Mini 578 - Mistery at Montescuro - Game Over!

Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:04 am

Post by Dasquian »

What? We lynch the claim tracker (as ridiculous as the timing of his claim is, AND IT IS) instead of Mr Scummy Near who has lurked all day and is not posting through L-2 and L-1 now? I say "not posting" rather than lurking now since it's the weekend and anyone gets a break for that in my book.

As much as I dislike Coron's play here, jumping on him for it and attempting to get him lynched when he's actually claimed an information role is not a sound idea and is exactly the kind of rush-lynch that sucks for the town.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:30 am

Post by Coron »

Dasquian wrote:What? We lynch the claim tracker (as ridiculous as the timing of his claim is, AND IT IS) instead of Mr Scummy Near who has lurked all day and is not posting through L-2 and L-1 now? I say "not posting" rather than lurking now since it's the weekend and anyone gets a break for that in my book.

As much as I dislike Coron's play here, jumping on him for it and attempting to get him lynched when he's actually claimed an information role is not a sound idea and is exactly the kind of rush-lynch that sucks for the town.
You seem to have about a half ounce of sense(which is about 3/4s of an ounce more than MBF and Guardian seem to be having today, perhaps they were a little too enthusiasticly involved in 4/20), at least you recognize that lynching the claimed tracker isn't right, though you still question my tactics and want to lynch the wrong person, but it's a start.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:31 am

Post by Guardian »

Coron, you think we should lynch Joudas or DBE.

I am not that off from you on DBE.

I think lynching Mac would be even better.

But a few pages ago I was so sold on Near. I then re-read, and wasn't. But now, Near seems like a very appealing lynch again. Hmpuh.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:35 am

Post by Coron »

Guardian wrote:Coron, you think we should lynch Joudas or DBE.

I am not that off from you on DBE.

I think lynching Mac would be even better.

But a few pages ago I was so sold on Near. I then re-read, and wasn't. But now, Near seems like a very appealing lynch again. Hmpuh.
All of this, but you're voting me, which is rather silly given the circumstances.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:53 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

As much as I enjoy watching you resort to personal attacks when you run out of serial killer conjecture and excuses for your poor play, it's time to end this day. Your may have a few people fooled, and your claim may keep you alive for awhile, but I don't buy it one bit. If we're both alive tomorrow, expect me to strongly advocate your death.

unvote, vote Near
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Singing Librarian
Singing Librarian
Goon
Singing Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:53 am

Post by Singing Librarian »

I am in agreement that the claim is unmotivated madness, but I think it would be best to look at that tomorrow. If it is a mad scum gambit, then if we concentrate on it, it's likely to distract and could, in the worst case scenario lead to a no lynch by disbanding bandwagons. If everyone claimed under that much pressure, the random voting stage would end up being the random claiming stage as well.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:07 am

Post by Coron »

*hits head against brick wall* I was contemplating claiming now as my strategy before I was even mildly pressured, it just happened that I was pressured(admittedly light) after thinking that, that was just the factor that tipped the scales, the straw that broke the camel's back, whatever.

Honestly I thought that the scum would probably kill me in the night, and that losing the tracker is not really good.
mikeburnfire wrote:As much as I enjoy watching you resort to personal attacks when you run out of serial killer conjecture and excuses for your poor play, it's time to end this day. Your may have a few people fooled, and your claim may keep you alive for awhile, but I don't buy it one bit. If we're both alive tomorrow, expect me to strongly advocate your death.
I resort to personal attacks because you don't even use any logic in your attacks on me, so there is nothing really to argue against, so if you just say OMG SCUM, I'll just say OMG MORON.

So, MBF, you honestly don't care what my result is, in any way shape or form? I find this very disturbing.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:11 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

I am pretty sold on Coron being scum, as I don't think he is a tracker watcher whathaveyou.

His disruptive manor when we were so close to an unanimous decision seems pretty scummy to me. However due to a lack of Near comments and coron trying to split the vote I am going to stay with my vote on Near, under the idea that they could be scumbuddies.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:13 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

EBWOP

I am certain now that Coron is scum.

I still am faced with the decision of Do I assume Near is his Scumbuddy, or Do I try to get him lynched with a deadline looming?
Show
you done goofed.

Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:20 am

Post by Coron »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:EBWOP

I am certain now that Coron is scum.

