PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Damn, I didn't get the chance to post sunday like I wanted to and if you'll check my last post in this game you'll see why I didn't post friday or saturday.
Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:
PokerFace wrote:1) you encouraged someone to blow up blaze runner early in the game. Why? Got other reasoning or were you just agreeing with greasy spot?
2) anybody but you should blow him up of course and then you say you'll blow up someone that votes you?
1) Yes. I thought Blazerunner was trying to blend in. It would've been better if someone else had killed him, though.
2) That 'anybody should blow him up' was because I wasn't sold on Greasy Spot's guilt. I'd rather have waited for a better target to present itself. The second post was nonsense.
Your reasons here don't come off as being that genuine because I certainly couldn't draw them from what you initially said.
Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:Ooba, as soon as your 24 hours have passed, feel free to dynamite the hell outa Quag.

Quag, if you have anything to say in the meantime, I suggest you hurry up.
Also your rashness for bloodshed and seeing others blow people up seem to contradict your earlier comments of people holding back explosions. I think Elvis is right about you. I'm going to glance at Pickem and see if I agree with her on him too.
Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:Hmm.. Strange nightkill choice again.

I suppose the only thing particular about Nightson's posts is that he suspected Surye, but that's probably a distraction from the fact that the first nightkill is incriminating Yos2.
Also I fail to see what your saying here. There were more people than just Yos2 who made comments in the queue about DGB. Looks like you are just trying to protect Surye because you believe nightson's death incriminates him. Yet analyzing nightkills is some big wifom.

Vote: CEScum

I'd like this vote to be carried over to tomorrow because at the moment I'd support seeing CEScum blow up. And I think I'd find it ammusing to see surye be the one to blow him up. His comments day2 didn't sit to well with me earlier. I'll be taking another look at him to see if he deserves my vote more.

And as far as Adel and Yos2's plans go I think the system we got right now should work for awhile. We ask one of the two scumiest to strike a light then have the other Dynamite the first one. As long as the scum is found and blown up, things should work out. The wagon Yosarian2 is getting doesn't quite interest me at the moment. I don't see the 3 thing as a tell because i don't think balance would allow for only 3 in this setup. And going after lurkers is not a bad thing with lurking being a useful scum strategy in this game. I will be looking at what skruff's has been posting later.

Also
PokerFace wrote:Well Only thing I can think of is we vote for who are the 2 scummiest.
Whoever posts first or maybe second on a new page should post a vote count at the end of their post.
Once somebody reaches majority vote, the person with seond highest votes should dynamite them or vice versa. If niether of the two agrees to dynamite the other then there's chance we found scum, and third highest voted should dynamite the scummiest and so on. That's all I got at the moment.
I posted this earlier. Are other people going to keep track of and post new vote counts on each page or am i going to have to do it?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

basically, what you're doing is putting the fear of striking a light into Townies, which will only result in disaster

If nobody strikes lights this game doesnt continue. At all. And all your votes and discussion and theorys become useless.

And then, when nobody lights matches, how do you kill those you are convinced are scum? you cant vote them to death, you cant force them to strike a light, and you cant convince them todynamite anyone. Those who are enforcing the DO NOT LIGHT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES policy are leading this game straight to hell on a bullet train, by grinding this game to a screeching halt, and giving scum a failsafe way to stay alive for the entire game.

STRIKE A LIGHT
STRIKE A LIGHT
STRIKE A LIGHT

Scum can claim right now, and they'll win, because they cannot be forced to do anything that will lead to their deaths.

So what can Town do? Nothing

What can Scum do? Nothing

Why? The DO NOT STRIKE A LIGHT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES policy.
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by Erg0 »

The policy is not "do not strike a light under any circumstances". It's "do not strike a light without a town consensus".
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

The keyword is policy. Policy leads to disaster, almost as often s anything thats directed by "Town consensus"
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:33 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Isn't lynching directed by town consensus?

As someone else said, towns have a long history of self-destructing when everyone gets dayvigs, purely because people get trigger-happy. We need some sort of system to stop individuals from just blowing up whoever they want, and this is better than anything else I can think of. If the system fails it's due to a lack of town buy-in, not because the system itself is bad.
V/LA most weekends.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I will now post a vote count example people should quote and use for later. I can't remember the exact agreed upon percent and votes necessary to start the exploding and I ain't about to do the math to find out the vote amount so feel free to edit these numbers should others update this later. I ain't keen on time zones either so assuming someone else does quote and update this later they are welcome to throw in whatever 1:50pm EST is in GMT.

@Mod: Stoofer, I didn't see anything in your rules saying I couldn't use different font colors or sizes. So can they be used to make this stand out better later? Also Armlx posted in the V/la thread. Something about his laptop power cord dieing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vote Count of Day 3:

Cogito Ergo Scum - 3(Elvis, Skruffs, PokerFace)
UltimaAvalon - 1(Yosarian2)
Marmalade - 1(Elmo)
Elmo - 1(Marmalade)
Yosarian2 - 1(Claus)
Skruffs - 1(Adel)

"Not Voting - (Everyone else)"

19 people alive so its 10 votes needed for forced dynamiting
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UltimaAvalon must wait til 1:50pm EST tomorrow before he can dynamite. Anyone can blow him up.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:26 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Poker, I've already been blowed up.

Erg0. I'm always of the opinion that the use of one's powers should not be swayed by public opinion. This includes everything from voting, daykills, and everything in between.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Adel wrote:yes, a policy lynch does result in three dead townies, probably even in this case....
but the alternative is worse: mad confusion and more irrational behavior.

