LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:19 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

No, Rigel, you answered what I was looking for there. I got something else minor for you, but that will come later. I'm on my iPod touch and that has no copy paste cut functions. Cutting down massive quotes isn't exactly easy so ill deal with it when I got a real computer.
Shoot first and you're a war hero. Shoot last and you're a casualty.
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:41 pm

Post by -TinVision- »

iamausername replaces farside22.
lol objective morality
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:38 pm

Post by Shteven »

Rigel wrote:
In addition, could you specify which of my arguments from post 704 you disagree with? In your post, immediately after mine, you had no negative points. Subsequently, you were against my opinion on Spacecase because you were taking flak for agreeing with it. So what else don't you like about my post 704? If anything?
You must have missed this post.

Several other claims of yours don't seem to make sense, such as saying I clearly read your post (throughly) "because you were much too specific to have done otherwise." The post I am getting flak for was one line: "And finally...How can people read Rigel's last post and not be voting Spacecase? It's about that time... "

Which really doesn't show any detailed or complex thoughts. It was posted hastily in a mistake that I've already accepted the blame for.

I still don't like Spacecase. However, Rigel's post 704 wasn't much better. See the post I linked above for more about 704.
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:45 am

Post by iamausername »

Hey, everyone, I'll be replacing farside. I've given the game a sort of semi-skimmed readthrough already, and I'm pretty happy with my vote where it is at the moment.

LaptopGun, is there any particular reason that you're still voting for a claimed doctor?

I'll give the game a more detailed read before deadline, but for now, if you guys have any concerns about my predecessor that you'd like me to address, I'll give it a try, though I can't guarantee that I'll know what she was thinking.
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:36 am

Post by LaptopGun »

Sorry for not getting back to you Rigel.
Rigel wrote: The fact of the matter is, Shteven, whether or not you actually agreed with my point, you clearly read it, because you were much too specific to have done otherwise. You've been caught in your lie by multiple people, so there's no point in trying to weasel out of it. Now, whether your play is scummy because you're scum or in spite of the fact that you're town is something that I haven't quite determined.
All in all, not much has changed. I'd really appreciate it if SC would show up, but I'm not holding my breath. However, I will say that, barring a Spacecase lynch, my second choice would be Shteven. However, in a choice between the two, it's got to be Spacecase.

Two things. First I believe that SHteven was desperately looking for any help to get SC lynched and thought your post was some great ammo. Afterall, he had someone who he thought agreed with him. I dont know what that says about him, like you said, but it does not look good that he's attempted to dodge it. Especially in my eyes as I believe SC is town. Why would someone be dead set to lynch a town (devil's advocate: how would Shteven or anyone else know SC is town). Second so you've got a player in an apparently compromising position and yet think SC is scummier? If so, fair enough but then again I'm no fan of the SC wagon so I shouldn't judge.
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:41 am

Post by LaptopGun »

iamausername wrote: LaptopGun, is there any particular reason that you're still voting for a claimed doctor?
Hi. Welcome to our lovely little deadline pressure cooker. Anyhow, I'm leaving my vote where it is for the moment as I haven't made up my mind. I'm not particuarly believing the claim. I'm stuck between what I think and what could be. If I was particuarly suspicious of someone else I'd change.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:56 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

LaptopGun wrote:
iamausername wrote: LaptopGun, is there any particular reason that you're still voting for a claimed doctor?
Hi. Welcome to our lovely little deadline pressure cooker. Anyhow, I'm leaving my vote where it is for the moment as I haven't made up my mind. I'm not particuarly believing the claim. I'm stuck between what I think and what could be. If I was particuarly suspicious of someone else I'd change.
I dislike this quite immensely.

You seem to either be (a) breadcrumbing doctor, (b) scum who doesn't want to move their vote because there is a leading wagon of scum.

Although you've been "cleared", LG, that doesn't mean that you're not the Godfather.

