NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:06 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

skitzer wrote:Still, you shouldn't be scared of them, IMO.
Nobody wants to die.

Surye, why haven't you explained why that post was scummy yet?
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:05 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

skitzer wrote:I'm kind of sad that I'm being called out as a lurker, I mean to post, but because the nights last longer than the days it's kind of hard to find a interval in which I can post. Some people don't watch the site 24/7.
The nights last longer then the days? We've only had, what, 2 night so far, and they've been less then 24 hour each. THe game's been going for 11 days. There's been pleanty of time for you to say something.

In any case, I wasn't really going after you for lurking. The really suspicious thing was that you were lurking, you made 2 posts that were almost totally without content, and then the first post you had with ANY content was specifically attacking me for going after lurkers, which makes me think you're quite oversensitive on the subject of your own behavior, and that's a scum tell. Also, do you think that's the only thing all game that you think is worth commenting on?

I wouldn't be opposed to Skitzer and Surye taking each other out.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:06 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Edit by way of post: To clarify before someone misinterprets that, I mean "I wouldn't be opposed to Skitzer and Surye taking each other out AFTER we've had some more time to discuss and hear from everyone and come to a general agreement". We don't want anyone blowing themsleves up this early in the day, again.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:58 am

Post by Surye »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
Nobody wants to die.

When did someone ask me to? o.0

All I meant was that it could seem opportunist, but as I stated it was the result of my analysis of his play.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:49 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

Yos made the 3-scums-tell, followed by the 2-night-am-i-rite-tell.

And probably some more, but I've gotta look back.
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Surye wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:
Nobody wants to die.

When did someone ask me to? o.0

All I meant was that it could seem opportunist, but as I stated it was the result of my analysis of his play.
That post had 0 analysis, and was clearly an appeal to other people's cases ("the score so far"). Where is this analysis of his play and why wasn't it included in the post where you voted Skitzer?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I am still feeling uneasy about CES for the reasons i mentioned Day 3.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 64#1020464
Some people have been saying that is how CES usually acts and though I consider that a terrible excuse I am willing to try and take some time to meta him tomorrow.

Sarcastro has made alot of posts with feeble amounts of content. He implies someone should kill quagmire for no reason at all at one point and then he says the same thing about Yosarian2 a day or two later. I'd like to see him provide more content or at least one real case on somebody.
Sarcastro wrote:I think somebody should kill Quag.
Sarcastro wrote:So anyway, I hear Yos is scum.
Sarcastro wrote:Skruffs, stop acting foolish. Asking whether or not LML killed Ooba had nothing to do with whether or not I want day to end. Your logic is nonsense. Why would I feel the need to "encourage further stimulation"? What does that even mean?
Sarcastro wrote:Since when do people act smart in Bad Idea-type games?
Sarcastro wrote:I'm talking about people in general.
He says no one acts smart in this killing games which is true from a Bad Idea perspective, but in Bad Idea II I seem to remember him providing alot of content as he tried to convince people not to go on killing sprees. I read that game awhile back and I would expect a town sarcastro to be doing to same stuff here instead of ordering people to take out Quagmire and Yosarian without reasons.

Vote: Sarcastro

The case on Surye is he has not gone into depth about his opinion on skitzer. He basically made a quick general summary based on what other players have been saying. Like he is conforming to others ideas without adding more. Also in his seventh post his uses some whine in front of me to say that those suspecting Skruffs were the ones that killed him. Adel was the only person that voted Skruffs so she definatly didn't kill him. Scum control who gets killed each night so I would rather not decifer it. CES made a simular nightkill wifom tell which I pointed earlier.
PokerFace wrote:
Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:Hmm.. Strange nightkill choice again.

I suppose the only thing particular about Nightson's posts is that he suspected Surye, but that's probably a distraction from the fact that the first nightkill is incriminating Yos2.
Also I fail to see what your saying here. There were more people than just Yos2 who made comments in the queue about DGB. Looks like you are just trying to protect Surye because you believe nightson's death incriminates him. Yet analyzing nightkills is some big wifom...
The case on Skitzer is he made a misconception about the exact time Yosarian began his criticism of lurkers and that he has been doing some heavy lurking as well.

I can see where you guys are coming from on Surye but I think Sarcastro really needs to do more. I'd apreciate it if him and CES both went into detail over who they think is scum and why instead of just quick sentences. Who would you two guys vote for as being scum. I don't think you guys have voted at all this game. You've just been saying so-and-so needs shot or is scum.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:08 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Please don't vote for me. It is mean.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:Yos made the 3-scums-tell
:roll: I really can't believe that anyone is actually taking that seriously as a "scum tell". Why, exactally, is it suspicious if I automatically used the phrase "all three scum" when I've played like a bazillion games where 3 scum are the standard?

, followed by the 2-night-am-i-rite-tell.

