Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:26 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I had a minor surgery today. Drugged up. Should be back tomorrow sometime.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:31 am

Post by Mizzy »

I have never played (or heard of) a Mountainous game before, so I am basing my 3-scummer thoughts on normal games. Sorry if I am wrong :(
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:19 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Still in pain and out of sorts. Might be sometime this weekend before I get back for more. Taking care of the game Im modding and that's it for now.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Something Awesome
Something Awesome
Townie
Something Awesome
Townie
Townie

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:27 am

Post by Something Awesome »

Hey guys. I think we're replacing Thenextepisode.

(if not, please delete this post)

We'll have a read through over the weekend, and see what we can come up with.
The culmination of years of awesomeness.
Something Awesome
Something Awesome
Townie
Something Awesome
Townie
Townie

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:42 am

Something Awesome wrote:Hey guys. I think we're replacing Thenextepisode.

(if not, please delete this post)

We'll have a read through over the weekend, and see what we can come up with.
The other half shall do the same
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:26 pm

Post by Battousai »

What's with this we stuff? Multiple players under same name?
Something Awesome
Something Awesome
Townie
Something Awesome
Townie
Townie

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:41 am

No...
1 player with a split personality. And we still haven't got our role pm(s)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:16 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Something Awesome wrote:No...
1 player with a split personality. And we still haven't got our role pm(s)
Perfect. Do a quick analysis of everyone before you get it. :twisted:

Something Awesome
Something Awesome
Townie
Something Awesome
Townie
Townie

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:19 am

:lol: Nice idea. But we aren't going to read the entire game until the Mod at least confirms we are replacing.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:44 am

Post by Mizzy »

I think as a rule of thumb, you shouldn't post in a game until you get the mod confirmation, just in case the replacement slot went to someone else, yes?
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Something Awesome
Something Awesome
Townie
Something Awesome
Townie
Townie

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:56 am

Well, Tarhalindur and myself had an... agreement. This is our little way of confirming the placement, whilst simultaneously getting to know our fellow players.

If the place has for some reason gone to someone else, Tar can easily delete these posts. Stop panicking!
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:00 am

Post by Mizzy »

Something Awesome wrote:Well, Tarhalindur and myself had an... agreement. This is our little way of confirming the placement, whilst simultaneously getting to know our fellow players.

If the place has for some reason gone to someone else, Tar can easily delete these posts. Stop panicking!
Trust me, it's hardly panicking :P I'm just saying, mostly for future reference since you appear to be a new player, that you generally should wait to post. Since it's something I think that's between you and the mod on more of a friendly-terms, that makes it a bit different here, but considering we have no idea who you are, we do have to ask.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:08 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

I am 95% sure that SomethingAwesome will be replacing thenextepisode, but I need to wait for JordanA24 to finalize the cross-replacement that will allow this. SomethingAwesome is not officially in the game yet, but I will not delete his posts at this time.

Seventy-Second Vote Count:

Battousai (1) - Jester

Not Voting (6) - Ectomancer, Battousai (rep. ryan), Nyktorion, Mizzy (rep. Tamuz), RangeroftheNorth (rep. UnofficialRulerofEveryone who rep. RangeroftheNorth who rep. Dean Harper), thenextepisode

It will take 4 votes to lynch before deadline

FoS Count:

None

Current Deadline:
April 27, 2008 at ~12:00 A.M. (GMT -6)
Second and Final Mod Deadline Review:
April 20, 2008 at ~12:00 A.M. (GMT -6)
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Nyktorion
Nyktorion
Goon
Nyktorion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:00 pm

Post by Nyktorion »

Jester wrote:There's good reason to believe the vig was one-shot. Otherwise, why not act earlier in the game? RC was just as much of a dick at the start of night 1 as he was at the start of night 2, maybe more so. There was no reason why a multi-shot vig shouldn't have shot RC on night 1. A one-shot vig, though, would have held his bullet hoping for more evidence.