FoS: LaptopGun

Still very happy with my vote on Rigel.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:56 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

Do I really need to say I'm town and I'm not the godfather? Again? For the upteenth time? And I aint no doctor either.

Also, LML that's rolefishing right there. Blatant rolefishing. I'm not going to get into WIFOM arguments with you, but suffice to say I fail to see what pro-town goal you hope to accomplish.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

LaptopGun wrote:Do I really need to say I'm town and I'm not the godfather? Again? For the upteenth time? And I aint no doctor either.

Also, LML that's rolefishing right there. Blatant rolefishing. I'm not going to get into WIFOM arguments with you, but suffice to say I fail to see what pro-town goal you hope to accomplish.
You're the one with the apparent vote on the claimed doctor. You brought this completely on yourself.

I am just asking the question that is on everyone's mind. You're basically saying "I'm not the godfather" and completely KEEPING YOUR VOTE on the claimed doctor.

The only thing holding me back from changing my vote to you is... well, you were "cleared" by the "cop."
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:31 am

Post by MadCrawdad »

iamausername wrote:Hey, everyone, I'll be replacing farside. I've given the game a sort of semi-skimmed readthrough already, and I'm pretty happy with my vote where it is at the moment.

LaptopGun, is there any particular reason that you're still voting for a claimed doctor?

I'll give the game a more detailed read before deadline, but for now, if you guys have any concerns about my predecessor that you'd like me to address, I'll give it a try, though I can't guarantee that I'll know what she was thinking.
Any thoughts upon further review of the thread?
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:45 am

Post by Phate »

unvote; vote Spacecase
for the sake of a lynch.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:05 am

Post by Shteven »

Phate: Are you concerned with whether or not Spacecase is scum? From the above post, it doesn't seem so.
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:12 am

Post by dahill1 »

Shteven wrote:Phate: Are you concerned with whether or not Spacecase is scum? From the above post, it doesn't seem so.
QFT
also rereading the cases, Rigel looks like the best lynch today to me because of his defense of farside and he seemed to be overdefensive when LML accused him, and tomorrow it will provide us with a better chance of finding scum depending on what his role is/night actions
Vote Rigel
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:39 am

Post by MadCrawdad »

Unofficial vote count

Spacecase - 4 (Rigel, TheFonz, Shteven, Phate)

Rigel - 3 (LoudmouthLee, Oman, dahill1)

dahill1 - 1 (farside22/iam)

Phate - 1 (LaptopGun)

Shteven - 1 (MadCrawdad)

Not voting - 3 (Cipher, Spacecase, vollkan)
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by -TinVision- »

Eleventh Vote Count of the Day

Spacecase - 4 (Rigel, TheFonz, Shteven, Phate)

Rigel - 3 (LoudmouthLee, Oman, dahill1)

dahill1 - 1 (iamausername )

Phate - 1 (LaptopGun)

Shteven - 1 (MadCrawdad)

Not voting - 3 (Cipher, Spacecase, vollkan)

Just under 28 hours until deadline hits.
lol objective morality
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by Phate »

@Shteven: No, not particularly. I do know he's a better lynch than I am, because I delay the cop's death by a night.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Phate wrote:@Shteven: No, not particularly. I do know he's a better lynch than I am, because I delay the cop's death by a night.
so you think that overall, SC is the best lynch?
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:59 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

unvote

No offense Fonz, but I don't like the Spacewagon. My #1 and #2 suspects are on it, Phate and Rigel. And I have no clue about Shteven. Yep I am convinced they are scum and I dont see their vote on SC as a bus the scum buddy. SC could be the serial killer. SC could be town. I'm not liking the odds there. For these reason I should vote Rigel in order to tie the votes.

I announce my intention to vote Rigel or Spacecase

The problem is I feel that such a long day would be an utter waste if this does turn out to be a stalemate. I want a lynch as much as everyone does. My vote would probably be the defacto hammer on Spacecase and I'm sure everyone will call me scum for it if SC turns out town, like I think he will be. So what does everyone else think is productive- probably force a stalemate or probably sanction SC's lynch?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by iamausername »

Well, Jesse's D1 soft claim was really dumb, but I can definitely buy that a cop with a N0 guilty result would be bursting for an opportunity to claim it, especially a newbie. And how things have played out since then seems to support the claim.

