaims exist.
massive, are you still suspicious of me? You openly state that there is no proof that scum have safeclaims, yet their existence, so far as I can tell, is the basis of your suspicion. In fact, the part I've bolded seems to pretty much describe exactly what you're saying about me.

You've generally been overstating anything that may be 'unusual' about my safeclaim and pre-game talk suggestions, referring to them as "wild speculation". Based on my experience, they're not the least bit unusual.

I'm still irked by your stance on Khelvaster. As I explained above, I can't see why you're giving him a free pass taking the basis of your suspicion of me into account. I'm suspicious because scum could have safe claims, yet Khelvaster, who as scum would only have made the suggestion he did if he also had a safeclaim, is getting off the hook? Why are you finding the player who raised the possibility suspicious but not the player who, if they exist, acted in a way that could actually be consistent with it? You've addressed this in ways, and as much a fan as I am of Occam's Razor, it's still WIFOM. I can see scum doing this, which I don't think would necessarily be as much a gambit as you're suggesting.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:45 am

Post by Matt_S »

Whoa, watch this game go by at blazing speed. I'm tempted to do a crazy vote just to get things going. In fact, I will
Unvote, Vote massive
to get answers faster. I'm right now thinking that one of destructor and massive is scum, simply because they seem smart enough to be beyond distancing like this. Especially when there are probably strictly better options. Or both of them are misled townies.
Show

(2) think very hard;
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:36 am

Post by massive »

It is Occam's Razor -- the simplest explanation. There's no secondary, circular assumptions being made to make it WIFOM, so maybe you can explain? I'll try and be concise.

I'm not suspicious of Khelvaster. There's no reason, for me, to believe that there are safeclaims in this game, so there's no reason to view Khelvaster's actions as anything short of townie, albeit probably misguided. While his attempt to "break the mod" could easily be seen as "not going to work," I think there's a difference between "not going to work" and "misleading to the town."

I am suspicious of destructor. He used "what if scum have safeclaims?" as an argument against the massclaim when there was no proof such thing existed. He used "what if mafia can talk at night?" as an argument to vote for me, when I suggested that scum wouldn't have been given the chance to talk to make Khelvaster's plan work (as scum), when there was no proof such thing existed. I feel, at the very least, that these "out-of-game experiences" are clouding the town's ability to see what information the game is really giving us. I'm unsure if destructor is doing this on purpose, but I am still suspicious of him, yes.

Using safeclaims to question Khelvaster's innocence, now THAT is WIFOM.

It's also fasinating to watch Matt_S play so positively scummy and have to give HIM a free pass because the mod deleted his role claim and confirmed his townieness.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:50 am

Post by Matt_S »

massive wrote:It is Occam's Razor -- the simplest explanation. There's no secondary, circular assumptions being made to make it WIFOM, so maybe you can explain? I'll try and be concise.

I'm not suspicious of Khelvaster. There's no reason, for me, to believe that there are safeclaims in this game, so there's no reason to view Khelvaster's actions as anything short of townie, albeit probably misguided.
What would it take to convince you of the mafia having safeclaims? One of them coming out and saying it? That isn't going to happen. You know, you could just as easily assume that there is never a cop in a mafia game, so that anyone who claims cop must be scum. That's Occam's Razor as well. All vanilla is simpler than vanilla and powers.
massive wrote:Using safeclaims to question Khelvaster's innocence, now THAT is WIFOM.
You're assuming that Khelvaster is confirmed town again, and destroying our ability to refute your assumption. That's not very nice.
massive wrote:It's also fasinating to watch Matt_S play so positively scummy and have to give HIM a free pass because the mod deleted his role claim and confirmed his townieness.
Yeah, you're ignoring the possibility of safeclaims there. I never wanted a free pass.
Show

(2) think very hard;
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:15 am

Post by massive »

Matt_S wrote:What would it take to convince you of the mafia having safeclaims? One of them coming out and saying it? That isn't going to happen. You know, you could just as easily assume that there is never a cop in a mafia game, so that anyone who claims cop must be scum. That's Occam's Razor as well. All vanilla is simpler than vanilla and powers.
I don't know if the mafia have safeclaims or not. All I'm saying is that, so far, there is no reason for me to assume that the mafia have safeclaims. Using "the mafia have safeclaims" as a logical step to prove or disprove any argument, therefore, is ridiculous.
Matt_S wrote:You're assuming that Khelvaster is confirmed town again, and destroying our ability to refute your assumption. That's not very nice.
I'm not saying Khelvaster is confirmed town OR destroying your ability to refute my assumption. I'm saying that using "the mafia have safeclaims" is a ridiculous way to do so. You want to talk about Khelvaster being scummy? Use real proof from the actual game thread, not some supposed metagame state that may or may not be true.
Matt_S wrote:Yeah, you're ignoring the possibility of safeclaims there. I never wanted a free pass.
Hopping on this bandwagon to use safeclaims as an argument DOES NOT WIN YOU POINTS.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:22 am

Post by destructor »

Does your suspicion of me have anything to do with scum
actually
having safe-claims?
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:08 am

Post by Matt_S »

massive wrote:I don't know if the mafia have safeclaims or not. All I'm saying is that, so far, there is no reason for me to assume that the mafia have safeclaims. Using "the mafia have safeclaims" as a logical step to prove or disprove any argument, therefore, is ridiculous.

I'm not saying Khelvaster is confirmed town OR destroying your ability to refute my assumption. I'm saying that using "the mafia have safeclaims" is a ridiculous way to do so. You want to talk about Khelvaster being scummy? Use real proof from the actual game thread, not some supposed metagame state that may or may not be true.
Yeah, from the beginning I've said that Khelvaster's actions didn't make much sense. I think it would be justified if I was suspicious of him, especially considering his lackluster performance so far today. You saying that scum don't have safeclaims shouldn't make him any more protown.
massive wrote:Hopping on this bandwagon to use safeclaims as an argument DOES NOT WIN YOU POINTS.
Why do you think I'm voting for you? Do you think I'm trying to get your approval? The fact is, I find your logic about safeclaims to be unsatisfactory. The possibility of safeclaims shouldn't be used as evidence, but that doesn't mean we have to pretend that the mafia doesn't have them when we interpret people's actions.
Show

(2) think very hard;

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”