I did what I promised to do, and if I had done anything else
the scum (yos2 + and skruffs)
would use it to push my lynch and confuse and mislead the town.
Huh?

I was trying to tell you yesterday that you should use your judgement, that while you trying to deter peopel from lighting was a good idea that you might not necessarally want to AUTOMATICALLY blow someone up if you think they're likely town, and you jumped down my throat for it; in fact, I think that's when you came to the false conclusion that I am scum, was because you thought I was trying to "give the scum wiggle room". No, I was trying to give YOU some wiggle room, so you wouldn't box yourself in a situation where you would feel like you had to do something stupid.

And while, yeah, I was a little suspicious of you based on the Ooba thing yesterday, all in all I thought you were town, and if you had decided to not auto-kill UA right away, and had good reasons for not doing it, I wouldn't necessarally have attacked you for that.

Meanwhile, Skruffs has been arguing even more against your "kill anyone who strikes a light" plan, right from the start. I don't really trust him at the moment, he very well might be scum, but I don't see how he even could go after you for that in this situation considering what he'd been saying.
I advocate the death of quagmire if he hesitated to follow the stated policy we agreed to.
And that's just wrong. As Skruffs pointed out, we could very well be in lynch or lose tommorow. If someone Quagmire thinks is a townie does something dumb, should Quagmire throw away the entire game just to prove a point or to maintain a policy or whatever? Should we kill Quagmire for not doing that?

I heavily advocate the death of Skruffs and Yos2 asap.
:roll:
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by Erg0 »

That may work for
you
, but what if everyone else behaves the same way? 20-odd individuals acting without regard for the opinion of the rest of the group are not going to win a game like this unless it's by blind luck.

It strikes me that we really should have had this discussion much earlier in the game - and we probably would have, if not for the individuals acting without regard for the group's opinion.
V/LA most weekends.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

vote:
marmalade.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

pickemgenius wrote:
vote:
marmalade.
vote: marmalade

im dumb
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Holy Crap!
UltimaAvalon wrote:Poker, I've already been blowed up.
I originally made that vote count thing to work as another example like I did in post 26 earlier except for everyone having 2 votes. After all I was the page's first post and I wanted other people to quote/update that thing for a future day. But now that I look back at page 9, I think UltimaAvalon might actually still be alive.
Adel wrote:
DYNAMITE: UltimaAvalon
Not all caps
Adel wrote:
DYNAMITE: ULTIMAVALON

just in case the first try didn't work.
He is Ultim
aA
valon not UltimAvalon

I can't believe no one caught that. I didn't even notice it til now. I think UA is still alive. Shall we discuss things further, what should we do now? vote: UltimaAvalon? you want to start your wagon now UA?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:31 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Alternatively, you could blow up Adel for failing to keep to her word.
V/LA most weekends.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:40 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

I only self wagon day 1. And, because voting in this game is rather pointless, and because I didn't put the game on watch until I got prodded, I did not self-vote Day 1. There will be no self bandwagon from me this game
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:47 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

NabakovNabakov replaces armlx.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:50 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

BOOM!

Adel (Townie) has blown up himself and UltimaAvalon (Townie).

Night 3: Please can the Mafia send me their kill within ~24 hours.

NOTE: It has been pointed out that Adel slightly mispelled 'UltimaAvalon' when making his Dynamite attack. By the time I realised this, I had already posted both their roles. So I can't undo it even if I wanted to. The rule is: if you come so close to complying with the rules that even I don't notice (and I am a real stickler) then that is close enough.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:04 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Skruffs (Townie) was killed by the Mafia.

Day 4 begins now!
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:48 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Hey, what say we take things a little slower today?
V/LA most weekends.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:54 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah, agreed. We need to take the time to hear from everyone today, including those lurkers I mentioned, and to actually put together bandwagons and stuff instead of just someone randomally doing something.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:14 pm

Post by Elmo »

Erg0 wrote:Hey, what say we take things a little slower today?
this is relevant to my interests
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Marmalade
Marmalade
Goon
Marmalade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:32 am

Post by Marmalade »

Elmo wrote:
Erg0 wrote:Hey, what say we take things a little slower today?
this is relevant to my interests
Glad to hear it. Also, would you, like, actually respond to #202, please? It explained my vote against you, so thanks!
Sign up for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8094]Unanimous[/url] today!
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:20 am

Post by elvis_knits »

vote CES

Been trying to get rid of this guy for how many days now?
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:49 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

elvis_knits wrote: Been trying to get rid of this guy for how many days now?
Just yesterday, I think.

I'd rather see Elmo or Yos blown up, but I will do so myself if y'all really think I must.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:42 am

Post by Quagmire »

I'm thinking elvis knits myself
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:07 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Sup guys

I think the Adel Plan has its flaws in being too unforgiving, but anything else has far greater flaws in being too lienent. Outside of a player actually going insane, I would not anticipate any further employment for the enforcer.

CES needs to stop the talk of blowing others up. He called the pairings on D1 and D2. This game
does not
have a dynamite mechanic until we reach a lynch, capiche?

Elvisknit's 188 feels like fitting a square peg in a round hole. Maybe she just isn't familiar with CES or PEG, but accusing Pickem of nihilism is not novel.

I'd like to hear a succinct case on Yos from somebody. Up till now, it's kind of been this amorphous blob floating around that people support or oppose. One thing I will say is most of his posts made me go cross-eyed. I haven't known him to be quite that verbose in the past.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”