Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Mizzy wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:He didn't say it proved him town, he said it was holes in the theory that he was scum, and he is right (whether you call them other theories or not is semantics). I agree with RotN here.
I didn't say he did say that, so I'm not sure why you're jumping to someone's defense who doesn't need it.
You didnt say
he
said that
implicitly
, but you certainly implied that was the cut of his jib. Right here you did it. Read the part where you say "his theories also don't prove he is town".

Mizzy wrote:
RangeroftheNorth wrote:Perhaps it was a poor choice of words, but that doesn't deny his point. The fact that the scum haven't lynched Battousai yet doesn't in any way prove that he's scum.
But his theories also don't prove he's town. I think the point was just that it's safe to keep a vote there for the time being, though I'm mixed on my thoughts regarding that.

Does anyone else have any thoughts?
What game are you playing to state something in that manner and then pretend it didn't mean what you said?
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Ectomancer wrote:What game are you playing to state something in that manner and then pretend it didn't mean what you said?
I was countering someone else's similar statement by basically saying it's a null-tell. It doesn't prove he's scum, no, but it doesn't prove he's town, either. The point I was trying to make was that it's something we should keep in mind, but not something we should lynch over. A topic for discussion, maybe.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Sixty-Seventh Vote Count:

Battousai (1) - Jester

Not Voting (6) - Ectomancer, Battousai (rep. ryan), Nyktorion, Mizzy (rep. Tamuz), RangeroftheNorth (rep. UnofficialRulerofEveryone who rep. RangeroftheNorth who rep. Dean Harper), thenextepisode

It will take 4 votes to lynch before deadline

FoS Count:

None

Current Deadline:
April 20, 2008 at ~12:00 A.M. (GMT -6)
First Mod Deadline Review:
April 13, 2008 at ~12:00 A.M. (GMT -6)
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Nyktorion
Nyktorion
Goon
Nyktorion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:25 pm

Post by Nyktorion »

Even though scum have not jumped at the opportunity yet (in case there is such an opportunity right now), I think that it would still be better for Jester to retract his vote and change it into a FOS for the time. "Holes" #3 and #4 pointed out by Battousai are still very possible.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:56 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Mizzy wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:What game are you playing to state something in that manner and then pretend it didn't mean what you said?
I was countering someone else's similar statement by basically saying it's a null-tell. It doesn't prove he's scum, no, but it doesn't prove he's town, either. The point I was trying to make was that it's something we should keep in mind, but not something we should lynch over. A topic for discussion, maybe.
Ok. Roughly RotN's point and my point as well. The bottom line is there isn't adequate support for either conclusion.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:55 am

Post by Battousai »

I see where Mizzy is getting at. No, I wasn't saying that my last post makes me town, but it does make it kind of a null-tell of Jester's assumption. Of course I would like Jester to take his vote off, but it is his choice to make and he sure as hell thinks I'm scum (or he knows I'm not if he's scum).

Could you guys respond to post 640? Do you guys think a list like that is a good idea for town, or should I abandon it because it may help the scum more than the town?
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:43 am

Post by Mizzy »

Battousai wrote:I see where Mizzy is getting at. No, I wasn't saying that my last post makes me town, but it does make it kind of a null-tell of Jester's assumption. Of course I would like Jester to take his vote off, but it is his choice to make and he sure as hell thinks I'm scum (or he knows I'm not if he's scum).

Could you guys respond to post 640? Do you guys think a list like that is a good idea for town, or should I abandon it because it may help the scum more than the town?
The only problem that I see with it is that we likely have 3 scum on the loose, which means that their lists are going to be fake and we'll be looking at 7 lists total, only 4 of which are legit. It could help us to make link-ups between scum later, but that's assuming we find one fast enough to make a difference.

I'll give one, if asked, but it'll be based mainly on gut.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:26 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Oops, knew I was forgetting something. In my defense, I had >3 hours of sleep on Friday and Saturday. First deadline review = PASSED. Also, TNE is receiving his Final Prod (the next time he fails to post for 96 hours, I will begin searching for a replacement instead of prodding).

Sixty-Eighth Vote Count:

Battousai (1) - Jester

Not Voting (6) - Ectomancer, Battousai (rep. ryan), Nyktorion, Mizzy (rep. Tamuz), RangeroftheNorth (rep. UnofficialRulerofEveryone who rep. RangeroftheNorth who rep. Dean Harper), thenextepisode

FoS Count:

None

Current Deadline:
April 27, 2008 at ~12:00 A.M. (GMT -6)
Second Mod Deadline Review:
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
User out of ambit.

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:41 am

Post by Battousai »

MOD- Did we meet the deadline review?