And probably some more, but I've gotta look back.
[/quote]

Uh, I was pointing out that Skitzer was wrong when he claimed that the game had spent more times in day then in night, because there had only been two nights and they'd only been 24 hours each. I'd like to hear how that's supposed to be a tell.

No, on second though, I don't care.

vote:CES

Pretty sure now that he's scum. No way would he be playing this sloppy and this lazy if he was actually town looking for scum here.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:07 pm

Post by kuribo »

To me, the more troubling aspect of Yos' 276 wasn't the bit about two nights, but that he felt the need to hastily add 277's content afterward. He wants these guys blown up, but wants to make sure the town sees him on the side of extending the day. (Which is our best hope right now, honestly)

Not convinced of his scumhood, just thought it bore pointing out.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:17 pm

Yosarian2 wrote::roll: I really can't believe that anyone is actually taking that seriously as a "scum tell". Why, exactally, is it suspicious if I automatically used the phrase "all three scum" when I've played like a bazillion games where 3 scum are the standard?
I could argue that the use of the rolleyes smiley is a scumtell too, actually.
And yes, there's a possibility you said 3 scums because that's the standard in mini games, and there's a possibility that you didn't. Even because the second is only a possibility, it still makes you more likely to be scum.
Yosarian2 wrote:Uh, I was pointing out that Skitzer was wrong when he claimed that the game had spent more times in day then in night, because there had only been two nights and they'd only been 24 hours each. I'd like to hear how that's supposed to be a tell.
That's not the point. There have been 3 nights. Since townies have nothing to do at night, it seems like a good idea for scum to act like they have nothing to do with what's going on at night either, by means of miscounting the number of night. Really, it says DAY 4 right there.

Vote Yos
- You happy now, PokerFace? I've expressed my opinion enough. Apparently you've taken the time to see if I made any votes this game, but if you actually read the posts you checked, you'd see I've given my opinion on a lot of people. And I don't need whole paragraphs for things that can be said in one or two sentences.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:22 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

kuribo wrote:To me, the more troubling aspect of Yos' 276 wasn't the bit about two nights, but that he felt the need to hastily add 277's content afterward. He wants these guys blown up, but wants to make sure the town sees him on the side of extending the day. (Which is our best hope right now, honestly)
Uh, I want to make sure no one misunderstands me and does anything stupid, is what I want to make sure of. I'm not trying to be "seen" as anything.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:30 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:I could argue that the use of the rolleyes smiley is a scumtell too, actually.
:roll:
That's not the point. There have been 3 nights. Since townies have nothing to do at night, it seems like a good idea for scum to act like they have nothing to do with what's going on at night either, by means of miscounting the number of night. Really, it says DAY 4 right there.
Huh, you're right. I was just thinking how many people got killed, and for some reason I forgot about Nightson.

So, I miscounted. Big deal. But I can't believe that you really would think that I would delibratly miscount as some sort of scum gambit. What would I have to gain from that, exactally? Would all of a sudden everyone said "Oh, Yos said there's 2 instead of 3, he must be town!" Again, :roll:.

Really, you're a better player then this. You've played enough games with me to know better then to act like I would delibaratly act stupid as scum in order to try to trick the town. Is that really all you got?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:07 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Yosarian2 wrote:Really, you're a better player then this. You've played enough games with me to know better then to act like I would delibaratly act stupid as scum in order to try to trick the town. Is that really all you got?
Talking down to other players always rubs me the wrong way.

I say CES and Yos blow each other up.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote::roll: I really can't believe that anyone is actually taking that seriously as a "scum tell". Why, exactally, is it suspicious if I automatically used the phrase "all three scum" when I've played like a bazillion games where 3 scum are the standard?
I could argue that the use of the rolleyes smiley is a scumtell too, actually.
And yes, there's a possibility you said 3 scums because that's the standard in mini games, and there's a possibility that you didn't. Even because the second is only a possibility, it still makes you more likely to be scum.
Yosarian2 wrote:Uh, I was pointing out that Skitzer was wrong when he claimed that the game had spent more times in day then in night, because there had only been two nights and they'd only been 24 hours each. I'd like to hear how that's supposed to be a tell.

Vote Yos
- You happy now, PokerFace? I've expressed my opinion enough. Apparently you've taken the time to see if I made any votes this game, but if you actually read the posts you checked, you'd see I've given my opinion on a lot of people. And I don't need whole paragraphs for things that can be said in one or two sentences.
Yes I am. I have never heard of nor do I have any faith in the smiley tell, but looking back I guess you have made some valid points to go along with who you believe is scum. Getting your point across is probably better than too many details. The stuff i posted about you day three is what I have left concerning you. You seemed to be coming off as wanting to promote the rash killings. At the momment I have not finished meta-ing you, but I am more convinced sarcastro is scum than you. So i am going to keep voting sarcastro.
Sarcastro wrote:Please don't vote for me. It is mean.
This appears to be a pathetic appeal to emotion. If this was worse idea mafia where I don't die in the process and there are no nights, I would be very tempted to eliminate sarcastro right this second.