I still am faced with the decision of Do I assume Near is his Scumbuddy, or Do I try to get him lynched with a deadline looming?
Mafia is not a game of certainty, so please say something along the lines of "I'm convinced that Coron is scum", although that doesn't make you look too good imho either.

And I'm still pretty darn sure DBE is scum, these two recent posts do not help any.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:25 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

forgive me... I'm
convinced[/] Coron is scum. :D

Either way your actions are incredibly fishy, that you choose NOW to become active, when we face a dead line, and had a viable candidate, You claim a role one that would, in your hopes, stop you from being lynched, under the guise that you were on the towns side versus that of the mafia.

and that Near suddenly becomes unactive seems to be a scumbuddy tell.

FoS: Coron
Show
you done goofed.

Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:29 am

Post by Coron »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:forgive me... I'm
convinced[/] Coron is scum. :D

Either way your actions are incredibly fishy, that you choose NOW to become active, when we face a dead line, and had a viable candidate, You claim a role one that would, in your hopes, stop you from being lynched, under the guise that you were on the towns side versus that of the mafia.

and that Near suddenly becomes unactive seems to be a scumbuddy tell.

FoS: Coron
Er... I've been incridible active since I replaced in, and even if not it's good for the town to have people active near deadline.

I claimed a role that if I didn't have would be hard to maintain, so um, usually those are bad things for scum to claim...

Near has been inactive for quite some time.

Things you act like are "suddenly happening" have pretty much been happening all along, maybe you didn't notice because you just replaced in recently... but whatever.
Joudas
Joudas
Goon
Joudas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:43 am

Post by Joudas »

Holy shit, go out for the day and come back to near 3 pages of fighting. Awesome.
Coron wrote:I claimed a role that if I didn't have would be hard to maintain, so um, usually those are bad things for scum to claim...
I call BS on this. It's not hard to claim any investigative role - "Hurr I got RB'd guys sorry nothing useful tee hee!" is easy enough to type. So is "Found nothing useful, maybe tomorrow rite guys?". I really don't like your logic of "You'll see by my results that I'm a tracker", as it's flawed. What if you are the tracker, and do get RB'd, or don't get any useful results? We'll be at the same impasse we're at today, as we'll have to decide if your claim is truthful or if you're bluffing. It doesn't make things any easier on anyone.

The SK suggestion was a fairly useless bit of conversation, too. You essentially said, "I think there's 3 possibilities for a SK, but I'm not going to tell you why, or who the other two are." So why mention it at all? It wastes time and forum space.

I had initially said that I thought Guardian was scum with a possible Coron partner, but now I'm having to re-think that. Guardian is seeming a lot less scummy in my eyes, but this last bit by Coron isn't doing much for my confidence in him. I see it as unlikely that both Guardian and Coron are scum. Maybe neither, but I'd go so far as to say I'm fairly certain they're not partners.

Near, however, has gone silent again, and this close to deadline, that's the most unhelpful thing anyone's been doing lately. I'm going to keep my vote on Near for the timebeing, but I would probably hammer Coron if it came to that.
Tarhalindur: [i]Joudas's play matches that of a newbie doc.[/i]
Tarhalindur: [i]The moral of the story is that I suck at newbies.[/i]
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:58 am

Post by Coron »

Joudas wrote:Holy shit, go out for the day and come back to near 3 pages of fighting. Awesome.
Coron wrote:I claimed a role that if I didn't have would be hard to maintain, so um, usually those are bad things for scum to claim...
I call BS on this. It's not hard to claim any investigative role - "Hurr I got RB'd guys sorry nothing useful tee hee!" is easy enough to type. So is "Found nothing useful, maybe tomorrow rite guys?". I really don't like your logic of "You'll see by my results that I'm a tracker", as it's flawed. What if you are the tracker, and do get RB'd, or don't get any useful results? We'll be at the same impasse we're at today, as we'll have to decide if your claim is truthful or if you're bluffing. It doesn't make things any easier on anyone.
That's true, and if that happens we can re-examine.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:04 pm

Post by Guardian »

vote: DBE

Coron can be dealt with tomorrow.

Near and DBE could be scum partners.

