Mini 578 - Mistery at Montescuro - Game Over!

Singing Librarian
Singing Librarian
Goon
Singing Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:57 pm

Post by Singing Librarian »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:Can we please have a EvilGorillaz prod? His vote could prove beneficial.
It could do, yes, but when you posted this, it was only a day since EG had posted. Hardly inactive.

Also, I agree with Coron that your claim he'd been inactive was completely inaccurate and unhelpful.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:30 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Don't have much to add right now.

Near needs to post.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:55 am

Post by Coron »

Dasquian wrote:Don't have much to add right now.

Near needs to post.
I agree that Near needs to post AND CLAIM.
Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:13 am

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

Willing to hammer Near if he doesn't post in like 24 hours.
When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart <3
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:22 am

Post by Coron »

Evilgorrilaz wrote:Willing to hammer Near if he doesn't post in like 24 hours.
there is no reason to hammer Near, if he doesn't show up by deadline he'll die anyway.
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by Macavenger »

Very surprised by the massive explosion of talking yesterday. Even more surprised by how little I have to add to it at this point.

I can't conceive of any reason for Coron to claim at that point, and as such am very suspicious of the claim. MBF's explanation makes the most sense of any that I've come up with (not that it makes much sense, very little about that claim does), so I'm sticking with my vote for now. If Coron does accumulate a large enough wagon to potentially deadline lynch, I'd be more likely to switch to it than before, I think.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by Coron »

Macavenger wrote:Very surprised by the massive explosion of talking yesterday. Even more surprised by how little I have to add to it at this point.

I can't conceive of any reason for Coron to claim at that point, and as such am very suspicious of the claim. MBF's explanation makes the most sense of any that I've come up with (not that it makes much sense, very little about that claim does), so I'm sticking with my vote for now. If Coron does accumulate a large enough wagon to potentially deadline lynch, I'd be more likely to switch to it than before, I think.
The whole thought of claiming in this situation sprouted from listening to Pie too much.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:20 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

I don't get any of this. Coron's claim dosn't make any sense, but I thought he looked pretty pro-town before the claim, and I think he's still pretty likely to be town now. The random claim seems...well, random, but it's not exactally something that would benifit scum in this situation. The idea that he randomally claimed tracker to try to DERAIL a Near wagon makes absolutly NO sense at all to me; how would him claiming a power role make it less likely that near gets lynched here?

Still pretty happy with my vote on DarlaBlueEyes. Her random "I am now certain Coron is scum" comment makes little sense, just seems to be going with the flow of what other people had said recently, and generally just feels scummy. The fact that she seems happy with either a Near lynch or a Coron lynch makes me unhappy about supporting either.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:33 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Why shouldn't I be happy with either? Both have exhibited Suspicious behavior, and Coron's timing is enough to cause dissent and split the vote, and IMO his intent was to get me lynched to save both his and his scumbuddy's neck.

As a tracker or anyone who would be Pro Town (as he Claims) Causing such dissent and such a stir seems to be an anti-town move. He suddenly claims as a deadline looms? and Near is one vote shy of a Lynch?
Maybe I am just new to this but that seems pretty scummy to me. And That how is how I am
convinced
Coron is Scum, but To vote for him now would only be playing into his hands, Getting a split enough vote that he and Near (who I believe is also scum) would be safe and be able to lynch an innocent (in this case) Myself.

So That Is why My vote for Near Stands. If he comes and claims and convinces me otherwise, My vote will change.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:37 pm

Post by Near »

I see that I will most likely be lynched today. I am not sure how much I can do since deadline is in a couple of days. I would like to ask for a deadline extension. We did have to replace a couple of players in this game.

I am still re-reading last few pages. I thought I wanted to make a comment on this:
Coron wrote:
mikeburnfire wrote:Too many people want to lynch Near, IMO. Perhaps there's a good reason for it that I didn't pick up, being the replacement and all, but I think it's too strongly pushed, and a lot of people are just saying "Near is scum and I won't pursue anyone else until he's lynched".
He's stealing my reasoning! :P
This is a good point. I know I said this at least a couple of times before, but I want to say it again. From the beginning of the game until now, I was the top suspect for a scum. I was heavily accused for some random voting. Then was put at L-2 just because I was lurking. Then when I came back and tried to defend myself, the accusations seemed to die down briefly, then I was put back to L-2 again. For making WIFOM statements. I was actually pointing out Guardian's WIFOM statement, but even if I was, I don't think these are very good reasons to pursue someone all day long.
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:39 pm

Post by Near »

Coron wrote:
Dasquian wrote:Don't have much to add right now.

Near needs to post.
I agree that Near needs to post AND CLAIM.
I have no special power.
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:22 pm

Post by Near »

If you guys have more questions for me, do ask. I will try to answer them as best as I can. Basically, I feel like I pretty much need to come up with convincing accusation on someone else or I will be lynched. I want to do a thorough read from page 1. This would be possible if mod can give us a one week extension. :)

Otherwise, I will try to do as much as I can tomorrow.
Show
Guys!! If RBD isn't scum, I'll video-record me eating my shoe and post it here!

Like, for REAL

Actually, I will hammer my cock.
That should be more fun.
I'll HAMMER my COCK and POST IT HERE.

RBD IS SCUM.
Lynch him and uncover the truth about RachMarie.

I'LL HAMMER MY COCK, MY BALLS, MY EVERYTHING.
RBD SCUM. ALL IN!!!!!!
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:45 pm

Post by Dasquian »

We wouldn't be at this point if you'd claimed a week ago when you first got the pressure. As it stands, with one day to go and you claiming vanilla townie, to do anything else now would be a bad plan.