There's no SK, and anyone who argues that there might be is either misguided or is actively trying to screw with the town. See below for the argument.
You are right. A vig in this game is probably a one-shot vig because there was only one death in N1, which was not RC. However, other scenarios are still possible (albeit less likely than the one-shot vig). We could have power role in the game (e.g. Mafia RB vs. standard vig?), the standard vig could have decided that RC was "just being an ass, but not scum", and for some reason have also chosen SlySly as target, we could have an SK, etc. While the case described by you is surely the most probable, it is not enough that I would like to bet the entire game on it.
Jester wrote:I posted my 641 curious about who would speculate about number of mafia. As a matter of fact, I don't think we're at lylo. If there are three scum in this game with no or few pro-town power roles (vig doesn't really count), then this game was badly unbalanced in favor of the scum from the start. To my knowledge, the scum have won every standard mountainous game (2 scum, 10 vanilla town) on this site to date. They don't need three scum, and they better not have three scum. They've got two.

The fact that scum have won every standard mountainous to date would have likely given Tar good reason to introduce a weak pro-town role to try to balance the set-up a bit. Thus, "mostly" mountainous. That's why I think we have a one-shot vig.
Again, two scum makes more sense than three with a one-shot vig, but how can we know that Tarhalindur thinks the same?
Jester wrote:And with that said, this renders the rest of Nyktorion's argument about a SK, as well as Ecto's argument on the same, as non-sensical. There's no SK in this game. If there were, there'd be two possibilities:
a) we have one mafia and one SK, or to put it another way, two SKs. There was only one Night 1 kill, so we don't have this set-up.
b) we have two mafia and one SK, and this game is hideously unbalanced against the town. There was only one Night 1 kill, so we don't have this set-up, either.
Well, an SK not only hurts the town, but also the mafia. As long as expected town and mafia win rates are still about equal, and each as least as great as the SK's, I don't see the impossibility of that setup.

So, in closing: I think your post does a good job in arguing which setup we most likely have. However, there are still many small possibilities of diferences, and the probabilities for these do add up. Thus, I still don't like it as a justification for throwing out votes in the current situation. I think using FOSes instead would not really have any drawback, but eliminate any of the risks I outlined above.
Something Awesome
Something Awesome
Townie
Something Awesome
Townie
Townie

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:56 am

I can assure you that i am no 'new player', missy! I've been playing Mafia elsewhere for over a year. And as for you not knowing who i am, you really really should.

follow the trail of breadcrumbs.
Mizzy wrote:
Something Awesome wrote:Well, Tarhalindur and myself had an... agreement. This is our little way of confirming the placement, whilst simultaneously getting to know our fellow players.

Trust me, it's hardly panicking :P I'm just saying, mostly for future reference since you appear to be a new player, that you generally should wait to post. Since it's something I think that's between you and the mod on more of a friendly-terms, that makes it a bit different here, but considering we have no idea who you are, we do have to ask.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:38 am

Post by Mizzy »

Something Awesome wrote:I can assure you that i am no 'new player', missy! I've been playing Mafia elsewhere for over a year. And as for you not knowing who i am, you really really should.
Again, I have no real way of knowing who you are, and your account says nothing about your identity, and honestly, I have more important things on my plate right now than worrying about who you are :P And it's Mizzy, please. Or Miz, that works too.

Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:45 am

Post by Mizzy »

My thoughts on the matter are that we have a vig, either full or one-shot, and whoever it is thought Rosso was scum, despite the meta information. (Seriously guys, for future information, Rosso is just like that...it sucks but that's how it goes.)

I would urge the vig to not kill again, if they can, until we have a good grasp on who is scum and who isn't. The game was set back pretty badly due to the D1 modkill (we lost a lot of ground, there) and now we need to be on our toes and careful about things.

Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:18 pm

Post by Mizzy »

MOD:
I just went into labor, be back ASAP! It should only be 2-3 days. Wish me luck :)

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:28 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Something Awesome replaces thenextepisode.

Second Mod Deadline Review = passed. Final Deadline: May 4, 2008 at ~12:00 A.M. (GMT -6) - this may be a bit late, since school finals begin May 5.

Finally, congratulations/good luck, Mizzy! Since you are about to have a baby and babies are time-consuming, I will consider you V/LA for the remainder of the game.

Seventy-Third Vote Count:

Battousai (1) - Jester

Not Voting (6) - Ectomancer, Battousai (rep. ryan), Nyktorion, Mizzy (rep. Tamuz), RangeroftheNorth (rep. UnofficialRulerofEveryone who rep. RangeroftheNorth who rep. Dean Harper), Something Awesome (rep. thenextepisode)

FoS Count:

None

Final Deadline:
May 4, 2008 at ~12:00 A.M. (GMT -6)
User out of ambit.

Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:34 am

Post by Jester »

Battousai wrote:This is my post 335, Jester. I wrote this as my summary of the first day when I replaced in. In this I gave my minor suspicions for 5 people that were mainly gut. At the time there were 11 people, not including myself.
I understand your point completely. It doesn't change the fact that I find such shotgunning to be scummy.
Something Awesome wrote:Well, Tarhalindur and myself had an... agreement.
Use of a singular pronoun. This is obviously suspicious.
Nyktorion wrote:We could have power role in the game (e.g. Mafia RB vs. standard vig?), the standard vig could have decided that RC was "just being an ass, but not scum", and for some reason have also chosen SlySly as target, we could have an SK, etc. While the case described by you is surely the most probable, it is not enough that I would like to bet the entire game on it.
Mountainous game.
FOS: Nyktorion

Nyktorion wrote:Well, an SK not only hurts the town, but also the mafia. As long as expected town and mafia win rates are still about equal, and each as least as great as the SK's, I don't see the impossibility of that setup.
Then you have some explanation, however improbable, for the single kill on Night 1?
Mizzy wrote:MOD: I just went into labor, be back ASAP! It should only be 2-3 days. Wish me luck :)
Now THAT'S dedication to your mafiascum game! :lol: Good luck, Mizzy!
I do not play MS on weekends; consider me on V/LA during them
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:39 am

Post by Jester »

Actually, after a second read of Nyktorion's post...

FOS: Battousai, unvote, vote: Nyktorion

A SK does not hurt the town and the mafia equally. Just looking at basic probability, a SK has a 82% chance of hitting town on N1 and only an 18% chance of hitting mafia.
I do not play MS on weekends; consider me on V/LA during them
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:52 am

Post by RangeroftheNorth »

I agree with Nyktorian. While the most likely scenario is the one you presented, that doesn't invalidate the possibility of other scenarios. The only indication we have that this is a mountainous game is the title, which refers to the game as
Mostly
Mountainous. That means that, while there aren't a bunch of power roles floating around, there might be one or two.

There are several possibilities for why a serial killer would not kill on a given night. They could want to hide the existence of a serial killer. They might have missed the deadline. They might only be able to kill on even numbered nights. Only having one kill doesn't preclude the existence of a serial killer.

Good luck, Mizzy.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:16 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Jester wrote:Actually, after a second read of Nyktorion's post...

FOS: Battousai, unvote, vote: Nyktorion

A SK does not hurt the town and the mafia equally. Just looking at basic probability, a SK has a 82% chance of hitting town on N1 and only an 18% chance of hitting mafia.
Actually, with 7 alive, 1 SK, and 2 scum, that would make a 66.6% and a 33.3% chance. Not quite as extreme as you say, unless you really believe in your 1 scum, 1 SK (which is to say, 2 SK's), and then it becomes an 80/20 proposition.
A Vig has a 66.6/33.3 chance of hitting town, unless we lynch town today (and there are only 2 scum), and then chances improve to 60/40. Still meaning the Vig should probably not kill tonight. If there is 1 SK and 2 scum, the SK
also
should not kill tonight.

We've got to get this right on lynches. I'm thinking if there is a 1 shot Vig, they may as well speak up. Their power is used, they are vanilla at this point, and at least it might clear up the air somewhat (if we can believe them). Would that make sense? I know, people could try all kinds of tricks, but they would have to fess up to a killing last night at least.

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:28 am

Post by Battousai »

What I gather from Jester's 694 of Nyktorion is "You disagree with me, you are obviously scummy."

And then 695- IMO, a sk does hurt the scum more than town, but the probablity of hurting town INSTEAD of scum is greater at the beginning, but decreases as days go on. The reason I say it hurts the scum more than town is because there are only (1-3, probably 2) scum and if one of the gets killed then its down to only one scum to lynch that next day and that person has to play very well in most circumstances.

Also, Mizzy, good luck :)
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:29 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Seventy-Fourth Vote Count:

Nyktorion (1) - Jester

Not Voting (6) - Ectomancer, Battousai (rep. ryan), Nyktorion, Mizzy (rep. Tamuz), RangeroftheNorth (rep. UnofficialRulerofEveryone who rep. RangeroftheNorth who rep. Dean Harper), Something Awesome (rep. thenextepisode)

FoS Count:

None

Final Deadline:
May 4, 2008 at ~12:00 A.M. (GMT -6)
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User out of ambit.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”