icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:03 am

Post by icemanE »

That post alone no. But his saying my scum hunting act is terrible is worth a vote. Do you think his logic for voting me correct?
No, not particularly.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:19 pm

Post by TDC »

Greasy Spot wrote:
Lowell wrote:It's cute that you use the same logic that I voted you for to accuse me as well.

What I'm saying is I don't like when Z says "don't vote for X" then you jump in and say "EUREKA!! Z and X are scumbuddies!" That's not super-sophisticated analysis to me as much as it is opportunistically trying to look like you're scumhunting.
hmm...opportunistic you say...Dude, the whole game is opportunistic. We pick apart what little tidbits of information and reactions we can until people break. So yes, I am opportunistic as well as everyone else that is playing this game. Bad Logic Lowell.
vote: Lowell
I don't understand that post, unless you have a different definition of opportunism. This is what a dictionary says:
"One who takes advantage of any opportunity to achieve an end,
often with no regard for principles or consequences.
" (underlined for emphasis).. so no, mafia is not to be played opportunistic.. at least not if you're town.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote: Clearly, we should continue to bandwagon mafiassk until he makes a substantive post.
It's been quite some days, so I guess we could also ask the mod to
prod MafiaSSK?

note: I'll be gone from Friday till Sunday, and also next week from Saturday till Monday. (Will be able to post in between)
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:31 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

ZeekLTK 5
-
CaptainCake, icemanE, TDC, Nanosauromo, FaerieLord

mafiaSSK 2-
TheSweatpantsNinja, Johoohno

Greasy Spot 2-
Marmalade, Lowell

FaerieLord 1-
ZeekLTK

Lowell 1-
Greasy Spot

With 12 alive, 7 votes are required to lynch.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:31 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

The 'opportunistic' scumtell is a bad one unless you are very, very, precise in its definition.
Marmalade
Marmalade
Goon
Marmalade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:22 am

Post by Marmalade »

Surely asking for a claim should happen at L-1, not -2, FaerieLord? I do agree that this is slightly scummy, although I'm pretty sure this could be a policy decision. However, I'm pretty happy with his Zeek hate, which was pretty well argued, I'd say.

I also like Ninja's pressure of FaerieLord, since he clearly is making an effort to scum-hunt. Not sure that I like Ninja though. Something about his interactions with Zeek bug me. And also, the MafiaSSK thing is a bit weird -- feels like a contrived attempt to saved Zeek's butt.

I like Lowell's entrance, although I am a bit curious why he doesn't mention anything about Zeek in his secondary analysis of players post.
Zeek wrote:So basically you're admitting that you are scum and if I'm a vig you'd quicklynch me (to go "1 for 1")?
It's things like this that make me suspect you. Just blatant attacks with no real evidence behind them, just to save your own butt. I reiterate that I find Zeek most scummy not because of the initial reasons, but because of his OMGUS
responses
to attacks made against him.

I totally don't like GreasySpot's Lowell vote, especially since his response to Lowell seems to be "sure, I'm opportunistic, but so is everyone!" Er... no. That said, I agree that he's really not the scummiest person here at the moment, so voting for him seems relatively pointless.
unvote

Not sure who is most suspicious, since I don't really want to vote Zeek yet, but I think I might re-read Johoono, since some of his posts I remember being slightly odd.
Sign up for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8094]Unanimous[/url] today!
Marmalade
Marmalade
Goon
Marmalade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:24 am

Post by Marmalade »

Zeek:

I have asked you to respond to my suspicion that you are just attacking people who attack you. All you have said is that "I do this when town," which is not at all conclusive.

I invite you to respond to my previous post on the issue:
Marmalade wrote:
ZeekLTK wrote:
Marmalade wrote:I'd like to know why Zeek, in his seeming re-read of the thread, ignored my post which accused him of merely attacking all those who attacked him. Since this is a significant reason why I suspect him, I'm concerned that he'd just ignore this.
That's what I always do when I'm town, ask TSPN.
1. Why didn't you think to address it? It sounds like you were trying to avoid the points you couldn't defend.
2. Saying "I always do this as town" is pretty inconclusive meta. For this to be balanced,
we need to know if you do the same as scum, or differently.
Sign up for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8094]Unanimous[/url] today!
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:53 am

marmalade wrote: And also, the MafiaSSK thing is a bit weird -- feels like a contrived attempt to saved Zeek's butt.
I get a protown read off of zeek this game, so I've no interest in lynching him, but I'm also not just going to sit around and watch while you try and get seven votes, I'm going to continue to scumhunt (or in this case, lurkerpressure.)
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:36 am

Post by icemanE »

@Sweatpants

Out of curiosity, did you you know Zeek before this game? He made it sound like that earlier.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:26 pm

I do. In fact, I just mislynched him. I'm slightly concerned that my guilt over having mislynched him last game will make me too likely to think he's town in this one. . . but, well, I'll just try to watch out for that.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:35 pm

Post by Johoohno »

@ Lowell (response for post 159): I thought something like this might come up for my vote on MafiaSSK. I could also had done the other way around (kept my vote on ZeekLTK and FoS:ed MafiaSSK), but that wasn't as a good an alternative since a FoS seemed to small to wake up MafiaSSK and to keep my vote on ZeekLTK seemed dangerous since he was pretty close to a lynch and I wanted more people to weigh in before any lynch.

I am also pleased that Natirasha (reluctant poster) is now replaced by Lowell (eager poster). I am in general pretty close to the policy "Lynch all lurkers", or at least want to shake them to life. I know I'm not the most frequent poster here, but there is a lot going on IRL for the moment.

@ ZeekLTK (response for post 161). Yes I know that you'd only been away for a few days, but you were a lot more active before, and that is why I called out the shift in your post frequency.

