LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:27 am

Post by LaptopGun »

Vote Rigel
I think the case on him is better. And nobody really responded to what I was asking.
Shoot first and you're a war hero. Shoot last and you're a casualty.
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:34 am

Post by LaptopGun »

I know I just voted, but I can't stall things. More recent events make Rigel look scumier. SC has been the chronic lurker eevrywhere, and when he's been here he's acted worse than Rigel. I better be wrong that scum have driven this wagon.

unvote

Vote Spacecase

SC better not come up town. This wagon is awfully close to Kab's.

*Prepares for people to call me a vote switcher and scum*
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:47 am

Post by The Fonz »

Imho, there's a much better case on SC than there was on Kab. As far as I can see, if we don't lynch spacecase, we're basically saying that this town won't lynch a newbie who appears dumb, however scummy he may also be.

I don't really understand your switch though, because you said just last page you believed SC would come up town, and a Rigel vote still allows the possibility for spacecase to come and break the deadlock- and if he doesn't, you can always switch later.

But, hey, this means an SC lynch is basically certain, and that's a-ok with me.
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:38 am

Post by MadCrawdad »

Unofficial Vote Count

Spacecase - 6 (Rigel, TheFonz, Shteven, Phate, Iamausername, LaptopGun)

Rigel - 4 (LoudmouthLee, Oman, dahill1, vollkan)

Shteven - 1 (MadCrawdad)

Not voting - 2 (Cipher, Spacecase)
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:42 am

Post by dahill1 »

MCD, your vote is on Shteven and we can all agree he isn't going to be lynched today
who do you think is more likely to be scum, SC or Rigel?
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:46 am

Post by MadCrawdad »

It looks like the runoff will be between SC and Rigel...

Having helped build cases against the both of them, I like the case against Rigel better. The statement about Justin ending up dead and innocent, makes me think that he knew that Justin would end up dead in the 'waffly Kabenon' post (where he seemingly cozied up to Justin by defending him against LTG and Shteven).

unvote, vote: Rigel

I would like to see SC and Cipher vote as soon as possible to see where we stand...
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:25 am

Post by The Fonz »

Well, I'd like to see SC vote too. But given that it's been two weeks since he's posted, and this is the only game he's playing in, he's likely gone for good. We'll probably have to replace him even if we don't lynch him.
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:55 am

Post by LaptopGun »

dahill1 wrote:MCD, your vote is on Shteven and we can all agree he isn't going to be lynched today
Fair enough case. However, it almost reads like one scum buddy to change his vote. That just sounds... odd.
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:57 am

Post by LaptopGun »

ABWOP You guys are basically gonna force the supposed cop to break the deadlock. This sounds like a great way to set up a case against him if the person he votes for comes up town.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:03 am

Post by dahill1 »

LaptopGun wrote:
dahill1 wrote:MCD, your vote is on Shteven and we can all agree he isn't going to be lynched today
Fair enough case. However, it almost reads like one scum buddy to change his vote. That just sounds... odd.
no, it's just that we have agreed that either SC or Rigel is going to be lynched, and everyone needs to make a decision. this goes the same for Cipher and SC.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:32 am

Post by The Fonz »

LaptopGun wrote:ABWOP You guys are basically gonna force the supposed cop to break the deadlock. This sounds like a great way to set up a case against him if the person he votes for comes up town.
Hardly. Having someone who's very likely to be town breaking the deadlock is a good thing.
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by MadCrawdad »

According to my clock, night should have fallen over an hour ago. It hasn't though, and I'm uncomfortable going to bed with a vote tally that can be tied up by a single vote (and therefore force a no-lynch situation).

It's clear that SC was the winning vote getter. To prevent a situation (however unlikely) where SC casts a tying vote before TinVision calls night...

unvote
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:26 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

That's either an honorable move or another odd move on your part MCD.
Cipher
Cipher
Townie
Cipher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:53 pm

Post by Cipher »

I'm probably too late, but
Vote: Spacecase
anyway.
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:38 am

Post by MadCrawdad »

LaptopGun wrote:That's either an honorable move or another odd move on your part MCD.
Nothing honorable or odd about it...we need a lynch. Whether SC is town or scum, if he were to pop onto the thread last night, chances are he'd vote for Rigel over himself (and therefore tie things up). I simply prevented that from happening.
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:17 am

Post by -TinVision- »

Deadline Vote Count

Spacecase - 6 (Rigel, TheFonz, Shteven, Phate, Iamausername, LaptopGun)

Rigel - 5 (LoudmouthLee, Oman, dahill1, vollkan, MadCrawdad)

The shadows are long in the sky when the town decides it must lynch before the sun sets. The crowds are strangely quiet, and finally,
Spacecase, Mafia Godfather
, quiet and unresisting, is led up to the noose, only kicking once they've kicked away the chair.

Darkness settles and even the dope peddlers and streetwalkers finally go inside. A cruel wind begins to blow, and dry leaves skitter down the desolate streets and alleyways.

My apologies for the delay. Votes after the given deadline have been disregarded. It is now Night Three. Nightchoices must be in by Saturday, 5 pm EST.
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:34 am

Post by -TinVision- »

The old adage "It's a long fall from the top" was proven by the death of
Phate, a doctor
of some local renown, who took a swan drive from the top of the Citigroup building sometime in the wee hours of the morning. Police are calling it a suicide with "absolutely no suspicious circumstances".

In other news,
MadCrawdad, a mason
, was slain last night on his way home from the Masonic Lodge. He was killed by a blow to the head with a blunt instrument. Police are asking any witnesses to the crime to come forward.