Nevertheless,
request deadline extension
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:46 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:Why shouldn't I be happy with either? Both have exhibited Suspicious behavior, and Coron's timing is enough to cause dissent and split the vote, and IMO his intent was to get me lynched to save both his and his scumbuddy's neck.
That still dosn't make any sense. Why would coron claiming tracker get people to unvote Near? Or do you really think that Coron claimed tracker just to get people to vote for HIM so they'd unvote Near? That would not only be terrible scum stratagy, it dosn't even make any sense; there's no reason to think people should be MORE likely to vote someone just because they claimed a protown power role. (And, btw, there IS no reason why people SHOULD be more likely to vote someone just because they claimed a pro-town power role; "he claimed tracker so he's scum" dosn't at all follow).
He suddenly claims as a deadline looms? and Near is one vote shy of a Lynch?
Again, it's a BAD play for him to claim here, but I don't see what it has to do with the Near wagon. People like you and MikeBurnFire reacted in a wierd way to his claim, and you're saying that you're reacting like this to his claim because his claim was scummy and his claim was scummy becuase it'd make you react like this. Uhhh....
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:46 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Dasquian wrote:We wouldn't be at this point if you'd claimed a week ago when you first got the pressure. As it stands, with one day to go and you claiming vanilla townie, to do anything else now would be a bad plan.
Well, sure, except it looks like DarlaBlueEyes is more likely to be scum, and she's already at 3 votes anyway.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:20 pm

Post by Dasquian »

OK. I can get behind that. I was feeling somewhat trapped by my previous conviction on Near and our proximity to the deadline, but in truth I'm going off it a bit.

Unvote, vote DarlaBlueEyes

I did a quick skim of her posts - things that stand out are:

- Continual scumbuddy hunting/logic. She doesn't seem to hunt individual scum so much as look for the pair, and accuse pairs. I'm not sure if this is a scum-tell, but it is pretty weird. It would be a behaviour scum might fall into more readily, given their own constant awareness of scum-mates.
- "A good townsperson wants the mafia gone, and would be searching for them, therefore the most logical reasoning would be that those laying low are either Scum or a Non-Townie. " is something to come back on if DBE shows up scum, given it suggests her scum-mates would have been active at the time.
- Stuff about Coron's claim you've already covered, and I agree with. Seems like it's a cheap shot at Coron to set him up for tomorrow, because you know he's a tracker.

I'll put my vote back on Near to make sure we get
a
lynch if it goes that way, but this feels better. Near, please stay active and comment on as much as you can, you can always be revoted.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:20 am

Post by Macavenger »

Deadline is a little under 15 hours from this post, if I'm calculating the time zone differences right? If so, I should be around at most an hour before deadline to react to anything that happens, and possibly right up to it.

I don't really like the way Near says he needs to come up with a convincing accusation at the moment. Nonetheless I am getting a bit less sold on my ideas that Near is obvscum and Darla is newbie not-scum. Darla's posts recently have seemed less newbie to me, but still scummy.

I really don't think there were many if any scum on Near's wagon for most of the day, but the idea that scum could be sitting back and watching aggressive townies lynch another townie who made a mistake has occurred to me.

Near, I don't think you need to come up with a case on someone exactly - it would be more beneficial to just post your thoughts on everyone currently, in as much detail as you can manage on short notice. It would give us something to go on now, and in the event that you are town and lynched, it gives us a record from someone who's motives are confirmed to study.
Joudas
Joudas
Goon
Joudas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:21 am

Post by Joudas »

sorry for the sudden inactivity - posting this via cellphone from the hospital, fiance had our baby yesterday! :) So I'll be home tomorrow morning and will contribute more then.
Tarhalindur: [i]Joudas's play matches that of a newbie doc.[/i]
Tarhalindur: [i]The moral of the story is that I suck at newbies.[/i]
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:06 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

obviously I could claim now, but as it seems some people are set on my scummyness I have doubts I would be believed. Although I may not be attacking this game with the standard MS strategy I am using my own logic (allbeit is an odd logic) and maybe thats what seems so scummy to you all.

But I am not Mafia, I am a Power-wielding Townie.

and I really don't see the logic in not wanting to be lynched = SCUM!!

I don't think anyone wants to be lynched Scum or town, so my desire to protect myself may be read as scummy, but its merely a will to survive and lead the town to victory.
Show
you done goofed.

Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:36 am

Post by Guardian »

vote: Near

non-power > claimed power.

Near's inactivity near deadline & claim phraseology, and "need for a case on someone" all hit me wrong.

If there is a doc...
Think about how to play appropriately with two claimed power roles.

Coron, if you are really a tracker...
Thinka bout how to play appropriately here, with a claimed non-you power role.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:42 am

Post by Coron »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:obviously I could claim now, but as it seems some people are set on my scummyness I have doubts I would be believed. Although I may not be attacking this game with the standard MS strategy I am using my own logic (allbeit is an odd logic) and maybe thats what seems so scummy to you all.

But I am not Mafia, I am a Power-wielding Townie.

and I really don't see the logic in not wanting to be lynched = SCUM!!

I don't think anyone wants to be lynched Scum or town, so my desire to protect myself may be read as scummy, but its merely a will to survive and lead the town to victory.
Please actually claim, otherwise it just increases my suspicions, half claims are not good.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:04 am

Post by Guardian »

I disagree with Coron.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:55 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

If I survive the Day, (and the night), I will make a full Claim and present my results to you all.
Show
you done goofed.

Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Macavenger »

Near is still at six since Dasquian unvoted, right?

I'm interested to hear the remainder of Darla's claim, but I agree with Guardian it should not happen until after the end of this day, unless she gets much closer to a lynch than she is now. I also don't think that was really a very good time to claim that you have a power, Darla.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:13 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

when is it ever a good time? lol
Show
you done goofed.