WHOOPS. Sunday's vote count has been updated (and a Monday update added).
thenextepisode
thenextepisode
Townie
thenextepisode
Townie
Townie

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by thenextepisode »

I was just thinking, if there are 3 scum and we are, in fact in lylo, then they probably would have lynched battousai by now. so, that leads me to two thoughs.
either jester or battousai is mafia.
"please, sit on my FACE"
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by Mizzy »

thenextepisode wrote:I was just thinking, if there are 3 scum and we are, in fact in lylo, then they probably would have lynched battousai by now. so, that leads me to two thoughs.
either jester or battousai is mafia.
Have you not been reading or paying attention at all? This was already brought up. Feel free to add to it, but it appears as though you haven't been following the game one bit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:21 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Sixty-Ninth Vote Count:

Battousai (1) - Jester

FoS Count:

None

Current Deadline:
Second and Final Mod Deadline Review:
User out of ambit.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:14 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Ok, I haven't had a chance to look into all the convolutions yet, perhaps others can lend their heads as well and lets follow these thoughts to come up with a way to benefit us:

We had 2 kills last night. I see 1 of 2 explanations; an SK or a Vig.

If it was a Vig, we are very likely in LYLO with 3 scum.

If it was an SK, we could be in LYLO today if we lynch town and town dies tonight. We would need to lynch scum tomorrow and hope the SK and scum cross-kill each other (which is as close to LYLO as you can get without actually being in it). If we lynch an SK today, then we are in LYLO tomorrow.

The problem with both of these scenarios is what if the killer lives and kills again tonight? We can't control what an SK will do (though we might hope to guide one to do the "right thing"), but we need to talk about whether a Vig should kill tonight or not. I think
who
they kill (if it is to our advantage) should be left up to them.
Also, claim? not claim? If we ask for a claim now, if there is an SK they would be forced to go whole hog one way or the other for their claim. Problem is, would that be benefit enough to expose a Vig?
If someone does claim, and they are SK claiming Vig, we don't lynch them (we don't have much choice) but we still don't know about them. If we get scum today, and our Vig/Sk claims today, we still cant kill the SK in case he
is
a Vig because we are still in LYLO tomorrow if there are 3 scum today
unless
the Vig kills also and gets lucky. If they did kill also, there would be 4 people left, and I think scum win if either Vig or Sk guess wrong.

Help me out here. There's a lot of permutations to go through.

RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:24 am

Post by RangeroftheNorth »

One thing to consider is that, if we ask the vig/SK to out himself now, the mafia are fairly likely to kill him tonight. That makes it fairly unlikely that the SK would chose to come forward.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:45 am

Post by Ectomancer »

RangeroftheNorth wrote:One thing to consider is that, if we ask the vig/SK to out himself now, the mafia are fairly likely to kill him tonight. That makes it fairly unlikely that the SK would chose to come forward.
Yes it does. It would also be nice to get a Vig to end game in case it comes down to 2 people somehow. At least then they would off each other in end game (or stalemate) and we would get at least a tie.

Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:53 am

Post by Mizzy »

RangeroftheNorth wrote:One thing to consider is that, if we ask the vig/SK to out himself now, the mafia are fairly likely to kill him tonight. That makes it fairly unlikely that the SK would chose to come forward.
This is true, and Ecto does make a good point, but if we do try to lynch someone, we have the problem that they may try and fake-claim (or true-claim) vig/sk in order to not be lynched. Granted, a fake-claim would gain us a counter-claim and therefor a confirmed scum and pro-towner prior to a lynch, but this whole thing still worries me. I suck like that :P

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:42 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Seventieth Vote Count:

Battousai (1) - Jester

FoS Count:

None

Current Deadline:
User out of ambit.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:08 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Scum scared to join the discussion?

Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:23 am

Post by Mizzy »

Ectomancer wrote:Scum scared to join the discussion?
I think a lot of folks have mid-terms, right now, yes? It's been slow in a few of my games and folks say that's why.
Ectomancer wrote:The problem with both of these scenarios is what if the killer lives and kills again tonight? We can't control what an SK will do (though we might hope to guide one to do the "right thing"), but we need to talk about whether a Vig should kill tonight or not.
I have some speculations but am hesitant to share them because it has to do with what we might have, vig or sk, and what my opinions are on what they should/should not do. Would you all like to hear or should I stay hushed?

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:08 am

Post by Battousai »

That kinda of depends on whether or not they hurt the town more if said than not said. You also have to take into account the next day if you make it that far, would the speculation you have helped the town that day.

To post 662: If we have a vig, I would urge them not to kill tonight, based on if they kill a townie, I think we will lose. Also, they shouldn't claim and they should keep playing as a scumhunter. The only time they should claim is after someone else falsely claims vig as well.
Nyktorion
Nyktorion
Goon
Nyktorion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:05 am

Post by Nyktorion »

If we have a vig, then the current setup is probably 4vs3. If we lynch scum today, and scum kill tonight, then it is 3vs2 - in that case, vigging would be a bad decision, because it would risk going from 3vs2 to 2vs2. However, if we mislynch today, then (including the probable nightkill, but not including the vigging), we will be at 2vs3 in that case tomorrow, so I would advise to use the vig kill in that case.

Short version: if we lynch scum today, the vig (in case he exists) should hold back tonight. If we lynch town today, then the vig should use his ability.
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:54 am

Post by Jester »

Nyktorion wrote:I do not really understand why you want the vig (if we have one) to come out. Wouldn't this just expose him to the mafia, if he was really a vig? And even him really being a vig is not that sure, since it would a good claim for an SK, too.
There's good reason to believe the vig was one-shot. Otherwise, why not act earlier in the game? RC was just as much of a dick at the start of night 1 as he was at the start of night 2, maybe more so. There was no reason why a multi-shot vig shouldn't have shot RC on night 1. A one-shot vig, though, would have held his bullet hoping for more evidence.