However, Laptop Gun looks pretty dodgy to me. Whether or not you believe the claim, lynching a claimed doc is just not a good play. I think it will definitely be worth pursuing the possibility that he is SK or Godfather further down the line, but not today, especially with deadline looming. I'm thinking SK, based on Post 131, which seems like a possible Freudian slip.

dahill is still number one on my scumlist - both the players he replaced did pretty much nothing to aid the town, and dahill hasn't done much better. And I think it's definitely worth noting that Melody Man and dahill both voted for kabenon and Spacecase/Rigel respectively only after those wagons had a fair bit of weight behind them, without really giving any reasons of their own. Smacks of scum taking the easy option and following the herd to me.

But since it's looking like the deadline is forcing a choice between Spacecase and Rigel at this point, I'm stating an intention to vote for Spacecase if necessary. I'm not completely sold on his guilt, but that case definitely seems to have a much better foundation than Rigel's, which seems like it's just blowing a minor mistake way out of proportion.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by vollkan »

MC wrote: You really seemed to be very wishy-washy with regard to taking a stance on Kabenon. If your real point was, as you claim, that you weren't sure what to think, then why post that? Seriously. How many people post just to say 'I'm not sure what to think...' How does that help the town?
It doesn't. Being non-committal and confused gives you an out to take whatever convenient pathway comes along. Had he said "I don't want to lynch kab because...." then he would have lacked an effective out.

Deadline looms large, so my thoughts:
I do not like the way Rigel and Shteven have handled the SC wagon. Rigel seems worse overall, however, as my posts criticising him ought to have made apparent. Thus,

Vote: Rigel
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by dahill1 »

iamausername wrote:without really giving any reasons of their own.
ok from that post you say you're going to either vote for SC or Rigel (which both have a fair number of people on their wagons). now give a reason that hasn't been stated before why you will vote for one of them.
iamausername wrote:But since it's looking like the deadline is forcing a choice between Spacecase and Rigel at this point, I'm stating an intention to vote for Spacecase if necessary. I'm not completely sold on his guilt, but that case definitely seems to have a much better foundation than Rigel's, which seems like it's just blowing a minor mistake way out of proportion.
i think it should be noted how iamausername is defending Rigel
i'm starting to agree with LML
LoudmouthLee wrote:Linkage between Rigel and Farside.
also, IMO the case against Rigel is better than SC's
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:10 am

Post by The Fonz »

iamausername wrote: But since it's looking like the deadline is forcing a choice between Spacecase and Rigel at this point, I'm stating an intention to vote for Spacecase if necessary. I'm not completely sold on his guilt, but that case definitely seems to have a much better foundation than Rigel's, which seems like it's just blowing a minor mistake way out of proportion.
Vote for him then. It's deadline, and spacecase himself hasn't voted, and will presumably vote for Rigel if he shows up. LTG has pretty much said that he will break ties in favour of a Rigel rather than SC lynch. That means to get a spacecase lynch, we really need two more votes on him, and we need them fairly quickly.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:48 am

Post by iamausername »

The Fonz is right.
Unvote, Vote: Spacecase
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:57 am

Post by The Fonz »

Also, would you mind sharing your reasoning? Why is the spacecase wagon better than Rigel's?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:09 am

Post by iamausername »

Well, I pretty much agree that there was something off in his sudden switch on kabenon, and he does seem to be a chronic lurk-in-plain-sighter, posting often enough to keep himself in the game, but with little to no actual content. And, like I said, I just don't think there's a good case against Rigel.

I realise the massive irony of my saying this after my arguments against dahill, but if I had any great reasons of my own to vote Spacecase, then I wouldn't only be doing it as a necessary tie-breaker.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”