I will make a re-read and re-evaluate things while I wait for MafiaSSK to return (or get replaced).
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:44 pm

Post by ZeekLTK »

Johoohno wrote:I am also pleased that Natirasha (reluctant poster) is now replaced by Lowell (eager poster)
Eager, for now. Lowell was also in the game with TSPN and I and was replaced because he was too inactive...
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:24 pm

Post by FaerieLord »

ZeekLTK wrote:
Johoohno wrote:I am also pleased that Natirasha (reluctant poster) is now replaced by Lowell (eager poster)
Eager, for now. Lowell was also in the game with TSPN and I and was replaced because he was too inactive...
So you ignore marmalade's question so that you say that Lowell might leave this game?

*sigh*
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:35 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Opportunistic applies to everyone. I'm not saying you take every opportunity but I'm saying Mafia is a game of opportunities and you either take them or not. Sometimes they are good opportunities and sometimes they are bad opportunities. I voted Lowell to illustrate to him that his vote on me was an opportunistic reasons which I didn't find valid.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by Lowell »

Did I just get accused of quitting already?
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:11 pm

No, you've been good this game. Zeek and I just lol'ed a little at you being an "eager poster." I mean, c'mon. Its a little funny.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:35 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Sorry for not telling you guys, but my play style really is lurking and observing at the same time. I'm still learning.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:I do. In fact, I just mislynched him. I'm slightly concerned that my guilt over having mislynched him last game will make me too likely to think he's town in this one. . . but, well, I'll just try to watch out for that.
How recent ago was this mislynch? Did you really think he was scum?
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:17 am

Post by FaerieLord »

MafiaSSK wrote:Sorry for not telling you guys, but my play style really is lurking and observing at the same time. I'm still learning.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:I do. In fact, I just mislynched him. I'm slightly concerned that my guilt over having mislynched him last game will make me too likely to think he's town in this one. . . but, well, I'll just try to watch out for that.
How recent ago was this mislynch? Did you really think he was scum?
Post more. Lurking is not helpful to the town

Also, why did you choose that question to ask? There were a lot more things you could have picked out, what made you pick out that one?
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:41 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

If TSPN was focused on the game, then he could have mislynched Zeek on purpose, so that he could rely upon it and use it to protect his scumbuddy.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:45 am

faerielord wrote: Post more. Lurking is not helpful to the town
Anyway, the Zeek incident was about 2-3 weeks ago. . . and I'm not going to talk more about an ongoing game, but feel free to read it yourself. Mini 533.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:06 am

Post by icemanE »

Sorry for not telling you guys, but my play style really is lurking and observing at the same time. I'm still learning.
Yeah man, if all you're gonna do is lurk, there's no reason to have you alive anyway, so try to be more helpful if you can.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:32 am

So, your theory is. . . I intentionally mislynched zeek in that game, just so I could come up with a plausible reason to not go after zeek this game? Now
there's
a stretch.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:40 am

Post by icemanE »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:So, your theory is. . . I intentionally mislynched zeek in that game, just so I could come up with a plausible reason to not go after zeek this game? Now
there's
a stretch.
QFT, that's a little out there.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:40 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

I briefly commented on Lowell because it was late at night, I was just checking the thread briefly and didn't have time to make a full response.

But okay, what do you want me to address?

I "missed" a post by Marmalade partially because I was responding to Johoohno's post (which was right next to it) and partially because it didn't appear to be anything important to respond to.

Yes, the post accused me of attacking people who attack me. So? Yes I do that. Congrats. Now please tell me how that is scummy though.

It's easier (for me, at least,) to find scum by seeing how people are attacking known townies rather than to try to find scum between people who are attacking each other of whom I don't know either role.

At this point in the game (Day 1!) the only townie I know of is me, so anyone that attacks me seems more scummy than anything else, because I know they most likely have ulterior motives other than "trying to win for the town". Especially when I haven't really done anything to warrant being attacked.

For example, this is what has happened on Day 1:

-I made an off-handed comment saying "are we going to lynch Cake or what?"

-Some people wondered about this, but only FoSed me and didn't vote.

-I responded to these "suspicions" by pointing out that no one knows Cake's role, so he could be scum, and if he was that wouldn't really make me suspicious now, would it?

-After this cake OMGUS voted for me (so why is it "scummy" if I attack people who attack me, but it's not when Cake does it?) and iceman voted for me to try to prove to TSPN that he was "scum hunting" (even though I don't think he actually was).

-Then, on 3 votes, FaerieLord and TDC, two players who had not contributed to the game at all up to this point, come in with very opportunistic votes against me. (to be fair, Faerie waited a bit to actually vote, but continued to try to attack me while using "FoS").

-Okay, back up for a second. All I did was make a comment and then question the logic of some FoS against me and all of a sudden I have 5 votes against me. And the fact that I know I'm a townie gives me good reason to assume that some of these votes are not genuine townie votes, they are opportunistic scum votes who are trying to mislynch a townie.

So, Marmalade, what course of action do you propose would be better at finding and rooting out the scum who have voted for me other than to attack them back?
Tigers ate my signature.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:47 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

However, given recent posts by MafiaSSK I would consider voting for him if no one else wants to try to figure out which scum have voted for me.
Tigers ate my signature.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:49 am

(Deja vu): The problem is, zeek, is that
we don't know you're town.
And how easy is it for scum to make that argument? I don't have a problem with OMGUS votes (like, I hate it when I make a case on someone who's voted for me and they try to dismiss it with OMGUS), but when your lead argument is "they voted for me", to us, that's useless information, and its a bad argument. And people who make bad arguments tend to be scum. So, OMGUS is scummy. And definitely unconvincing.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”