There's no SK, and anyone who argues that there might be is either misguided or is actively trying to screw with the town. See below for the argument.
Battousai wrote:There are also a few holes in this theory, though.
1) You could be scum, trying to get a townie to vote with you and then bandwagon with the other scum
2) There could be 2 scum, with another killing role (protown or anti-town)
True. A standard 12-person mini would normally have 3 scum in it. But we're not playing a standard game. We're playing a mountainous game, and mountainous games have 2 scum in them. Mizzy, Ectomancer (662), and Nyktorion think we have three. TNE doesn't want to talk about numbers. ROTN wants to sit on the fence (638). Battousai wants to everyone to proceed from the assumption there are three. Jester thinks... no, is
sure
there are two.

I posted my 641 curious about who would speculate about number of mafia. As a matter of fact, I
don't
think we're at lylo. If there are three scum in this game with no or few pro-town power roles (vig doesn't really count), then this game was badly unbalanced in favor of the scum from the start. To my knowledge, the scum have won every standard mountainous game (2 scum, 10 vanilla town) on this site to date. They don't need three scum, and they better not have three scum. They've got two.

The fact that scum have won every standard mountainous to date would have likely given Tar good reason to introduce a weak pro-town role to try to balance the set-up a bit. Thus, "mostly" mountainous. That's why I think we have a one-shot vig.
Battousai wrote:3) The scum are waiting until your case get's a little stronger (probably nearer deadline) to vote to seem less eager.
4) One of the scum could be less active, thus making his partner(s) hold out for later.
Therefore, these two points are invalid. Both scum could vote with me, and you still wouldn't be lynched.
Ectomancer wrote:We had 2 kills last night. I see 1 of 2 explanations; an SK or a Vig.
And with that said, this renders the rest of Nyktorion's argument about a SK, as well as Ecto's argument on the same, as non-sensical. There's no SK in this game. If there were, there'd be two possibilities:
a) we have one mafia and one SK, or to put it another way, two SKs. There was only one Night 1 kill, so we don't have this set-up.
b) we have two mafia and one SK, and this game is hideously unbalanced against the town. There was only one Night 1 kill, so we don't have this set-up, either.

Once more for the cheap seats: there's no SK. There's either a vig, or there's some role that essentially functioned as a vig, like an army veteran. It's
not
a bomb or a paranoid gun owner, because those roles kill the person that targets them with a night action. RC didn't have a night action.
Mizzy wrote:That is an interesting point, actually...I need to go re-find your case on Batt to see why you're voting him...you wouldn't happen to know what post it was, do you?
This isn't a single post. It's a feeling. ryan was doing a little bit of ad-homming, and didn't have the courage of his convictions. That's partly scum play, partly meta on my past experience with ryan, who even when he was totally wrong had the courage of his convictions. When Battousai took over, he stated suspicions about lots and lots of people (particularly in his 335), which I find a scum trait. His play since then has been... slippery. I admit I don't have much of a logically-constructed case, though. I had a more logical case against johoohno, and look where that got me. :?
Nyktorion wrote:Even though scum have not jumped at the opportunity yet (in case there is such an opportunity right now), I think that it would still be better for Jester to retract his vote and change it into a FOS for the time. "Holes" #3 and #4 pointed out by Battousai are still very possible.
Nope, they're not. See above.
I do not play MS on weekends; consider me on V/LA during them
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:14 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

I am now searching for a replacement for thenextepisode.

Seventy-First Vote Count:

Battousai (1) - Jester

FoS Count:

None

Current Deadline:
April 20, 2008 at ~12:00 A.M. (GMT -6)[/quote]
User out of ambit.

RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:16 am

Post by RangeroftheNorth »

I will be out of town from now until Sunday. I will have very limited access during that time, and will probably not be able to post much.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:27 am

Post by Battousai »

Battousai wrote:
Johoohno wrote:@ Battousai: When you've read through the day, I'd like a your thoughts on your predecessors posts.
Well, I don't know what he was thinking, but after reading through all the day posts, I have a few gut feelings towards some of the people here

IGMEOY: Earwig, Blackberry, TNE, Nyktorion, and Johoohno

I have no real reasons behind some of them, its just after reading their posts I just get a feeling. Not enough to warrant a FOS or a vote.

Blackberry's theories made him suspect in the beginning, but also I think some of the people who tried to put that into the limelight and distract people are even more scummy. Those people are: TNE, SlySly, and Ryan. Since Ryan was town, he is act probably just trying to figure out the theory.

Johoohno, the reason I find you the most scummy is that you intentionally try to muddy up the water by implimenting the sk role into people's heads. I see no reason to bring it up on day 1 when there has not been any night actions.
This is my post 335, Jester. I wrote this as my summary of the first day when I replaced in. In this I gave my minor suspicions for 5 people that were mainly gut. At the time there were 11 people, not including myself.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”