I'd hammer Mac, as well.
Do not lynch me.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:10 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

why would I lynch My scumpartner?

seriously?

and be trying to get more votes for them? I wouldnt, so that logic is really flawed.
Show
you done goofed.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

I resort to personal attacks because you don't even use any logic in your attacks on me
Yes I do. I can't see you as town because your claiming was illogical and the only reason you have for doing so, excluding self-preservation, seems to be that you think that you, as a tracker, are the most important pro-town role in the game. But you aren't. You can get innocent results on a mafia and you can get guilty results on a cop, doc, or roleblocker. Loosing a tracker is no more important to me than losing a townie. I don't care about your faked results.

Guardian, just.... stop. Everytime you post you look scummy. I don't see what "SK tells" Coron sees from you, but it could be the fact that you don't seems to care who dies.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Joudas
Joudas
Goon
Joudas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:25 pm

Post by Joudas »

DBE wrote:why would I lynch My scumpartner?

seriously?

and be trying to get more votes for them? I wouldnt, so that logic is really flawed.
I don't see anyone lynched yet, so you haven't done anything of the sort. And saying incriminating stuff about your scumpartner in an attempt to distance yourself is called bussing and is a common scum tactic. Try again.
Tarhalindur: [i]Joudas's play matches that of a newbie doc.[/i]
Tarhalindur: [i]The moral of the story is that I suck at newbies.[/i]
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:25 pm

Post by Coron »

mikeburnfire wrote:
I resort to personal attacks because you don't even use any logic in your attacks on me
Yes I do. I can't see you as town because your claiming was illogical and the only reason you have for doing so, excluding self-preservation, seems to be that you think that you, as a tracker, are the most important pro-town role in the game. But you aren't. You can get innocent results on a mafia and you can get guilty results on a cop, doc, or roleblocker.
Loosing a tracker is no more important to me than losing a townie.
I don't care about your faked results.

Guardian, just.... stop. Everytime you post you look scummy. I don't see what "SK tells" Coron sees from you, but it could be the fact that you don't seems to care who dies.
? How exactly do I get a guilty result on a doctor?
Also, bolded part makes me laugh.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Doc could be roleblocked. Multiple killers could target the doc's target. Doc could be naive.

You can laugh if you want to, but I'll take a townie who plays well over a tracker who doesn't anyday.

Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by Coron »

mikeburnfire wrote:Doc could be roleblocked. Multiple killers could target the doc's target. Doc could be naive.

You can laugh if you want to, but I'll take a townie who plays well over a tracker who doesn't anyday.
Yes, if the townies play well enough all information roles are obsolete...

Doc could be roleblocked... um, in this case I would give no result to a tracker(but I can ask for clarification on this point). Multiple killers... all depends on how the mod runs his doctor. Naive doctors are almost unheard of(at least in games I've been in, I think I've only ever been in one game with one).

So everything you mention here are corner cases, sure it's a possibilty, so I guess technically you are correct, but in my eyes that doesn't help your point much.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Being technically correct is the best kind of correct.

My point is that your claimed role is nothing special-- not dependable and not worth protecting. You can still get innocent results on a mafia and you can get guilty results on a cop or roleblocker. Stop trying to lead the doctor.

Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by Guardian »

mbf wrote: Guardian, just.... stop. Everytime you post you look scummy. I don't see what "SK tells" Coron sees from you, but it could be the fact that you don't seems to care who dies.
Why do I look scummy? Do I look scummy, or *am* I scummy? You give me advice like you're advising a town player playing badly.

Since when do I not care who dies? I have minimal preference as to who dies among my top 3/4 suspects. Did you confuse the two concepts?

Hey Vegeta, What's up?
Do not lynch me.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:43 pm

Post by Claus »

Arguments get heated in Montescuro, as the sun starts to set, and the villagers get worried that the villains are not going to get caught. In a few minutes, more words are exchanged than in the whole afternoon:

Vote Count!

Near 6 - Singing Librarian, Macavenger, Joudas, Dasquian, DBE, MBF
DarlaBlueEyes 3 - Yosarian2, Coron, Guardian
Macavenger 1 - Near
Guardian 1 - PyroDwarf

Not voting:

EvilGorrilaz

With 12 people alive and kicking, it takes 7 votes to lynch!

Edit:
I was going to prod the inactives, but it seems all players have posted in this weekend. If you guys personally want someone prodded, request in the thread.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Can we please have a EvilGorillaz prod? His vote could prove beneficial.
Show
you done goofed.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”