And Yosarian2 you have to unvote before you... just kidding. I still would like other players to be doing this besides me, but here is the current vote count anyway. I checked the rules and I can use other font colors just not red. And the size of font can't be altered

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Vote Count of Day 4:

Cogito Ergo Scum - 2(Elvis, Yosarian2)
Surye - 2(Peg, Skitzer, )
Sarcastro - 1(PokerFace)
Skitzer - 1(Surye)
Yosarian2 - 1(Cogito Ergo Scum)

Hey Claus, you voted Yosarian2 day 3. You want to keep that or change it?

Not Voting - 9(Claus?, Elmo, Ergo, Flameaxe, Kuribo, Marmalade, NabNab, Quagmire, Sarcastro)

16 people alive so its 9 votes needed
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nobody is lit. Deadline at the 6th May.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:28 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

elvis_knits wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Really, you're a better player then this. You've played enough games with me to know better then to act like I would delibaratly act stupid as scum in order to try to trick the town. Is that really all you got?
I'm not talking down to him. I'm quite serious. I know he's a good player, and I don't think there's any way that a player of his caliber could really be convinced that someone is scum just because I thought there were 2 nights instead of 3, or becuase I used a rolly-eye-face (which is not only an absurd scumtell, it's also something I use a lot in pretty much every game I've ever played ever). Ergo, if that's all he's got, I think he's scum trying to manufacture a false case, which is why I'm voting for him.

So, does that mean you agree with me that CES is probably scum trying to manufacture a case, or not? Because if you do, then why do you want me dead, exactally?
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:59 pm

Post by Claus »

Yosarian2 wrote:because if we just ignore the lurkers and let them lurk like you seem to want to do
Yup. Exactly what I said we should do. Nothing like having a normal day with a normal bandwagon and see who does not react to it. Funny how you react to criticisms of your ideas
by attacking people right back. So did they choose you as the "active scum" this time?

Vote: Yos2
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:08 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

ALIGHT

--

Deadline will be ~2nd May.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:13 am

Yos: I don't think I ever played with you before. I'm 'Scum, not 'Sum.

Currently reading other games you played in.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:13 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Yosarian2 wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:
I'm not talking down to him. I'm quite serious. I know he's a good player, and I don't think there's any way that a player of his caliber could really be convinced that someone is scum just because I thought there were 2 nights instead of 3, or becuase I used a rolly-eye-face (which is not only an absurd scumtell, it's also something I use a lot in pretty much every game I've ever played ever). Ergo, if that's all he's got, I think he's scum trying to manufacture a false case, which is why I'm voting for him.

So, does that mean you agree with me that CES is probably scum trying to manufacture a case, or not? Because if you do, then why do you want me dead, exactally?
You're totally twisting my words, and attributing stuff to me that I never said. I'm voting CES for his reckless comments, encouraging people to blow each other up without discussion. I am not voting CES because he is attacking you.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:15 am

Yes, we know that, but why would you want to see Yos dead too, Elvis?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:26 am

Post by elvis_knits »

The way he is responding to you... like "you're a better player than to actually suspect ME of being scum." It's like saying only stupid people would think he's scum.

And he's voting you. If he thinks you're scum, wouldn't he be attributing your actions (voting him) to being scum, and not to being stupid? If he just thinks you are misguided townie, he shouldn't be voting you. And if he thinks you're scum then he shouldn't be asking you to play better.

I originally thought that the fighting between you two was buddy-fighting, but I'm not so sure anymore. I think Yos is implying he knows you are town. Which is pretty weird if he's voting for you.

unvote CES; vote Yos
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:02 am

Post by kuribo »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:I'm 'Scum
quoting people out of context for the win

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:02 am

Post by kuribo »

^---- the above is not intended as a serious post

NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:24 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

elvis_knits wrote:The way he is responding to you... like "you're a better player than to actually suspect ME of being scum." It's like saying only stupid people would think he's scum.

And he's voting you. If he thinks you're scum, wouldn't he be attributing your actions (voting him) to being scum, and not to being stupid? If he just thinks you are misguided townie, he shouldn't be voting you. And if he thinks you're scum then he shouldn't be asking you to play better.

I originally thought that the fighting between you two was buddy-fighting, but I'm not so sure anymore. I think Yos is implying he knows you are town. Which is pretty weird if he's voting for you.

unvote CES; vote Yos
Now who's twisting words? Yos was criticising CES's specific reason, not his general accusation, and I would tend to agree that CES's conspiracy theory regarding the "two-night tell" is total crap (would you?) He wasn't calling CES stupid, he was calling him smarter than that.

You'd have to be reading pretty sloppy and posting even sloppier not to catch stuff like that. It isn't exactly nuance.

Vote: elvis_knits
she's been manufacturing cases all game.

Also, I could have sworn Scum was an alt of Sum.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”