It is now Day Four. With 10 alive, it is 6 to lynch.
Cipher
Cipher
Townie
Cipher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:41 am

Post by Cipher »

Gah. I'm dead tonight, so I might as well claim my innocent result. Any objections?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by iamausername »

Cipher wrote:Gah. I'm dead tonight, so I might as well claim my innocent result. Any objections?
Well, there is a possibility that we have a second doc, but I don't think it's worth keeping it to yourself banking on that chance.

I'll
Vote: dahill1
for now, pending possible clearance from Cipher.

Everything I said yesterday still applies, among other things. He (or one of his predecessors) wasn't on either scum lynch, but
was
on the one mislynch so far. In general, his reaction to the Spacecase wagon yesterday seems extremely scummy; he got on it early in the day, when it looked like the only option, then changed his vote to Phate (now confirmed town) once a wagon started to form there, after much fanning of the flames of suspicion on his part. Seemed like he was really trying to find someone else to lynch instead of his scumbuddy. When the Rigel/Spacecase choice is forced by deadline he picks Rigel, restating everyone else's reasons.

There's also a possible slip in Post 637, where he refers to LaptopGun as "confirmed townie" - Obviously, if dahill is mafia, he'd know that LTG wasn't the godfather, and it seems from his other posts around that time that he didn't realise at the time that the SK would investigate as innocent, although way later, after people point this out, he claims that he just "forgot" to mention this possibility. (Post 667)

Then in Post 820 he attacks me because "<I> say <I'm> going to either vote for SC or Rigel (which both have a fair number of people on their wagons)" without giving reasons of my own, which a) is not true; I pretty clearly stated that I
wasn't
going to vote for Rigel and b) I was obviously doing because of the deadline, and his very next post clearly shows that he understands this necessity.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:02 pm

Post by dahill1 »

iamausername wrote:I'll
Vote: dahill1
for now, pending possible clearance from Cipher.

Everything I said yesterday still applies, among other things. He (or one of his predecessors) wasn't on either scum lynch, but
was
on the one mislynch so far. In general, his reaction to the Spacecase wagon yesterday seems extremely scummy; he got on it early in the day, when it looked like the only option, then changed his vote to Phate (now confirmed town) once a wagon started to form there, after much fanning of the flames of suspicion on his part. Seemed like he was really trying to find someone else to lynch instead of his scumbuddy. When the Rigel/Spacecase choice is forced by deadline he picks Rigel, restating everyone else's reasons.
well i can't say anything for my predecessors, but i thought that Rigel was the better case rather than Spacecase yesterday. your reason for me being suspicious for voting Phate is weak. yes, he is now confirmed town, but how was i, or anybody else supposed to know that. you're trying to put suspicion on me for pushing for a Phate lynch. i admit i was, because i thought he was pretty scummy at the time. of course, we now know he was telling the truth.
iamausername wrote:There's also a possible slip in Post 637, where he refers to LaptopGun as "confirmed townie" - Obviously, if dahill is mafia, he'd know that LTG wasn't the godfather, and it seems from his other posts around that time that he didn't realise at the time that the SK would investigate as innocent, although way later, after people point this out, he claims that he just "forgot" to mention this possibility. (Post 667)
i only said confirmed town at the time because Cipher got an innocent on him. the possibilities of GF and SK had indeed slipped my mind.
iamausername wrote:Then in Post 820 he attacks me because "<I> say <I'm> going to either vote for SC or Rigel (which both have a fair number of people on their wagons)" without giving reasons of my own, which a) is not true; I pretty clearly stated that I
wasn't
going to vote for Rigel and b) I was obviously doing because of the deadline, and his very next post clearly shows that he understands this necessity.
i knew you were doing it because of the deadline! the point i was trying to make was that it's hard to find reasons of your own for lynching someone when someone else already makes a compelling case against them, and you agree with it. am i not allowed to agree?
concerning Cipher's innocent result, i'm not sure whether you should reveal it right away or not. as iamusername said, there is a chance of another doc, but we can't rely on that completely. i think you should definitely reveal it, however, if that person is under pressure or about to be lynched.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:04 pm

Post by dahill1 »

also
Vote Rigel

i see no reason why i shouldn't be voting for him today, because the case still stays the same
the only difference is that there is no deadline, and more time for discussion
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:42 pm

Post by vollkan »

Cipher wrote: Gah. I'm dead tonight, so I might as well claim my innocent result. Any objections?
There is a small chance of a second doc, but I wouldn't risk the loss of information. Go ahead.

I will reread behaviour yesterday (and the days before if anything new crops up) and comment.
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by Shteven »

I'd agree - Cipher should claim the innocent. Especially with the godfather lynched, innocents are worth a lot more now. The only anti-town role they could be would be the SK. So anyone with an innocent on them won't have links to anyone else, unless you investigated MC's mason partner.

I don't think the mason pair is of much benefit to us at this point, as they can't vouch for each other and anyone could claim to be the second half.
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:57 pm

Post by Shteven »

Also, on the possibility of a second doctor - if we had a second doctor, they probably would have protected Phate. So I don't think we have one, although it's possible they protected someone else. Maybe they didn't believe Phate's claim and thought they had to protect Cipher personally.

I'm assuming we have 1 doctor, Phate, and so now none living.
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Few thoughts:

If we do have a second doctor, the mafia pretty much can't win.

Obv SC coming up Godfather pretty much allays my suspicion of LTG (LTG was a fairly likely GF if SC was goon, but anyone with an innocent on them can now only be SK, assuming Cipher's truthfulness).

We have one more innocent investigation to be revealed, and MCD's mason buddy (who should stay hidden unless a) wagoned or b) all the mafia are dead). Hopefully these are different.

In addition, there's a couple of people I don't think are likely SC partners due to actions.

I don't think that leaves too many people.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”